Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 37.50%
  • No

10 62.50%
  • Not Sure

0 0%
New Reply
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Akabeth's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

I'm of the opinion that Yamamoto was superior in combat strength vs. anyone from the current Zero Division. I think the SK judged that Yama was better suited serving as a CC than a RG, mostly due to his personality rather than prowess.

And no I won't define how I see strength or competency in an internet forum unless, somehow, I absolutely have to.
    "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Well we know they don't get promoted only because of contributions. Each member govern their own individual cities in the Royal Realm & there duty was made clear when Kirinji speedblitz Soifon. A bunch of noobs (even if they made the most contributions) ain't gonna be in the Royal Realm no matter what.
    They are not only resposible for the protecting of the Royal Realm, they also would clean un SS mess when SS is destroyed. To protect you need power.
    That looks like an exaggeration. I have never talked about a bunch of noobs here. You don't have to be a noob just to be placed under Captain-Commander in terms of power. Say, if one Royal Guard had 80% percent of the strength he had, would that person be incompetent to be a Royal Guard?
    We don't know if there was a Royal Guard and Hikifune replaced her 110 years ago. In all likelihood, up to that moment, there were just four Royal Guards and Hikifune's contributions were acknowledged by the Soul King and she got promoted. So, I don't think she would be making it to the Royal Dimension without her accomplishments.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Osho(Monk dude) and Nimaiya(Short black dude) are stronger than him while Shutamaru, Hikifune and Keninji are weaker than him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe...The question to me is: can Yamamoto go higher? Another way of putting it is Yama stuck at his current level of power? The Royal Guard are raising the bar. It may be possible to go higher.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by En Yang Ji View Post
    Maybe...The question to me is: can Yamamoto go higher? Another way of putting it is Yama stuck at his current level of power? The Royal Guard are raising the bar. It may be possible to go higher.
    I don't think he can go higher, but I think the question: have we seen all of Yama's capability? is more accurate. Remember he did an non-incantation level 96 hadou when he's greatly injured and just before he loses consciousness? I wonder if he can throw a level 99 in his normal state. We also haven't seen him using kendo at all, because he only need a mere swing to cut anything. What if he actually used kendo along with his zanka no tachi North? will SS get split in half?? I don't know. But I think that we haven't seen the full extent of his power yet, all of his fight up until he died were handicaped.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

for me Old Yama is the strongest shinigami in bleach.
    •he has the most destructive zanpakuto we have seen so far
    •he is pretty good at kido and hand to hand combat
    •has a lot experience

all we know about the royal guard is that their combined power is superior than the G13. 13 vc that can barely make 2 decent captains and 12 captains (im not sure if shunsui includes Yama in the ecuation).

for me the royal guards are between senior level (the weakest member) and aizen level (bald guy).

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner King of Anime's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep he is weaker than the royal guards obvious Oetsu Nimaiya invented the Zanpakutou and he can take it back no matter what lol.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by En Yang Ji View Post
    Higher like keeping his shape and gaining experience. Sure. Or, he can become a transcedental.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Imo, if what Shunsui said was true, one RG member will have to be => than Yamamoto in order for them to be greater than the entire Gotei combined. This is assuming if Shunsui was including Yama in the first place.
    Smiling Devil

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think so. Its hard to tell though because we dont know which Gotei 13 Shunsui was talking about. If he was refering to the Gotei 13 that had Aizen and Yama then i would say that they are all on Aizen / Juha Bach level. Not quite ion Yama's but very close. 5 Aizen's could beat Yama plus the other captains fairly easily. If Shunsui meant that they are stronger than the current Gotei 13, then it probably means that they are all stronger than top captains, Shunsui, Shiinji, Unohana by a considerable margin but not on Aizen / Yama level.

One thing though, how come Yama did not get an invitation into the RG? I mean he created the G13 and the Shinigami Academy. IMO that is a bigger accomplishment than the Gikon at least and probably on par with creating the healing techs. Obviously the Zanpaktou creator would top the list so far but still Yama did achieve something monumental.
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kuza's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamamoto said about 1000 years, so what if one of those or even all are actually older than 1000 years?

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kuza View Post
    Yamamoto said about 1000 years, so what if one of those or even all are actually older than 1000 years?
    At least Hikifune was serving under Yama some 100+ yrs ago, and I can't imagine her actually being older than 1000 yrs...
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

People really want to believe the RG are weaker then Yama. Why would he say "greater then the entire Gotei 13?" he meant even the CC.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LordZet View Post
    People really want to believe the RG are weaker then Yama. Why would he say "greater then the entire Gotei 13?" he meant even the CC.
    I personally think, that Masked Shinji with Sakanade multiplied by 5 would be able to do that too. And with Bankai... who knows. The same goes for Kyoraku and Ukitake. They could hold their ground against CC. If there was 5 of them they'd win against CC. Not sure about fighting all of G13 at once.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vizardichigo View Post
    I dont think so. Its hard to tell though because we dont know which Gotei 13 Shunsui was talking about. If he was refering to the Gotei 13 that had Aizen and Yama then i would say that they are all on Aizen / Juha Bach level. Not quite ion Yama's but very close. 5 Aizen's could beat Yama plus the other captains fairly easily. If Shunsui meant that they are stronger than the current Gotei 13, then it probably means that they are all stronger than top captains, Shunsui, Shiinji, Unohana by a considerable margin but not on Aizen / Yama level.

One thing though, how come Yama did not get an invitation into the RG? I mean he created the G13 and the Shinigami Academy. IMO that is a bigger accomplishment than the Gikon at least and probably on par with creating the healing techs. Obviously the Zanpaktou creator would top the list so far but still Yama did achieve something monumental.
    Lol this post and few others makes me laugh you all love to use Aizen as a tool to compare power. Aizen is not and i will emphasis the 'not' here comparable to Unohana for one she's a frigging kenpachi in no way shape or form would Aizen be on par with her, and no matter how smart he was or how hax his Zan is, Unohana could obliterate him.... The only two that i will say Aizen may of been on par with was Shunsui or Ukitake.

Anyway i think Yama had too much blood on his hands to consider going to RG, he was the strongest for a reason and that reason was to keep the shinigami vets (older gen) in line so that didnt cause an imbalance by killing everyone on site, so i feel yama was stronger in his youth then all the RG and G13(of today) but as time took its toll Yama became kind of soft due to his father like way with the current G13
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast