Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 37.50%
  • No

10 62.50%
  • Not Sure

0 0%
New Reply
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    Lol this post and few others makes me laugh you all love to use Aizen as a tool to compare power. Aizen is not and i will emphasis the 'not' here comparable to Unohana for one she's a frigging kenpachi in no way shape or form would Aizen be on par with her, and no matter how smart he was or how hax his Zan is, Unohana could obliterate him.... The only two that i will say Aizen may of been on par with was Shunsui or Ukitake.

Anyway i think Yama had too much blood on his hands to consider going to RG, he was the strongest for a reason and that reason was to keep the shinigami vets (older gen) in line so that didnt cause an imbalance by killing everyone on site, so i feel yama was stronger in his youth then all the RG and G13(of today) but as time took its toll Yama became kind of soft due to his father like way with the current G13
    Being a Kenpachi means that person has the strongest combat capabilities and most likely, the most overwhelming firepower in general, but it doesn't make a Kenpachi as the strongest Captain overall by any means.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Being a Kenpachi means that person has the strongest combat capabilities and most likely, the most overwhelming firepower in general, but it doesn't make a Kenpachi as the strongest Captain overall by any means.
    I agree. Also there is more to a fight then just raw power. Also your type of ability would matter. And your battleexperience. Another part is your instinct as a fighter. Something Ichigo greatly exceeds at.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay i will put my hands up to that, but the fact is Unohana was a killing machine from what i understand, and she must of had her share of running's with people as smart as Aizen, the fact remains that Aizen really didn't want to stick around when she showed up back in the SS arc. All im saying is Aizen shouldn't be classed near the RG or Yama in terms of strength which is what i have read from the posts, this is a thread about Yamamoto's strength being weaker then the RG's. If people want to discuss Aizen being close to or near RG's level then do so in the Aizen mega thread.

And Aizen was smart and one step ahead of everyone due to one simple thing and that was his Haxx ability, lets face it everyone now knows what his ability is, although his bankai is still a mystery. So they know not to be touched by his sword.
    Spoiler show

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    Okay i will put my hands up to that, but the fact is Unohana was a killing machine from what i understand, and she must of had her share of running's with people as smart as Aizen, the fact remains that Aizen really didn't want to stick around when she showed up back in the SS arc. All im saying is Aizen shouldn't be classed near the RG or Yama in terms of strength which is what i have read from the posts, this is a thread about Yamamoto's strength being weaker then the RG's. If people want to discuss Aizen being close to or near RG's level then do so in the Aizen mega thread.

And Aizen was smart and one step ahead of everyone due to one simple thing and that was his Haxx ability, lets face it everyone now knows what his ability is, although his bankai is still a mystery. So they know not to be touched by his sword.
    I would agree with that. The comparison itself has little to do with Aizen, since the Royal Guards never even had any sort of encounter with Aizen, so, it belongs to the power level thread mostly.
    If the thread turns into too much Aizen, I can move the posts away when needed.

Anyway, we'll see how this debate will turn out once the monk Guard reveals his contribution. It looks like he's the unvoiced leader of the group or the strongest amongst all.
    Last edited by Hakuteiken; January 06, 2013 at 06:39 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

It should be noted that Aizen and half the captains have yet to release their Bankai so there is no telling what any of their "real" power is yet. The fact that the younger Captains with Bankai seem weaker than the senior Captains with Shikai should tell us all something.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Yama was weaker than the RG's. Each of them have a unique trait or skill that sets them apart and is interesting to the Soul King. But that doesn't mean they're stronger than Yama.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I'd go with none of them are stronger, maybe Osho but we have to see.
    Together is of course a different matter but until they show what they're capable of, I'd go for no seeing how monstrous Yamamoto's Bankai is, heck Kubo just wanted to make it as powerful as Fire and Heat can be and chose to go with the heat of the Sun's Core not thinking about what it means.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Yama's Bankai essentially made him invulnerable, gave him a sword that couldn't be blocked, and he also had avaliable an undead army.

In hindsight, I'm not sure what the Royal Guards Bankai's could be to exceed that in power.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Yamamoto is weaker than the Royal Guards, based on how he was still the captain of all captains. Pretty sure if one of the Royal Guards were stronger, one would have challenged him to become the leader of the Gotei 13, considering how old he was and how his power could have diminished as result. Since Yamamoto was still the leader, either no one challenged him or he flattened everyone who did. I doubt anyone would let him be the leader if he wasn't strong enough to be one.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I don't think Yamamoto is weaker than the Royal Guards, based on how he was still the captain of all captains. Pretty sure if one of the Royal Guards were stronger, one would have challenged him to become the leader of the Gotei 13, considering how old he was and how his power could have diminished as result. Since Yamamoto was still the leader, either no one challenged him or he flattened everyone who did. I doubt anyone would let him be the leader if he wasn't strong enough to be one.
    Well why would the Royal Guards want to leave their positions of power? I'm not saying they are stronger than him, but even if they were, why challenge him, they have it pretty good where they are.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Well why would the Royal Guards want to leave their positions of power? I'm not saying they are stronger than him, but even if they were, why challenge him, they have it pretty good where they are.
    I assume he was referring to the time when the Royal Guards were still captains back in SS (under the theory that they were all captains at some point under Captain-Commander's commander). In that case, it would be likely for someone with the greatest power amongst all to take the lead.
    If he meant it as to why they didn't come back from the Royal Dimension to claim the CC position, that would make little sense.

Moving further while taking that into consideration, if they are all from the first generation captains of current Gotei formation or higher, they would probably be classified inferior to Captain-Commander. Still, going by the fact that there were 5 people in the Royal Dimension protecting the Soul King, we aren't provided with any manga facts to say they were on par with Captain-Commander or above him in terms of sheer strength.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Why wouldn't they want to lead the Gotei 13? They can have extra power under them as well, and be able to have more freedom, I think? Plus, if one of them could beat Yamamoto, it meant that Yamamoto wasn't strong enough, and that he could likely be beaten by any enemy.

I assume he was referring to the time when the Royal Guards were still captains back in SS (under the theory that they were all captains at some point under Captain-Commander's commander). In that case, it would be likely for someone with the greatest power amongst all to take the lead.
    If he meant it as to why they didn't come back from the Royal Dimension to claim the CC position, that would make little sense.

Moving further while taking that into consideration, if they are all from the first generation captains of current Gotei formation or higher, they would probably be classified inferior to Captain-Commander. Still, going by the fact that there were 5 people in the Royal Dimension protecting the Soul King, we aren't provided with any manga facts to say they were on par with Captain-Commander or above him in terms of sheer strength.
    No, I'm referrin to the Royal Guards at any stage.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    No, I'm referrin to the Royal Guards at any stage.
    Coming back from the Royal Dimension as the direct subordinate of the Soul King to lead a bunch of Shinigami doesn't really make sense. They have access to an immense power that is off the charts by SS standards.
    Even if they became stronger in their stay as a Royal Guard, I doubt they will try to return to SS for CC position.
    Not to mention they are perhaps obliged to stay in the Royal Dimension, unless the Soul King allows them to leave. Hikifune's promotion was more of an order than it was an optional promotion or so it seems.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not enough information to make a clear judgement on this topic just assumptions. So I'm assuming that Yamaji might still have been stronger then the Royal Guard members that used to be apart of the Gotei 13 under his command. As for the one's who never served under him, I assume that atleast one of them is stronger then he is and my money is on the priest.
    The price of arrogance.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Coming back from the Royal Dimension as the direct subordinate of the Soul King to lead a bunch of Shinigami doesn't really make sense. They have access to an immense power that is off the charts by SS standards.
    Even if they became stronger in their stay as a Royal Guard, I doubt they will try to return to SS for CC position.
    Not to mention they are perhaps obliged to stay in the Royal Dimension, unless the Soul King allows them to leave. Hikifune's promotion was more of an order than it was an optional promotion or so it seems.
    If they are that powerful, then why let Yamamoto be the captain if he stood a chance of losing? Wouldn't that be too risky? Nothing states they'd have to stay in Soul Society to be the the commander, they can appoint someone else as commander or co-commander if they trust the person and his/her strength.

Plus, Yamamato's bankai is overpowered as hell. If nothing else, that puts him on a completely different scale from others.

New Reply
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast