Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate this first episode of the new filler arc

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantastic

5 35.71%
  • Good

4 28.57%
  • Average

1 7.14%
  • Bad

2 14.29%
  • Terrible

2 14.29%
New Reply

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden 290 - Power - Episode 1

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto Shippuuden 290 - Power - Episode 1

When discussing the episode, please respect those that don't want to be spoiled and put all future Manga events into spoiler tags. This rule will be strictly enforced. Thanks.

Last edited by Martin425; November 22, 2012 at 06:08 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cobra826's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Shippuuden 290 - Power - Episode 1

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A filler arc regarding the fulfillment of the Edo Tensei army. It was pretty much non-stop fighting with good animation. Didn't like Kabuto's new hair dew.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the animation is really good.
    Still, nothing beats episode 85.
    Nothing.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Black God's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Surprisingly emotional the animation was beautiful although it didn't really look good on kabuto he look like he had lines rather than scales on his face. The naruto in this one seems like the one before the pain invasion so we might not get to see sage mode which would probably look ten time cooler in this style of animation than the pain invasion. The action was really good wish naruto did more than rush in all red eyes an shit but everyone else fighting was animated really well. I notice theirs different directors for this small arc here's hoping (fingers cross) they keep the same animation going and none of the that good, mediocre, good shit ep get's a 9/10.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black God View Post
    Surprisingly emotional the animation was beautiful although it didn't really look good on kabuto he look like he had lines rather than scales on his face. The naruto in this one seems like the one before the pain invasion so we might not get to see sage mode which would probably look ten time cooler in this style of animation than the pain invasion. The action was really good wish naruto did more than rush in all red eyes an shit but everyone else fighting was animated really well. I notice theirs different directors for this small arc here's hoping (fingers cross) they keep the same animation going and none of the that good, mediocre, good shit ep get's a 9/10.
    Don't think so.. Nagato has already been edotensed. Besides, the Hokage's room seems like made by Yamato. Seems like it falls between Tsunade recover and the next summit to decide about War (kabuto still figuring out his edo tensei pawns).

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Really a sensable episode as I always wondered if the villages were just dumb (not noticing that their most famous ninjas were grave robbed) or even dumber (someone grave robbing those guys to get a hold of their abilities, as Haku stated that in Zabuzas body there'd be many secrets of the Mist...). So even if the manga didn't care, its quite good that the anime closes this yeah 'little plothole'.
    So i think this little filler arc makes really sense and had a promising start, but i think they shouldn't have showed guys like Itachi and Nagato.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just for reference, this arc is supposed to be set shortly after the Gokage Summit. Kabuto's unique clothing and hairstyle in this arc is probably meant to indicate that he hasn't fully mastered Orochimaru's remains yet. His hair generally seems to be combed to cover up his cheeks and left eye.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Black God's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Dhazard
    lol i completely forgot about those two scene's but still judging by the poster and this ep i don't think we'll see sage mode

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what the hell was the last half about...where did that have ANYTHING to do with whats going on?
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a surprisingly good episode considering it's filler o_O

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto's hair is hilarious.

I enjoyed the fights. Quick and action packed. And anytime Sakura gets to look good is a bonus. Although Special Jonin Hayate isn't exactly the most powerful of zombies compared to the others.

It seems like Kabuto couldn't get the original Hidan out of the Nara forest, but could only retrieve his sickle. So this Hidan is just a clone with the original's weapon. Speaking of which, it seems from the preview that Kakashi, Gai, and Shikamaru will be backup. So we'll likely see another Shikamaru/Hidan encounter. It is only fitting he is the one to take Hidan down again because of how personal their connection is. And Kakashi vs. Deidara Part 2 would be fun.

Can't really get into the filler subplot yet. And the filler characters weren't that interesting. They looked like something out of Fullmetal Alchemist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighty View Post
    Really a sensable episode as I always wondered if the villages were just dumb (not noticing that their most famous ninjas were grave robbed) or even dumber (someone grave robbing those guys to get a hold of their abilities, as Haku stated that in Zabuzas body there'd be many secrets of the Mist...). So even if the manga didn't care, its quite good that the anime closes this yeah 'little plothole'.
    Yeah, I always like how the anime tries to fill in some blanks. Since Kishi will probably never explain it in canon, he'll probably let the anime's explanation of how Kabuto got the DNA of famous ninja suffice.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First half was good. Second half was crap.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting to wonder if people realize that the people in the second half of the episode are from the burned down village in the first half.
    I'll admit, I thought the placement of everything was odd, but I haven't enjoyed myself while watching an episode of Naruto in a looooong time, until now.

I wish every episode could be animated the way this one was. It would make watching the anime a hell of a lot easier.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I thought the second half of the episode (a flashback showing the destruction of the village) was beautifully directed, especially the long sequence with the two children leaving the ruins of the village without any dialogue. I suppose some ADD-riddled types probably can't appreciate things like cinematography and silence, but I loved it.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply