Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen

Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen
    Genre: Mecha
    Production: Xebec
    Director: Atsushi Ootsuki
    Series Composition: Tatsuo Satou
    Starring: Oonishi Saori, Tsuchida Hiroshi, Ohsaka Ryota, Oohara Sayaka

The story takes place in a world where two countries, Arandas and Ingelmia, have been warring against each other for a very long time. Tokimune, a young man belonging to the eighth autonomous unit of Arandas, saves a girl named Jamie when she is attacked by enemy forces. In order to survive, he rides the new weapon Argevollen and fights.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen

Episode 1:

Humanity is at war... A special corps which acts on is independently is looking for a save route while traveling with heavy mechs... Suddenly they find a woman who is under fire but only has her job in mind and of course our way too nice male lead ignored orders and helps her... At least he got a new mech which looks kinda cool but that is it so far.

I'd say three episodes rule. Not sure if this might evolve into something good or stay at this rather generic level.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; July 03, 2014 at 08:52 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still surprised you're checking this one out.

Anyway, it was a decent first episode. Based on what you said and what members on MAL said, I was expecting something awful. Sure, the MC is generic, the plot is generic (two nations fighting for years, using mechs, etc), but I enjoyed it for what it was. I especially liked the animation quality, and mech designs look nice.

I'll also be giving this series a few more episodes before I decide to keep it or not.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    I'm still surprised you're checking this one out.
    The mech looked kinda cool...

Episode 2:

Well the main character has problems to control his mech which is nice. Way better than a badass who ha sno problems whatsoever.
    I kinda dislike his heavy panting though. Is it that exhausting to sit in a machine?

The mecha battle at the end was rather nice.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; July 11, 2014 at 12:28 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After the second episode I'm not finding myself really all invested in the story yet. I feel the overall war aspect of the plot is moving rather slowly, and I hope an event happens that will pick the pace up a bit.

I do like the CG animation in the series a lot, and one of the best integration of it I've seen in a while. And watching the mech battle at the end solidified that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky-bro
    I kinda dislike his heavy panting though. Is it that exhausting to sit in a machine?
    I imagine it's very hot in there with all the machinery and that. And having to use your thoughts to pilot the thing could become mentally taxing as well.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 3:

Red Baron reference. Every time I see one I keep thinking of Chiggy von Richthofen from Space: Above and Beyond though. :P

Still not impressed with the MC at all, being insubordinate yet again... by all rights, he should have been buried when they set the charges off. The scenario also reminded me too much of Kai 's defense of the Gash from the Lethal Heritage Battletech novel, but without any heroism, just the MC not thinking and acting on impulse...

The other thought that kept on going through my mind was... no air support at all, huh? But that would sort of wipe the floor with the way the mecha are in this universe.

New Reply