Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 37.50%
  • No

10 62.50%
  • Not Sure

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

If this question is asked or has a different thread, please guide me to it, and this one can be deleted by the admin... I just want to know...

concerned citizen....

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

We still know little about the Royal Guards, so it's hard to give a definitive answer. Personally I believe Yamamoto was stronger than all of them individually but as Shunsui pointed out, their combined power is stronger than Gotei 13's and if Shunsui includes the old Gotei, which had Yamamoto and Aizen, in his assessment, then it makes sense that they have powers that rival theirs. Royal Guards seem to have served in Gotei 13 and since Yamamoto has founded and commanded Gotei for all this time, it's likely that they have never been a strong enough candidate for the CC position during the time they were Gotei captains. It remains to be seen whether Soul King made Royal Guards even more powerful by some unknown means, if this is the case, they may be as strong or even stronger than Yamamoto depending on what kind of enhancement it is.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Cause i'm confused how unohana one of the oldest three students of Yamamoto be also the student of the Yakuza hair guy.. It shook my firm belief that Shigekuni yamomoto in his prime or even not was the strongest....

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the relationship between Unohana and that guy has any importance regarding how powerful RGs are compared to Yamamoto. For all we know, the guy taught Unohana to heal, we have reason to believe that Unohana was primarily a fighter before this guy got promoted and educated Unohana in healing as his replacement. Shunsui called Unohana dai-senpai in TBTP arc who is the chief instructor under sensei in a school. Since we know that Yamamoto was Shunsui's sensei, it was implied that Unohana was one of the major figures in Shinigami Academy.

As Aizen put it, Yamamoto was the history of SS. He was the chief actor in the establishment of Shinigami Academy and Gotei 13, and in the major battles against quincies who are shinigami's main rivals. His power was so strong that it could destroy SS and this power (well, its reduced version) will probably be used by the main antagonist Bach against Ichigo in their final battle. The only being who seems to have a more important role in the history of SS is the Soul King itself which holds reality together. Since it needs protection, it may not be something that can actually fight, so it's a likely possibility we'll not see a shinigami who is stronger than him excluding transcendental beings.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to believe what yer saying coz i still hope that the body bach killed was just an almost perfect firebunshin copy of yama jii.....

When you say "him" you mean yama jii right?

Btw lets have another BFl please........!??????

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamamoto is strongest of all shinigami, including the Royal Guards. he is even stronger than Juha. that's what i think.
    Naruto Forever

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I would think that together they are indeed stronger than yamamoto however on an individual level I doubt they would match up to him. Maybe any one of them is just about strong enough to actually hold their ground against yamamoto but that is it. Didn't a databook say that yamamoto was not a royal because he could not be replaced in the gotei 13? I guess that the manga did leave room for any of them to actually be stronger than yamamoto though. When yamamoto fought aizen he said that in 1000 years no shinigami stronger than him had been born. Even shunsui seems to be just about 1000 years old and unohana is his dai sempai. The royals are obviously well over 1000 years old and perhaps even older than sasakibe (who was over 2000) so they could actually be stronger than yamamoto based on what he said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, based on Yama's quote about no one stronger than him coming around in over 1000 years, I'm inclined to think one of the RG is stronger than Yama, but just one. If none of them were at least as strong as Yama, I don't see how the five of them could take him down as well as the rest of the G13 as Shunsui says they're capable of, given the raw destructive powers of his zanpakuto. I think it would take someone surpassing him to be able to stand up to Zanka no Tachi. So I wouldn't be surprised if one member (the Monk guy, if you ask me) turns out to be even stronger than him.

As for the rest of them, I'm sure some are stronger than others, but it also depends on what their zanpakutos do. Generally, I'd say each one should be on par with Aizen, though if that means with or without their shikais activated I'm not sure. Yama's greatest asset was Ryujin Jakka - take that away, and Kyoka Suigetsu from Aizen, and I think they're closer in level than it might otherwise seem. So depending on their individual abilities, each member of the RG may be more or less dangerous than Aizen.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamamoto was said to be the strongest shinigami that ever existed, so I think that the Royal guards, in comparison to him, are weaker.
    But I guess we have to wait and see them into action in order to understand their true strenght.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Yamamoto was said to be the strongest shinigami that ever existed, so I think that the Royal guards, in comparison to him, are weaker.
    But I guess we have to wait and see them into action in order to understand their true strenght.
    Nope. Yamaji HIMSELF stated, that he is the strongest in last 1000 years. That means 1000 years ago there was born stronger Shinigami.
    Last edited by Duniak; November 22, 2012 at 01:13 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I'm pretty sure Yamamoto is the strongest Shinigami there is (was, haha). Only Aizen was about equal to Yama in terms of base strength.

But since Yama was so far above the rest of the captains, that gives plenty of room for the Zero Division to be far above the captains, too, but still weaker than Yama. They might be close to how Aizen was, pre-transformation... but even that I'd really doubt. Since Aizen was 100% prepared to invade the Royal Palace, I doubt the Zero Division can truly stand up to him. Hence why Juha Bach wanted Aizen on his side.

I think some people from the Zero Division were part of the original Gotei 13, back when it was more like a gang with Yama as the gang leader.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Nope. Yamaji HIMSELF stated, that he is the strongest in last 1000 years. That means 1000 years ago there was born stronger Shinigami.
    Yeah he said it, but that doesn't mean that there was someone stronger than him.
    And by the way, in my opinion Yama-ji was the strongest and I guess that he showed it too well to us.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    Nah, I'm pretty sure Yamamoto is the strongest Shinigami there is (was, haha). Only Aizen was about equal to Yama in terms of base strength.

But since Yama was so far above the rest of the captains, that gives plenty of room for the Zero Division to be far above the captains, too, but still weaker than Yama. They might be close to how Aizen was, pre-transformation... but even that I'd really doubt. Since Aizen was 100% prepared to invade the Royal Palace, I doubt the Zero Division can truly stand up to him. Hence why Juha Bach wanted Aizen on his side.

I think some people from the Zero Division were part of the original Gotei 13, back when it was more like a gang with Yama as the gang leader.
    Juha is probably biting off more than he can chew when he is trying to get Aizen on his side (just look how easy Aizen messed with him with a gaze) but I suspect he may have the same goal as Aizen (to destroy the spirit king who was referred to as "that thing").

Anyway, I've said it before. I think the 0 squad are probably just normal shinigamis that have mastered everything. They have mastered the shinigami arts to their fullest & have also mastered their potentials or individual zanpakuto skills to the max (like Aizen, Yama & probably Isshin).
    Unless they have a cheat code (Aizen & Ichigo) they are just normal shinigamis (who where once captains before).

I say they are just 5 Yamas or 5 normal Aizens or 5 Isshins in a nutshell.

The feat Unohana's master displayed against Soifon (who is obviously on her period ) can easily be displayed by 5 characters in this manga. I think I can literally name 20 characters possibly faster than Soifon.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If 10 was Yamamoto, and 1 was Ichigo when he had anxiety problems due to his Hollow, Aizen would easily rank in 9. Isshin was fighting equally, so he would rank in 9 too. Assuming he was a member of the Royal Guard, then the rest are also at least a 9.

But you can't just decide based on power level. Sure, Zanka no Tachi burns at 15,000,000 degrees, but somebody like Aizen could use illusions or Mayuri could use poison to beat Yamamoto. As long as the ability is good enough, power only plays a small role in a fight. So if say, somebody like Pompadour-sama were to fight Yamamoto, and his ability allowed to heal himself faster than what Yamamoto could burn, then the fight would be nearly equal.

And that is assuming they are all below Yamamoto. Somebody from the Royal Guard may be even stronger. Or they may have mastered the equivalent of FGT for their respective Zanpakutous.
    Last edited by Miyagi; November 22, 2012 at 06:39 PM.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

This topic is about Yamamoto and Royal Guards, I moved other posts to Ranking of Captains thread. Please try to stay on topic.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast