Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 18 of 161 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia Game Thread - Game 20 - Blood in Hueco Mundo - END GAME

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mafia Game Thread - Game 20 - Blood in Hueco Mundo - Day 1

Holy fuck xDDD 17pages already! I'll be home in 1h, hopefully D: And then I'll be able to catch up and play o/

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    [size=5]
    • If one Sleeper is recruited by several parties in the same night, a coin toss will decide which one is first to recruit. The other recruiting attempt of the other Mafia Party will result in killing this recruited Sleeper.
    [/indent]
    *still reading page 2 meanwhile*

So, he joins one of the 'mafia' and die in the same night by the hands of the other?

Edit: NVM, I found the answer already.
    Last edited by Farfalla; November 27, 2012 at 04:22 PM.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    what makes you think so? I doubt there are much more than two sleepers, three at most. I mean if there were more and they all get recruited then there would be a really huge mafia group.

and that's just my expierence with dd's games but he only had one normal townie (no sleeper) each time, evil could just do the same. Means I highly doubt there are more than 4 or 5 out there. More like 4.
    I didn't say anything about the amount of Sleepers, I said the amount of people that could be Sleepers. It makes it even harder for the mafia to find a regular townie and by chance a sleeper if there are a low amount of people without nighttime roles.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Honestly it's confusing with all the roles and all. I have to read up on them every time they're brought up to remember what they do. But it's cool I guess. I figure it'll be more interesting as time goes by, if I live long enough that is.

It's been covered by other people, but wizzard seems fishy. Unsure. For some reason I feel like Gary could be a damn good player too (in a sense similar to poker), in bluffing. He's playing the non-Mafia role so well it's ticking something in my brain. But probably nothing.
    I think some have said that about me, but who knows. I tend to reveal my role eventually and have done so as a Mafia and Townie.

This time I am Townie and have a nighttime ability, so I won't be recruited.

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Some interesting posts and a lot fo spam has happened here.

Impy, DD and Arctigor seem townie to me at least for now.

Xio is suspiscious not sure why though just a feel.
    Hardy was quick to pull the trigger.
    Nii-chan has been making some random posts.
    Bene seems to have been more focused in the way his brother plays than the game itself overall.
    Scav is being a troll again.
    Lawlett is being senseless again.
    Mazino another suspiscious one, he posts but never adds anything to the discussion really.
    3c well master has been playing but still doesn't seem to have gotten into the game.
    Sakura was either being a clueless noob or playing the clueless noob.
    Far just came in.
    Charlie seems to be avoiding this.
    Wizzard is being himself his weird style of playing can be compared to lawlet.
    Kdowns seems like he's gonna be hostkilled~

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa. I got home from everything just now and 18 pages worth of stuff? I've got to go read all of this.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

What part of "please don't spam"you didnt get dammit.

Thank you BBB for that summary

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn still no one seems to have slipped up except wizzard maybe.

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I can see that the avis lost a lot of quality/resolution T.T

Irk... Ok, so now there's the possibility that a mafia member will be killed by night, but there's also the possibility that two townies will die. So picking the wrong one to lynch every day can cost us way more.
    I think that, eventually, the mafia will start using the "first day we always vote random" excuse to vote xD So, so far, that's the strategy I'm picking for this day one vote... My options will be the ones that went with that excuse. But I'm also intrigued about the sleepers case...

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I think in a game that has two Mafia, with probably three members each, as well as sleepers, that there might be more regular Townies than we might expect
    Hm... And although sleepers might seem like innocent ones so far, if the sleepers got a 'regular townie' role in their PM, they might suspect they're sleepers... Someone said this game prolly has 15 townies (if we discount the 6 mafias and the sleepers), and I'm guessing that against '8 potentially mafia players', we need a good amount of pro-townie roles (assuming that we have two sleepers). I dunno if around 2 pro-townies for each 'mafia' member would be a far guess... And is it safe to say that we prolly don't have much more than 2 'regular townies' in the game, then...? I'm just saying that we prolly need a lot of pro-townie roles against 6~8 mafia roles (specially 'cause pro-townie roles also include 'insane' and 'naive' ones, most of the time, and those can backfire at us), so I really doubt that we have a lot of 'regular townies'. The sleepers prolly have a good idea that they are sleepers. The only great thing about it is that they are townies if they don't get recruited. On the other hand, if in the next phase we get news about someone getting recruited, I'll have my most suspicious candidate...
    Last edited by Farfalla; November 27, 2012 at 05:55 PM.

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i just noticed the game already started and 18 pages of discussion ? funk me

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would tend to agree with that assessment, Farfalla.

There really can't be very many regular townies, otherwise we'd be at huge disadvantage. However, on the flip side, there are two different mafias in this game, so the players lynch someone the first day and then potentially, two, or more (if we have an insane doctor who can accidentally kill, for example), so perhaps three players can die the first night. The one thing that I'm a spec worried about here is that the townspeople can be whittled down too quickly. Of course, two mafia members could die tonight.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

With two Mafias, lets be more cautious about revealing roles here. You have twice as much a chance of being killed if they deem you valuable.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Bibb what's weird about me, I just made 1 post

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    The game has been up for so little and my non-presence has been noted. I feel like a celebrity. Ef why eye, if there is a serial killer in this game, I am not it this time.
    Mason? *CROSSES FINGERS*

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Uh, as usual, day one is very confusing. Personally I think the only way to slip up in day one is by saying "im a mafia lol" *cough cough has happened before cough cough* and the thing that really gives away mafia are, not really the accusations in day one or the bandwagons "hi i also vote for wizzard b/c he mafia" "omg no real reason to vote kill u ar mafia Sir" etc. but the entire voting process and even though there are shit loads of posts and some are awesome it's still too early to vote on a real basis imo.
    There's a LOT of players, might even be more than one mafia faction (are there a possibility for that, Evil?) And seeing as I've only had time to read these posts like twice I'm not going to place a vote yet if that is okay (my bet is that we're going to vote kill a townie with or without my vote as we usually do). I'll prolly vote tomorrow if there's a tie-breaker or if there's some (in my eyes at least) obvious shit going on. I'm not sure about wizzard though. He's weird on the rest of the forum and he's kinda weird here too... idk...
    Maybe it's just THAT obvious and I overestimates his thinking process LOL
    Last edited by blai; November 27, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

There are two mafia factions. Quincy and Shinigami. We assume there's a minimum of two in each, possibly three. Then you add possible sleepers = possibly 8 mafia.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    There are two mafia factions. Quincy and Shinigami. We assume there's a minimum of two in each, possibly three. Then you add possible sleepers = possibly 8 mafia.
    Cheers, I saw Gary posting about it and I assumed it's a possibility being that there's over twenty of us. Oh, exciting :#
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blai View Post
    Mason? *CROSSES FINGERS*

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Uh, as usual, day one is very confusing. Personally I think the only way to slip up in day one is by saying "im a mafia lol" *cough cough has happened before cough cough* and the thing that really gives away mafia are, not really the accusations in day one or the bandwagons "hi i also vote for wizzard b/c he mafia" "omg no real reason to vote kill u ar mafia Sir" etc. but the entire voting process and even though there are shit loads of posts and some are awesome it's still too early to vote on a real basis imo. There's a LOT of players, might even be more than one mafia faction (are there a possibility for that, Evil?) And seeing as I've only had time to read these posts like twice I'm not going to place a vote if that is okay (my bet is that we're going to vote kill a townie with or without my vote as we usually do). I'm not sure about wizzard though. He's weird on the rest of the forum and he's kinda weird here too... idk... Maybe it's just THAT obvious and I overestimates his thinking process LOL
    As 3c ninjaed me to it, three are two mafia factions here, Blai. Moreover, just go read the information post which makes it clear. Four or six of the 23 players are mafia members, according to Evil. It's most likely six, but you can question whether the Sleeper comment means that it's four mafia plus two potential mafia members.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 18 of 161 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast