Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 266

Thread: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

  1. #241
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Quote Originally Posted by X3D2YFaust View Post
    From what chapter is this?

    102: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/20731/h...02_by_no-group


  2. #242
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member world is wide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Cryptic message but am guessing that it doesn't translate well. Guessing it means more like "We take and do not give".

    Some type of criminal philosophy. In that vein their rare philanthropic acts aren't about giving back but carefully calculated so that people like Gin don't judge so much a karmic negative as to be worth destroying

  3. #243
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Quote Originally Posted by world is wide View Post
    Cryptic message but am guessing that it doesn't translate well. Guessing it means more like "We take and do not give".

    Some type of criminal philosophy. In that vein their rare philanthropic acts aren't about giving back but carefully calculated so that people like Gin don't judge so much a karmic negative as to be worth destroying
    Um no that's the philsophy of Meteor City. They do not reject anything so they don't want anything to be taken from them. Namely, they're pretty much completely neutral, which pretty much has nothing to do with how the Spiders operate as a group of people.

  4. #244
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ContractHunterMEMO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    Mexico
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    I really don't think the Ryodan left that message because the Kuruta "took" something from them, but rather wanted to reassure the world that they will retaliate if anyone insults their philosophy by not following it. Then again, if the residents of Meteor City are really completely neutral, why launch an offensive on a secluded, peaceful clan that is essentially isolated from the rest of the world? I know the Spiders are bandits and they'll take what they want, but I remember reading somewhere in the manga that they won't bother people that don't get in their way. Either we're missing something that Togashi may later elaborate on or Chrollo REALLY liked those eyes enough to slaughter seemingly innocent people.

  5. #245
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,483
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Exactly! How come Spiders left the message if the Kurata clan didn't take anything back from them? I think we are missing something.
    But what keeps getting on my mind is the initial story with the wannabe-hunter girl. Was that just motivation or is it somewhat more important?
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #246
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Café Alpha
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,625
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Exactly! How come Spiders left the message if the Kurata clan didn't take anything back from them? I think we are missing something.
    But what keeps getting on my mind is the initial story with the wannabe-hunter girl. Was that just motivation or is it somewhat more important?
    If she wasn't important they could've just as well found a book. Same thing. Togashi is up to something with that girl.

  8. #247
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Maybe She's the girl who will end being Bunny? :O
    Ok, no.

    But I also think there is a deeper meaning into the book and that girl.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  9. #248
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,483
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Actually, my first thought about this girl was "we've seen her already in the main story". No idea why
    People were worrying about the short story meaning the main story's hiatus taking longer, but never mind that, even a spinoff from Togashi is worth it.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  10. #249
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Quote Originally Posted by ContractHunterMEMO View Post
    I really don't think the Ryodan left that message because the Kuruta "took" something from them, but rather wanted to reassure the world that they will retaliate if anyone insults their philosophy by not following it. Then again, if the residents of Meteor City are really completely neutral, why launch an offensive on a secluded, peaceful clan that is essentially isolated from the rest of the world? I know the Spiders are bandits and they'll take what they want, but I remember reading somewhere in the manga that they won't bother people that don't get in their way. Either we're missing something that Togashi may later elaborate on or Chrollo REALLY liked those eyes enough to slaughter seemingly innocent people.
    It wouldn't be inconsistent at all. The Spiders are known for killing innocent people - they're just portrayed in a decent light because so far they've been killing the bad guys. But these guys casually innocents like nothing, for example, that security guard in the convenience store that Uvo et al. killed. What for? Because they like the idea of robbery. The Spiders could have EASILY paid for a dozen can of beers but went for murder instead. And good ole' Feitan and Sphinx in G.I.

  11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #250
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,483
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    It wouldn't be inconsistent at all. The Spiders are known for killing innocent people - they're just portrayed in a decent light because so far they've been killing the bad guys. But these guys casually innocents like nothing, for example, that security guard in the convenience store that Uvo et al. killed. What for? Because they like the idea of robbery. The Spiders could have EASILY paid for a dozen can of beers but went for murder instead. And good ole' Feitan and Sphinx in G.I.
    It's not the killing itself. It's the message. The only time the catchphrase of Meteor City appeared, it had the meaning which I'd expect it to have now as well.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  13. #251
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    The Spiders goes out of their way to avoid being identified with Meteor City (it's clearly not something you'd know without a thorough investigation) because their philosophy is clearly at odds with the apparent neutrality of Meteor City. There's obviously nothing neutral about the way the Spiders operate as a a group of people.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #252
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    The Scarlet Eyes power-up was always implied to me, the only difference is that it was explicitly stated now. Kurapika's attack on Majitani clearly wasn't something that he could (or even would) usually do, and it was also implied that he held back as not to kill him. It was just always one of those things that we took for granted, to me.

  16. #253
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,483
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    The Spiders goes out of their way to avoid being identified with Meteor City (it's clearly not something you'd know without a thorough investigation) because their philosophy is clearly at odds with the apparent neutrality of Meteor City. There's obviously nothing neutral about the way the Spiders operate as a a group of people.
    Their philosophy spawns from that of Meteor City... it's just that they don't just accept everything they're given, but also what they're not given
    I think that rather than especially avoiding being linked with MC, they're covering up traces of themselves, so that it'd be easier to operate within the shadows, which brings them the "phantom" name.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #254
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    It's not the killing itself. It's the message. The only time the catchphrase of Meteor City appeared, it had the meaning which I'd expect it to have now as well.
    I was referring only to the bit about them "not bothering people who don't get in their way". I personally think the message wasn't left behind by the Spiders at all. I don't think highly individualistic guys like the Spiders would do dirty work for people that requires leaving behind something of such a personal nature. Killing i'm sure they're fine with. Besides, the Meteor City folk like using kamikaze attacks against people that have wronged them in some way.

  19. #255
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ContractHunterMEMO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    Mexico
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter to return to Jump! (for short story)

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    I was referring only to the bit about them "not bothering people who don't get in their way". I personally think the message wasn't left behind by the Spiders at all. I don't think highly individualistic guys like the Spiders would do dirty work for people that requires leaving behind something of such a personal nature. Killing i'm sure they're fine with. Besides, the Meteor City folk like using kamikaze attacks against people that have wronged them in some way.
    Well I'm more particularly bothered by the purpose of leaving the message in the first place. This massacre came from the same people that claim to occasionally do philosophical work; it just seems out of place that needs more explanation. They do kill innocent people, it's just that I think the troupe has an ulterior motive besides the scarlet eyes. Like someone else said, that girl Kurapika and Pyro found is probably someone we already know in the story line, and may be important later on.

New Reply
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts