Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 37.50%
  • No

10 62.50%
  • Not Sure

0 0%
New Reply
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

The silhouette of the priest is like on of the criminals that Yama led in the early beginning of Sou society, so i think YAMA is stronger than all the royal guards..LOL

Bring it on Manga Geniuses...!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

My answer to this question would be a big fat...can't be sure!!!

The thing is, we know that the 5 Royal Guards have a total power that is greater than the Gotei 13, but it hasn't been said how much so. Furthermore, we don't really know the fraction of Soul Society's power that Yamamoto represented...

Lets look at it from one end of the scale. Lets say that the total power of the Royal Guards is only a tiny bit more than that of the Gotei 13, to the point where the difference is neglegible. Lets also say Yamamoto represents half of the power of the Gotei 13. In this case, Yamamoto is actually more powerful than the average Royal Guard member.

Now lets look at it from the other end of the scale. Lets say that the total power of the Royal Guards is 5 times that of the Gotei 13. In this case, an average member of the Royal Guard is as powerful as the whole of the Gotei 13, in which case they're definitely more powerful than Yamamoto.

IMO, Yamamoto's power is actually equal to that of a Royal Guard member. I think the total power of the Royal Guard is perhaps twice that of the Gotei 13, and Yamamoto represented roughly 2/5 of the power of the Gotei 13...
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO, Yamamoto's power is actually equal to that of a Royal Guard member. I think the total power of the Royal Guard is perhaps twice that of the Gotei 13, and Yamamoto represented roughly 2/5 of the power of the Gotei 13...[/QUOTE]

I hope you weren't serious with your opinion.. ^__^

No need to train Ichigo then..LOL if that is how strong the royal guards are..hahaha.. each one can defeat the whole Vandenreich....

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because yamamoto is old doesn't mean he is stronger then the royal guard. I think each royal guard is a little bit stronger than him. I don't think there is a huge gap though.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Just because yamamoto is old doesn't mean he is stronger then the royal guard. I think each royal guard is a little bit stronger than him. I don't think there is a huge gap though.
    YOu think???????? Where did you get that conclusion????

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    YOu think???????? Where did you get that conclusion????
    You can only THINK. You can't do anything else than think as it is not proven in manga. I also think, that at least one RG is stronger than Yamamoto, the rest is little bit weaker, but together they could wipe tha floor with Yamaji.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Im pretty sure the dude who freakin created the sword in the first place is much stronger than yamamoto and the monk seems stronger as well.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone believe they (the Royal Guards) are masters of the shinigami art? What I meant by that is, possessing a certain level of mastery in Kido, shunpo, hand to hand & zanjutsu. If so then they are at the level of shinigami Aizen & Yamamoto. But you know, we can speculate further on this.

Does anyone believe they were granted a boost as a result of being the Royal Guards of the Royal dimension? I recall the Food Woman mentioning everything being done in their dimension is done at the King's level & these Royal Guard are the ones "protecting" King & carrying out duties. So were they also boosted by the King? If so then you can start speculating if each members could possibly exceed Aizen's & Yamamoto's.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Kido seems to be a given among the royal guards. Overall decent control over their power would seem to be a basic requirement for the stuff they made.

Anyways, each royal guard being a bit stronger than yamamoto seems unlikely IMO. How would that make sense? for one thing if that was the case then each individual in the royal guard would be stronger than the entire gotei 13. Its one thing that the 5 of them surpass the captains, its another that each and every one of them does.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Kido seems to be a given among the royal guards. Overall decent control over their power would seem to be a basic requirement for the stuff they made.

Anyways, each royal guard being a bit stronger than yamamoto seems unlikely IMO. How would that make sense? for one thing if that was the case then each individual in the royal guard would be stronger than the entire gotei 13. Its one thing that the 5 of them surpass the captains, its another that each and every one of them does.
    How in the world did you arrive at the conclusion that if an individual Royal Guard is above Yama, it indicates that individual members of the Royal Guard is above the gotei 13 excluding Yama? What in the world makes you so certain to say Yama is stronger than the gotei 13? Yama taking on Shunsui's & Ukitake's trickery in addition to Shinji's deceptive ability & then taking on the destructive force of Soifon's nuke, Mayuri's poisonous features that attack the insides of the body & 7 other captains at the sametime?

Are you serious?
    Last edited by Kay3795; July 11, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    How in the world did you arrive at the conclusion that if an individual Royal Guard is above Yama, it indicates that individual members of the Royal Guard is above the gotei 13 excluding Yama? What in the world makes you so certain to say Yama is stronger than the gotei 13? Yama taking on Shunsui's & Ukitake's trickery in addition to Shinji's deceptive ability & then taking on the destructive force of Soifon's nuke, Mayuri's poisonous features that attack the insides of the body & 7 other captains at the sametime?

Are you serious?
    Yamamoto has been shown to be at a minimum that strong though. If we take aizen's word the guy alone was stronger than the 10 espada and yamamoto is supposed to be comparable or stronger than him. Yamamoto basically foderized wonderweiss with his bare hands. More than that, he obliterated the guy with his bare hands. The actual amount of power yamamoto has overall difficult even to properly imagine. If his fists alone can trash a captain class fighter like that, can you imagine what his shikai does? The power of yamamoto's shikai easily outclasses just about any captain bankai so far and quite easily at that (given that his fists alone did what a vizard with bankai for whatever reason did not do). Add in bankai and and yamamoto is essentially untouchable by the captains(even the guy who foderized kenpachi without trying could not touch yamamoto while trying). Aizen alone took down komamura, rose, love, liza, shunsui, soifon, hitsugaya and shinji with only his ability and strength. Why is it so strange that yamamoto would have a shred of difficulty against the other captains.

The royals could be stronger than the gotei 13 without being stronger than yamamoto for that matter. Its just a matter of their average strength to be greater than the average of the gotei 13. Seriously, if the royals were actually comparable to yamamoto on their own there wouldn't even be a war right now. It would be a matter of them ultimately just stomping vandenreich. Unless juhabach turns out to be that insanely powerful although at this point that would seem to be a stretch.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with KKCK.. Why train ichigo if they are that strong??? LOL

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if yamamoto was stronger then the royal guards then what help would it be to bring them? obviously they are stronger otherwise juha bach can easily crush them as well.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    if yamamoto was stronger then the royal guards then what help would it be to bring them? obviously they are stronger otherwise juha bach can easily crush them as well.
    If RG was made from 5 Yamajis, then SRs will be obliterated in next invasion, and only fight that will count will be RGs vs Juha, that Juha would lose if they're on the same level. That means, that Ichigo wouldn't have anything to do. They ALL can't be stronger than Yamaji. One person, maybe. But I think their abilities will be ability-based. I mean, Kirinji seems to be faster than Yama. If he had some strong Zanpakuto like yamaji it'd have been overkill. Actually, Yamaji had tremendous reiatsu and Zanpakuto, but he wasn't really fast or profficient at Kido. The only Kido he used was the Kido that made him lose his arm. And it barely SCRATCHED Aizen. But his destructive power was ridicoulosly strong. So strong, that he HAD to die. I can't see RG just one-shoting SRs one after another, or burning 3 of them with one slash of Shikai. But I can see them being so strong by themselves, that SRs won't even be able to scratch them. Maybe, in destructive power they won't be anything special, but in terms of speed, defense, swordmanship, Kido and Hakuda, they'd be better than anyone. That'd make them strong as hell, overally stronger than Gotei 13, but not as flashy and destructive as Yama. Aizen is the best example how Yamaji's destructive power can be just useless against ability.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, yamaji did take out driscol with ease (who was presumably captain level considering he did kill sasakibe and had a remarkably easy time with a VC) and when attacked by nodt, bassb and nanana he did mkae short work of them. Basically 1 yamamoto was able to take out 5 stern riter on his own and rather easily at that. Presumably yamamoto has the sort of power to take on all of the stern riter so far, the guy was a beast. How could there even be a war if the 5 royals have that sort of power? The guy would basically parade around and take out each and every stern riter with ease, it would be an unilateral massacre. The royal guards are probably somewhere between yamamoto and your standard captain overall. However they would still have their asses handed to them by good old yama IMO. Otherwise there is no war to speak of.

New Reply
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast