Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

    1 0.61%
  • 2] Average

    2 1.21%
  • 3] Good

    8 4.85%
  • 4] Great

    41 24.85%
  • 5] Epic

    95 57.58%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

    18 10.91%
New Reply
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26
Results 376 to 385 of 385

Thread: One Piece 690 Discussion

  1. #376
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 690 Discussion / 691 Prediction

    I wonder now whether law is the one who's gonna fight doflamingo,instead of Rufy,who might end up fighting big mama directly. After all,law's just defeated vergo,and rufy may be not the real main character of this arc,that is he might not be supposed to defeat doflamingo...

  2. #377
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 690 Discussion / 691 Prediction

    Here my review of the chapter + a long (but I hope, interesting) explanation of Law's plan

  3. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #378
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jamjosef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Country
    Jamaica
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 690 Discussion / 691 Prediction

    For Some reason i keep thinking that SAD is a means for control that Dofla has for the yonkou and that the artificial fruits will only grant Power for a time and need to be replenished by constantly eating it... it would make more sense that way cause destruction of SAD at punk hazard would cause the addict to go beserk as the children did and turning on the person who supplies it (BM or Dofla) hence weakening the army and leaving them open to a joint supervnova attack
    and then keeping ceasar would allow controll over its production in case they'd like to controll the "beasts" themselves

    hes gonna open a can of whoop ass fox style

  5. #379
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 690 Discussion / 691 Prediction

    so this is what law meant when in volume 67 he was fighting smoker: http://www.mangastream.to/one-piece-...2-page-17.html . the marines haven't been challenging noone out of the strongest pirates,cause they are about to make a mess against someone amongst the big ones. and it looks like the top tier of the Marine is aware of that,since smoker should know that,according to law's (rethorical) question.

  6. #380
    Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,522
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 690 Discussion / 691 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Nice fanart, but I bet those are not Dofla's eyes.
    He kind of looks goofy. I mean I guess he wears them due to REAL eye problems. But they are just sunglasses when you get right down to it. His eyes should have a more menacing look I guess. A lot more wide I would say.

    But maybe Dofla's eyes will remain an unsolved OP mystery.
    Last edited by Josef K.; December 04, 2012 at 07:05 PM.

  7. #381
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 690 Discussion / 691 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    He kind of looks goofy. I mean I guess he wears them due to REAL eye problems. But they are just sunglasses when you get right down to it. His eyes should have a more menacing look I guess. A lot more wide I would say.

    But maybe Law's eyes will remain an unsolved OP mystery.
    Laws eyes? or do you mean doflamingo?

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #382
    Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,522
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 690 Discussion / 691 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by kg21tmac1 View Post
    Laws eyes? or do you mean doflamingo?
    Yeah sorry, but those sharp eyes on the Den Den Mushi really reminded me of Law's, got carried away.

    But this is an interesting problem we got here, anyone up for bets that Luffy sucker punch breaks them?

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #383
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molecularpepsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 690 Discussion / 691 Prediction

    i know many people have said that Luffy has appeared inept in this arc due to his inability to deliver a final blow to CC yet. i would argue the contrary, as Luffy's mission is to capture CC and not defeat or kill him. thus, in my opinion, Luffy is displaying unprecedented control and restrain, suggesting that he has matured as a fighter and that he has much stronger moves up his sleeve that he has yet to showcase.

    i'm curious to what will Smoker's situation be after this? i don't think he can just go and report Vergo, as it's obvious that Don Flamingo (DF) has many high connections within the corrupted world government so DF could manipulate the system and fabricate some story that makes Smoker be the bad guy. so Smoker might be hesitant to report anything and just go straight to the source and pursue DF. which may lead to a temporary truce/alliance with the mugiwaras until they defeat DF and bring him to justice.
    one word describes BB the best: opportunistic
    my favorite character of the series!

  12. #384
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Posts
    436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 690 Discussion / 691 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by molecularpepsi View Post
    i know many people have said that Luffy has appeared inept in this arc due to his inability to deliver a final blow to CC yet. i would argue the contrary, as Luffy's mission is to capture CC and not defeat or kill him. thus, in my opinion, Luffy is displaying unprecedented control and restrain, suggesting that he has matured as a fighter and that he has much stronger moves up his sleeve that he has yet to showcase.

    i'm curious to what will Smoker's situation be after this? i don't think he can just go and report Vergo, as it's obvious that Don Flamingo (DF) has many high connections within the corrupted world government so DF could manipulate the system and fabricate some story that makes Smoker be the bad guy. so Smoker might be hesitant to report anything and just go straight to the source and pursue DF. which may lead to a temporary truce/alliance with the mugiwaras until they defeat DF and bring him to justice.
    I can't really agree with you about Luffy showing control or restrain, all he's done so far is try to punch Caesar as soon as he sees him, Law even had to warn/remind Luffy not to give away their plan.

    As for the bit about Vergo and Smoker, I don't think Law and Smoker plan on leaving Vergo alive, so Smoker can just say that Vergo died fighting pirates, maybe the Mugiwaras will be blamed so they can finally all get bounty increases. It would be an interesting switch from what happened with Crocodile, where Smoker got the credit for taking him down. I doubt the WG would want the world to know that a high ranking Marine was a traitor, that would undermine peoples's faith in the Marines and WG, and we've already seen that they aren't afraid to lie so as not to disturb the general population's peace of mind.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #385
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molecularpepsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 690 Discussion / 691 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    I can't really agree with you about Luffy showing control or restrain, all he's done so far is try to punch Caesar as soon as he sees him, Law even had to warn/remind Luffy not to give away their plan.

    As for the bit about Vergo and Smoker, I don't think Law and Smoker plan on leaving Vergo alive, so Smoker can just say that Vergo died fighting pirates, maybe the Mugiwaras will be blamed so they can finally all get bounty increases. It would be an interesting switch from what happened with Crocodile, where Smoker got the credit for taking him down. I doubt the WG would want the world to know that a high ranking Marine was a traitor, that would undermine peoples's faith in the Marines and WG, and we've already seen that they aren't afraid to lie so as not to disturb the general population's peace of mind.
    i see what you're saying, but this is Luffy we're talking about here, punching is really all he's got! however, if i remember correctly when he first met CC he tried to catch CC with his hands. if you pay attention, it seems that he's been gradually increasing the strength of his punches with each subsequent confrontation.

    My point with DF was that no matter what Smoker says or does he can get him in trouble just by virtue of his connections. also, i would think killing a vice admiral will almost certainly trigger an investigation, perhaps by an admiral probably not the smartest move. after this Law may lose his title as well.

    but, i'm still not convinced that Vergo has completely lost yet. i still think he has some devil fruit ability he has yet to use thus far.
    one word describes BB the best: opportunistic
    my favorite character of the series!

New Reply
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts