Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

1 0.61%
  • 2] Average

2 1.21%
  • 3] Good

8 4.85%
  • 4] Great

41 24.85%
  • 5] Epic

95 57.58%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

18 10.91%
New Reply
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 690 Discussion

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 690 Spoiler Discussion

Nope. It means that his DF ability is stronger than Vergos haki.
    I would not totally cross out Vergo coz we still dont know name of his fruit so maybe we will get it in next chapter. He might not be down yet.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    Hold on a second does this means Laws haki is superior to Vergo's!?This guy is quite something i got to say.
    I guess that it's not Haki VS Haki contest, but rather Haki VS Demon fruit. Some time ago, when Law's power was lower, his Demon fruit ability wasn't able to cut Haki-hardened Vergo, but now he can.
    EDITd

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was really great. Especially due to it's second part, where we've managed to see Vergo's power and Law's power.
    Vergo seems to be a real terminator with such a usage of CoA Hardening, when he not only is able to cover his entire body in it, but also able to make himself more muscular. With such an ability it isn't strange, why he is a top dog. Still Law managed to win, but I see it more as Vergo understimated him, because 2 years ago it seems Law was unable to break through Vergo's defense. If he didn't understimate him, then he would have tried to dodge as it seems that he is very fast, but we won't know it. Still, it doesn't seem that Law killed Vergo. He just separated his body parts rendering him unable to fight back. The same way he did against Kinemon.
    Also we learned that Vergo seems to be the most important fighter among Dofla's people, so it really makes his crew weaker, but still Doflamingo himself should be still strong and very pissed now. Thus, the fight between Dofla and Luffy's crew is unevitable now. And it seems that Law will join them in this fight.

P.S. I really hope Luffy will use the same trick Vergo did at some point. To cover entire body in Hardening CoA is a very handy ability.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

interesting chapter, smoker actions r a little predictable when u hear about his "tactics" from vergo.we cleared vergo power in the end. but i am not sure law actually defeated vergo with that omnidirectional slash. moreover some1 who can actually create muscle mass with BH getting cut with DF power seems over the top. haki inconsistencies like these should be cleared.

Luffy send ceaser to kingdom come predictably. idiot samurai finally realized his mistake in a more mistaken way. still no trace of the DDs men or from franky. looks like big mam is getting in the picture sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by cearon; November 28, 2012 at 04:37 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Law made luffy hard training look pointless. Vergo's whole body used haki and he got cut in half; so far luffy's haki has been degraded since it seems everyone has haki. Everyone has a haki weapon except luffy. For instance how can luffy fight someone like Law and Shanks..?

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

That cut was crazy. I'm a bit worried that some other people may have been get into it. So that what Law meant when he said "I can't guaranty anyone safety" :-)
    I also wonder what will be the effect on the gaz. It should spread a bit everywhere now.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that chapter makes me love OP again.
    What an EPIC ending!!
    Now, Oda-san, stop dat run-run-run stuff already, and it will be perfect.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mr.danly's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy badass hell, Law just cut through the entire damn lab! I loved his challenge to Doflamingo, absolutely incredible chapter (though I wish the vergo fight had lasted a bit longer, he was so awesome. Looked crazy with his full armament haki
    Currently Following/Completed: One Piece, DGM, HxH, Naruto, Deadman Wonderland, Air Gear, Psyren, Fairy Tail, Bleach.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

RAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! Law is back, and better than ever. That was how I would expect a match-up between the likes of Vergo and Law to turn out. So much for Vegro's uber impressive armament. Enjoyed Luffy's pounding of Ceasar, it was both hilarious and immensely satisfying. I think we're likely to see some sort of situation with the alliance of Luffy & Law v The World now.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Law made luffy hard training look pointless. Vergo's whole body used haki and he got cut in half; so far luffy's haki has been degraded since it seems everyone has haki. Everyone has a haki weapon except luffy. For instance how can luffy fight someone like Law and Shanks..?
    I think the chapter demonstrated the cutting power of his DF, but I think it has yet to be tested against speed, which is one key area where Luffy excels.

Although Law's DF hasn't fully been explained, I think Luffy's second-gear combined with his present proficiency with Armament Haki puts him well above Law just as he was able to outpace Observation Haki with the Boa sisters.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, the weird prediction is: next panel of chp 691: Luffy get cut in 2 pieces.

I really wonder how Kinemon knew that his son was turned into a dragon. ?????????

Really nice chapter to me.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

its nice to see an angry donflamingo for a change. this was such a good chapter and its nice to see exactly how much law improved over the timeskip and i still love his appearance without his hat.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, i can't believe that Law can cut through that COA.. even CC referred to the strength of his COA..
    Q> So haki not only improved law's ability to be able to cut logia but also strengthened it that even though his COA is weaker than Vergo's, he was still able to cut him because the DF cutting power was amplified by Haki??????
    I don't want to say that it was plot driven though, but it doesn't sum up anything, at all...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter, great arc, i say its a second best arc after Impel Down, cant wait to c it animated!
    Law is badass, they totaly need an official alliance with straw hats.
    GJ Oda!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    I really wonder how Kinemon knew that his son was turned into a dragon. ?????????
    Maybe they have found the little girl that was out of the infirmary in their search for seastone cuff.

New Reply
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast