Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zoro' use of armament haki

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zoro' use of armament haki

i think projectiles r a little different thant the air. 1 is at least touching the user the other may or may not touch the user as the attack commences. about rayleigh scene i think it was more like the return force from the animal more than rayleigh beaming haki. we also have vergo from the current arc who apperently is a monster in BH, fighting close combat not ranged. even law "cut" him when he was near him and not from afar. these give me belief that BH cant be imbued to air.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    When rayliegh showed his haki to luffy he even used it to push back that elephant thingy
    That was nothing but Haki imbued into Rayleigh's hand in Chapter 597. Just like what Marigold did in her and Sandersonia's fight against Luffy when Marigold blocked Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Stamp in chapter 519.

If you come up with the TV show esp. Episode 516 as reason now, I'll answer with: "The anime has misinterpreted attacks regularly and still does. The last time I recall was when Toei's animators made Sanji heat up two legs for Diable Jambe instead of one in episode 555." :P

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

there is one thing that we are overlooking is technique itself, first how does the air suppose to cut things anyway, if we look in to mechanics of technique one could argue that basic of the air slash technique is usage of haki
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    there is one thing that we are overlooking is technique itself, first how does the air suppose to cut things anyway, if we look in to mechanics of technique one could argue that basic of the air slash technique is usage of haki
    easy to speculate harder to prove.

tobu zangeki, probably derived from the youkai kamaitachi so i am not putting much emphasis on haki at this point. also this has been used in many manga/wha/huas , anime and even literature before OP.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    You guys are expecting that air can be imbued with Busoshoku Haki without any explanation so far from the manga - unlike Sanji and Nami beating up Luffy which was clearly explained by Oda in the SBS as "Luffy'S DF doesn't protect him from his friends", which is just another hint that careless DF users can be completely defenseless.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Sarcasm doesn't suit you at this point because another example is the Super-floating wood as example for information from SBS concerning the CANON of the manga are 100% reliable.
    Huh ! Are you really taking SBS to this first degree ? SBS can clearly be divided in 2 sorts:
    * The serious ones
    * The joke ones
    Those above clearly belong to the joke type. I know that we have seen super floating wood later which I rather see as an homage from Oda to his SBS fans. On the contrary, the fact that Luffy can be hit by his friends contradicts so many things with regards to devil fruit than you can't really take it seriously.
    As for the bar scene, I would agree with MiyamotoMusashi. I had always problem with the fact that Logia can have a flesh form or not. I remember there was a huge debate on that aspect one day. Oda has never been clear on this aspect. If there is this bar scene which points to the flesh theory, there is also Ace having difficulty to make a hat which suggest the contrary.

Anyway, let's say that Logia have a flesh state since it is the most accepted one, can they be in a flesh state other than in their human form ? To me that is clearly impossible. Since Monet is in a snow monster form she is therefore in her element state. Then there is no question whether Zoro used haki or not.
    Also during the war, the admirals have defended the platform against Whitebeard quake waves. There is clearly no other explanation than haki for that. So it is possible to make a bubble of Armament haki in the air around you. Then why would it be impossible to imbue it into a air slash ?

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    that monster attack is infact tangible as we could see from her skirmish with robin and marines bullet hits her in that condition. about blood i must have to say i am on tashigi kept her from becoming intagible by hugging her. otherwise she would have just taken her shoulder out and zoro just used the opponents downed guard since she thought she wont be cut by him. so idont think zoro used haki in that scene.

robin destroyin her

marine bullet hits
    Monet has a solid devil fruit (like Aokiji with Ice). That's why I used flesh/element state in my previous post rather than tangible/intangible. In the case of solid logia fruits those terms are confusing. The thing is that it is possible to touch a solid devil fruit user without using haki but you don't damage him. That what happens with Robin and the soldiers but Zoro made Monet bleed and only haki can explain that.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Monet has a solid devil fruit (like Aokiji with Ice). That's why I used flesh/element state in my previous post rather than tangible/intangible. In the case of solid logia fruits those terms are confusing. The thing is that it is possible to touch a solid devil fruit user without using haki but you don't damage him. That what happens with Robin and the soldiers but Zoro made Monet bleed and only haki can explain that.
    you may be right about the misuse of in/tangible but your flesh post came later so cut me some slack

also why r we omitting tashigi haki? she is using haki in that scene. otherwise monet will just leaves her as she has done before. so i must have to say i am not so sure zoro did anything other than a slash but tashigi's haki made it possible for him to cut. i will also say the cut would have been much deeper if it were zoro. i hypotize his haki is much stronger than tashigi's.

about the bubble scene the admirals created there is some sort of discrepancy. the 1st scene seems they have a giant sphere in which they protected the execution platform. on the other scene it seems like they r touching it. i will say the 1st airview scene may be a mistake and consider they touch the water as in close-up and circulating their haki through it. but i seriosly would like an explanation about haki before long these suppositions makes ppls head spin....
    Last edited by cearon; December 04, 2012 at 09:55 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't know about the possibility of ibuduing CoA Haki in air. I think we should wait for the clearer confirmation from the manga. But if we talk about what move Zoro used on Monet to wound her face... Well, when I was first reading a manga, I just thought that he used some small piece of stone or ice, imbuded it with CoA and threw it in Monet.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member frontaLobotomy's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it looked fairly obvious that Zoro could imbue his slashes with haki, due to the damage on Monet's cheek that didn't recover. We saw evidence of airborn haki doing damage to physical objects back when Shanks boarded Whitebeard's ship. It may be a special skill that is linked with haoshoku, and I'm of the opinion that Zoro has it.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2