Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jyuubi = Lame?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: jyuubi = lame?

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Looks legit...

Although I'am inclined to say that Kishi retconned the Juubi's appearence anyway, considering during Obito's Rikudou tales it had a completely different body shape.

http://mangafox.me/manga/naruto/v50/c467/14.html

It used to have a slim humanoid shape while now its more like some kind of fat blob which drags itself forward by using its arms.

http://mangafox.me/manga/naruto/v63/c610/8.html

Kind of reminds me of these old fellas:
    http://www.japan.ea.com/archive/dk2/...bile_demon.jpg
    Exactly, exactly.
    Great perception (=

Fact: Juubi got rusty over the years. It is now out of shape.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Exactly, exactly.
    Great perception (=

Fact: Juubi got rusty over the years. It is now out of shape.
    The Juubi not being in it's perfect form could actually explain why it looks like a piece of Play Dough. there might be an imbalance due to the lack of both the 8 and 9 tails that makes it.....well unstable.
    Anyho, out of shape Bijus do look silly :P
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I do belive Kyuubi is way cooler but that is because Kyuubi has a mind somehing that Juubi was not allowed to have and because we had Kyuubi for a long time now.

Now lame? No way. We need to keep in mind it is missing the 8 tails and 9 tails. Those are part of its mind/spirit/chakra...

The 9 tails has as much as the 1 trough 8 tails if we go with "it needs to be sealed last to keep balance" thing.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't it speedblitz Hachibi and Kyuubi? The design sucks, but nothing shows it's overrated so far. Maybe it's how Imperfect Juubi looks, maybe Perfect Juubi looks better, like Cell from DBZ.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Juubi is what he was supposed to be.
    I don't think that he's imperfect in any way; but yeah his appearance is not that good. Kishimoto could have done better. LOL

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    I think the Juubi is what he was supposed to be.
    I don't think that he's imperfect in any way; but yeah his appearance is not that good. Kishimoto could have done better. LOL
    he is obviously incomplete.

Thing of the 9 tails (random example) 8 tails and he looks like this:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/439/13

Now that is just 1 tails in diference. Now imagine the 9 tails at 6 tails... Its this:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/438

It is going with a host but still... The 10 tails is missing the most powerfull parts of its power. The 8 and 9 tails. The 9 tails ALONE and = 1 trough 8 tails in chakra (the balance stuff and why it needed to be captured last as stated in part 1). Of course the 10 tails even using 1 trough 7 is more powerfull then the Kyuubi but still.

If it is or not completed its a BIG question. If this is how it should look when at 100% is another ? mark.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post

Now that is just 1 tails in diference. Now imagine the 9 tails at 6 tails... Its this:

It is going with a host but still... The 10 tails is missing the most powerfull parts of its power. The 8 and 9 tails. The 9 tails ALONE and = 1 trough 8 tails in chakra (the balance stuff and why it needed to be captured last as stated in part 1). Of course the 10 tails even using 1 trough 7 is more powerfull then the Kyuubi but still.

If it is or not completed its a BIG question. If this is how it should look when at 100% is another ? mark.
    This makes sense but the Kyuubi was slowly built up adding layer after layer, it goes from smaller to larger. Juubi is fat, or maybe it's filled with Madara's hot air.
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post

Good reminder. Although that's not quite the same thing, I guess the concept is very much the same.

On the other hand, I wonder if Madara can defeat a fully revived Juubi on his own.
    Despite all the power he has gathered, I'd say he's still nowhere near the level the Sage of The Six Paths was at.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MrSteel's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

In terms of looks, i don't think the jubi is lame. It is as it was described as in the manga, it's a monster though i guess if i should use my imagination i guess kiishi could have made it into a dragon or something (dragons normally look cool ^^)

P.S : To anyone who reads this I'm new here and glad to be a part of the mangahelpers family, love this website mostly because of blackjack's naruto reviews, insights and how people share idea's and opinions.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrSteel View Post
    In terms of looks, i don't think the jubi is lame. It is as it was described as in the manga, it's a monster though i guess if i should use my imagination i guess kiishi could have made it into a dragon or something (dragons normally look cool ^^)

P.S : To anyone who reads this I'm new here and glad to be a part of the mangahelpers family, love this website mostly because of blackjack's naruto reviews, insights and how people share idea's and opinions.
    Welcome!

Also yes, that is the point. To look like a monster. Gues people don't like the "blob" look it has What fat dudes can't look evil?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The concept of the Juubi reminds me a lot of Samurai Troopers. In Samurai Troopers, there was an ancient, evil entity defeated by a mystical monk at the dawn of civilization. While the evil entity was banished to where it came, it left behind the mystical armor it wore when it terrorized the living world. Knowing the evil could not be killed, only delayed, the monk took the mystical armor and divided it into nine sacred armors that could be used to defend Earth when the evil entity was revived.

Sound familiar? It's not like the nine bijuu originated from some ancient, evil entity and...The principle is the same for both series, the difference being the details.

Unlike the armors (or bijuu in this case), Juubi probably wasn't planned from the get-go. The impression Juubi gives me is that it was added late in the story to give some fluff to the Narutoverse's world mythology. It's long overdue credence to the shafted jinchuuriki subplot. (It's like the author remembered all of a sudden there was a story outside of the Uchiha plot for once and wanted to write it in before moving onto the final Uchiha-centric arc.)

More importantly, there is no sense of foreboding with the Juubi. While we know it's a world threat, it is not the final threat. Unlike the evil entity being the final villain (?) in Samurai Troopers, we know there'll be more chapters after this fiasco since Sasuke and Oro are looming threats. Heck, you just need to look at a previous villain, Pein, to see the pattern. Just as the Juubi is hyped as a world threat, so too was Pein. He had a massive build-up that went on for several hundred chapters and even had a couple of subplots attached to the character, yet all that came crashing down with the introduction of Tobi, and any chance Pein had of coming out of the heap was dashed by ch. 450.

It's not hard to deduce that the writing surrounding the major villains is lousy and lame.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I still don't understand how the Jyuubi looks like nothing similar to the Gedo Mazo.

Kishimoto screwing around again...

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

One could argue that its appearance is due to it being imperfect, as it doesn't have the entire Kyuubi and Hachibi chakra. Kyuubi and Hachibi probably make up majority of its chakra, if what some characters say is true, so while the Juubi has more chakra than either free bijuu, it doesn't have its normal amount, leading it to look like a monster. It's how Cell looked horrible as Imperfect Cell but wasn't an eyesore after he became perfect.

Just a guess though. Not entirely sure if chakra can actually do that, but maybe Kishi's paying homage to Dragon Ball Z. As if he wasn't already doing that.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    I still don't understand how the Jyuubi looks like nothing similar to the Gedo Mazo.

Kishimoto screwing around again...
    The original Juubi portrayed in front of Rikudo Sennin is also nothing resembling the Gedo Mazo, so, we have to live with that

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sanga Au79's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think people are looking at it in the wrong light. If the Gedo Mazo was the Juubi relieved of it's chakra in the form of the other tailed beasts why would it would transform upward into a more humanoid form?? if anything the Rikudo Sennin becoming it's host could have generated that model after splitting it up. As far as being incomplete, Madara doesnt seem worried and Obito seemed okay with that makeshift plan for obtaining 8 and 9 tails chakra.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast