Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Magi 165 Discussion

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi 165 Discussion

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Magi.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Shadowriver's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 165 Spoiler Thread

Chapter is out

http://reader.sense-scans.com/reader.../15/165/page/1

Told you guys Chancellor is not so bad as people think Just don't like "Goi" (which is kind of evil)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter!

It was obvious he was going to help Titus, though. Titus is a gifted magician attending his academy, who wants to continue doing so despite his short life span. Titus fell in love with being alive and learning about magic, which are things that Magomett cares about deeply. If Titus was a goi, then the conversation would have been very different. I really admire Ohtaka-sensei for making Magomett so multifaceted.

Scheherezade is turning out to be really cold-hearted! And she's doing so too, all for the sake of the Laem Empire. I wonder what her king candidate(s) are like for her to be so ruthless. And what's even more epic is the fact that she sees the Kou Empire as a rival. Someone on tumblr mentioned this could lead to a bloody three way war between Kou, Laem, and Sindria. Thoughts? I want to know what Aladdin is going to do once he finds out Magnoshtatt is going to fall either to the Kou or to Laem.

Lastly, the way Sinbad's prologue is being pushed makes me wonder if its going to be an important part of Magi's story. I mean, Al-Sarmen don't call him the "First Class Singularity" for nothing. I was surprised to see his birth being sensed all over the world (omg Gyokuen's facial expression was priceless ).

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Really good chapter!
    I liked how Scheherezade is doing all this for the sake of Laem Empire. At first I expected her to be all sweet and nice but she is pretty badass like all the other Magi. I sorta wish we could continue with the story instead of Sinbad's prologue. Hopefully it will bring importance with the present plot.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Love this chapter Chancellor really cares about Magicians but I can't love him on how he handle people who aren't Magicians... So next chapter focus on Sinbad's prologue which I think is epic or we can see another chapter like this that the prologue is on the last pages? either way it is going to be great

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!! you fuck it rolled the chapter Shinobu!! Just what i have expected from Titus using stones to communicate and not sealing, the stones really are to seal her power and can talk each other. Good you get out of that.

Man, i wonder how Sinbad make it to get through Al Sarmen's menace all his childhood.

About the chap, yep... good thing the oldman saving Titus from fall into depravation, it goes with his whole character. It's going to be interesting his decision... so i hope war xd

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tobeulp View Post
    Love this chapter Chancellor really cares about Magicians but I can't love him on how he handle people who aren't Magicians... So next chapter focus on Sinbad's prologue which I think is epic or we can see another chapter like this that the prologue is on the last pages? either way it is going to be great
    I don't think Sinbad's prologue or past will be part of the next chapter... it seems like an advertisement about a special volume Ohtaka's making

GREAT GREAT CHAPTER!!!
    I love how Ohtaka included that flesh-thingy to illustrate how Titus originated from Scheherazade I seen many stories of clones from other anime/manga, but I think this is the first time I've seen how it was done

I really thought Scheherazade was a kind and gentle Magi, but it seems like we've made conclusions too early. I think she's being really cold-hearted and sly, doing as far as creating Titus just to investigate Mogamett and Magnoshutatt. But those are just a part of her, and I still admire her for her love to the Laem Empire.

And a special volume about Sinbad?? Oh how I wish I have money to buy one! (but I'll leave to those kind-hearted fellows who will upload it in the net someday )

YUNAN! YUNAN! YUNAN! It would have been great if Yunan's king candidate is Sinbad...

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 165 Discussion/166 Predictions

The chapter is good. Honestly Mogammet is the most unpredictable character in Magi for me. Sometimes he can be an asshole, but the other time he feels like a strong father figure. Titus is a part of Scheherazade, that was clearly unexpected. I thought he's more like an artificial being created by Rukh. I did not surprise by Scheherazade's cold and badass persona, though. She has lived for around 200 years, such coldness and maturity are needed to protect and lead the Laem empire.

As for the war between the three countries, that's really plausible at the end of this Manga. I believe that Sandria would act more as the "good pacifist country" instead of participant in the war. Seriously, I cannot wait until the confrontation between Laem and Kou empire. Also, what would Yunan do in that situation? he's like the wisest Magi among the four. (I thought it was Scheherazade)

The Sinbad prologue is also awesome. He's really the child of the prophecy, carrying a burden to become a King of the seven seas. I wish he would appear again sooner.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Magnoshutatt really seems like it's in a bad position at the moment. The Chancellor is clearly a great person at heart, his views are just skewed a bit because of his past experiences. There's a lot of potential for this country to ally itself with one of the major powers, and I get the feeling that it'll end up being Sindria.

I understand that Mogamett doesn't want to do this, with the whole Goi hatred and all, but Sindria is all about diversity and protection, so maybe he'll make some kind of exception after some more things happen.

As for Sinbad, the guy just keeps getting better. His birth was felt around the world

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Titus's story explains why he is so bishie
    Since Mogamett refuses to let him go, I guess the old geezer has already figured a way to save him from his imminent death.
    I'm eager to discover Sinbad's story, I wasn't expecting to get a dungeon-driven arc so soon
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Mogamett is a very dangerous character, simply because he's terribly good and bad at the same time But it just makes me love his character even more

But this could be a dangerous situation for Aladdin, no?
    Scheherezade said Magnoshutatt is no match against the Kou empire and Laem without "metal vessels", Magi or divine protection. If the academy really is going to war against the other empires, then they will have to gather all the strongest magicians they have. If they find out that there is in fact a Magi in the Academy, they'll probably do everything they can to keep him there (just like Yamuraiha's warning in chapter 136) And I wonder if Mogamett doesn't suspect Aladdin already..?

Can't wait for next chapter! This is definitely a turning point in this arch!
    D.Gray-man, Magi ~ the Labyrinth of Magic, One Piece, Ao no Exorcist

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Shadowriver's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by relory View Post
    Mogamett is a very dangerous character, simply because he's terribly good and bad at the same time But it just makes me love his character even more

But this could be a dangerous situation for Aladdin, no?
    Scheherezade said Magnoshutatt is no match against the Kou empire and Laem without "metal vessels", Magi or divine protection. If the academy really is going to war against the other empires, then they will have to gather all the strongest magicians they have. If they find out that there is in fact a Magi in the Academy, they'll probably do everything they can to keep him there (just like Yamuraiha's warning in chapter 136) And I wonder if Mogamett doesn't suspect Aladdin already..?

Can't wait for next chapter! This is definitely a turning point in this arch!
    In matter of fact.... Tidus knows that Aladdin is Magi:

http://reader.sense-scans.com/reader...15/153/page/12

and now he is dependent to Mogamett.... which means it's only matter of time until he will know

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

From what i understand that sinbad arc will be included in the anime dvd set. its a limited edition stuff. Magi will assume its normal course thats just ads.

I think from the behaviour shown in various situation i think mogamet himself may not be the bad guy. He does not ally with that certain organisation but instead maybe his staff is. Probably being used by sarmen without him knowing it. That black rukh was probably introduced by sarmen and they used the huge resource of magnoshutat to conduct some sort of research.

Titus betrayal of Shezy sucks >_< its how most kingdom fall since ancient times. Now we know how his magic could rival aladin. Now that Mogamet will do anything to save titus he will probably be subjected to black rukh.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

What was also intriguing is that he knows that black rukh is a corrupted one. So why are they using it in Aladdin course is really a mystery.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe not Mogamett, but Aladdin's professor in his Zemi is somewhat related to Al Sarmen... She's the kind of creepy and twisted lady that seemed to "enjoy" showing black rukh

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast