Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shuumatsu no Laughter by Tanabe Yellow

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shuumatsu no Laughter by Tanabe Yellow

Shuumatsu no Laughter
    By: Tanabe Yellow
    Genre: Fantasy, Supernatural, Action
    Serialized In: Shounen Sunday
    Publisher: Shogakukan

When corruption consumes the world, the akuma with 101 mouths shall appear. Humanity forgot about their existence, continuing to indulge in sin, until the day when the akuma arrived, and dark descended. Some continued to fight, and after seven days of struggle the akuma were destroyed. Or so they thought. Immortal men marked by the "mouth of the akuma", continue to wander the world. A man bearing the mouth of the akuma, named Godot, has blackmailed a town, extorting food and supplies, and in exchange promises not to harm the inhabitants. One day a man appears, also bearing the mouth of the akuma, accompanied only by a young girl named Haru, whom he calls his sister. Claiming to be an akuma eater, he promises to rid the town of Godot once and for all. Who is this young man, and what are his intentions? How does he plan to kill his fellow immortal, Godot?

By the Mangaka of Kekkaishi

2. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] Shuumatsu no Laughter by Tanabe Yellow

Hum, the translation of this first chapter was quite confusing and prevented me from completely enjoying this first chapter.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Estranho's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Hum, the translation of this first chapter was quite confusing and prevented me from completely enjoying this first chapter.
    Me too. There was a lot of weird sentences that made no sense to me. Sounded like a translation from Google or something like that, some phrases were very unnatural.

Really looking forward to another translation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems interesting so far, but as said the translation was a problem.

The World Eater thing looks really cool.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...I got my physical copy in the mail apparently the day after the scantlation. I haven't read the scantlation, but from the raw version the series seems to be quite good. I'm not sure whether I like it or not yet....it feels like the story is dark for the purpose of being dark. I will say it has heaps of potential, and after Tanabe's work with Kekkaishi, I'm sure she can pull it off. Sunday seems to favor it's female mangaka after all.

Sooo...should I do another translation? It sounds like the scantlation is kind of..iffy.

Please do it, if it's not a big problem for you. - Doraku
    Last edited by Doraku; November 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

8. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Doraku
    Allright folks, let's stop the discussion about the quality of translation here and start the discussion about the manga itself, shall we? I will not tolerate any more post complaining about the translation. Just click "thanks" if you want to appreciate Bomber's effort.
    Last edited by Doraku; November 24, 2012 at 10:26 PM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll do my best then. I hope to have time within the next couple of days since it's a rather loooong chapter. Of course anyone faster and or better can tackle it before me...which is usually what happens anyway. lol.

As for the chapter itself, I wonder why everyone seemed so shocked that the dude has a little sister? Are the Akuma not allowed or unable to have families?
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The nice folks at Red Hawk and Imperial Scans have just released chapter 1. Anyone looking for a better translation should head over to one of their sites.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    Hmm...I got my physical copy in the mail apparently the day after the scantlation. I haven't read the scantlation, but from the raw version the series seems to be quite good. I'm not sure whether I like it or not yet....it feels like the story is dark for the purpose of being dark. I will say it has heaps of potential, and after Tanabe's work with Kekkaishi, I'm sure she can pull it off. Sunday seems to favor it's female mangaka after all.
    I did not find the tone that much darker than Kekkaishi, at least after the Kokuboro first appeared. While she always maintained a healthy ense of humor, Kekkaishi was mostly a pretty serious manga. Now that a better version is out I need to reread chapter one, but overall I think it is off to a good start.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I cannot wait to read this! Unfortunately at the moment I'm forced to use a (pretty old) laptop instead of my actual computer, which makes reading manga pretty hard. Also, I admit that at first I also thought the protagonist resembled Naruto, but looking at some of the first chapter's pages lowers (is that even the right verb?) the resemblence.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, pretty interesting, I guess some mangaka are quick to release their new series. I guess that little title at the end of every finishing series of looking forward to the next one really stands here.

A little over a year and another quality shounen appears from what I can see from an already awesome mangaka. It really looks promising, and the art is very significant here. I really like when shounens have a distinctive art style apart from the regular one.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Tanabe Yellow's work and I like this.
    It's rare for the first chapter to be a "part 1" though I'm certainly not complaining.
    Going off of the first chapter alone, I want to think that he wants to eat all the mouths and become some sort of super being to bring peace to the world. Perhaps?

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hated Kekkaishi, so went into this with some hesitation, and oh look it really didn't accomplish anything with the debut chapter (usually a big no-no for me) but it did make whatever happened gorgeous and interesting enough for me to want to see something proper happen in the coming weeks, so that's good enough for me to keep reading, at the least

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HalcyonDigest's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen a lot of complaints about the "pacing" but I actually really liked that the author didn't rush in with the story and instead just worked in setting up the setting and the two characters. I wasn't really keen on it at first, seemed like it would turn into a cliche action series about a demon who just fights other demons, but I have to give the author props for adding some depth to his story.
    I didn't like Kekkaishi too much and I'm typically not a Shonen Sunday fan, but this has definitely sparked my interest.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished reading the first chapter. I was really into Kekkaishi back then, so I'm always anticipating Tanabe's works. I really liked the first chapter, the art of Shuumatsu is just gorgeous and I found the design of the MC is really cool. I cannot see why some people think "Demon" is similar to Naruto at all besides the spiky hair. He's more mature and he is not as cheerful as Naruto.. I think his character is pretty dark.

As for the content itself, even though some people might be disappointed by the first chapter since it does not reveal anything much about the bigger plot, I believe it's still a good start for this Manga. The whole references about Demon, God, and Church made me think that this Manga is going to be more.. serious than Kekkaishi, and Kekkaishi is not a simple battle/action Manga, so I'm definitely looking forward to read the next chapter.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Spiky yellow hairs, an hairband and a mark on the cheek, isn't that normal to think of Naruto with just a cover image ?
    I doubt anyone said it again after having read the chapter though.
    I didn't really bad comments about the pace myself. No big fights between the 2 demons but some good introductions and mysteries.
    In particular, I'm curious to know more about demon and time. The coment he made when looking at his watch intriguated me.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast