Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 121 Discussion/122 Predictions

  1. #16
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 121 Discussion/122 Predictions

    Well, those devils are surely interesting. Damn, I can't wait for next week.

    TOG always keeps me wondering the whole week :P
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 121 Discussion/122 Predictions

    Every week we get a good chapter and learn a little more, I have to say I love this writer. Can't wait until we get to the factory round. I wonder if Koon will know immediately who Baam is when he sees him. Wonder how this right arm devil guy will tie into the story. His outfit reminded me of FUG only the part around the collar.

  4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #18
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 121 Discussion/122 Predictions

    What I love about SIU is that He's humble about this marvelous piece of work. And He always tells you something more, hints and the afterwords. It's like being a kid in a bed waiting for your father to tell you a great story every week.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #19
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hestia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 121 Discussion/122 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    What I love about SIU is that He's humble about this marvelous piece of work. And He always tells you something more, hints and the afterwords. It's like being a kid in a bed waiting for your father to tell you a great story every week.
    Afterwards are awesome, I loved when he gave the info on all the family heads and other important characters. And gives us hints, like how a family head will be in this new arch. (I believe the family head will be leader of the 30th floor). He already confirmed my suspicions in this afterwards that Horyang has a connection with the workshop.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #20
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marina Del Rey, CA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 121 Discussion/122 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I wonder if Casano's named for Antonio Cassano, an Italian footballer. After all, Koon (Kun) is named for Sergio Kun Aguero.

    ---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

    I did find it interesting that the true Devil thing is connected to the "lobster" that Viole has.
    Yeah, I'm rather curious about that red exoskeleton that baam has hidden away. Also I'm still waiting for an explanation about why those exploding pokeballs hurt him so much.

    ---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

    Three things...

    -New Devil of the right hand? and THIS is the one that beat up Baam's friend? Is everyone with that wing on their back called that?
    -Why did Baam's new team happen to stumble upon that photo at the same time as Koon's team?
    -And come on Baam! have an open fight policy! Kick his ass! XD
    ThatoneGuy1277

  10. #21
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    997
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 121 Discussion/122 Predictions

    Chapter was pretty good. I liked how well Team Tangsooyook worked together throughout this exam. It's also good to see that Chang is not "just strong". Okay he is self-confident, but on the other hand he doesn't think he is some kind of god because of his title. He knew the limits of his team and himself and accepted their defeat. I don't like hyped characters getting fodderized.

    Those afterwords are always amazing. It gives me the impresson that SIU puts himself in the position of the readers, realizing what needs to be clarified or which interesting information he can give us.

    Looking forward to the next chapter.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatoneGuy1277 View Post
    -And come on Baam! have an open fight policy! Kick his ass! XD
    Baam should only kick someones ass when the situation calls for it. He did absolutely the right thing. There is need to show your abilities in a fight where you can't gain anything. This was just the logical choice, for the team and himself.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

    • ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

  11. #22
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marina Del Rey, CA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 121 Discussion/122 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Chapter was pretty good. I liked how well Team Tangsooyook worked together throughout this exam. It's also good to see that Chang is not "just strong". Okay he is self-confident, but on the other hand he doesn't think he is some kind of god because of his title. He knew the limits of his team and himself and accepted their defeat. I don't like hyped characters getting fodderized.

    Those afterwords are always amazing. It gives me the impresson that SIU puts himself in the position of the readers, realizing what needs to be clarified or which interesting information he can give us.
    Looking forward to the next chapter.


    Baam should only kick someones ass when the situation calls for it. He did absolutely the right thing. There is need to show your abilities in a fight where you can't gain anything. This was just the logical choice, for the team and himself.
    A quick jab to the throat is not needlessly fighting, it's simply displaying one's dominance in a rapid and clear nature. Now ripping out his throat maybe going to far for baam. . . Maybe.
    ThatoneGuy1277

  12. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Here & There
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 121 Discussion/122 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatoneGuy1277 View Post
    Three things...

    -New Devil of the right hand? and THIS is the one that beat up Baam's friend? Is everyone with that wing on their back called that?
    -Why did Baam's new team happen to stumble upon that photo at the same time as Koon's team?
    -And come on Baam! have an open fight policy! Kick his ass! XD
    It seems like that he is the 'real deal' and Agero is most likely going to recruit hopefully, by force. In order to piss off, Hatsu. xD He really misses the Halbok warrior. Well, the reason why they discovered Casano's photo simutaenously was due to the photo being uploaded on 'box', which seems to be like a 'facebook' for lightbearers.
    But the main question remains, on which floor are they going to encounter him? Especially for Agero's team? Are they even allowed to go on a lower floor too begin with???

    Credits:Shinsatsu

  13. #24
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marina Del Rey, CA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 121 Discussion/122 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    It seems like that he is the 'real deal' and Agero is most likely going to recruit hopefully, by force. In order to piss off, Hatsu. xD He really misses the Halbok warrior. Well, the reason why they discovered Casano's photo simutaenously was due to the photo being uploaded on 'box', which seems to be like a 'facebook' for lightbearers.
    But the main question remains, on which floor are they going to encounter him? Especially for Agero's team? Are they even allowed to go on a lower floor too begin with???
    If its a Facebook sort of thing, Wouldn't there still be millions of pictures besides that one on box? I'm not complaining since its a catalyst for moving the story forward, just saying its a bit of a coincidence. I'm curious if koons team will mistake the devil of the right hand for the one in baams group. Could be a way for them to meet up. Also lol, I bet koon its recruiting him for that reason.
    ThatoneGuy1277

  14. #25
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    997
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 121 Discussion/122 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatoneGuy1277 View Post
    A quick jab to the throat is not needlessly fighting, it's simply displaying one's dominance in a rapid and clear nature. Now ripping out his throat maybe going to far for baam. . . Maybe.
    That sounds like Baam would have an easy time fighting one of the top 5 E-Level-Regulars.

    Seriously, who really wants such boring "fights"? I really hate it when hyped opponents get fodderized. It's not that I'm always a fan of antagonists, I just prefer it when both parties have a tough fight, struggle from time to time, discover weaknesses, think about counters, strategies and so on.

    If Baam would really own Chang, the only thing we would get are 1-2 panels of Baam looking epic. Nothing more, nothing less. A long and intense fight between two more or less equal combatants (btw: Baam > Chang imo) is more fun, interesting and exciting to read, plus the fight would contain more epic moments.

    But that's how I see it. I attach great importance to interesting and strong antagonists/opponents, when reading a manga/manhwa.

    I surely have enough of promising/hyped antagonists getting stomped easily. It happens in every chapter of Fairy Tail, lol.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

    • ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

  15. #26
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 121 Discussion/122 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    It seems like that he is the 'real deal' and Agero is most likely going to recruit hopefully, by force. In order to piss off, Hatsu. xD He really misses the Halbok warrior. Well, the reason why they discovered Casano's photo simutaenously was due to the photo being uploaded on 'box', which seems to be like a 'facebook' for lightbearers.
    But the main question remains, on which floor are they going to encounter him? Especially for Agero's team? Are they even allowed to go on a lower floor too begin with???
    Well I wouldn't be surprised if they encounter him on the 29th floor, they're both currently on the 28th and about to ascend so it's not compeltely unlikely.

    Has there actually been anything mentioned about not being able to go back to floors that you've already passed? I shouldn't think it would be a problem, it's just that everyone has been so focused on ascending that they haven't really had a need to go back to previous levels.

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    That sounds like Baam would have an easy time fighting one of the top 5 E-Level-Regulars.

    Seriously, who really wants such boring "fights"? I really hate it when hyped opponents get fodderized. It's not that I'm always a fan of antagonists, I just prefer it when both parties have a tough fight, struggle from time to time, discover weaknesses, think about counters, strategies and so on.

    If Baam would really own Chang, the only thing we would get are 1-2 panels of Baam looking epic. Nothing more, nothing less. A long and intense fight between two more or less equal combatants (btw: Baam > Chang imo) is more fun, interesting and exciting to read, plus the fight would contain more epic moments.

    But that's how I see it. I attach great importance to interesting and strong antagonists/opponents, when reading a manga/manhwa.

    I surely have enough of promising/hyped antagonists getting stomped easily. It happens in every chapter of Fairy Tail, lol.
    Yeah I would actually prefer that too. Since Viole's introduction, he hasn't fought anyone on his level which is saying something given how long ago he was introduced. All of his opponents have either been much weaker than him, holding back (i.e. Teddy) or much stronger than him. Chang or some other top 5 E ranker would make for a suitable opponent imo. But then again, we don't know the how big the gap is between each of the top 5 E rankers, I mean the gap between Chang and Androssi might be huge so it wouldn't be such a big deal if Viole destroys Chang.

  16. #27
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marina Del Rey, CA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 121 Discussion/122 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Well I wouldn't be surprised if they encounter him on the 29th floor, they're both currently on the 28th and about to ascend so it's not compeltely unlikely.

    Has there actually been anything mentioned about not being able to go back to floors that you've already passed? I shouldn't think it would be a problem, it's just that everyone has been so focused on ascending that they haven't really had a need to go back to previous levels.



    Yeah I would actually prefer that too. Since Viole's introduction, he hasn't fought anyone on his level which is saying something given how long ago he was introduced. All of his opponents have either been much weaker than him, holding back (i.e. Teddy) or much stronger than him. Chang or some other top 5 E ranker would make for a suitable opponent imo. But then again, we don't know the how big the gap is between each of the top 5 E rankers, I mean the gap between Chang and Androssi might be huge so it wouldn't be such a big deal if Viole destroys Chang.
    it was stated that Chang is an A rank among E rankers. Bur thats a good question, how far is the gap between each of the top five? what if the one above Chang is an S rank? (chills)
    ThatoneGuy1277

  17. #28
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,732
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 121 Discussion/122 Predictions

    As interesting as the last few chapters have been, I'd still rather see Androssi than any of this with Quatro, Chang, or Casano.

  18. #29
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 121 Discussion/122 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatoneGuy1277 View Post
    it was stated that Chang is an A rank among E rankers. Bur thats a good question, how far is the gap between each of the top five? what if the one above Chang is an S rank? (chills)
    Chang was just stated to be top 5 of E rank Fishermen. Meaning he might not be in the top 5 E rank of Regulars. Also, keep in mind Androsi, and Ran are Fishermen. They could be S rank, one a Princess who made the finals of the E rank tournament, the other from one of the 10 families.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

  19. #30
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 121 Discussion/122 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatoneGuy1277 View Post
    If its a Facebook sort of thing, Wouldn't there still be millions of pictures besides that one on box? I'm not complaining since its a catalyst for moving the story forward, just saying its a bit of a coincidence. I'm curious if koons team will mistake the devil of the right hand for the one in baams group. Could be a way for them to meet up. Also lol, I bet koon its recruiting him for that reason.
    I imagine they were browsing uploaded pictures from the 28th floor, or something, then stubled upon a picture that had a dude similar to Teddy. Could have been like 46th picture in a row. I don't think it's something significant.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts