Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite FOOD? Etc.

MH's Peacemaker 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Leen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Favorite FOOD? Etc.

Pizza is not in McDonald. At least not here.

I've only eaten twice which is in pizza hut. I went there once with my mother and my brother and has a pizza together. That was like 4 years back. Recently, my friend came back from Australia and we went for pizza again. That's all. It's not that cheap here and not everyone can afford to eat it. It will cause a huge hole in my pocket if I eat it everyday. XD

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eileenting88
    Pizza is not in McDonald. At least not here.
    She said LIKE mcdonalds, not IN, there's a big difference

And nobody* eats it everyday, that would cost to much but don't you have for example frozen ready-to-eat pizza's in your local supermarket ( or how you say it in english ), just warm them up and shove 'em in thingies

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...I meant "like McDonald's" because I got the impression that these fast food shops exist everywhere in the world.
    And I thought that you can get pizza verywhere, too (but of course not at McDonald's where you only get burger and pommes and stuff.)

Here in Germany there are many pizza delivery services but only for Italian pizza. If you want to have american pizza you can go to the Pizza Hut. But those are only in the bigger cities while pizzerias are everywhere, even in the smallest towns.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miso
    Yeah...I meant "like McDonald's" because I got the impression that these fast food shops exist everywhere in the world.
    And I thought that you can get pizza verywhere, too (but of course not at McDonald's where you only get burger and pommes and stuff.)
    Here in Germany there are many pizza delivery services but only for Italian pizza. If you want to have american pizza you can go to the Pizza Hut. But those are only in the bigger cities while pizzerias are everywhere, even in the smallest towns.
    Do there exist Domino's Pizza's in your countries? That's even bigger then Pizzahut in ours... ( i've only been to a pizzahut once in my life, and that was in england )

Oh, and in holland there are many pizza-delivering services, but mostly the american variant...

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I should make a Pizza thread...

Oh by the way, I've boycotted McDonalds. Hated the way they changed their chicken mcnuggets. OH - though I do LOVE chicken. Forgot to mention that. Chicken nuggets... MmmMMmmmmm.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, i loved those MnNuggets Chicken!! But i've never been to mcdonalds in the past few years... give or take a few nothing-to-do visits while waiting for something/-one... but the thing i miss most from McD is the McRib... with bbq-sauce... grilled meat... XD XD XD why the hell did they ever remove that from the list?! ( though i hear in some other countries they have a McBBQ now? )

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Khaludh
    Do there exist Domino's Pizza's in your countries? That's even bigger then Pizzahut in ours... ( i've only been to a pizzahut once in my life, and that was in england )

Oh, and in holland there are many pizza-delivering services, but mostly the american variant...
    I don't know Domino's Pizza. Perhaps there are some of this in bigger towns but I have never heard of that.

And true...the chicken mcnuggets and the McChicken aren't as good as they used to be.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Concerning pizza: I prefer italian pizza, the one and only. However, I have to admit that those US deep-dish pizzas aren't bad either.

Favourite food.....hhhmmmm.... there are too many favourites to choose one
    I like different kinds of food from all over the world, but right now I have developed a weakness for the Austrian cuisine. I could kill for a real Wiener Schnitzel

@miso: Domino's Pizza is a US-only thing. I saw several of them in D.C. and they make acceptable stuff.

The golden arches changed their chicken mc nuggets? What's different from before?
    It's been a while since my last visit
    [img width=185 height=170]http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/3782/saddam7bf9jc.gif[/img]

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I also enjoy cottage cheese... a LOT. *Eating some*

(The following is from wikipedia.)

In November 2003, McDonald's switched to using all white meat for McNuggets instead of the traditional combination of white and dark meat. This was heavily promoted as an effort to improve the item's flavor. McDonald's state that they use mechanically recovered breast meat in the production of their McNuggets. A small amount of chicken skin is recovered with the breast meat, where it in contributes flavor and juiciness to the McNugget.

At the same time that they stopped using dark meat, McDonald's announced that they were using less salt in the preparation of the McNuggets. This was recognised as an attempt to make their products healthier. However, the sodium levels listed in McDonald's nutrition facts have actually increased: from 530mg for 6 pieces between 2000–2002, to 670mg for 2003–2005.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

*thinks of the movie "supersize me" and swears to visit McDonalds never ever again*
    But I know I'm weak and my longing for junk-food is stronger

Thx for the explanation btw.
    [img width=185 height=170]http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/3782/saddam7bf9jc.gif[/img]

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, McDonalds wasn't that great a place to go to eat routinely if you're planning to stay healthy and all that. But messing with the mcnuggets did it for me XD

Scientist of Anthropology 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Predator's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    Yeah, McDonalds wasn't that great a place to go to eat routinely if you're planning to stay healthy and all that. But messing with the mcnuggets did it for me XD
    If there are McD related questions I've the same opinion as GK. I used to be their manager for two friggin months. I noticed one annoying thing - your hands start to smell like the whole production (I think those employees who made the burgers had it even worse). Now I laugh but they (McD) are a little bit pissed (they tought me all the details, but I go the easy way and leave)

Anyway, no matter how you look at it, pizza is the best modern fast-food in the world. Hotdog follows close to it.
    Speaking of pizzerias, I can say that nowadays around my parts most new bistros are pizzerias, pancake restaurants and cafes.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's also a matter of culture. Maybe the Chinese would disagree that Pizza is the best fast-food and argue that a noodle-soup is the best thing on earth. Arabs would probably vote for Falafel. Continue the list

Having said that I do prefer Pizza over McDonalds food any time

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

(Kind of off topic and kind of not - ) where are you from, asmo?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    (Kind of off topic and kind of not - ) where are you from, asmo?
    I'm from Germany, a country overrun with italian pizzerias and turkish kebap-places

New Reply
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast