Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: What will happen in the next issue?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Madara wipes the floor with The Alliance, Meteor no Jutsu style.

26 13.27%
  • Obito decides to finally use his Rinnegan and Chou Shinra Tensei The Alliance

7 3.57%
  • Ino controls the Juubi and makes it eat Madara and Obito

7 3.57%
  • Sasuke crashes the party and every fangirl screams

34 17.35%
  • Hinata reveals she's the mastermind behind the Juubi, and backstabs Naruto

36 18.37%
  • Juubi & Co decide they are suddenly weaker and let the Alliance do their thing while standing still like robots

19 9.69%
  • Juubi does NOT fire his Bijuuhameha at the Alliance and patiently waits until Kyuubi is ready to dance

40 20.41%
  • Nothing.

27 13.78%
New Reply
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 611 Discussion

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 611 Discussion / 612 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Anko said clearly Orochimaru wouldn't dare try a thing if Yondaime was alive, this despite Oro having growth and accumulated power for 13 years.
    There is a reason why Yondaime is always hailed as a one-of-a-kind genius
    You have to remember that this was before they knew just what Orochimaru was capable of. They didn't know he could use Edo Tensei or was successful in body transfer with the real body of white snake. Had they known that, then I doubt Minato would be able to win. I can see him beating human Orochimaru, but not white snake Orochimaru. Itachi was only able to win because of the Sword of Totsuka... otherwise I don't think anyone could beat White Snake Orochimaru.

And I should also point out that neither Anko nor Hiruzen knew just what kind of power Orochimaru gained. They merely guessed or hoped that Minato could have deterred Orochimaru if he was alive. That's like, Niidaime Hokage or Sandaime Tsuchikage saying Hashirama can beat ET Madara (without knowing what power Kabuto revived him with) when that most likely ain't happening thanks to Madara being ET, able to use Mokuton, and having Rinnegan.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful post

Regarding Naruto's mentality, I don't think he would be as weak-willed as Hiruzen:
    Oro became evil because Hiruzen turned a blind eye ( if I recall right, he remembered the guy was evil since he was a child ), I can see Naruto trying to get to the kid since day one, not letting him roam free doing what he wants, but following him in his time of need.
    I also don't see Naruto playing favourites like Hiruzen did, really
    Orochimaru's character changed with the loss of his parents. It's just what happened to Sasuke.
    I can't blame Hiruzen on this. He definitely adored Orochimaru. He couldn't even kill his pupil who clearly gave in to the evil in the end.
    From a leader's perspective, that may be wrong. But is a leader's duty killing off his subordinates initially? Jiraiya tried to convince Orochimaru countless times, but he failed.
    They could have killed Orochimaru, but that's not the way someone would act against a beloved person.

Anko said clearly Orochimaru wouldn't dare try a thing if Yondaime was alive, this despite Oro having growth and accumulated power for 13 years.
    There is a reason why Yondaime is always hailed as a one-of-a-kind genius
    I don't find Anko's perceptions that great, but clearly, Sandaime wasn't anywhere near his prime when he attacked, unlike Yondaime, who would still be very young had he been alive at that point.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    You have to remember that this was before they knew just what Orochimaru was capable of. They didn't know he could use Edo Tensei or was successful in body transfer with the real body of white snake. Had they known that, then I doubt Minato would be able to win. I can see him beating human Orochimaru, but not white snake Orochimaru. Itachi was only able to win because of the Sword of Totsuka... otherwise I don't think anyone could beat White Snake Orochimaru.

And I should also point out that neither Anko nor Hiruzen knew just what kind of power Orochimaru gained. They merely guessed or hoped that Minato could have deterred Orochimaru if he was alive. That's like, Niidaime Hokage or Sandaime Tsuchikage saying Hashirama can beat ET Madara (without knowing what power Kabuto revived him with) when that most likely ain't happening thanks to Madara being ET, able to use Mokuton, and having Rinnegan.
    A powerful attack would obliterate Orochimaru, so every Jinchuuriki, Raikages, Tsuchikages, and MS Uchihas would mop the floor with him no doubt.
    Add Hashirama and powerful ninjas such as Jiraiya and Nagato.

Truly Edo Tensei is fearsome, but it would be a double-edged weapon, considering Yondaime has a contract-breaking Fuuinjutsu that would turn the tables on him:
    it would be Hashirama + Tobirama + Yondaime vs Orochimaru.
    Do I need to tell you how hardly Oro would've been raped?

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Orochimaru's character changed with the loss of his parents. It's just what happened to Sasuke.
    I can't blame Hiruzen on this. He definitely adored Orochimaru. He couldn't even kill his pupil who clearly gave in to the evil in the end.
    From a leader's perspective, that may be wrong. But is a leader's duty killing off his subordinates initially? Jiraiya tried to convince Orochimaru countless times, but he failed.
    They could have killed Orochimaru, but that's not the way someone would act against a beloved person.
    Its clear both Jiraiya and Hiruzen loved Oro, but, as you said, that was their weakness:
    discipline him from the beginning, be there for him, that 's what I was talking about, not letting him do what he wants, which was basically what they did. It also helps that Oro was Danzou's associate, and probably was influenced by the latter.

Their fault is the same fault Kakashi had with Sasuke:
    they believed everything would be fine, despite Oro and Sasuke suffering being deeper than they imagined.
    I don't think Naruto would commit the same mistake, he would be there for his pupil since day one

Quote Quote:
    I don't find Anko's perceptions that great, but clearly, Sandaime wasn't anywhere near his prime when he attacked, unlike Yondaime, who would still be very young had he been alive at that point.
    True, even though old age is now unimportant considering Oonoki is easily the strongest Kage of the five

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    poor yamato............... lol
    Yamato is busy absorbing Hashirama's powers in the tree, becoming his second coming

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

A powerful attack would obliterate Orochimaru, so every Jinchuuriki, Raikages, Tsuchikages, and MS Uchihas would mop the floor with him no doubt.
    Add Hashirama and powerful ninjas such as Jiraiya and Nagato.

Truly Edo Tensei is fearsome, but it would be a double-edged weapon, considering Yondaime has a contract-breaking Fuuinjutsu that would turn the tables on him:
    it would be Hashirama + Tobirama + Yondaime vs Orochimaru.
    Do I need to tell you how hardly Oro would've been raped?
    I don't know if Jiraiya would mop the floor with Orochimaru, not sure about that. I'd say that would be a whole lot closer than a Rinnegan user vs Orochimaru.
    Anyway, let's don't get into specific battle details. We will stray too much from the real point (=

Its clear both Jiraiya and Hiruzen loved Oro, but, as you said, that was their weakness:
    discipline him from the beginning, be there for him, that 's what I was talking about, not letting him do what he wants, which was basically what they did. It also helps that Oro was Danzou's associate, and probably was influenced by the latter.

Their fault is the same fault Kakashi had with Sasuke:
    they believed everything would be fine, despite Oro and Sasuke suffering being deeper than they imagined.
    I don't think Naruto would commit the same mistake, he would be there for his pupil since day one
    Ever since that Danzou relation has been revealed, this is what I have been thinking, as well.

True, even though old age is now unimportant considering Oonoki is easily the strongest Kage of the five
    I agree. But I'll also give credit to Oonoki in person for that. He's a long ago past generation's Shinobi. It's highly probable that he was even older than Sandaime and I don't think everyone can keep up that level to such a late age.
    Old generations were sublime, I'd say.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    This strikes me as one of those situations where editors unfairly get blamed for a series' flaws. An editor can can reject things, give feedback, and point out what he thinks works/doesn't work; maybe even suggest things that might work better. In a perfect world that kind of editing is basically a safety net for a writer.
    You're right, every bad decision can't just be blamed on the editor. But there are 'forks' in the story where (at least IMO) it clearly looks like Kishi was 'pushed' in one direction, and then the rest of the story suffers as a result. Not saying that every bad development in the story has happened that way, but take a look at one glaring example: Tobi. Look at every iteration of Tobi and tell me it was "just Kishi's bad planning", lol. I don't think anybody can be that bad at planning ahead.

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

I agree. But I'll also give credit to Oonoki in person for that. He's a long ago past generation's Shinobi. It's highly probable that he was even older than Sandaime and I don't think everyone can keep up that level to such a late age.
    Muu also implied that the usage of Dust element affects longevity, although he could have just meant it literally (as in 'you've stayed alive because you have such a powerful weapon'). Or he could have meant both. Who knows lol.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Junior's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    You think so?

If he/they knows that naruto is the son of minato and student of jiraiya then I don't see any problem.

And naruto would going to use his almighty talk no jutsu, then everything would gonna be alright. The fuedal lord would going to bet on naruto like tsunade did.
    You said that like Kakashi doesn't have things going for him.

Kakashi was the student of Minato, son of the legendary "White Fang", a former ANBU and is known throughout the Narutoverse as a formidable ninja. Kakashi not only has the lineage but he has an EXTENSIVE resume to back everything up.

Granted, once this comes to a close Naruto will have a resume that makes that look like childsplay but even with the conclusion of this war I doubt he'd be TRUE Hokage material.

He'll have the accolades, he'll have the raw power but will he have the overall EXPERIENCE and MATURITY needed to do the job justice? If Naruto becomes Hokage at the end of this war it'll be purely because of his fairly RECENT accomplishments and would be more of an "emotional" appointment.

Believe it!...or not Naruto has a lot of room to grow. Honestly, if he's so terrifying now imagine how dangerous he'll be in 10 years time.

I'm not saying that Naruto will abandon his Hokage aspirations but I wouldn't mind if things ended with him realizing his shortcomings and allowing someone else to take the seat while he goes out to develop himself.

Maybe that's just me.
    Last edited by Junior; December 04, 2012 at 09:14 AM.
    2013 MH Resolution: Ignore the fanboys.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I
    He didn't need chakra to dig and jump and punch. But yeah, Kyuubi's boost was the reason why he was able to do what he did.

No, I understand it well. I'm just saying that Naruto himself didn't give up when he could have.

Exactly. He'd have actually been much smarter, though I"m not sure if anywhere near Sasuke's level.
    He did need chakra to make the clone that Neji thought he defeated though. Remember, Neji thought he defeated Naruto only for the clone to pop, and then Naruto came raging out of the ground in all his epicness.

But Naruto's amazing stamina, is in large part thanks to the Kyuubi. There are many times when he would have normally passed out and wouldn't even of had the chance to keep pushing on, which is my point. Without that stamina to do so, he would have failed time and time again, and that would have certainly taken a toll on him.

And while we never will know what he would have been like without the Kyuubi, I'm not sure how much smarter he would have been. Talented? Absolutely, while not a genius, Naruto has natural talent and a high chakra supply to help him. But his dimwittedness seems to be a birth defect lol.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

It wasn't mentioned, but I thought she died, as she was shown after Hidan completed the ritual. Never thought Hidan could actually use that ability just for the purpose of knocking someone out (got too much into this personality perhaps? )
    No, Akatsuki members can't kill the Jinchuriki because the Biju would die with the host which is a no no.

As for Hidan, using his ability to knock someone out, especially if that someone is a Jinchuriki with healing abilities is certainly possibly. Causing enough trauma to the body could put them into shock, or make them unconscious from all the pain.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to respectfully disagree, but I do not disagree completely. From what we've seen, Orochimaru was very strong. But he had several vulnerabilities, including the soul transferring jutsu itself. Naruto pushed him to his limit with 4 tails, for instance. Even if he was growing vulnerable and need of the switch, Naruto certainly exacerbated it (sp?). Though... that kind of brings up an interesting topic. I don't think all of Shippuden happened in just 1 year. Maybe a few have passed. In the end, maybe it will be 4?

However MJ3, I don't think there's any way to deny Orochimaru's resiliance, which to me makes him one of the most formidable foes in the Narutoverse. The fact he's back and alive is all we need to know to prove this. He's lost twice to Itachi, been absorbed by Sasuke, had his arms sealed by Sarutobi, etc. and he still lives. Not only that, but he bore witness to all that's been going on, probably knows what Kabuto did and IMO probably gained something else from taking his sage chakra that we just haven't learned about yet. I think Orochimaru's dangerous because he keeps losing, but keeps living, and then keeps learning. He continues on, finding things, discovering things. His power is through knowledge IMO, which has helped him to live even when in physical encounters, he may come up short.

But I don't know - the sword for Itachi was important and helped at that moment when he was going blind and fighting chakra exhaustion & terminal illness, but he didn't need it the first time he severed Orochimaru's hand. There usually are caveats to encounters in the Narutoverse and there always seems to be one with Orochimaru. Except for the Sarutobi one.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member okyatoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Kakashi would be the next Hokage, (if Tsunade dies in this war). . . I think that will be the direction of the story. . . And Naruto . . . even when the time comes won't accept the Hokage title. . . He'll hand it over to Shikamaru or Sakura or Neji. . . As he will be more interested in different adventures. . .

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jalix View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree, but I do not disagree completely. From what we've seen, Orochimaru was very strong. But he had several vulnerabilities, including the soul transferring jutsu itself. Naruto pushed him to his limit with 4 tails, for instance. Even if he was growing vulnerable and need of the switch, Naruto certainly exacerbated it (sp?). Though... that kind of brings up an interesting topic. I don't think all of Shippuden happened in just 1 year. Maybe a few have passed. In the end, maybe it will be 4?

However MJ3, I don't think there's any way to deny Orochimaru's resiliance, which to me makes him one of the most formidable foes in the Narutoverse. The fact he's back and alive is all we need to know to prove this. He's lost twice to Itachi, been absorbed by Sasuke, had his arms sealed by Sarutobi, etc. and he still lives. Not only that, but he bore witness to all that's been going on, probably knows what Kabuto did and IMO probably gained something else from taking his sage chakra that we just haven't learned about yet. I think Orochimaru's dangerous because he keeps losing, but keeps living, and then keeps learning. He continues on, finding things, discovering things. His power is through knowledge IMO, which has helped him to live even when in physical encounters, he may come up short.

But I don't know - the sword for Itachi was important and helped at that moment when he was going blind and fighting chakra exhaustion & terminal illness, but he didn't need it the first time he severed Orochimaru's hand. There usually are caveats to encounters in the Narutoverse and there always seems to be one with Orochimaru. Except for the Sarutobi one.
    Yes, the four tailed cloak pushed him to the limits. In fact, that form was a lot stronger than most of the skilled Shinobi. It nearly killed Jiraiya, too. And Orochimaru, thanks to, as you mentioned, his body transfer time coming up, was limited in terms of power.

There is no denial to Orochimaru's resiliance and his access to many intel no one seemingly should be aware of, which makes him a strong character within the story itself. There are theories about his Uchiha body obsession, and that may finally be enlightened when they see this "the one who knows everything" person, perhaps.

Totsuka's sword was one of the few methods in the series to seal away a near-immortal character like Orochimaru. I don't exactly know if Yamata no Jutsu had a way to counter MS abilities, but Orochimaru massively underestimated Itachi back then in their first encounter during Akatsuki days. And for Itachi, Orochimaru was always a threat to Konoha, if not he was to Sasuke. That's why Totsuka's Sword played a vital role in that regard.

Even so, after all this, he's alive and I can't say what else can happen to him.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by okyatoks View Post
    I think Kakashi would be the next Hokage, (if Tsunade dies in this war). . . I think that will be the direction of the story. . . And Naruto . . . even when the time comes won't accept the Hokage title. . . He'll hand it over to Shikamaru or Sakura or Neji. . . As he will be more interested in different adventures. . .
    That would be really cool if Naruto finally understood that the Hokage is merely a title. In the end, your value as a Shinobi is measured by the way you act, not by your title (=

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if Jiraiya would mop the floor with Orochimaru, not sure about that. I'd say that would be a whole lot closer than a Rinnegan user vs Orochimaru.
    Anyway, let's don't get into specific battle details. We will stray too much from the real point (=
    Agreed

Quote Quote:
    Ever since that Danzou relation has been revealed, this is what I have been thinking, as well.
    He appears quite young as well, meaning its probably before he became mad with power

Quote Quote:
    Too true, this generation sucks:
    the actual Hokage is weaker than all other Hokages, Mei is arguably weaker than Niidaime Mizukage and Yagura, same with Oonoki being slightly less skilled than Muu, lacking his perfect camouflage and his sensor abilities.
    A is weaker than his father as well, the only one who is stronger than the past ones is Gaara.
    For the others, only Sasuke and Naruto are better than the old generation, and even them pale when confronted by the likes of Madara and Hashirama

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

1- oro from the beginning was like a evil kid or look like. thats why sarutobi was scare of that. also sarutobi and j-man plus dsunade love oro.
    2-yamato is getting hes A rape cause they sucking hes chackra to make the zetzu clone. but since the zetzu are beat, does that mean he could scape now and learn something to stop the 10 tails.
    3- could the person who knows everything, could it be the danzu team mate who was a uchiha and probably is a live and he know the true story behind all.
    4-wow kishi has make naruto such a monster, that he will make some excuses to make sasuke a monster. i mean kyuubi mode. and they is a kyuubi mode 2. wow really. and for each mode they is a custome. soo stupid. naruto could be naked and kyuubi mode......hes dress to go
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the funniest moments in the manga, IMO, was when 4 tails Naruto used a mini-bijudama on Orochimaru, and Orochimaru looked royally eff'd up afterwords. lol

Yamato is busy absorbing Hashirama's powers in the tree, becoming his second coming
    It really is getting time to see him again IMO (Yamato). I can't wait to see what happens to him after he's free from there. Something HAS to have changed... if not, I'll be pretty disappointed. Whether it's knowledge he obtained, a link to Hashirama, etc.... it should be cool. Like - a pet theory I had at one point was that he would somehow be free, and his mokuton would 'shock' Madara. Would be a cool way to make Yamato not just a more interesting character but more relevant too.

Could be that somehow he's actually Hashirama's great grandson or something.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jalix View Post
    One of the funniest moments in the manga, IMO, was when 4 tails Naruto used a mini-bijudama on Orochimaru, and Orochimaru looked royally eff'd up afterwords. lol

It really is getting time to see him again IMO (Yamato). I can't wait to see what happens to him after he's free from there. Something HAS to have changed... if not, I'll be pretty disappointed. Whether it's knowledge he obtained, a link to Hashirama, etc.... it should be cool. Like - a pet theory I had at one point was that he would somehow be free, and his mokuton would 'shock' Madara. Would be a cool way to make Yamato not just a more interesting character but more relevant too.

Could be that somehow he's actually Hashirama's great grandson or something.
    but thats the same as when Sasuke fought him he could not use his arms....the only jutsu he used was the gate summon. i dont think we have seen oro at his fullest maybe when he faced the 3rd but even then he did not go "all out" as he knew the 3rd could not kill him

And Yamato is more like a "genetic clone" of the 1st i doubt there is any relation at most Yamato could be of senju blood
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Invader's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    He breaks the cycle of hatred with love and understanding... until he finds a person who can't be swayed with any amount of love nor understanding. The question is "what then?" The answer is gonna be boring and cliche as hell: "He doesn't rely on his own strength, because his strength combined with those he has created bonds will help him win." That's cheap as hell.
    This is another area where I must preface the response by saying that I’m not attacking you. I’m disagreeing with your opinion. I use the words “you/your” simply because I’m addressing a specific post, but I hold no specific animus.

The way I see it, your statement is saying that the most noble, selfless, and laudable aspects of human nature are “cheap”. This is illustrative of the gap between us. When you see Naruto relying on bonds, or refusing to participate in revenge – you see cheapness, cheesiness, or whatever and it annoys you. You’d rather see Naruto wallowing in misery, pain, and doubt. But when I see Naruto persisting in love & understanding, relying on bonds to continually offer salvation to a friend, I see an attempt to illustrate some of the most altruistic and benevolent traits that human beings can manifest. You see cheapness. I see transcendence. I’m not telling you want to do, but I suggest that perhaps you’re looking for the wrong things in the story’s theme.

In Christianity, the concept that Satan is actually Christ’s brother Lucifer shows that even at the highest levels it is not always possible to redeem someone. However, the lesson is that even if you can’t redeem someone that is truly fallen you must still continue to do the right thing yourself – sacrificing what is expedient and convenient in order to do something higher but more difficult. That’s what Naruto does. Sauske has always slapped away the proffered hand of friendship. Does Naruto give up? Nope. He keeps trying. And what is more, he keeps that hand out – even as he is fighting Sauske – to let him know that even if he (Sauske) forces him (Naruto) to fight, he (Naruto) still cares and is offers a way back. Is it always going to “win” in the sense he converts Sauske or someone like Madara? No – but the only way Naruto “loses” is if he compromises on his philosophy.

If that is cheap – then give me a “cheap” story, please. I’d rather read one cheap story like that than billion of the post-modern angst fests. The story you want isn’t uplifting. It has no heart. It simply asks questions and then runs away from the answers. That isn’t ‘deep’. That isn’t ‘thought provoking’. It’s just lame.

Quote Quote:
    In other words I want Naruto to get serious because he realizes just how grim things have gotten.
    Naruto has gotten serious. Getting serious doesn’t mean you have to act like a pathetic, self-absorbed, world-weary, obnoxious twit. Naruto is a “happy warrior”, not one of those annoying dime-a-dozen anti-heroes.

Quote Quote:
    How in the Blue Hell does it make sense that he's more concerned about saving his friend's life... than saving the world?
    Madara/Obito/Juubi are fighting for world domination – a ‘benevolent dictatorship’ if you will – that eliminates free agency with overwhelming power. Obito has worn a mask forever and doesn’t even care about his name. He’s literally ‘nobody’. Madara is some honky from the past that pops out of nowhere. The Jubi is a legendary monster. Really, this fight couldn’t be more simplistic and impersonal. Sauske is fighting for annihilation. He wants literal genocide. And what is more, he is a known friend – someone they cared about and who we have seen change ourselves as readers. That’s a different kind of fight and deserves being treated differently.

Quote Quote:
    He also didn't do anything that would lead us to believe it hurt him on a personal level. I mean I hate to say what everyone else is but... they're fodder.
    M’eh – I’ve said it before. Just because they’re fodder doesn’t mean they weren’t people. You think Naruto doesn’t care about them just because of that? Mixed in that ‘fodder’ were Konoha nins he had to have known – and he KNEW they were there thanks to Sage mode. Then – boom – they’re gone. I’m able to accept that as a real tragedy even if it wasn’t Kakashi or Sakura.

Quote Quote:
    But I have to explain something: you're using "emo" in the derogatory "l337speak" connotation
    Not exactly. I use it to describe a general attitude. To me, people who go around moping, whining, and constantly second-guessing themselves by carping about the bleakness and absurdity of life are “emo”. Sauske is emo in that sense. Also, the desire to have Naruto mope around, blubber in his cup over the futility of his philosophy, and agonize over the deaths of people he didn’t have the power to save or change is a desire for “emo” in the story. I’ll pass on that crap. I see no point in going through life thinking the worst, and pretending that there isn't real 'right' and 'wrong'. That isn't true in the real world, and it shouldn't be 'du jour' in a story either.
    Hidan... Naruto's ONLY real villain!

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast