Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 37.50%
  • No

10 62.50%
  • Not Sure

0 0%
New Reply
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Combined they are stronger than the Gotei 13 Captains and VC and the rest of Fodder...Shunsui's own words. That means including Yamamoto, however he could have very well gone to serve as a Royal Guard but there was nobody to replace him. So I believe all aren't stronger than him they would have to be around the same level and just maybe 1 or 2 or maybe evennnn 3 of them are stronger than Yamamoto is.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    I don't think he meant 5 Shunsui or 5 Ukitake but rather 5 times the power of either.
    The post he quoted was talking about combined powers, so, I thought he also meant that, but that's not a big deal.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I meant 5 times Kyoraku (like clones). xd Not someone with 5x Kyoraku's power, because that someone would be like... god.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    I meant 5 times Kyoraku (like clones). xd Not someone with 5x Kyoraku's power, because that someone would be like... god.
    I don't know if 5x Kyo is stronger than Yama (haven't seen Bankai) because Yama just need to go Bankai and laugh, Kyo can't penetrate his 15m degree shield no mater how many of him there is. However, If a RG has like triple the reiatsu of Kyo, then there's a good chance that he/she can penetrate the 15m degree shield.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    I don't know if 5x Kyo is stronger than Yama (haven't seen Bankai) because Yama just need to go Bankai and laugh, Kyo can't penetrate his 15m degree shield no mater how many of him there is. However, If a RG has like triple the reiatsu of Kyo, then there's a good chance that he/she can penetrate the 15m degree shield.
    It's tough to call it either way. The 15m degree shield looks like the ultimate defense, so, there is also a good chance that it's completely impenetrable, because Captain-Commander definitely sounded sure that Bach wasn't going to be able to get past it and he knew how powerful Bach was.
    Sure, Royd was just an imitation, but he was strong enough to take a direct hit from RJ and not get injured severely. Yet, when he attacked, his sword wasn't even incinerated. It was as if it vanished at an instant. I don't know if any attack can harm that.

Maybe this was the reason Bach put his fake into the battlefield first. He wanted to observe Zanka no Tachi's power without actually being forced to fight it because it would be way too dangerous to do so.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    It's tough to call it either way. The 15m degree shield looks like the ultimate defense, so, there is also a good chance that it's completely impenetrable, because Captain-Commander definitely sounded sure that Bach wasn't going to be able to get past it and he knew how powerful Bach was.

Yamaji was taking damage from this temperature as well. Kyoraku can play his game with colours and say "white" and Yamaji is... doomed. We still don't know Kyoraku's bankai, that is said to be able to take down Shinigami Aizen.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamaji was taking damage from this temperature as well. Kyoraku can play his game with colours and say "white" and Yamaji is... doomed. We still don't know Kyoraku's bankai, that is said to be able to take down Shinigami Aizen.
    I doubt it's that easy XD We'll just have to wait for his Bankai. To penetrate the defense, I believe there are 3 ways. First: Huge ammount of reiatsu concentrated into the attack, if the attacker has more reiatsu than Yama, the defense will be penetrated. Second: the attack has to be so fast that the flames can't harm it, more like light speed (I'm sucks at physics XD). Third: a non physical attack, like Tousen's shikai or Mayuri's poison.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    I doubt it's that easy XD We'll just have to wait for his Bankai. To penetrate the defense, I believe there are 3 ways. First: Huge ammount of reiatsu concentrated into the attack, if the attacker has more reiatsu than Yama, the defense will be penetrated. Second: the attack has to be so fast that the flames can't harm it, more like light speed (I'm sucks at physics XD). Third: a non physical attack, like Tousen's shikai or Mayuri's poison.
    It looks like the first option requires transcendence and the second one requires an attack like Gin's bankai.
    Mayuri's attack would be kind of a trickery, so, we may leave it out from the discussion of penetrating the defense : )
    But at any rate, it's never going to be easy one way or another for any character.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

surely not! yama is the strongest shinigami! those 5 are just much stronger than the others captains,that's why the 5 of them can defeat yama and the other 12 captains...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

According to Kyoraku, RG's strength is equivalent to gotei 13 and they are just five which means each one of them(RG) are 20% strong. While the Gotei 13 is like this, Yama-Jii = 70% and the 30% left is divided among the other 12 Captains and Division squads...

Which means Yama-jii is really2 Strong...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Strongest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In all likely hood none of them are individually stronger than Yama, but two or three of them are strong enough to beat him.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

good point..shunsui's shikai can amplify damage and even yamaji can get seriously wounded...he just needs to get in the area affected by katen kyokutsus spiritual pressure...this can work on aizen's KS too...sometimes i think the only reason pre hougyoku aizen won was coz he cheated...otherwise some people like shunsui and other senior captains could have taken him down 1 vs 1...one fo the reaons shunsui went down against aizen was coz of hitsugaya stupidity and maybe coz they wre in real world and shunsui could not go full all out like yamaji...

personally i think yamaji is definitely not weaker than squad 0 individual members...but depending on abilities one can counter him
    there are other people who can counter yamaji too...like syazel aporro ...he studied renjis reiatsu and made it so that it wont hurt him...if he could do it with yamaji he can withstand him... as his flames are his reiatsu in the end...

Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    According to Kyoraku, RG's strength is equivalent to gotei 13 and they are just five which means each one of them(RG) are 20% strong. While the Gotei 13 is like this, Yama-Jii = 70% and the 30% left is divided among the other 12 Captains and Division squads...

Which means Yama-jii is really2 Strong...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Strongest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    counting him as 70% is going too far imo...and during the ss invasion arc shunsui and ukitake were able to withstand yamaji shikai together...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post

If one had to quantify members of the Gotei 13 as percentages of overall power, likely as a factor of skill and reiatsu, I'd put Yama at about 30%. The senior captains (Unohana, Shunsui, Ukitake) would account for about 40-45%, and the remaining captains would be responsible for the remaining 25-30%. These would be approximations, and of course wouldn't indicate battle outcomes because of the differences in style and abilities between the captains.

Edit: I was just thinking that the Vizard captains would probably make up about half of the 25%.
    Last edited by Impossibility; November 26, 2012 at 08:53 AM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    If one had to quantify members of the Gotei 13 as percentages of overall power, likely as a factor of I'd put Yama at about 30%. The senior captains (Unohana, Shunsui, Ukitake) would account for about 40-45% each, and the remaining captains would be responsible for the remaining 25-30%. These would be approximations, and of course wouldn't indicate battle outcomes because of the differences in style and abilities between the captains.
    I agree with you. Two senior captains (or maybe three) would be able to hold their own. Sure, Captain-Commander's Bankai was at an amazing level, but we haven't seen Unohana, Kyouraku and Ukitake's Bankai yet.
    That would leave 70% of power present in Gotei 13 and if Kyouraku meant that their power was equal to Gotei 13 without Captain-Commander and all the Royal Guards were on par, that would give them a power of around 15%, presumably close to a senior captain-level, and in all likelihood, above it.

So, Kyouraku got it right. In Gotei 13, there are three senior captains. All Royal Guards are senior captain-level or above. That would be sensible.
    If Captain-Commander was included in that estimation, they will be approximately twice as powerful as a senior captain, indicating that their power is really formidable without going over Captain-Commander.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I have thought about this quite a bit and while it might cause me to get some heat here on the forums I am going to say:
    YES- The royal guards are stronger than the 13 divisions of which CC was a part.

as to the nitty gritty break down- each warrior has an ideal and non ideal opponent- in a fight between a long range attacker and a melee fighter- if they long range can keep the melee fighter at distance he has an advantage and vice versa-
    But I think the question is simply power level or total capacity for uberness.

and in that regard- I would say that CC was strong enough to be a royal division member but was not for whatever reasons-
    and since CC could have defeated any of the gotei 13 captains that seems fitting.

I suspect that each of the zero division have equally awesome bankai and possibly other extreeme powers that place them well above normal captains.

as for group strength- I would say that since we will not see CC fight any of the members one on one- it is nearly impossible to predict a one on one outcome.
    so as a group- the zero division is stronger than CC- I would say 2-3 of them- any of them- could have taken out CC if they had to.using traditional means of fighting- Zero div, may have other means of battle we are not yet aware of so..

and if it takes 3 of them (conservatively speaking) to take out CC, then the remaining 2 of them should be able to take out the remaining captains. and I think that pretty much sums it up. yes they are strong, yes they have ancient knowledge, yhea they are uber badass. and since CC is dead, we will never get to see them fight CC- HOWEVER-- We might get to see them battle CC's Bankai!!! so that might be awesome in itself!!!

New Reply
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast