Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

Hopefully this one will be just as cool as the Hiei-Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho, or even better!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Raad's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in a conflictual state where I don't know exactly whether I should be glad for the few chapters we're getting or sad about the possibility of an immediate and long hiatus after this. Well either way I guess I'll just try to enjoy this mini arc as much as possible and hope for the best!...

No seriously Togashi, just don't.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bambinarubata's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Raad .. I feel exactly like you ...
    keep our fingers crossed.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

oh, togashi. i guess the unknown world system is not yet finished, eh?
    can't wait to know the kuruta backstory. although this oneshot is more to do with the movie promotion, i think it is possible that the kurutas have a connection w/ the unknown world... you know, just to tie-in with this oneshot with the main story
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168866_1.gif

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog
    Togashi is not obliged to even continue this manga if he doesnt want to, so be happy he does at all. We aren't entitled to it, Togashi is doing us a service and still making manga, at his age and with his wealth he has no reason to, but he does anyways, for us. So lets just be happy with what we are given when we get it. He will get around to the main story soon enough, lets be thankful that this isn't Berserk level hiatus.
    Or X/1999 level hiatus. Still waiting for new chapters after 2002...

I'm happy he's writing again, and like others, I hope this also gives him some fuel to continue with the main story.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Togashi is not obliged to even continue this manga if he doesnt want to, so be happy he does at all. We aren't entitled to it, Togashi is doing us a service and still making manga, at his age and with his wealth he has no reason to, but he does anyways, for us. So lets just be happy with what we are given when we get it. He will get around to the main story soon enough, lets be thankful that this isn't Berserk level hiatus.
    Well, Togashi isn't obliged to his fans to finish the manga, and most likely he could stop if he wanted to, but Jump is a business, and one that has treated him with respect and seems to give him time, that lots of other mangaka don't seem to get (yes, I know it makes jump alot of money), so I just think Togashi should finish his manga, at least to respect for the people that employ him, even if he takes a chapter or 2 to wrap it up, (he doesn't have too, but I think it might cause a problem with jump.)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that'd make Togashi stop slacking is if Shonen Jump threaten to cut him, and even then I doubt he really cares unless he's terribly bad at managing money, though since Shonen Jump gives you like a grace period of something like 20 weeks he'd be forced to at least wrap things up unless he wants Hunter to literally end in the middle of nowhere.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Given that his wife also works as mangaka, I doubt He ever does that.

Anyway, I'm excited.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    The only thing that'd make Togashi stop slacking is if Shonen Jump threaten to cut him, and even then I doubt he really cares unless he's terribly bad at managing money, though since Shonen Jump gives you like a grace period of something like 20 weeks he'd be forced to at least wrap things up unless he wants Hunter to literally end in the middle of nowhere.
    If Shueisha ever threatened to cut Togashi, which they wouldn't, he would just leave. He had no qualm leaving during the YuYu Hakusho fiasco. Togashi is a very smart man and has earned respect in the business for his no bullshit personality. He doesn't take crap, he does what he wants, when he wants and noone can tell him otherwise. Togashi once said after YuYu Hakusho he would never make another manga again. Shueisha begged him to come back following the success of YuYu Hakusho and he obliged. The simple fact of the matter is that Shueisha needs Togashi more than he needs them. They know that any time a manga with his name is in their magazine that it means money. Togashi has no need for money as both him and his wife can live off royalties for the rest of their lives. I don't see where you got this idea he is bad at money managing, the dude is rich and will not stop being rich.

So why does Togashi take breaks? Simple, because he can. He left YuYu Hakusho at the height of it's popularity, noone had ever stood up to Jump in such a way before. He was sick and tired of their crap and he was the only one with enough balls to stand up for himself when he felt he was being wronged. Togashi came back to Jump under the condition he works his own schedule, they allow it because they need him.

Hunter x Hunter will never be cancelled and Togashi will most likely continue it until he is knocking on deaths door. Manga is his life's work. He may be one of the more eccentric mangaka out there, but I sure as fuck respect him for being a man. I admire people who stand by what they believe and Togashi is a man that has always lived life that way.

I don't mind him taking breaks because I know that I'd be doing the same in his position. He is nearing 50 and has never been in the most healthy state. I'd rather he take breaks each year then work himself to death and we get a hiatus forever. Togashi can keep going at the pace he is doing, I'm happy with it.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

11. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BlackListHunter's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

If Shueisha ever threatened to cut Togashi, which they wouldn't, he would just leave. He had no qualm leaving during the YuYu Hakusho fiasco. Togashi is a very smart man and has earned respect in the business for his no bullshit personality. He doesn't take crap, he does what he wants, when he wants and noone can tell him otherwise. Togashi once said after YuYu Hakusho he would never make another manga again. Shueisha begged him to come back following the success of YuYu Hakusho and he obliged. The simple fact of the matter is that Shueisha needs Togashi more than he needs them. They know that any time a manga with his name is in their magazine that it means money. Togashi has no need for money as both him and his wife can live off royalties for the rest of their lives. I don't see where you got this idea he is bad at money managing, the dude is rich and will not stop being rich.

So why does Togashi take breaks? Simple, because he can. He left YuYu Hakusho at the height of it's popularity, noone had ever stood up to Jump in such a way before. He was sick and tired of their crap and he was the only one with enough balls to stand up for himself when he felt he was being wronged. Togashi came back to Jump under the condition he works his own schedule, they allow it because they need him.

Hunter x Hunter will never be cancelled and Togashi will most likely continue it until he is knocking on deaths door. Manga is his life's work. He may be one of the more eccentric mangaka out there, but I sure as fuck respect him for being a man. I admire people who stand by what they believe and Togashi is a man that has always lived life that way.

I don't mind him taking breaks because I know that I'd be doing the same in his position. He is nearing 50 and has never been in the most healthy state. I'd rather he take breaks each year then work himself to death and we get a hiatus forever. Togashi can keep going at the pace he is doing, I'm happy with it.
    Where did you get all this info?

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackListHunter View Post
    Where did you get all this info?
    From back when I had far too much time on my hands and would obsess over mangakas and learn as much about them as possible. A lot of research, it's all easy stuff to find, more so if you know some Japanese.

Anyways just letting you all know I'll be posting a bit less over the next few weeks as work it very busy what with holidays and all.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ehh for the sake of all his fans who supported and bought the volumes, he kinda does need to at least give the series a ending if he wants to stop.....he's a wealthy man, but if no one liked his manga that wouldn't be the case. There is a bit of an obligation there. It'd also be a dick move to just flat out end it, especially when the anime rebooted a year ago.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Ehh for the sake of all his fans who supported and bought the volumes, he kinda does need to at least give the series a ending if he wants to stop.....he's a wealthy man, but if no one liked his manga that wouldn't be the case. There is a bit of an obligation there. It'd also be a dick move to just flat out end it, especially when the anime rebooted a year ago.
    If he wanted to stop it he would have done so years ago. He clearly enjoys making the manga but at his age, health and family situation it's best he pace himself. I have no issues with it. Togashi isn't like the other mangaka in Jump. He will continue making the manga probably for the rest of his life.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just glad this is about Kurapika and not some random HxH sequel that advertently has nothing to do with HxH at all.

Plus this shows that the new movie has inspired Togashi in some way and that he truly is enjoying watching his series get adapted a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Tell that to Hitman Reborn. Long-running popular shounen series can end in the middle of nowhere because the author or publishing company feels like it.

Togashi's a lazy guy. But I still respect him and other authors like Oda who continue writing manga because they love doing it and don't stop just because they don't need it anymore.
    Last edited by Riruru; November 25, 2012 at 02:34 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm... not really as excited for this as I should. I mean, of course it's great, more HxH is ALWAYS better.

But it means we'll have to wait even LONGER for the continuation of the manga. What worries me isn't (necessarily) Togashi losing interest. The problems are: A zombie apocalypse could happen this year. Another type of apocalypse could happen this year. Togashi could get mentally ill. Where I live could get nuked. Where Togashi lives could get nuked. I could die. TOGASHI could die. I could go on forever...

In short, the longer I go on with less HxH, my face gets progressively more like this:

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast