Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

Thing is that Ryodan doesn't usually sign that after doing something. Look at the Yorkshin auction. They did not left ANY message since that wasn't something related to Meteor City. When it's about Ryuseigai, they leave that message.

So there is something there more than just the lust for those eyes.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member sinsin's Avatar
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh..,My..,that was AWESOOOOME...!
    Kurapika was kick-ass,beating the shit out of those thugs,i love those panel.
    Oh men,the Ryodan was cruel and heartless,torturing even children.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kuroSaki_Ichi's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

When I first finished the first anime and most of the manga, I thought the Ryodan was pretty cool even though they were merciless...but they had interesting dynamics. However, after I finished reading the newest flashback, I actually really hated them from being too cruel. Although there might be speculation there might be something more with that note, but currently I can definitely say I like them a lot less. Kurapika has the right to be this determined and obsessed to kill the Spider because yeah....it's just too cruel even when I'm reading about it :/

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That ending broke my heart. I knew the clan was massacred, but still... In any case, I hope it's expanded on a little more in the series or the movie, the Ryodan and the possible link to Ryuseigai.

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I was looking forward for the massacre in this chapter... now I'm glad it wasn't shown. It was a good move (like Uriel said), though it leaves a lot to your imagination. That's CA-like cruelty right there.

Anyways, this is pumping me up for the movie. Just one more month... for Japanese viewers.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Uvo, Feitan and Phinks are the one who killed the majority of the Kuruta Clan Members.
    Genei Ryodan is really strong fighting red eyed-angry kuruta clan members by themselves.

Togashi is the Stanley Kubrick of the Manga World

The female who reported the massacre is the fairy?
    She went back?

I agree about the Ryuseigai Connection.
    Maybe Kurapika did something to Ryuseigai
    The news about the massacre was broadcasted 6 weeks later right?
    So maybe Kurapika went to Ryuseigai and then... Hmm...
    Last edited by FaustXIII; December 11, 2012 at 08:20 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner vansonbee's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aren't you guys all iffy about the woman, who reported the sighting of the Kura clan? I wonder if she was a random bystander and gossip about it OR a former Ryseigai member.

Is the book she lend, also a indirect cause? The book was important enough for the Spiders to come or it belong to them originally?

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a very good chapter. Even before the murder of Kurta clan, Kurapika still had mad anger issues. As soon as the one thug said that remark about Pairo he fucking lost it, and went ham on all three of their ass's xD

What really made this chapter for me was the finale page.... It might have just been a blank black page with text but It really got my imagination pumping lol. Just visualizing the genocide of the Kurta clan was fucking sickening. What really got to me though was the bit about the Phantom Troupe mercilessly beating the children right before the eyes of their parents so in return their parents scarlet eyes would then turn into an even more beautiful shade of red before lopping their heads off...

Well anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing the movie when It's eventually released on DVD/Blu-Ray....

Hopefully Togashi will be back soon to continue the actually story lol.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
    Aren't you guys all iffy about the woman, who reported the sighting of the Kura clan? I wonder if she was a random bystander and gossip about it OR a former Ryseigai member.

Is the book she lend, also a indirect cause? The book was important enough for the Spiders to come or it belong to them originally?
    I think the person who reported the sighting of the whole massacre was Sheila, the girl who Kurapika, and Pairo helped in the beginning of the previous chapter.
    Last edited by Netero; December 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Man listen the Ryodan don't give a mother FU((K. They're bandits they kill who ever they please kill whoever they want and do what they want when they want within certain calculations of avoiding the law primarily the HXH Association. The Genocide of the Kurta Clan is messed up seeming that they possessed Sharingan's in the HXH world( I joke I joke I kid I kid) But they were worth 100 of millions if not almost Billions..We know Feitan and Chrollo are pretty scary ass characters that have no regard for life and serve their own agenda's..I'm pretty sure they were the masterminds and maybe Phinx behind the slaughter.....BUt Yea Killua was already sorta unstable and had very bad anger issue when it came to his friend Pryo..But Even without this back story you can't blame Kurapicka for his oath and dedication the Ryodan deserve to die for they are the HxH menace of the world and cause nothing but trouble and seem to only be altruistic to their hometown or maybe orphanages.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds better in this way :

Spoiler show

But seriously, what the kurata clan/kurapika do to that people??
    Last edited by B'arzz; December 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else think that Sheila is highly connected to this all? It seems that Kurta supposedly took something from Meteor City, but what was it? The book?

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

few possibilities

1. shiela is a black list hunter. (she could be the one who stole something from ryodan and she manage to escape, after she fully recovered, she went back to the city and got captured by pakunoda, who reads out his memory and realize a bigger secret or even wanted to get back things that were stolen by her)

2. shiela is a ryodan member (she could be a ryodan member hurt by some of the kurta clans or on a mission to find the attacker from the kurta clan. it seems very weird that her injury kept re occurring as if she wanted to stay there longer to get information and suddenly left with only a note)

3. sheila is a part of an ability by one of the ryodan members (maybe the ex.no 4 ability which can be relate to the reason of why the movie will be shown later)

4. is the book the same thing as the thing that kuroro holds in one of the flashback when kuroro was young?

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Captain Sicarius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

How the heck did Sheila found they were kurata? this makes no sense... And she needs to die now too along with the GR

Come Togashi you just gave us 10 more things to "worry" about on a manga that goes on hiatus for months each year... Does Kurapika knows that's that beyatch did this? He saw the news obviously so he probably do but he don't have anything against her?

see, wth Togashi don't do that to us.
    Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that phrase comes from the whole meteor city's way of life. Sheila must of stole that book from them that's why she was hurt. I guess there was ren or something on it or some tracking technique on it. They might have been attacked for the book but didn't know where it was. I don't recall did Sheila take it back? Or did Kurapika still have it?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kazna's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the coming movie will reveal the mystery behind that message. This oneshot is linked with the movie anyway.

Regarding Shiela, someone guesses she's a blacklist hunter but it's not certain whether she was a hunter by then. She said in the letter she wanted to see them in the outside world some day and hoped to be a hunter by that time. And I don't think she managed to acquire a hunter license after 6 or 7 weeks.

Btw, if Togashi is to show Kurapika beheading the Ryodan one by one I'll be happy to see that

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast