Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 37.50%
  • No

10 62.50%
  • Not Sure

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

If these Royal Guards served with Yama back then as "thugs", then judging by their age, he was the leader of the group and so they were probably beneath him in power.
    Therefore if their appearance would be a factor, then he'd probably kick their butts, even if he'd have to go bankai.

At the very least, perhaps just a few of them served with Yama back then. Hikifune is after all a new addition to the royal guard.
    Then again, we'll have to see. She could be as old as Unohana.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    If these Royal Guards served with Yama back then as "thugs", then judging by their age, he was the leader of the group and so they were probably beneath him in power.
    Therefore if their appearance would be a factor, then he'd probably kick their butts, even if he'd have to go bankai.

At the very least, perhaps just a few of them served with Yama back then. Hikifune is after all a new addition to the royal guard.
    Then again, we'll have to see. She could be as old as Unohana.
    I say all the royal guard are older than every captain (except Yama).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    I say all the royal guard are older than every captain (except Yama).
    That is if you leave out Ginrei, seriously where the heck is he, he's the second oldest character we've seen so far and I really thought that he became a RG.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    That is if you leave out Ginrei, seriously where the heck is he, he's the second oldest character we've seen so far and I really thought that he became a RG.
    Easy assumption is to consider him dead.
    From the far-fetched perspective of mine, I just theorized he was living in the Royal Dimension for some unknown reason as a noble.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

I leave Ginrei as an exception also (didn't mention him cause he isn't a captain anymore). Perhaps he wasn't strong enough to become a royal guard or maybe he declined the position(if he could). Royal Guard are limited in numbers so I assume the King not only takes the most talented captains but the most powerful. I assume all five of them are like Yama & Aizen in the sense that they've mastered all the arts of a shinigami.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Easy assumption is to consider him dead.
    From the far-fetched perspective of mine, I just theorized he was living in the Royal Dimension for some unknown reason as a noble.
    I don't think that he's dead because between the tbtp arc and the main story line, there isn't any major war, so there really isn't any reason for him to die. It'll be nice to see him as a noble living in the royal dimension, could also explains why Renji, Byakuya, and Rukia were carried to the there.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that he's dead because between the tbtp arc and the main story line, there isn't any major war, so there really isn't any reason for him to die. It'll be nice to see him as a noble living in the royal dimension, could also explains why Renji, Byakuya, and Rukia were carried to the there.
    Yeah, it'd be a cool development, I suppose.
    But then why did someone as strong as Ginrei Kuchiki didn't come to the aid of SS at such a time? I mean, it's not as if he's older than Captain-Commander supposedly, so, if he was just living there, he'd feel free to come and give a hand. Perhaps such actions were prohibited by Soul King initially.
    I hope we get some insight on the Royal Dimension soon.

Back on topic, Hikifune was promoted to Royal Guard status back 110 years ago and at that time, only people with 100+ years of captaincy experience for Unohana, Ukitake and Kyouraku. That means Hikifune wasn't a captain in Gotei 13 around 200 years ago and perhaps this would help explain how Shutara talked about her time in 12th Squad headquarters.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Yeah, it'd be a cool development, I suppose.
    But then why did someone as strong as Ginrei Kuchiki didn't come to the aid of SS at such a time? I mean, it's not as if he's older than Captain-Commander supposedly, so, if he was just living there, he'd feel free to come and give a hand. Perhaps such actions were prohibited by Soul King initially.
    I hope we get some insight on the Royal Dimension soon.

Back on topic, Hikifune was promoted to Royal Guard status back 110 years ago and at that time, only people with 100+ years of captaincy experience for Unohana, Ukitake and Kyouraku. That means Hikifune wasn't a captain in Gotei 13 around 200 years ago and perhaps this would help explain how Shutara talked about her time in 12th Squad headquarters.
    I'd think hikifune was a captain not only 200 years ago but well before that. By the time shunsui said that hikifune was not longer actually a member of the squads so shunsui wouldn't need to include her in his count. As far as shutara, does what she said actually imply she was captain of the 12ht squad? I got the impression that she was talking about her time in the gotei 13 in general rather than the 12th squad specifically.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In a conventional sense healing occurs after injury. You can't heal if your dead lol Yama's bankai techniques are meant to be instant deaths. If contact occurs at vital spots it's over. Also blut vene just to be near... That's sick. What would that do to regular shinigami? Massive area effects to counter ks lol

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marshmallow-sama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see probably 2 that are stronger than Yama, 2 that are somewhat equal, and 1 that is just below his power. These are the Royal Guard. Their purpose is to guard the Soul King, the lynchpin that holds everything together. If at least of them is not stronger than Yama, that would make absolutely no sense at all for me.

Really, I wish for all of them to be stronger than Yama, but that's far too much and wouldn't fit well with Shunsui's statement. (Why bother with mentioning the Gotei 13 and straight to, "Individually, they're all stronger than Yama"? Catch my drift?)

Also one thing has been bothering me: the Soul King. Has he been around since I don't know the beginning of time or some time long ago? If so, has he always had guards or was that something introduced when Yama came into the picture? Just wondering, because if so, I would think these guards (minus Hikifune) might have been guarding the King for a damn long time, prior to the creation of Yama and his band of thugs. Unlikely, I know, but this is just something that has been on my mind and I want to hear other opinions on it. /cowers away

Yum~

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow-sama View Post
    I can see probably 2 that are stronger than Yama, 2 that are somewhat equal, and 1 that is just below his power. These are the Royal Guard. Their purpose is to guard the Soul King, the lynchpin that holds everything together. If at least of them is not stronger than Yama, that would make absolutely no sense at all for me.

Really, I wish for all of them to be stronger than Yama, but that's far too much and wouldn't fit well with Shunsui's statement. (Why bother with mentioning the Gotei 13 and straight to, "Individually, they're all stronger than Yama"? Catch my drift?)

Also one thing has been bothering me: the Soul King. Has he been around since I don't know the beginning of time or some time long ago? If so, has he always had guards or was that something introduced when Yama came into the picture? Just wondering, because if so, I would think these guards (minus Hikifune) might have been guarding the King for a damn long time, prior to the creation of Yama and his band of thugs. Unlikely, I know, but this is just something that has been on my mind and I want to hear other opinions on it. /cowers away
    I'd tend to think the Royal Dimension was created long after the King arrived at the scene. Somehow they created that separate dimension and the King retreated to his new palace with his guards.
    I can't come up with ideas for the timeline, though.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i think yama is stronger than each individual but combined they overpower him

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shinsengumi View Post
    i think yama is stronger than each individual but combined they overpower him
    5x Kyoraku or 5x Ukitake would kill Yamaji as well. They could stand their ground fighting Shikai vs Shikai. I think even 5x Byakuya would be able to kill Yamamoto. About RG strength. If Yama is 10, then in RG we'd have one 10 (leader), one 8 (Hikifune, new) and rest would be 9, I think.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    5x Kyoraku or 5x Ukitake would kill Yamaji as well. They could stand their ground fighting Shikai vs Shikai. I think even 5x Byakuya would be able to kill Yamamoto. About RG strength. If Yama is 10, then in RG we'd have one 10 (leader), one 8 (Hikifune, new) and rest would be 9, I think.
    I don't know about 5x Kyoraku or 5x Ukitake, as they're all going to bring the same skills.
    2x Kyouraku + 2x Ukitake is a whole lot more dangerous than just 5 of an individual, as they have perfect chemistry and complementary skills.
    It's still tough to simply say Kyouraku and Ukitake can take down Captain-Commander on their own, anyway, as Nanao pointed out. Then again, I don't trust Nanao's intuition against such great raw power in all three fighters.
    So, it seems to me that his pupils' combination wouldn't be a pushover for Captain-Commander at any case.

Might as well be the case with Royal Guards.
    If their combined power is that great to match Gotei 13, they may team up to take Captain-Commander down, but of course, that would depend on their unique abilities.
    That said, Bach doesn't seem to be overly concerned about Royal Guards assembling.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he meant 5 Shunsui or 5 Ukitake but rather 5 times the power of either.

New Reply
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast