Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dougbp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    New chapter will be out soon guys! Massacre time!
    futurefrog: Do you think that the RAW will come out today or tomorrow?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody know when the download link to the next chapter will be out ? Who posted that chapter to begin with ?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kazna's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone knows Japanese? Can you verify this: I think there's some words used by the Kuruta that are written in katakana (alphabet system for foreign language) instead of hiragana/kanji, such as ウルサイ instead of うるさい (meaning "noisy"). If I'm correct I think this is really fun since it indicates that the clan speak a different language (from the outside world) and the dialogues can show that even in the same language (Japanese).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member junjun2's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazna View Post
    Anyone knows Japanese? Can you verify this: I think there's some words used by the Kuruta that are written in katakana (alphabet system for foreign language) instead of hiragana/kanji, such as ウルサイ instead of うるさい (meaning "noisy"). If I'm correct I think this is really fun since it indicates that the clan speak a different language (from the outside world) and the dialogues can show that even in the same language (Japanese).
    It's true that some words that are normally used in Hiragana or Kanji are written in Katakana in the chapter, but that's not special. You can see the usage in any situaions in any manga. Katakana gives readers impression such as awkward, strange, severe etc... dependent on the situation. It's also used to emphasize a sound. You can see a lot of onomatopoeic words written in katakana in backgrounds.

btw, the next chapter is very cruel.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Last edited by GingFuriksu; December 05, 2012 at 12:24 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

We all wanted to read about the masacre, but I think that if the intention is to develop Kurapika as a character, this story is much more enriching.

I mean, we don't know the details about the masacre, but we can imagine what happened. And we have seen a lot about the avenger side of Kurapika in York Shin arc.
    Instead, with this story we can learn new things about the character, and gain a better understanding of the kind of person he is, avenge aside.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Salce View Post
    We all wanted to read about the masacre, but I think that if the intention is to develop Kurapika as a character, this story is much more enriching.

I mean, we don't know the details about the masacre, but we can imagine what happened. And we have seen a lot about the avenger side of Kurapika in York Shin arc.
    Instead, with this story we can learn new things about the character, and gain a better understanding of the kind of person he is, avenge aside.
    Agreed ^

Still no download link or manga site with the English translations ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow what an amazing chapter. I think that it is better that he doesn't show the massacre.
    I mean we already know what happens, they all get killed and their eyes stolen.
    I think the more important thing was how Kurapika survived it and we see that here.
    Anyone else think that the leader thug looked like Fake Franky from ONe Piece? haha

But yeah the thing that I appreciate most about this short 2 part spin off is that it develops the world of HxH more (finally see Kurta) and revealed more of who Kurapika was. It's a sad contrast to see with his 'no hope' version who is fallen into the dark abyss. It's heartbreaking what this happy adventurous spirit kid has become.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this means Togashi is saving up the Massacre falshback for another arc?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dougbp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow what an amazing chapter. I think that it is better that he doesn't show the massacre.
    I mean we already know what happens, they all get killed and their eyes stolen.
    I think the more important thing was how Kurapika survived it and we see that here.
    Anyone else think that the leader thug looked like Fake Franky from ONe Piece? haha

But yeah the thing that I appreciate most about this short 2 part spin off is that it develops the world of HxH more (finally see Kurta) and revealed more of who Kurapika was. It's a sad contrast to see with his 'no hope' version who is fallen into the dark abyss. It's heartbreaking what this happy adventurous spirit kid has become.
    I disagree with you, futurefrog. Because the movie was creating some drama with the ex-number 4 case and the Kuruta Massacre. And since Togashi didn't show us the massacre, we could speculate that the Omokage (design and who knows whatever) are a creation made by Madhouse. Yeah, the movie could be a canon. But it couldn't be either. Specially with this things that were shown to us by this One-Shot. And we can say that this movie will crash a lot of the image of what happened since it was a non-linear story. I really want to see the massacre. Specially to know the meaning of that phrase that was translated like Kuruta has stolen something from someone and they couldn't accept. Togashi has to tell this story to us when the Manga come back.

PS: I don't know if this translation was reliable.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougbp View Post
    I disagree with you, futurefrog. Because the movie was creating some drama with the ex-number 4 case and the Kuruta Massacre. And since Togashi didn't show us the massacre, we could speculate that the Omokage (design and who knows whatever) are a creation made by Madhouse. Yeah, the movie could be a canon. But it couldn't be either. Specially with this things that were shown to us by this One-Shot. And we can say that this movie will crash a lot of the image of what happened since it was a non-linear story. I really want to see the massacre. Specially to know the meaning of that phrase that was translated like Kuruta has stolen something from someone and they couldn't accept. Togashi has to tell this story to us when the Manga come back.

PS: I don't know if this translation was reliable.
    Togashi confirmed that he wrote the story of the film over a decade ago. It is canon. it is an alternate retelling in which number 4 was never replaced by Hisoka.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Chinese translation.I much prefer this site
    http://www.ishuhui.com/thread-24028-1-1.html
    My thoughts on this chapter.
    Spoiler show

I thought the same too.:P

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Togashi confirmed that he wrote the story of the film over a decade ago. It is canon. it is an alternate retelling in which number 4 was never replaced by Hisoka.
    The way you're using the word canon for the FILM is paradoxical. When something is canon, it means it's "officially" part of the universe and the standard to go by NOT if the author wrote it. Togashi could have written 5 different versions of Yorknew but there's still a "canon" one. The one he went with for the manga is the "canon" Yorknew arc. Madhouse is adapting the manuscript of what Togashi SCRAPPED(Not official) for the Yorknew arc. Omokage as the previous number 4 is canon but the events in the movie are where it becomes not officially part of the HxH universe. Forgive me if this sounds condescending but I don't mean it like that

The only way there could be 2 canon Yorknew arcs as you say is if there was a mythology in the HxH universe similar two The Legend of Zelda games where there are different universes of the same people/places and there arguably hasn't been any evidence in the manga that is the case.

I think the oneshots are canon though because after reading them they haven't conflicted with any of the plots surrounding Kurapika and the canon Yorknew Arc
    Last edited by HybridBloodsZak; December 05, 2012 at 11:50 PM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

please send a link for the english translation anyone?

New Reply
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast