Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Startin' an anime/manga/LN blog

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Startin' an anime/manga/LN blog

So I decided out of sheer bordom to start an blog for this, while occaisonally writing about how crappy of a writer I am, but thats another story...

So out of curiosity I figure I ask, does or has anyone here run a blog or has thought about it? any do's don'ts and etc? or just anything anime/manga blog related works too.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Startin' an anime/manga/LN blog

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    So I decided out of sheer bordom to start an blog for this, while occaisonally writing about how crappy of a writer I am, but thats another story...

So out of curiosity I figure I ask, does or has anyone here run a blog or has thought about it? any do's don'ts and etc? or just anything anime/manga blog related works too.
    I just found this thread, and I'm quite surprised there is no response about this interesting topic. I think the most important thing - in regards to blogging in general or Anime/Manga blogging in particular - is the fact that you have to give additional/fresh insights for your potential readers/followers. Some of the best blogs I know out there do not necessarily made by an amazing writer with impeccable writing skills, but more to the fact that they stimulate their readers's minds to participate in the discussion.

For example, I found that a blog dedicated to psychological aspects in Manga/Animeverse is really interesting. The readers are given the new perspective on how they would view their favorite characters and what not. Of course there are more complex aspects of Mangaverse which are currently discussed in different blogs, but as I said before, this is just an example. Good luck in making your blog better.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Startin' an anime/manga/LN blog

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I just found this thread, and I'm quite surprised there is no response about this interesting topic. I think the most important thing - in regards to blogging in general or Anime/Manga blogging in particular - is the fact that you have to give additional/fresh insights for your potential readers/followers. Some of the best blogs I know out there do not necessarily made by an amazing writer with impeccable writing skills, but more to the fact that they stimulate their readers's minds to participate in the discussion.

For example, I found that a blog dedicated to psychological aspects in Manga/Animeverse is really interesting. The readers are given the new perspective on how they would view their favorite characters and what not. Of course there are more complex aspects of Mangaverse which are currently discussed in different blogs, but as I said before, this is just an example. Good luck in making your blog better.
    Holy crap someone responded! I completely forgot about this thread!

Thank you for the input, my computer is being a prick at the momment so I had the pleasure of reading on my phone, but from his coloums "a IRL gintama momment" and the 'are you alice?' I more or less see where you are getting at, which is to basically elaborate as much as possible from your own thoughts and possibly expiriences...?

In anycase I'll try working more towards that sort of angle, I know I wrote a sort of half assed excuse of an gripping introduction to myself and one where I wrote about how I got into the medium but I have an Idea now that I can do MUCH better.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

New Reply