Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 37.50%
  • No

10 62.50%
  • Not Sure

0 0%
New Reply
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

I think at least that bald head monk is stronger than old man Yam, there is a small hint that he doesn't even have a zan at all. Anyway, I can see Yamamoto is stronger than 3 of the 5 RG or maybe 4 out of 5 but the old man only improved his bankai and I'm not sure he could reach into the power regions similar to FGT.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    I think at least that bald head monk is stronger than old man Yam, there is a small hint that he doesn't even have a zan at all. Anyway, I can see Yamamoto is stronger than 3 of the 5 RG or maybe 4 out of 5 but the old man only improved his bankai and I'm not sure he could reach into the power regions similar to FGT.
    It certainly would be extremely interesting if Ichibei (Ze bald guy), did not use a Zanpaktou. surely, he must have been around at the time Nimaiya created Zanpaktou's, and perhaps he continued to rely on his original own strength.
    I mean, it would be so freaking amazing to see the strongest Shinigami (If it's indeed Ichibei) fight without a Zanpaktou, and being renowed as the strongest, without using a Zanpaktou... I mean, that would be bad ass, far more so than Zaraki, despite Zaraki's awesome character personality.

Either way, if he does not rely on a Zanpaktou, but utilizes all other skills, in particular kido, then I don't see why he would not be cable of being stronger than Yama-Jii, it's entirely possible imo, so I agree with you.
    In a nutshell, I'm in the boat that Ichibei might perhaps be the only Royal Guard stronger than Yama-Jii, and that's without using a Zanpaktou (perhaps).

Kido is downright scary shit, to be honest, if he's a kido master, I'd be extremely excited to see him fight! Tessai has disappointed me ever since he amazed me in the TBTP mini arc, what's the deal with Kido when it's so powerful, so useful, and so nasty, and yet so few uses it? Those who are proficient in it doesn't even get screen time... well, so far... <_<

Either way, if Ichibei started to play around with space-time like Tessai did for example, then that's just ONE nasty Kido variation type that could put Yama-Jii in deep shit, imagine what Ichibei could pull off with that alone?

Well just my opinion, but perhaps Kido has been kept away from us all this time to show us the real badass kido fights toward the end of the manga, who knows.
    Last edited by Quantized; August 29, 2013 at 06:12 AM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    It certainly would be extremely interesting if Ichibei (Ze bald guy), did not use a Zanpaktou. surely, he must have been around at the time Nimaiya created Zanpaktou's, and perhaps he continued to rely on his original own strength.
    I mean, it would be so freaking amazing to see the strongest Shinigami (If it's indeed Ichibei) fight without a Zanpaktou, and being renowed as the strongest, without using a Zanpaktou... I mean, that would be bad ass, far more so than Zaraki, despite Zaraki's awesome character personality.

Either way, if he does not rely on a Zanpaktou, but utilizes all other skills, in particular kido, then I don't see why he would not be cable of being stronger than Yama-Jii, it's entirely possible imo, so I agree with you.
    In a nutshell, I'm in the boat that Ichibei might perhaps be the only Royal Guard stronger than Yama-Jii, and that's without using a Zanpaktou (perhaps).

Kido is downright scary shit, to be honest, if he's a kido master, I'd be extremely excited to see him fight! Tessai has disappointed me ever since he amazed me in the TBTP mini arc, what's the deal with Kido when it's so powerful, so useful, and so nasty, and yet so few uses it? Those who are proficient in it doesn't even get screen time... well, so far... <_<

Either way, if Ichibei started to play around with space-time like Tessai did for example, then that's just ONE nasty Kido variation type that could put Yama-Jii in deep shit, imagine what Ichibei could pull off with that alone?

Well just my opinion, but perhaps Kido has been kept away from us all this time to show us the real badass kido fights toward the end of the manga, who knows.
    Yamaji's Zanpakuto is the oldest, so logically Yamaji's Zanpakuto was the first. What for? Probably because he was a demon, that couldn't control his powers, like on a picture that Shunsui saw. If Ichibei was stronger and could control his powers, he wouldn't need one. And if he was profficient Kido user he'd most likely don't care about Zanpakuto at all. I think deal with Kido is that for it to be significant power you have to train a damn lot, learning to utilise your reiatsu in various forms and shapes. Zanpakuto makes using your inner power easy. You pour your reiatsu and your soul itself is saying how to use it. Zanpakuto still has it's limits. You have to master it, and even then, you can use only limited amount of reiatsu. Ichigo used up all his reiatsu, using Mugetsu. If someone had COMPLETE control over his power he'd probably be able to use 99,9% of his reiatsu in a single attack, leaving small portion of it just to regenerate someday. And if Ichibei has complete control over his reiatsu, he's already stronger than Yamaji I think. He's RG after all and was never shown with sword. Even Yoruichi and Hachigen were shown with those, Ichibei somehow was not. And when it comes to controlling reiatsu, Urahara seems like a master. Both in Kido and Zanpakuto techniques, that lets him copy GT and shoot attacks with desired power. How did Urahara see SK? He is Ichibei's son, of course!
    Last edited by Duniak; August 29, 2013 at 07:28 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is another crackpot, Shutara had taken Shunshui under her wing before she joined the 0 division. Shunshui might have been Yamamoto's student but I believe he didn't join the 1st squad after he graduated. This explains about Shunshui's shikai and his perv when he was her vice cap, and the way he acted about fashion during the SS arc explains a lot but of course we really need some real confirmations in the future chapters in order to state this as a fact.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Yamamoto capible of destroying Soul Society on his own?

New Reply
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16