Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 37.50%
  • No

10 62.50%
  • Not Sure

0 0%
New Reply
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Don Davido's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

SS foot soldiers weak as hell, but VR soldiers looked strong compared to them. A massive difference between them. I would dare to say they can withstand the seats, even weaker Vice-Captains.. at least as grp for sure. I don't know , Kubo always drawed SS soldiers to be trashes.. sry to say this.. However there is no point to use them , they are only OK vs low-lvl hollows and keep the order between the souls in SS...

Even Sasakibe were wasted.. Died like a mere VC.. against a weak Sternritter WTF..
    Yeah you should calculated him too , he were nearly strong as Yama.. His power should been bigger than the old captains , he were older too. They fought a tie back then with Yama and wounded him,pierced thought his Sun armor. And back then a lolweak Ichigo trolled him ... I'm 100% sure if Kubo would followed his own logic what he lost after the years.. Sasakibe should beaten Ichigo back then and that Sternritter could NOT steal his bankai or sooo Sasa could handle him with swordplay and kido or if we think a little that Stern would been a swing....

For Yamas strenght JH were needed( ok Yama wanted to die... who the fck attacks with bankai and not swordplay when he knows his power can be stolen..) so, for Sasa atleast would been needed JH's right hand man.. Looks to me Kubo got the idea when he were with his b.tch.s and drunk .... and used it all of sudden..

Sasa + Yama could wipe out the Espadas at the Fake KT arc ( with Bleach logic..)... 2 powerful element bankai... Fire and Lighting.. But as I said.. this is Bleach.. So calculating Yama is weaker or stronger to RG is pointless.. My answer is yes.. Back then even the mere captains were beats.. and this changed.. when time went..

I just think Kubo don't know what he wants.. And making epic plotfails... Yea sadly this is what fails in Bleach.. Would been a perfect manga.. Kubo just reusing the characters in this arc and give them new purpose ,but without strong explanation.
    Last edited by Don Davido; November 28, 2012 at 03:01 PM.
    "Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings." -Salvador Dali

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member WEERG's Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

HAHAAHAHA F**k no he would probrably mop the floor with them one by one but all 4 would probrably beat him together or maybe not

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I will say Yama is atleast 50% of the fire power that holds SS.
    His power was strong enough to destroy the entire SS .

I feel many underestimate his power here.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Don Davido View Post
    SS foot soldiers weak as hell, but VR soldiers looked strong compared to them. A massive difference between them. I would dare to say they can withstand the seats, even weaker Vice-Captains.. at least as grp for sure. I don't know , Kubo always drawed SS soldiers to be trashes.. sry to say this.. However there is no point to use them , they are only OK vs low-lvl hollows and keep the order between the souls in SS...

Even Sasakibe were wasted.. Died like a mere VC.. against a weak Sternritter WTF..
    Yeah you should calculated him too , he were nearly strong as Yama.. His power should been bigger than the old captains , he were older too. They fought a tie back then with Yama and wounded him,pierced thought his Sun armor. And back then a lolweak Ichigo trolled him ... I'm 100% sure if Kubo would followed his own logic what he lost after the years.. Sasakibe should beaten Ichigo back then and that Sternritter could NOT steal his bankai or sooo Sasa could handle him with swordplay and kido or if we think a little that Stern would been a swing....

For Yamas strenght JH were needed( ok Yama wanted to die... who the fck attacks with bankai and not swordplay when he knows his power can be stolen..) so, for Sasa atleast would been needed JH's right hand man.. Looks to me Kubo got the idea when he were with his b.tch.s and drunk .... and used it all of sudden..

Sasa + Yama could wipe out the Espadas at the Fake KT arc ( with Bleach logic..)... 2 powerful element bankai... Fire and Lighting.. But as I said.. this is Bleach.. So calculating Yama is weaker or stronger to RG is pointless.. My answer is yes.. Back then even the mere captains were beats.. and this changed.. when time went..

I just think Kubo don't know what he wants.. And making epic plotfails... Yea sadly this is what fails in Bleach.. Would been a perfect manga.. Kubo just reusing the characters in this arc and give them new purpose ,but without strong explanation.
    Ichigo was not weak back then (only after).
    Sure Sasakibe did a scatch to Yama but that was a much Young Yama (thus weaker).
    Sasakibe had no business underestimating a guy that stopped sokyoku. None!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

When was Yama at his strongest? when he was Bad (according to Buckbeard: Demon with a sword) right? WHich means no one could beat him back then.. If you are calculating the power when he is old now, that can be a problem. But still, Yama-jii comprises 60-70% of SS strength..

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    When was Yama at his strongest? when he was Bad (according to Buckbeard: Demon with a sword) right? WHich means no one could beat him back then.. If you are calculating the power when he is old now, that can be a problem. But still, Yama-jii comprises 60-70% of SS strength..
    Wrong context. Juha Bach was talking about how Yama gone soft over the years after the quincy war which ended 1000 years ago.

Yama improved his bankai over the years just so you know.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Kay3795
    Yes, Yama improved his Bankai over the last 1000 years, but he obviously grew old. It was strongly implied by the first Databook, that Yama grew old and wasn't at his strongest obviously. His speed decreased and stamina as well. Of course even his 80 points out of 100 are still better than anything that can show any other Captain of SS during the last 1000 years, but it's still true that he got weaker.
    And it obviously seems that Sasakibe fought him, when he was closer to his prime.

About the power level of Royal Guard... I believe their leader - the Baldie - should be at least around Yama's level and Yakuza guy at least a bit stronger than Aizen. Other 3 should be somewhere around Aizen level.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Don Davido's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Honestly I will say Yama is atleast 50% of the fire power that holds SS.
    His power was strong enough to destroy the entire SS .

I feel many underestimate his power here.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Ichigo was not weak back then (only after).
    Sure Sasakibe did a scatch to Yama but that was a much Young Yama (thus weaker).
    Sasakibe had no business underestimating a guy that stopped sokyoku. None!!

For the god's sake ,then u mean he could beat yama too? Sasa were strong and fought a tie with younger Yama (faster,stronger) and at that time Yama had a more perfected bankai compared to his younger ages 1k years ago..

So u cant explain what happened there Ichi after JUST NEARLY BEATEN (both injured well and got exhausted) bya who is not the strongest captain.. So beating Sasa stop kiddin with me, this applies if we think about what Kubo stated and he did.. Ichi had no Vaizard powers ,nor fullbring etc.. nor quincy bs.. U could say he was on 100% ,but still Sasa > Bya , and young folks + weak captains with Kubos logic.. With that lighting element bankai he would been a beast like Yama..

This points that Kubo had no plans with Sasa back then.. He was on captain level and not vc already when he fought Yama aka had bankai... He were a genius if we calculate in the picture that he learned bankai in ONE MONTH! And a not perfect bankai sliced Yama in bankai.. Sadly he got the role as a victim.. Kubo just failed to see his potential , after he technically stated he were older than the trio and stronger too.. Made this mistake and forgot he will introduce him as freaking strong after he died lol... He missed the thing how he died then if he were Yama's right hand man.. Loosing to a trash Sternritter.. Okay,okay..

I still say Kubo did not build up this well. Reused Sasa as a victim.. However we can say that Sasa stopped use his bankai ,but still if he wanted protect and serve Yama why he did not train.. Just bowed before Yama as a butler for hunderds of years.. Stop kiddin me.. Kubo said stated that in the manga throught Yama , Sasa could be a captain ,but refused..

Sasa could been a nice match for Hasch or candinate for the next CC position.. He were Yamas disciple(inpired by him) more than the trio.... I would say they were a nice pair.. Not the typical master-disciple relationship were theirs.. something more.

Scr.w this nyerk! This is how happened we must accept it sadly. Sasa died end of story... Kubo trolls...
    Last edited by Don Davido; November 29, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
    "Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings." -Salvador Dali

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Norio's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Yamamoto is stronger, he said that no shinigami surpassed him.
    But, if the Royal Guard turned into something different by Soul King, things can be different.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

What if that super reijutsu Squad Zero has talked about is what actually makes them the protectors of the Soul King?
    Maybe they are above the level Captain-Commander was at, but this massive power is only limited to the Royal Dimension.

I speculated about this, because it seems that without the key, the Royal Dimension is safe against outside access, so, there is no obvious reason for Royal Guards to be idly sitting in that dimension, doing nothing.

So, if they were to be stronger within Royal Dimension, obviously, their waiting place would be there, too.
    Last edited by Hakuteiken; December 02, 2012 at 04:59 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Well , I think that beard guy from Zero division is as strong as Yamamato or even stronger .... about Aizen , well he has a mental manipulated ability and it is really different compare to Raw power ....

and why people never talked about the king power .... I hope he/she won't turn to some idiot kid or pervert guy to increase bleach comic scenes
    خداحافظ

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they're probably close to Yama's power, but not quite there. All five of them together, no doubt Yama has to go bankai.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think that the change in yamamoto juhabach spoke of was more mental than physical. In terms of power it didn't seem like yamamoto had actually grown weaker. If anything he displayed an improved bankai from the past. Yamamoto was more dangerous in the past because he simply did not have the capacity to give a shit according to juhabach. The captains at the time had precisely no shits to spare either for that matter. At least back in the day it does not seem like the shinigami would have actually hesitated to cross any conceivable line to win the war at any cost whatsoever. In turn this time around there were plenty of assets which yamamoto did not actually gather in preparation for the war with vandenreich. He did not call the ryoka, he did not call urahara and tessai, he did not call the remaining vizards, the fullbringers were apparently left behind in rugonkai and yoruichi is unaccounted for since the start of the arc. I don't think calling them would have actually solved the bankai issue at all however the lot of them had been added to the mix then ichigo, urahara, tessai, yoruichi, love, hiyori, liza, hachigen, orihime and chad would have been a part of the equation from the start of the war. This basically doubles the war potential of SS.... Now, yamamoto was not necessarily that wrong here either though, for all we know his strength alone could conceivably have been enough to win the war had vandenreich not have the capacity to reduce the might of the squads to a fraction of its max power with the medals. Only two captains actually got defeated through the war even with the massively unfavorable circumstances after all. In the end what is important here is not whether yamamoto was actually capable of defeating vandenreich on his own or not though, the issue would be that he actually risked not gathering every single asset he could for the imminent main war.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

kkck
    Well, in the First Databook it's stated that Yama during SS Arc isn't at his best in terms of stamina, thus it's logical that he grew older. Of course even though he grew older and isn't at his best, he is still stronger, faster and has more endurance, compared to anyone we've seen up till now. Talking about his Bankai... Of course his Bankai got better, but if we go by just Shikai and Bankai, even 1000 years before he still had the strongest ones even back then, so making them even stronger through such a big ammount of time doesn't make a big differense, because if it wasn't stollen, he would have stomped anyone in one-on-one no matter how strong his opponent is. And he would have done the same 1000 years ago as it was shown by a flashback in Juha Bach's wannabe's head Yama was just one-shotting Quincies with his Bankai easily back then, so nothing actually changed.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this is a very good question, its kind of hard to imagine very many people being stronger than yamamoto

i am just sad that when we finally saw his bankai (which is by far the most awesome bankai ever) it went to waste

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd think the powers would be something like this:

10: Yamamoto - basically the strongest Shinigami ever, commanded the Gotei 13 before they were actually captains and what-not (which probably had the Zero Division guys in it at the beginning).

6-9: Zero Division - Stronger than the Gotei 13 captains, less powerful than Yamamoto. But combined, they are stronger than all the Gotei 13 combined (at least some used to be in Gotei 13, probably all of them).

4-5: Senior Captains - Two of them may almost be able to match Yamamoto, but not overcome him (like was shown and talked about during the Rescue Rukia arc).

3-4: Other Captains - They will probably grow stronger, but like Shunsui said of Hitsugaya during the FKT arc, not as strong quite yet.

2-3: Non-captains who have Bankai or are Vaizards - Stronger than the average Vice Captain or other seated officers.

0-1: Other soldiers of the Gotei 13 - Not necessarily zero, but nowhere even close to 1/10th the strength of Yamamoto.

New Reply
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast