Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Traffy or Barty

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trafalgar Law

2 28.57%
  • Bartholomew Kuma

5 71.43%
New Reply

Thread: Trafalgar Law vs. Bartholomew Kuma

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Trafalgar Law vs. Bartholomew Kuma

The fight takes place at Enies Lobby

Trafalgar Law vs. Bartholomew Kuma

Shichibukai vs. Shichibukai

Room vs. Push

Begin!!!
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trafalgar Law vs. Bartholomew Kuma

Two of the most hax abilities in the manga. I give this to Law. We've seen more from him, in terms of haki. And I'm not sure how Kuma would push his ability.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I would give this to Kuma.

Seriously he could just blitz away from the room or push it away (if he can push the pain and fatigues why not rooms ?). And all he need is one touch to end this fight. His ability is even more hax than Law's.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I would go with Kuma. His ability is just beyond hax.
    He seems too stronger and more experienced with his ability and overall than Law. Kuma is also way more durable than Law.
    Also as we know Kuma only needs one touch...

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I would go with Kuma. His ability is just beyond hax.
    He seems too stronger and more experienced with his ability and overall than Law. Kuma is also way more durable than Law.
    Also as we know Kuma only needs one touch...
    I'm not sure about Kuma being more durable. And the reality is that we've seen that Law's ability is capable of dismantling pretty much anything, even Vergo's extremely high level of armament was insufficient to stop Law. They both have the capacity to end the battle with single attacks. Kuma has his speed, but Law has his teleportation within his room, and that ability extends to everything around him including Kuma. Nothing has been shown to suggest that Kuma has sufficiently impressive Haki to withstand Law's ability. For me that is what gives the match to Law. Unless you have a DF that makes Law's ability completely ineffective, or have such ridiculous Haki that his ability becomes ineffective, you're probably going to lose.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    I'm not sure about Kuma being more durable. And the reality is that we've seen that Law's ability is capable of dismantling pretty much anything, even Vergo's extremely high level of armament was insufficient to stop Law. They both have the capacity to end the battle with single attacks. Kuma has his speed, but Law has his teleportation within his room, and that ability extends to everything around him including Kuma. Nothing has been shown to suggest that Kuma has sufficiently impressive Haki to withstand Law's ability. For me that is what gives the match to Law. Unless you have a DF that makes Law's ability completely ineffective, or have such ridiculous Haki that his ability becomes ineffective, you're probably going to lose.
    But Kuma's teleportation ability has been shown faster than anything we've seen. He could literally just appear here and then there
    Law's ability was not shown nearly that fast, first he needs to set his room then draw his sword and then slash. By that time he would be chilling in the moon. I'm also pretty sure he can just push his room away easily.

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    But Kuma's teleportation ability has been shown faster than anything we've seen. He could literally just appear here and then there
    Law's ability was not shown nearly that fast, first he needs to set his room then draw his sword and then slash. By that time he would be chilling in the moon. I'm also pretty sure he can just push his room away easily.
    That's a common misconception. Kuma's ability is not teleportation, what he does is uses his DF to propel himself. The speed is impressive, but it is not as fast as you suggest. There is a big difference between propulsion and teleportation. Law should be more than capable of utilising his ability in the time that Kuma propels himself forward, and takes a swing. As for Kuma pushing Law's room, if he is in fact able to push the room away while he is within it, then Kuma is probably more likely to be the winner. However, I'm not totally convinced that he would be able to accomplish this with ease.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    That's a common misconception. Kuma's ability is not teleportation, what he does is uses his DF to propel himself. The speed is impressive, but it is not as fast as you suggest. There is a big difference between propulsion and teleportation. Law should be more than capable of utilising his ability in the time that Kuma propels himself forward, and takes a swing. As for Kuma pushing Law's room, if he is in fact able to push the room away while he is within it, then Kuma is probably more likely to be the winner. However, I'm not totally convinced that he would be able to accomplish this with ease.
    Yes he does propel himself, however, the speed in which he does this appear as if he is teleporting. When he appeared out of nowhere behind the perona, even Nami was shocked at how strangely he appeared there without sound or sense. Law has shown to take a lot of time to actually prepare his ability and slashes someone. While in Kuma's case even Zoro couldn't comprehend the speed in which he appears and disappear. Such speed feat was never seen before (with the possible exception of Kizaru). Especially considering this speed is matched by a just as fast reflexes.

As for pushing rooms, well, he pushed several things that lack palpability such as pain, fatigues, ghost and air. Surely he can push rooms which would seem more logical than pushing pain.

New Reply