Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yamamoto-taichou's strength

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamamoto-taichou's strength

I dont Know if this was a post in the past but i like to hear your opinions.

The head captin of the shinigami how strong do you guys think he is????

I mean like do you think if Ichigo was in mask mode and lets say he can hold that state for longer than afew mins. lets say 15min. and went head to head, would he(number 1)still win and if he does win, does he win wit ease or does Ichigo give him trouble???

I dont know what to think, 2 captins both wit duel zanpaktou(might have missed spelled) where not sure if they could win..................and if my memory serves me right in the manga they were sure that victory was not an option.

I aslo think that the haed captin is a bad guy some sort of twist is gonna happen.

edited topictitle to be a bit more precise ~ttx
    Corrected the name. ^^ Yamato is from Naruto, Yamamoto is from Bleach. ~ WL

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member qwan3356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yamato-taichou's strength

i think Ichigo in Masked form would give him trouble, but i'm going to guess that with Ichigo's current state (only knowing one attack) Yamato would win.
    As far as how strong he is, If he puts fear in all the rest of the captains and all, i think that tells you he is pretty strong. I don't think Kenpachi(might have spelled that wrong but u get the idea) would follow a weak person you know.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats true but the problem i got wit Yamato is If your that strong why not go and handle Azien yourself. All the trouble Azien caused and you still dont get your hands dirty. That bugs me, in soul society you had three of your captin leave not just leave but cause a major ruckus, and on top of that Azien has like world domination plans.

If your a leader why not set the pace and go with your captins to earth or to the hollow world.

I guess Bleach would be a short series if that happen.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamato claims that Ukitake and Shunsui are the most powerful captains among all those within Seireitei. However, the two of them are outmatched when he uses just his initial release.

Kenpachi dispatched Komamura and Tosen single-handedly and he looks up to General Yamato. As previously seen, Kenpachi doesn't respect just anyone.

Finally, Yamato is also in my eyes somewhat like the Kage in Naruto, the head of all of Seireitei. Just like the Hokage in Naruto never leaves the village on a mission even though they are the strongest ninja Yamato doesn't just leave Seireitei since he has to protect it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Ukitake and Kyouraku still had their bankai to use (though Yamamoto could use bankai as well). The main difference was that Ukitake and Kyouraku had no killing intent whatsoever towards Yamamoto, while Yamamoto seemed quite pissed off at them... It might not mean that Ukitake and Kyouraku might have won, but it's a difference that should be taken into account...

And as far as Kenpachi goes: he too is one of the stronger captains in SS. Just picture him with a shikai.

...why not bankai? Because I firmly believe that if Kenpachi were to ever achieve bankai, the entire universe would just explode.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Paz42's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yamamoto-taichou's strength

I agree with Taniquetil here

In that Yamamoto is like the kage from Naruto in that he is the strongest of amongst the shinigami and so there for would never leave soul society unless they really really had to and lets not forget that he founded the shinigami school so he well respected aswell.

Also Ukitake and Kyouraku could still have some form of respect there their old teacher and would have held back slightly but i still think that he has alot of power i mean, he looks like an ancient profet but he has a really youthful and strong looking body.

Just as a side note id like to say that i hope we get to see his bankai cos god his shikai was cool and also as Cyven says Kenpachi with a released sword dear lord i think i would run and hide just from the though lol.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Vegetoacs's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

We cant forget that Kenpachi's sword *is* released. It's a full-time shikai release. However, the difference in power between knowing the name of his sword and not knowing it is considerable, much like Zangetsu said to Ichigo when he learnt Getsuga Tenshou. The other thing that would come with a shikai is ability. I think Kenpachi will probably be one of soul society's ace's, given his ridiculous state. Although at current, ichigo could defeat him in a flash. As powerful as kenpachi is, i believe he will require bankai at some point, possibly to defeat one of the ex captains.

As for Yamato, the fact that Aizen retreats back to Huneo Mundo and builds and army rather than slowly attempt to take each one out. This must mean that Yamato is considerably stronger given that aizen cannot just kill him with shinigami powers alone. Although one tier of storyline we're forgetting about here is that soul society's governing body is a monarchy. We have *no* idea what goes on in their situation, or even why aizen is after them....

Anyway, ive gone ridiculously off topic for large bits there.

Yamato is indeed powerful, and i'm pretty sure we cant comprehend *powerful* on his level. His shikai alone would give people new to bankai a great challenge. One interesting point will be his proficeny in the other forms of combat. He seems to mostly be a sworded warrior, but we know nothing of his abilities in demon arts, or even hand to hand combat.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member spactaa's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure old yama mastered all of the kudo, he is like the oldest captain, and a sensei.
    And if he doesn't go to hueco mundo all by himself, it's because he is "just" a death god, there is an army out there, with vasto lorde arancars, it's impossible for only one person. Moreover I don't think a super strong death god can be stronger than a super strong arrancar, or vaizard, or there would be no point in merging a shinigami with a hollow. Aizen told it, a shinigami got a limit that training cannot surpass, yamamoto must be at this limit.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member naru_naru's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i think its the short time it takes ichigo to learn things that alarms everyone, and so long as he has the reiatsu to back it up he can be a serious player. looking at the comments made by some of the captians about ban-kai; seems that it is something that takes ages to learn, and reaching ban-kai is like fulfilling your potential. however this isnt the case for ichigo, which begs the question how strong can he get?

there's alot to be explored in bleach and ichigo's abilities. unlike the older shinigamis ichigo hasnt mastered his zanpaktou and therefore is not fighting at his full potential. ichigo really isnt ready to fight them yet.

in terms of yamamoto's strength; it hasnt been explored fully but one thing is certian he has fully masterd his zanpaktou and the results are scary.

i said zanpaktou as it seems that each zanpaktou has its own style so by mastering their zanpaktou they master their style.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetoacs
    We cant forget that Kenpachi's sword *is* released. It's a full-time shikai release. However, the difference in power between knowing the name of his sword and not knowing it is considerable, much like Zangetsu said to Ichigo when he learnt Getsuga Tenshou. The other thing that would come with a shikai is ability. I think Kenpachi will probably be one of soul society's ace's, given his ridiculous state. Although at current, ichigo could defeat him in a flash. As powerful as kenpachi is, i believe he will require bankai at some point, possibly to defeat one of the ex captains.

As for Yamato, the fact that Aizen retreats back to Huneo Mundo and builds and army rather than slowly attempt to take each one out. This must mean that Yamato is considerably stronger given that aizen cannot just kill him with shinigami powers alone. Although one tier of storyline we're forgetting about here is that soul society's governing body is a monarchy. We have *no* idea what goes on in their situation, or even why aizen is after them....

Yamato is indeed powerful, and i'm pretty sure we cant comprehend *powerful* on his level. His shikai alone would give people new to bankai a great challenge. One interesting point will be his proficeny in the other forms of combat. He seems to mostly be a sworded warrior, but we know nothing of his abilities in demon arts, or even hand to hand combat.
    How could it be released when he couldn't even hear it, let alone know it's name? He didn't even know it had a name.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Zangetsu teach him the difference between knowing the name of the *attack*, rather than the zanpakuto?

Kenpachi said his sword was always "released", but since he's never even experienced actual shikai or bankai due to him not knowing his zanpakutoh's name, he's hardly an expert on the matter.

I think Kenpachi means by "released", that it's already at "full power" (in Kenpachi's mind, since Kenpachi fights without drawing strength from his zanpakuto).

Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to know the name of your zanpakutou to release it.
    The difference between knowing and not knowing the name of an attack is the "second stage" after knowing your zanpakutous name, if you want to call it that.

---> Kenpachis Zanpakutou isn't released, he just said it would be...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't he say something like, "It doesn't have a name. This is it's fully released state."
    When in actuality, it's not released at all, and he just couldn't hear it crying out to him?

Country
    Cuba
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetoacs

we do know something , he put the sister of hitsugaya to sleep whit only one hand up, and sying nor a word, he domains bakudo a tleast

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamamoto is probably the strongest shinigami in Soul Society, being more then a match for any two captains. You would probably need three to really feel confident about having a chance against him. He has mastered shunpo it seems, perhaps not the the extent as Yoruichi or Sui Fong, but he is better then Ukitake and Shunsui. Ukitake being much faster then byakuya ( he grabbed his hand stoping his shikai attack and byakuya couldnt do anything about it).

His soul slayer also has the advantage of being one of the most destructive. Dodging and blocking his attacks wouldnt be as simple as just blocking his sword. The vey presence of his sword caught all of his surroundings on fire.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast