Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: The best part of the chapter is...

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Introduction of Royal Realm

8 6.84%
  • Explanation of King's Key

11 9.40%
  • Humor during Healing Therapy

28 23.93%
  • Rukia Fan Service

30 25.64%
  • Soul King's Appearance

40 34.19%
New Reply
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 519 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 519 Discussion / 520 Predictions

I have a feeling Urahara was invited to SP due to the work he was doing in Maggots Nest or for creating the research and development department, i mean think about it if he was allowed to enter SP then the RG should have known he was going to do some kind of analysis or research to benefit SS or his own department, the question i do ask myself is why they would allow it and which on of the RG invited him if the invited him at all
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok,so the King's Key are actually the RG,meaning there are 5 keys there.

Ok,then what the hell about what Yama-jii told us ? That the location of the King's Key is passed down verbally from one CC to another ? Was it just plain bullshit ?

Urahara is getting more and more mysterious.He's either related by blood to one of the RG,or he actually was part of the RG.

Oh,and on another note,Urahara copied the hot spring concept from the Royal Guards.I am pretty sure that Urahara's Bankai training device (which Ichigo used to achieve Bankai) is actually another copy from another RG.Of course,since Urahara's hot spring isn't as powerful and the same as the original one,it's obvious his Bankai training device also isn't the same as the original nor as powerful,so I say that Ichigo will once again train using the original method copied by Urahara,some device that can help him reforge Zangetsu.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytype View Post
    That's what we've been told, but should we take it at face-value? Maybe there's another alternative for coexistance.
    Well, whether the whole king thing being true or not is an entirely different issue. So far I would argue the manga heavily suggests it is indeed true the king is basically the god of the world and necessary for it. Aizen wanted to take the kings place and become the god of the world for starters. Urahara specifically says the king is necessary to hold everything together. We just saw the king, clearly he is something innately different from shinigami and seems to have some weird abilities (he was just floating around).

I don't think the issue itself is an alternative to coexistance but rather the cost of a potential coexistance. The current system the shinigami are protecting might not be perfect but at large it works. Souls go from one side to the other and they are constantly reborn. Setting aside that murdering the king is the equivalent to murdering god, it is still an actual murder. Then there is the issue that vandenreich are the ones attacking SS and the king, the shinigami are protecting everything. Then there is the issue of the balance of souls which the quincy still seem hellbent on destroying.

So far it would seem that whatever number of people that die during a potential destruction of the balance is an acceptable number as their goal is that important to them. The number of people that could die from that could be billions. So the issue is not that whatever system they want to implement is bad, for all we know their system could be better than the current one, the issue is the price of such a system. Thousands of shinigami just died without a chance to fight back and once the balance is destroyed an unfathomable number of people are going to die. Are the quincy goals worth it?

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    I am pretty sure that Urahara's Bankai training device (which Ichigo used to achieve Bankai) is actually another copy from another RG.Of course,since Urahara's hot spring isn't as powerful and the same as the original one,it's obvious his Bankai training device also isn't the same as the original nor as powerful,so I say that Ichigo will once again train using the original method copied by Urahara,some device that can help him reforge Zangetsu.
    What exactly stops that secret from being passed around, it's still a secret for most Shinigami as far as we know. And was that really the perfect translation? From all the new information we got, Yamamoto was the very first CC of the gotei13, it being the start of the captaincy.

Why did you jump from assumption to obviousness within the same argument? There is no need to degrade his achievements, it's a wonderful he was capable of recreating the spring, I hope the Bankai training was his own project.
    Last edited by Schabrak; December 06, 2012 at 09:01 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Shadowriver's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleach fan 101 View Post
    what i fond interesting is what baldy said here about Ichigo not being "a simple shinigami", maybe they know more crucial details about him/isshin
    I think he means his achivments and what he gone throuth

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    uhm,unohana became captain of the 4th division 400 years ago,and her master had just been promoted to royal guards,probably. so how could urahara witness that and reproduce it??? was he already a great researcher 400 years ago? I don't think he is so old...
    I have a feeling same way as Aizen has done his research on the hougyoku, it's only obvious Urahara done his own.

These two reminds me of scenario involving the two smartest kids in school where the 2nd ranked (Aizen) constantly competes with the 1st ranked (Urahara). The principal (king) gives orders to the vice-principals (royal guard) to hire the 1st ranked student to get into special projects whom only they know. After the 2nd ranked discovers the principal and vice-principals true plot (whether it's for the greater good, personal vendetta, hidden agenda and etc. ) he can't help but having take matters into his own hands despite the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    You just all wait till Urahara take off his hat and slicks his hair back!

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Kubo decides to resort to that, what catapulted bleach was the complete unexpected coming from the one person becoming the main villain (Aizen). Yet, now the idea of who's the actual villain is still a mystery. So far the quincies are ones to be portrayed in that image, but I'm a bit unsure if Urahara is as good as he has been lived up to be.

We were all tricked into thinking Gin was nothing but a evil sneaky snake most times until his past story was revealed.
    Keep in mind, we have yet to see a detailed background story from either Aizen or Urahara. Remember the level of shock during Aizen's betrayal? Well we might be just as surprised or even more when Kubo reveals their past.

What if later on Ichigo discovered something he couldn't ignore and having to fight Isshin with Aizen on Ichigo's side? That's a whole another twist to add with the idea of Urahara being a villain

p.s - keep in mind these are a bunch of "what ifs"
    Last edited by hollowdemon; December 06, 2012 at 09:53 AM.

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hollowdemon View Post
    what catapulted bleach was the complete unexpected coming from the one person becoming the main villain (Aizen).
    What catapulted Bleach was the fact that SS arc was engaging and provided a lot of different relatable characters that appealed to crucial demographics; something that the early Bleach (and LA arc) lacked. Aizen showing his true colors was a highlight and a huge plot twist, but Bleach was pretty popular even before that.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    Like fusing with the hyogoku right?
    The Soul King is probably very similar to Aizen. The pattern in the eyes is just the symbol of the Gotei 13.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner overdrives's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno if someone already told this but ...
    The King remind me of Aizen :
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-56329-...apter-415.html
    We also know that the Hogyoku was helping the owner to reach on its own better power without the user chosing it or not.
    And what Kisuke said before the end of the fight ?
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-57630-...apter-421.html
    "You've seen it".
    And maybe the look of Aizen wasn't random at all. He saw the King, the most powerfull thing, and the Hogyoku made him closer to this ideal.

Question now is : Is the final version of Aizen, the 2nd version of the King ?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner defaultizzle's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

regarding the soul king....

that nude appearance, that serious expression, his status as the most important being in the land....

anybody reminded of the shogun from gintama?

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Norio's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter.

But what if a very young Urahara analysed the hot spring when the Royal Guard was just a shinigami?

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

what a naive poll: it's clear that the king's entry was the most important event of the chapter! I wonder what kind of power that man has got,and if his sheer strength is above captain level...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

what a naive poll: it's clear that the king's entry was the most important event of the chapter! I wonder what kind of power that man has got,and if his sheer strength is above captain level...
    I would wonder if the king can fight at all.... He is something of a godlike existence but I would think the manga suggests that his powers are in some way limited. He has the gotei 13 to protect him in sereitei, then he has the royals to protect him in the royal palace and even within the royal palace he is at the top of it. Taking everything in consideration it seems that to even get to where he is you necessarily have to get past the royal guard first. Perhaps the scenario will be that the king is indeed powerful however he is also not a trained fighter....

What I am wonder is if ichigo will somehow react to the king being awake. Will ichigo be able to feel the kings power? If aizen somehow modeled himself after the king then the kings power should also fall into the same category meaning ichigo should be the only one capable of feeling his power.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    That is something which I had forgotten to comment on, I also noticed something strange there. If we consider the final conversation that urahara had with aizen then it seems evident urahara himself had seen and perhaps met the spirit king. I think it would all be related at this point. The more disturbing part is perhaps that the chapter says urahara examined the water in the spring repeatedly. The first logical and perhaps painfully obvious implication of this is that urahara had access to that water repeatedly. The issue would be how exactly urahara accomplished that. Did he go to the spirit palace a lot? Or did the royal guy get him the water by going to where urahara is? Why would urahara need to investigate the water if he was in some form communicating with the royal guard who apparently came up with this? If he is letting urahara investigate then he might as well reveal the secrets of the water. Honestly though, the whole thing is exceptionally strange. I wonder if it is possible urahara has his own royal key to begin with. With it as a captain he could potentially go in and out of the palace, he just needs something to shot him in and out of there.
    uhm,tenjiru told unohana that they hadn't been seeing for so long,I guess they didn't use to come down... imo urahara witnessed it,but how old was he? in the pendoloum,kyoraku said that 100 years before, the only captains who were still there during the pendoloum were he,ukitake and unohana. and kyoraku wasn't even there 1000 years ago,as he asked yama about the picture in which either yama or juha bach were painted. so they are younger than they seem. so,when did urahara witness that? btw,I think he and aizen saw the king thanks to the hougyoku.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Urahara is said to have seen SK... So he must have been to Royal Palace. Also, I think that RG healer wasn't her mster, but a friend specialized in healing. She lost someone close to her and chose not to ever fight again. Thus, she became healer.
    who stated that???

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

kyoraku wasn't even there 1000 years ago,as he asked yama about the picture in which either yama or juha bach were painted.
    where does he ask that?
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Asmodan's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great chapter. Recently Bleach has been on a roll, but this chapter reminded me of the good ol' golden days of Bleach. The humour, the relaxed character interactions....

I agree with someone (sorry, don't know who, didn't look properly) at the beginning of the thread, who noticed that the Soul King's eyes resemble the emblems for the 13 Squads. Good call. Atm I have loads of questions and I'd love to speculate on what's going to happen, but the way Bleach is going at the moment I have no idea whats in store..... It seems to me that SK woke up for the arrival of Ichigo.

I'm sure whatever I say has already been discussed so instead I'll celebrate this chapter and my 50th post in apparently 5 years of me stalking this forum by posting a picture in honour of Rukia's biggest contribution to the story in..... a long time

"Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible." - Spider Jerusalem

New Reply
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast