Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Whitebeard Commanders vs. Impel Down Alliance

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Whitebeard Commanders vs. Impel Down Alliance

    All characters are as they are in their peak appearance...

    "Phoenix" Marco
    "Fire Fist" Ace
    "Diamond" Jozu
    "Flower Sword" Vista
    "Hammer Space" Blamenco
    "Living Flail" Rakuyo
    "Shark Tooth" Namur
    "Strongman" Blenheim
    "Great Gunner" Curiel
    "Iron Gauntlet" Kingdew
    "Moe-Sword" Haruta
    "Water Buffalo" Atmos
    "Speed" Jiru
    "Flaming Katana" Fossa
    "Okama Samurai" Izo

    vs.

    "Strawhat" Luffy
    "Mr. 0" Crocodile
    "First Son of the Sea" Jinbe
    "Okama Queen" Ivanakov
    "Crab Chan" Inuzuma
    "Supa-Man" Daz Bones
    "Clown Pirate" Buggy
    "Wax-Man" Galdino
    "Mr. 2" Bon Kurei
    "Amazon Empress" Hancock


    ========================================================

    Fight Takes Place In The Frozen Marine Ford Bay...

    No Prior Affiliation Considered... They all fight like enemies...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

  2. #2
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitebeard Commanders vs. Impel Down Alliance

    I don't see how this battle goes anyway other than for the Whitebeard Commanders. They have the most powerful combatant, and they outnumber the Impel Down Alliance. The individuals listed between Inuzuma and Hancock aren't operating anywhere near the level of the Commanders, and they constitute almost half of the team.

  3. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitebeard Commanders vs. Impel Down Alliance

    The difference in total military strength is too great in this match-up. The only fighters worth mentioning for Impel Down are Crocodile, Jinbe, Luffy, and Hancock. You could have the list of Whitebeard Captains in half, and they'd still stomp.

  4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitebeard Commanders vs. Impel Down Alliance

    Well, I for one think the trick is "in their peak appearance"... And in Luffy's group, there's two Haoushoku users, and as Luffy is predestined to become the Strongest of the Strongest anyways, the latter two parts will save their victory.

    On the other hand, there were WB commanders that weren't shown that strong. Such as Blamenco, Rakuyo, Namur, Curiel, Atmos, and Jiru.

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitebeard Commanders vs. Impel Down Alliance

    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Well, I for one think the trick is "in their peak appearance"... And in Luffy's group, there's two Haoushoku users, and as Luffy is predestined to become the Strongest of the Strongest anyways, the latter two parts will save their victory.

    On the other hand, there were WB commanders that weren't shown that strong. Such as Blamenco, Rakuyo, Namur, Curiel, Atmos, and Jiru.
    They weren't shown that strong because they were fighting people who were just THAT strong. Beside, Marco, Jozu, Ace and Vista alone can most likely dominate this fight (assuming Marco alone wouldn't solo all of Impel Down Alliance, seeing as how he is physically immortal against Haki or no Haki).

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #6
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitebeard Commanders vs. Impel Down Alliance

    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Well, I for one think the trick is "in their peak appearance"... And in Luffy's group, there's two Haoushoku users, and as Luffy is predestined to become the Strongest of the Strongest anyways, the latter two parts will save their victory.

    On the other hand, there were WB commanders that weren't shown that strong. Such as Blamenco, Rakuyo, Namur, Curiel, Atmos, and Jiru.
    Considering that you seem to consider SBS stuff as canon, then all the WB commanders are equal in strength, stated by Oda himself... So you got 15 fighters at the level of Marco, in front of what ? Luffy, Croco, Jinbe, Ivankov, Hancock only... Seems settled to me

  10. #7
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitebeard Commanders vs. Impel Down Alliance

    Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    All characters are as they are in their peak appearance...

    "Phoenix" Marco
    "Fire Fist" Ace
    "Diamond" Jozu
    "Flower Sword" Vista
    "Hammer Space" Blamenco
    "Living Flail" Rakuyo
    "Shark Tooth" Namur
    "Strongman" Blenheim
    "Great Gunner" Curiel
    "Iron Gauntlet" Kingdew
    "Moe-Sword" Haruta
    "Water Buffalo" Atmos
    "Speed" Jiru
    "Flaming Katana" Fossa
    "Okama Samurai" Izo

    vs.

    "Strawhat" Luffy
    "Mr. 0" Crocodile
    "First Son of the Sea" Jinbe
    "Okama Queen" Ivanakov
    "Crab Chan" Inuzuma
    "Supa-Man" Daz Bones
    "Clown Pirate" Buggy
    "Wax-Man" Galdino
    "Mr. 2" Bon Kurei
    "Amazon Empress" Hancock


    ========================================================

    Fight Takes Place In The Frozen Marine Ford Bay...

    No Prior Affiliation Considered... They all fight like enemies...
    I don't quite see how this fight isn't heavily leaning towards the commanders. The most positive scenario for the impel down guys is that luffy has his post time skip strength however even in that scenario the commanders outclass and outnumber the ID folks. The only ones worth a damn in the ID crew are crocodile (a logia with attacks that cover a wide area of effect and dehydratation is not quite something which you can oppose through strength), jinbe, hancock and ivankov. Inazuma is in a rather ambiguous location in terms of strength, he could be anywhere between shichibukai and fodder. Post time luffy would obviously be a huge asset however not enough to actually turn the tide. Then we have daz bones who is objectively weak and would get fodderized by any commander, galdino, bon kurei and buggy who don't match up to daz. If we are talking about pre time skip luffy then he simply gets fodderized by any commander too.

  11. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitebeard Commanders vs. Impel Down Alliance

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    They weren't shown that strong because they were fighting people who were just THAT strong. Beside, Marco, Jozu, Ace and Vista alone can most likely dominate this fight (assuming Marco alone wouldn't solo all of Impel Down Alliance, seeing as how he is physically immortal against Haki or no Haki).
    Well, Marco is one thing, sure. He's got Busoshoku skills and a flying mythical zoan which heals almost every injury - but still the power is limited at some point as it's a Zoan. Jozu is able to use Busoshoku, too, as seen when he rams Crocodile. Vista is confirmed Buso user, too. But even though Oda said, that they're all "equal in strength" IIRC somewhere in Vol. 59's SBS'(?), that doesn't say anything about them being equal in skills or that they have the equal chances. As seen when Marco and Vista were going after Akainu who considered them as problems (ch.575) and later overwhelmed Curiel like nothing (ch.579) just like Ivankov and Inazuma (Ch.578).

    As much as we know, Ace never used Busoshoku nor did he have control over his Haoushoku, not even in his peak.

    And Namur should be stronger than Jinbe? I beg you: Jinbe is strong enough for two commanders at once if not three. It's also funny that some seem to look at Daz being fodder just because he was overwhelmed by Zoro in Arabasta and taken out quickly by Mihawk.

    BTW. Hancock came out of the War without a single scratch, an we're talking about Luffy in his peak appearance which we haven't seen yet nor are we going to until he overpowers Akainu and Blackbeard, and in that case, Luffy could take on all commanders at once just as Akainu did in Marineford.
    Last edited by hoeru; December 04, 2012 at 06:36 PM.

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #9
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitebeard Commanders vs. Impel Down Alliance

    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    BTW. Hancock came out of the War without a single scratch, an we're talking about Luffy in his peak appearance which we haven't seen yet nor are we going to until he overpowers Akainu and Blackbeard, and in that case, Luffy could take on all commanders at once just as Akainu did in Marineford.
    If we haven't seen it, it's not peak appearance.

  14. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitebeard Commanders vs. Impel Down Alliance

    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Well, Marco is one thing, sure. He's got Busoshoku skills and a flying mythical zoan which heals almost every injury - but still the power is limited at some point as it's a Zoan. Jozu is able to use Busoshoku, too, as seen when he rams Crocodile. Vista is confirmed Buso user, too. But even though Oda said, that they're all "equal in strength" IIRC somewhere in Vol. 59's SBS'(?), that doesn't say anything about them being equal in skills or that they have the equal chances. As seen when Marco and Vista were going after Akainu who considered them as problems (ch.575) and later overwhelmed Curiel like nothing (ch.579) just like Ivankov and Inazuma (Ch.578).

    As much as we know, Ace never used Busoshoku nor did he have control over his Haoushoku, not even in his peak.

    And Namur should be stronger than Jinbe? I beg you: Jinbe is strong enough for two commanders at once if not three. It's also funny that some seem to look at Daz being fodder just because he was overwhelmed by Zoro in Arabasta and taken out quickly by Mihawk.

    BTW. Hancock came out of the War without a single scratch, an we're talking about Luffy in his peak appearance which we haven't seen yet nor are we going to until he overpowers Akainu and Blackbeard, and in that case, Luffy could take on all commanders at once just as Akainu did in Marineford.
    I don't think Oda said they all are on equal level, i just read the SBS not too long ago he said that the rank and the division they command doesn't indicate their power.
    As far as we know Marco was never seconded to anyone, his power has no limit and even if it did, he never showed any signs of such thing. He is seen as invincible unless his power is nullified. The same goes for Jozu who nothing can penetrate his diamond skin.

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitebeard Commanders vs. Impel Down Alliance

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    If we haven't seen it, it's not peak appearance.
    Of course it is.

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    konoha.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,974
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitebeard Commanders vs. Impel Down Alliance

    this fight isn't fair, the commanders got the upper hand from the beggining to the end..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

  19. #13
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Whitebeard Commanders vs. Impel Down Alliance

    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Of course it is.
    Then describe this peak that you are talking about... Start with Luffys peak appearance.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts