Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 266

Thread: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

  1. #226
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    The policy of Meteor City is basically an eye for an eye. In the example we have we saw that they killed everyone that was involved in the mistrial. But they didn't kill say, the family of the guys who were involved in the mistrial. It's clear that this revenge is limited to those who are directly involved in whatever wrong they may have perceived.

    It is literally impossible for the entire Kurata tribe to have something to do with Meteor City by the fact that most people never even left the forest.

    The only explanation would be that the Spiders are making a name for themselves and Meteor City, because it is impossible for the entire Kurata tribe to be directly involved in some kind of bad blood with Meteor City no matter what crazy explanation you can come up with.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #227
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    390
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    The policy of Meteor City is basically an eye for an eye. In the example we have we saw that they killed everyone that was involved in the mistrial. But they didn't kill say, the family of the guys who were involved in the mistrial. It's clear that this revenge is limited to those who are directly involved in whatever wrong they may have perceived.

    It is literally impossible for the entire Kurata tribe to have something to do with Meteor City by the fact that most people never even left the forest.

    The only explanation would be that the Spiders are making a name for themselves and Meteor City, because it is impossible for the entire Kurata tribe to be directly involved in some kind of bad blood with Meteor City no matter what crazy explanation you can come up with.
    Uhhh... remember people think they had two goals - 1. is the one we don't know yet but THINK it has to do with some of the Kurtas taking something from them and the 2nd. is taking their eyes for the black market, so yeah.... they all still die no matter what.

  4. #228
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    Uhhh... remember people think they had two goals - 1. is the one we don't know yet but THINK it has to do with some of the Kurtas taking something from them and the 2nd. is taking their eyes for the black market, so yeah.... they all still die no matter what.
    Whatever the Kurta tribe did is absolutely irrelevent because it CANNOT be the case that everyone is involved in whatever past incident there is. The guys who were killed in the mistrial are all involved to the mistrial itself. There is no way every member of the Kurta tribe could've been involved based on their lack of contact with the other world. Note that when the Meteor City carried out their revenge on the mistrial they lost an equal number of people as they killed with the suicide bombers and I doubt it's a lack of ability, but rather it's just their way of doing things: an eye for an eye.

    I suppose you can say the Kurta tribe could've slaughtered Meteor City residents by the truckloads in the past which is why the revenge extends to the entire tribe, but in the case the whole revenge thing between the two is kind of silly to begin with as both sides are equally bad. Actually that's not implausible though it'd mean all this conflict and revenge basically boils down to just which side had the biggest guns. Maybe that's the point. If there are say 5 other guys as talented as Kurapika that survived, the Spiders would already be all dead and I'd guess anyone who has anything to do with the Scarlet Eyes would be all dead too and that wouldn't be any more justified than the initial massacre.

  5. #229
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Maybe their existence is something that relates Ryuseigai. Who knows. I think there is more than just stealing the eyes, now. That message made it clear for me: There is a connection more deep than the eye meets (LOL, no pun intended)
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  6. #230
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Was fairly disappointed actually. The whole thing seemed rather meaningless and the backstory and the massacre as it relates to Kurapica is terribly mundane. Plus, it answered nothing and instead raised a couple of questions.

    One possible thing to conclude though is that the Spiders weren't responsible for the death of Kurapica's tribesmen. It is terribly unlike them to leave messages, particularly messages relating to Meteor City (as shown in the York Shin Arc, the Spiders aren't affiliated with Meteor City at all). Possibly the Spiders killed off some other tribesmen that split off from Kurapica's group in the past.

    Also liked the way Togashi tried to justify Kurapica's power level in York Shin. Well now you have it folks - Emperor Time gives the wielder a power-up in physical attributes, not just Nen.

  7. #231
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kazna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dora Wonderland
    Country
    Vietnam
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    One possible thing to conclude though is that the Spiders weren't responsible for the death of Kurapica's tribesmen. It is terribly unlike them to leave messages, particularly messages relating to Meteor City (as shown in the York Shin Arc, the Spiders aren't affiliated with Meteor City at all). Possibly the Spiders killed off some other tribesmen that split off from Kurapica's group in the past.
    This:
    Spoiler show


    Ubo admitted they were the ones killing off the tribe. Note that the third bubble on the first panel should read "The boss liked those eyes very much".

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Also liked the way Togashi tried to justify Kurapica's power level in York Shin. Well now you have it folks - Emperor Time gives the wielder a power-up in physical attributes, not just Nen.
    Agreed.



  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #232
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Eh, let's say that some random Kurta tribes guy went to Meteor City, stole the launch codes for the Rose, causing millions of Meteor City residents to die, so now the Spiders came back for revenge and hence the message. But what exactly is the point of all this? Are we supposed to say 'yeah those Kurta guys deserve to die and Kurapika's an idiot for seeking revenge?' No, it really doesn't change anything regardless of what may have happened before the Kurta and Meteor City in the past. That's why I find the whole message to be rather pointless, not to mention grossly out of place with the characterization of Meteor City.

    ---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Was fairly disappointed actually. The whole thing seemed rather meaningless and the backstory and the massacre as it relates to Kurapica is terribly mundane. Plus, it answered nothing and instead raised a couple of questions.

    One possible thing to conclude though is that the Spiders weren't responsible for the death of Kurapica's tribesmen. It is terribly unlike them to leave messages, particularly messages relating to Meteor City (as shown in the York Shin Arc, the Spiders aren't affiliated with Meteor City at all). Possibly the Spiders killed off some other tribesmen that split off from Kurapica's group in the past.

    Also liked the way Togashi tried to justify Kurapica's power level in York Shin. Well now you have it folks - Emperor Time gives the wielder a power-up in physical attributes, not just Nen.
    Actually the Spiders are affiliated with Meteor City (they came to help when Meteor City can't handle the Ants), but they are not openly affiliated with Meteor City because their violent ways contradicts the philosophy of Meteor City. Meteor City, after all, is pretty much 'if you don't mess with us we won't mess with you', which pretty much has nothing in common with how the Spiders operate.

    That's why it's really weird to see the message given the Spiders seems to go out of their way to make sure they're not easily affiliated with Meteor City (the Mafia didn't think about them being affiliated with Meteor City until they can't find their existence).

  10. #233
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    I think you're missing some stuff here, Phan. First, they don't say "Kurapika's an idiot for seeking revenge" even in the most ridiculous scenario. They're pretty much extreme people. If we read the chapter when they first said so, you'll notice that it's a pattern when something gets stolen.

    Even if we think that Kuruta are completely innocent, we don't know what happened in the lapse of those 6 months. Togashi isn't stupid, He wouldn't place that message (The final one, the cliffhanger, the plot point) just because. You may perceive as gross, but it's actually because you're reducing a lot of stuff on solely what we know. And we know little.

    ---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

    BTW Spiders are mostly from Meteor City. It was stated. Even Hisoka said that they sometimes do philanthropic works.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  11. #234
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,066
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Commenting a bit late the second part of the Oneshot.
    The chapter was good and I admitted that the last pages made my blood freeze.
    The Genei Ryodan sure done a nice job back then; I wonder if the movie will reveal the true meaning of that message.

  12. #235
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    What deeper meaning could possibly be there? The best you can argue is 'maybe there was a good reason for the Spiders to kill the Kurta'. Sure maybe the Kurta were about to launch a Rose at Meteor City, or they were spies working for the Ants and killing them saved humanity from certain extinction. But in the end, none of that even matters when you're talking about Kurapika. It's not like he's going to say, "OMG my tribe was a bunch of lunatics working for Ants, I've been wrong all this time! I should thank the Spiders!" even if this totally impossible spin to put the Spiders in a positive light was true.

    And if there's some other party involved that's even more pointless and again it's irrelevent relative to Kurapika who could not possibly know about other party's existence, nor would he care about their involvement even if he did (other than perhaps adding more people to his hit list).

  13. #236
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member souhail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kakin,
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    i really hated every single one of them now........ i wish there will be a massacre of the spiders too in future events

  14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #237
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kazna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dora Wonderland
    Country
    Vietnam
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Quote Originally Posted by souhail View Post
    i really hated every single one of them now........ i wish there will be a massacre of the spiders too in future events
    That'd be HUGE news LOL! But Togashi already showed us the massacre of the Spiders!!!

    Spoiler show



  16. #238
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Malaysia
    Posts
    567
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Found this.

  17. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #239
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Palau
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,018
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Quote Originally Posted by FKM View Post
    It sounds better in this way :

    Spoiler show



    But seriously, what the kurata clan/kurapika do to that people??
    From what chapter is this?

  19. #240
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member sinsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    DarkContinent,Outside World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazna View Post
    That'd be HUGE news LOL! But Togashi already showed us the massacre of the Spiders!!!

    Spoiler show
    Quote Originally Posted by X3D2YFaust View Post
    From what chapter is this?

    LOOOL,., those were not the real genei ryodan...

New Reply
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts