Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 30.43%
  • No

    14 60.87%
  • Not Sure

    2 8.70%
New Reply
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 246

Thread: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

  1. #226
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Eternal Winter Palace
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    835
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

    I think at least that bald head monk is stronger than old man Yam, there is a small hint that he doesn't even have a zan at all. Anyway, I can see Yamamoto is stronger than 3 of the 5 RG or maybe 4 out of 5 but the old man only improved his bankai and I'm not sure he could reach into the power regions similar to FGT.

    Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

  2. #227
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,892
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

    Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    I think at least that bald head monk is stronger than old man Yam, there is a small hint that he doesn't even have a zan at all. Anyway, I can see Yamamoto is stronger than 3 of the 5 RG or maybe 4 out of 5 but the old man only improved his bankai and I'm not sure he could reach into the power regions similar to FGT.
    It certainly would be extremely interesting if Ichibei (Ze bald guy), did not use a Zanpaktou. surely, he must have been around at the time Nimaiya created Zanpaktou's, and perhaps he continued to rely on his original own strength.
    I mean, it would be so freaking amazing to see the strongest Shinigami (If it's indeed Ichibei) fight without a Zanpaktou, and being renowed as the strongest, without using a Zanpaktou... I mean, that would be bad ass, far more so than Zaraki, despite Zaraki's awesome character personality.

    Either way, if he does not rely on a Zanpaktou, but utilizes all other skills, in particular kido, then I don't see why he would not be cable of being stronger than Yama-Jii, it's entirely possible imo, so I agree with you.
    In a nutshell, I'm in the boat that Ichibei might perhaps be the only Royal Guard stronger than Yama-Jii, and that's without using a Zanpaktou (perhaps).

    Kido is downright scary shit, to be honest, if he's a kido master, I'd be extremely excited to see him fight! Tessai has disappointed me ever since he amazed me in the TBTP mini arc, what's the deal with Kido when it's so powerful, so useful, and so nasty, and yet so few uses it? Those who are proficient in it doesn't even get screen time... well, so far... <_<

    Either way, if Ichibei started to play around with space-time like Tessai did for example, then that's just ONE nasty Kido variation type that could put Yama-Jii in deep shit, imagine what Ichibei could pull off with that alone?

    Well just my opinion, but perhaps Kido has been kept away from us all this time to show us the real badass kido fights toward the end of the manga, who knows.
    Last edited by Quantized; August 29, 2013 at 06:12 AM.

  3. #228
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    It certainly would be extremely interesting if Ichibei (Ze bald guy), did not use a Zanpaktou. surely, he must have been around at the time Nimaiya created Zanpaktou's, and perhaps he continued to rely on his original own strength.
    I mean, it would be so freaking amazing to see the strongest Shinigami (If it's indeed Ichibei) fight without a Zanpaktou, and being renowed as the strongest, without using a Zanpaktou... I mean, that would be bad ass, far more so than Zaraki, despite Zaraki's awesome character personality.

    Either way, if he does not rely on a Zanpaktou, but utilizes all other skills, in particular kido, then I don't see why he would not be cable of being stronger than Yama-Jii, it's entirely possible imo, so I agree with you.
    In a nutshell, I'm in the boat that Ichibei might perhaps be the only Royal Guard stronger than Yama-Jii, and that's without using a Zanpaktou (perhaps).

    Kido is downright scary shit, to be honest, if he's a kido master, I'd be extremely excited to see him fight! Tessai has disappointed me ever since he amazed me in the TBTP mini arc, what's the deal with Kido when it's so powerful, so useful, and so nasty, and yet so few uses it? Those who are proficient in it doesn't even get screen time... well, so far... <_<

    Either way, if Ichibei started to play around with space-time like Tessai did for example, then that's just ONE nasty Kido variation type that could put Yama-Jii in deep shit, imagine what Ichibei could pull off with that alone?

    Well just my opinion, but perhaps Kido has been kept away from us all this time to show us the real badass kido fights toward the end of the manga, who knows.
    Yamaji's Zanpakuto is the oldest, so logically Yamaji's Zanpakuto was the first. What for? Probably because he was a demon, that couldn't control his powers, like on a picture that Shunsui saw. If Ichibei was stronger and could control his powers, he wouldn't need one. And if he was profficient Kido user he'd most likely don't care about Zanpakuto at all. I think deal with Kido is that for it to be significant power you have to train a damn lot, learning to utilise your reiatsu in various forms and shapes. Zanpakuto makes using your inner power easy. You pour your reiatsu and your soul itself is saying how to use it. Zanpakuto still has it's limits. You have to master it, and even then, you can use only limited amount of reiatsu. Ichigo used up all his reiatsu, using Mugetsu. If someone had COMPLETE control over his power he'd probably be able to use 99,9% of his reiatsu in a single attack, leaving small portion of it just to regenerate someday. And if Ichibei has complete control over his reiatsu, he's already stronger than Yamaji I think. He's RG after all and was never shown with sword. Even Yoruichi and Hachigen were shown with those, Ichibei somehow was not. And when it comes to controlling reiatsu, Urahara seems like a master. Both in Kido and Zanpakuto techniques, that lets him copy GT and shoot attacks with desired power. How did Urahara see SK? He is Ichibei's son, of course!
    Last edited by Duniak; August 29, 2013 at 07:28 AM.

  4. #229
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Eternal Winter Palace
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    835
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

    Here is another crackpot, Shutara had taken Shunshui under her wing before she joined the 0 division. Shunshui might have been Yamamoto's student but I believe he didn't join the 1st squad after he graduated. This explains about Shunshui's shikai and his perv when he was her vice cap, and the way he acted about fashion during the SS arc explains a lot but of course we really need some real confirmations in the future chapters in order to state this as a fact.

    Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

  5. #230
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    In the Milky Way Galaxy
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    734
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

    Wasn't Yamamoto capible of destroying Soul Society on his own?

  6. #231
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    307
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

    Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    Wasn't Yamamoto capible of destroying Soul Society on his own?
    yes, with his bankai on for a period of time it's too strong it's destroying everything. Heck, even Hyorinmaru can't exist cause of the heat and moisture being burned away. That how strong it is. But i believe when "Soul Society" was mentioned i think it only meant the place not the people especially those powerful ones.

    On a more present note, how about The zan creator guy, he's pretty strong showing us his speed, ruthlessness, killing intent and smartness. Do you think he is stronger than Yama-ji?

  7. #232
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Satellite of Love
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,459
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    On a more present note, how about The zan creator guy, he's pretty strong showing us his speed, ruthlessness, killing intent and smartness. Do you think he is stronger than Yama-ji?
    We still don't have a decent measure just yet. None of the guards have shown their Shikai or Bankai, so it's still up in the air. If we were to just compare their base accomplishments, Yama has more feats than Oetsu, but their lethality with Zanjutsu are probably close. That's the one area where I'd probably put Oetsu above Yama right now. Still need a few more feats as we don't have a real comparison for the Elite Four just yet. If they are comparable in strength to the Top 4 Espada, then we'd have something, but, as I said, we don't know.

  8. #233
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hoenn Region
    Country
    Japan
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

    Poll shoulda had more options instead of the blanket statements of yes and no. I didn't vote. But from the start I said both Nimaiya and Ichibei were gonna be stronger than him. Certainly seems headed in that direction. Ichibei is the first and most likely strongest Shinigami. This guy was around since the start of SS since he named everything. SS is one million years old. Let that sink in. I think he's gonna fight Yhwach.

    I seriously doubt the other 3 are even close to Yama level tho. These 2 are the big guns.

  9. #234
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

    To be honest I would still go for yamamoto. Nimaiya is reasonably impressive but has he really shown anything that suggests he can take on zanka no tachi? Even now zanka no tachi seems like a triumph card for juhabach which I doubt would be the case if yamamoto was not stronger than the royals. Juhabach went through the trouble of weakening yamamoto before going about stealing his bankai, presumably even with shikai he would have been a threat to him and juhabach is presumably stronger than any of his elite guards, the guys in charge of taking on the royals. All nimaiya has shown is a really sharp blade, something which won't necessarily work against yamamoto's reiatsu cloak. Unless the blade is so sharp it can cut the abstract concept of heat. Of course, the 5 combined would definitely win against yamamoto, I will give them that, but alone? I doubt it. They could give him trouble though, all of them seem to have weird techniques.

  10. #235
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

    So far, their individual base performances blows Yama's base performance right out of the water, especially Otesu's who practically gave 4 elite sternritters (supposedly stronger than the other sternritters downstairs) the treatment Ichigo gave the 3 vice captains in the SS arc. And his blade (for the basic lvl) was insanely sharp.
    "Sasuke has never been selfish, he's only been self-centered"

  11. #236
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

    I am not sure things are that extreme. For one thing, it is unlikely the elite guard has been defeated just yet, seemingly askin alone is going to start the counterattack. For another, yamamoto has essentially blown away anyone who ever stood in his way. Remember nodt, nanana and bazzb? The only reason they are even alive is because bazzb had the sheer raw power to stop yamamoto's shikai. And even then the 3 of them were incapacitated from the hit. Even if bazzb is not quite on the level of the 5 above, the sheer amount of power yamamoto has shown is insanely above bazzb. There is no reason for us to think yamamoto in any way lags behind the elite guard or even the royals yet.

  12. #237
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I am not sure things are that extreme. For one thing, it is unlikely the elite guard has been defeated just yet, seemingly askin alone is going to start the counterattack. For another, yamamoto has essentially blown away anyone who ever stood in his way. Remember nodt, nanana and bazzb? The only reason they are even alive is because bazzb had the sheer raw power to stop yamamoto's shikai. And even then the 3 of them were incapacitated from the hit. Even if bazzb is not quite on the level of the 5 above, the sheer amount of power yamamoto has shown is insanely above bazzb. There is no reason for us to think yamamoto in any way lags behind the elite guard or even the royals yet.
    The 3 hit by Yama's shika were...you know...hit
    So, damage was already inflicted upon them all. Bazz-b reacted to this and stop the flames from turning himself and the others into bbq.

    Anyway, my point was simple. I'm talking about their base performances (without shikai or bankai).
    "Sasuke has never been selfish, he's only been self-centered"

  13. #238
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    The 3 hit by Yama's shika were...you know...hit
    And your point is...?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    So, damage was already inflicted upon them all. Bazz-b reacted to this and stop the flames from turning himself and the others into bbq.

    Anyway, my point was simple. I'm talking about their base performances (without shikai or bankai).
    Well, to a large extent comparing physical performances alone is not really significant. And even with that in mind yamamoto has shown absurd levels of physical capacities. Wonderweiss was above average when it came to captain class fighters and yamamoto exploded him via punching. And then yamamoto survived the full magnitude of his shikais power when he took the explosion. If yamamoto can explode above average captain class fighters with his fists then even now nimaiya has to catch up to the feat. He is using an impossibly sharp blade to fight after all.

  14. #239
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

    We know next to nothing as an idea about what Nimaiya is using as a technique at the moment. He can be crazy strong, but even if that's the case, he is also someone Bach will not fight himself, like the rest of the Royal Guards, so, my bet is he is individually "weaker", as far as a one on one fight is concerned.

  15. #240
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    everywhere
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

    All I know is Oetsu has done more to the sternritter in Base power than what Yama has.

    Yama had to pwn 3 sternritter with his shikai and while they are definitely captain level or above they are not on the same level of the elite sternritter by any means.

    And yet Oetsu was able to pwn 3 of them pretty easily in BASE form like it was NOTHING to him.

    So as far as base power goes It seems to me that Oetsu definitely trumps Yama.

    And considering how hyped the RG have been I would be really surprised if at least 1 of them are not all around more powerful than Yama, my bet is on Ichibei definitely being more powrerful given his apparent look as leader of the RG and how he has apparently been around since the beginning of SS and named pretty much everything, the guy is definitely giving me the notion that he is older than Yama.

    I'm betting Oetsu is older as well considering he created the very first zanpkatou.

    And the guy has not even begun to get serious yet and he pwned the elites like nothing, just imagine what type of crazy power he is going to show once he reveals the power of the very first zanpkatou created, the guy's sword simply has to have a out of this world unbelievable power.

    His shikai is going to be epic in itself I bet, and don't even get me started on the possibilities of his bankai's power.

    So at this point I will have to say

    Ichibei>Yama
    Oetsu>(maybe)Yama
    Kirinj<Yama
    Shutara<Yama
    Hikifune<Yama
    Last edited by BaddAzzKenpachi74; October 22, 2014 at 03:58 PM.

    Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

New Reply
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts