Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: What happens next?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • There will be another flashback

6 30.00%
  • The Ten-Tails is defeated

3 15.00%
  • Obito and Madara cast their infinite genjutsu

0 0%
  • The next chapter will switch to a different battlefront.

6 30.00%
  • Other (theory time in the comments)

5 25.00%
New Reply

Thread: Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 609 The End and 610 Juubi

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member blackjack612's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 609 The End and 610 Juubi

"Now then, let the show begin"
    Madara Uchiha

I could have sworn I'd posted my 609 review before driving up to Sacremento for Thanksgiving, but I didn't, so this week's review will be for two chapters. Let's get straight to it, shall we...

Naruto 609 The End
    The images in this review are credited to Mangastream.

After regaining his composure last chapter, Kakashi is ready to rejoin the fight, though he's lacking the chakra to be of much help. Naruto, Kakashi, and Obito trade words and headbutts, but Naruto can't fight freely if he has to worry about a weakened Kakashi. So Kurama tags in, trades Kakashi some chakra on the sly, then offers him up to Obito to be sucked back into Kamui's pocket dimension.

Obito remains, of course, confident of victory and thus oblivious to our heroes ruse, until Kakashi starts attack Obito from within while Obito charges Naruto. With the flaws of his trademark jutsu exposed, Obito's chances at victory appear to be slimming. Between Kakashi travelling back and forth from Kamui as he pleases and Kurama acting as a one-stop shinobi recharging station, there's little Obito can do.

The more pressing problem, though, is the Ten-Tails who happens to be close to reviving. Naruto and Killer B combine forces for a joint Tailed Beast Ball attack, but all for nought. The chapter ends definitively with the massive Ten-Tails returned and ready to wreak havoc.

Naruto 610 Juubi
    The images in this review are credited to Mangastream.

Naruto 610 begins with a mexican standoff between shinobi and beasts. A brief discussion between Naruto and Kurama reveals that the Juubi is essentially a mass of all the world's natural enemy which means its power is off the scales. Meanwhile, Obito and Madara argue a bit over who's more immature, the one who can't wait to use a new toy or the one impatient to get what he wants. All of which is prelude to a scene showcasing the Juubi's destructive powers.

Taking over as squad captain, Kurama orders everyone around. After shielding the others from the Juubi's first attack, Kurama fires off a few Tailed Beast Balls with Killer B. Their attacks, though, are countered by a more powerful beam of energy that seemingly annihilates all of the Eight-Tails minus a tentacle.

However, it turns out that's just a ruse. Killer B was teleported to safety by Kamui and Kakashi and Naruto were launched over the Juubi, whose attention was focused entirely on the tailed beasts. For all it's cleverness, though, is our heroes plan doomed to failure? Just how much damage can one TBB do against the overwhelming power of the Juubi?

Kishimoto delivered a couple of breathtakingly illustrated chapters these last two weeks. Everything that worked last chapter works well here too. Sometimes the quality of the action scenes takes a slight nose dive in consecutive fight intensive chapters, but there was no evidence of that here. The action was fluid and clearly delineated. The backgrounds and character designs were detailed too, from battle scars and scrapes to busted wood bindings to rocky terrain. No complaints at all with the art and it's paired with an equally deserving plot at that...

Naruto 609 Impressions

There is a lot to like about Naruto 609 The End, coming on the heels of many where some small flaw of a chapter would keep it from greatness. Here the art, dialogue, and action are all of solid quality. Every character gets a choice line or moment to shine. And we have some pretty significant plot development.

First, Kishimoto tackles the problem of how Kakashi will be able to keep fighting, seeing as his ability is crucial to countering Obito. It does seems convenient that Kurama can lend energy to strangers the same way it can lend energy to its host, but I'm willing to look past that.

Second, and most importantly, the Ten-Tails is back. There's no telling where the series will head now, given the abundance of unexpected turns from previous chapters. I've listed some options in the poll, but personally I'm hoping we check in elsewhere before the Gruesome Twosome cast their infinite genjutsu. I'd be interested in what Orochimaru or Sasuke have to say about any such false illusions.

Regardless, on it's own, Naruto 609 was a great chapter, which is why I'm giving it a ...

5 out of 5

Naruto 610 Impressions

Like Naruto 609, Naruto 610 Juubi deftly mixes solid art, action, and plot development together into a cohesive whole. In the span of a few pages, Kishimoto illustrates the scope of the threat the Jubi poses our heroes and pinpoints the possible flaws that will cause the villains to come crashing down: Madara's hubris, Obito's impatience, the Jubi's possessing only pure animal instinct. I don't have anything negative to say about the chapter, so I'm giving it a ...

5 out of 5

Predictions

Now that the Ten-Tails is revived, I'm changing my predictions somewhat. I think we'll being seeing that infinite genjutsu soon and that Sasuke and/or Orochimaru will be crucial to ending it. This sets up Sasuke's ultimate redemption by helping redeem his reputation with the Allied Shinobi Forces. Then, awaken from the illusion, our heroes will team up with the Kage to take down the rampaging Ten-Tails, which is an easy way to bring everyone together. The fodder nin from the Allied army might even jump in.

One Line Reviews
    • What a light but twist filled couple weeks this has been, with stellar chapters from many of my favorite series.
    • Tower of God S02Ch39 continues to set up the next overarching story of [B]Season Two[/I], this time weaving in Koon and Rachel's fence/team.
    • Billy Bat 90 continues to hit me in all the feels and ends on a cliffhanger that I'm most worried about this week. It's a great chapter, though not quite as enjoyable as Naruto this week.
    • However, Bleach 516 more than rises to that challenge, earning my Pick of the Week with a chapter that was awash in plot twists but still managed to hit the funny button in the middle.
    • Bleach 517 was equally as good and works to setup the continuing conflict. Here's hoping we find some answers about the Quincy and this thousand year blood war in the Soul Palace.
    • One Piece 689 feels somewhat repetitive but ends on a note that suggests we're finally getting to the climax of the Punk Hazard arc.
    • Likewise, I'm anxious for the next act of Gantz to begin or for a proper conclusion, and based on Gantz 374 that shouldn't be too far away.

2. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 609 The End and 610 Juubi

I'm guessing we get more of them fighting + another cliffhanger.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I certainly agree that the art is very well made but the damn design of the Juubi, I was so underwhelmed. I was at least expecting it to not be a blob.
    Does it take down my grade though? No, much is revealed about how smart these two bijuus actually are and this in turn might be the reason why the Juubi is so shallow as far as personality goes.
    I wonder if it would actually be manageable for Madara if it had all it's component put together.
    Thank you for the review. A 5/5 is pretty solid
    Meh

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks black! it looks like having more than one chapter to deal with makes the analysis shorter. that's good but this time you overlooked something. well,nevermind,it was a great job nonetheless . about the mark,these chapters weren't bad,although I doubt I can give them a 5. uhm,maybe comparing these 2 to the previous ones,the mark is fair

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MrSteel's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review as always black. I'm kinda curious to see which turn the story takes now. I suspect alot of fodder ninja is going to get blow away by madara.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

actually,kishi ensured us that he'd put all his pride into making this fight epic,with all the characters joining. he also claimed that he would make all the main characters (such as the rookies choji,ino,tenten ecc.) shine. I hope they got beaten nonetheless,though

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner mosesgunn's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Black...hope you had a great holiday. I too very much liked both chapters and I'm glad that Kishi figured out how to get the Juubi to appear without taking Kurama/Naruto in the process. Your next review, which will no doubt get into the return of Naruto's friends, will further advance Naruto's continued rise as a deft shinobi,. More importantly, its interesting that the Allied Forces arrived just after Gyuki and Kurama retreated for some chakra recharging. I'll look forward to the Allied Forces reaction when Kurama eventually returns on the scene.

Personally, my money is on Naruto defeating the Juubi with the combined chakra from the other Jinchuuriki. Just hoping its not some new lame 'Rasengan no jutsu' that does the job.
    Last edited by mosesgunn; December 02, 2012 at 02:15 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 609 The End and 610 Juubi

great reviews blackjacks612, i was waiting for them while you were going, it's really fun to read the chapters, the way that you review naruto
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

New Reply