Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: The best part of the chapter is...

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Introduction of Royal Realm

8 6.84%
  • Explanation of King's Key

11 9.40%
  • Humor during Healing Therapy

28 23.93%
  • Rukia Fan Service

30 25.64%
  • Soul King's Appearance

40 34.19%
New Reply
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 519 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 519 Discussion / 520 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    You guys do realize that that is just a toned forearm also reffered to as "muscle" with no scars visible[for Isshin, Bonze could have some old battle scars], just lift some weights and you will see the Royal Key appear on your arm too. :P What Oshō meant is his very body IMO. Why do people take sentences so literally? I remember someone pointing that out in here when the discussion about it started.
    Thank god, reading through those previous posts and seeing people agree with Isshin having a royal key, I felt like the whole world beside me has gone mad.

The bolded part made me laugh out loud

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pigov View Post
    What still bugs me is...
    why rukia renji and byakuya?
    Ok, byakuya is noble...noble blood. Rukia is not. And renji is probably what the soul king would refer to as trash.
    He hasn't even said a single word yet and you already throw out possiblities, gave him a character? I would like it if he had a nice personality despite his "transcendental" appearance. Not everything alien has to be bad and why should he? If it wasn't for him, shinigami would likely not hunt hollows, freeing the earth dimension of those evils, balancing the dimension, allowing humans/hollows/spirits to stay "alive". To be honest, 99% of all shinigami/entities should be seen as fodder by someone as mighty as he is made out to be. I prefer Rukia to be noble too, at least by name she is a full one. haha

OT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Sadly it's only visible on certain days. And I never get to see it's king either. :/
    Last edited by Schabrak; December 10, 2012 at 06:30 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Thank god, reading through those previous posts and seeing people agree with Isshin having a royal key, I felt like the whole world beside me has gone mad.

Correct! I love it. He's clearly just flexing, yet, somehow he just displayed a key? lol
    Among thousands of comrades and ten thousand enemies, only you... only you made me forget my dream. I see it!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

He hasn't even said a single word yet and you already throw out possiblities, gave him a character? I would like it if he had a nice personality despite his "transcendental" appearance. Not everything alien has to be bad and why should he? If it wasn't for him, shinigami would likely not hunt hollows, freeing the earth dimension of those evils, balancing the dimension, allowing humans/hollows/spirits to stay "alive". To be honest, 99% of all shinigami/entities should be seen as fodder by someone as mighty as he is made out to be. I prefer Rukia to be noble too, at least by name she is a full one. haha

OT:

Sadly it's only visible on certain days. And I never get to see it's king either. :/
    In all likelihood, we are talking about someone who is living in a separated dimension where regular Shinigami are not allowed to be. This isn't a thing of being nice or not. If he's a king, he will most likely act like a king, too.
    When Rukia was adopted into Kuchiki family, Renji and Rukia's friendship received a huge blow. Even Rukia's adoption was just out of Byakuya's wish to keep his promise to his late wife. So, if a noble family is this strict, which is quite natural, I can't see the king being a nice guy.

See, even Ichigo who was summoned directly by his will is probably not going to see him face to face, which makes me assume that same will be the case for the rest; Rukia, Renji, Byakuya.
    Isn't that equal to referring to someone as trash?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    See, even Ichigo who was summoned directly by his will is probably not going to see him face to face, which makes me assume that same will be the case for the rest; Rukia, Renji, Byakuya.
    Isn't that equal to referring to someone as trash?
    Not really because he may not trust them and for all he knows one of them could be a spy, maybe they are being observed at the 5 RG cities to see whether they get to see the king
    Last edited by bleach fan 101; December 10, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the personality of the soul king at this point is almost completely unpredictable. I think it will either be one extreme or the other but im sure we can expect ichigo to eventually influence the character one way or another, thats like ichigos thing.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meepers4982 View Post
    I think the personality of the soul king at this point is almost completely unpredictable. I think it will either be one extreme or the other but im sure we can expect ichigo to eventually influence the character one way or another, thats like ichigos thing.
    I can see the possibility of Ichi influencing SK and then the SK influencing Ichigo to help him keep a calm head throughout his fights/talks
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a while.

I reckon the SK is the kind of transcendent being that's "above life and death, above good and evil." The SK probably doesn't give a shit about anything except maintaining the balance of souls and he will go to any extent to make sure the balance is maintained.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member notBowen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meepers4982 View Post
    Urahara seemed to view him as a "necessary evil" while Aizen thought he needed to be eradicated. Again Urahara's response was that the king was a "linchpin" and in no way suggested he was benevolent.

More recently Kukaku said that allowing Ichigo to go meet the king would make their "uncle" angry. If we are to jump to the conclusion many have that this uncle is Isshin it would not be farfetched to assume Isshin removed himself from the dealings of the Royal Palace and would not be happy with his son getting caught up in them.

This is of course speculation but it's not "completely unpredictable". Of course if by personality you simply mean temperament I suppose it is true he could range from super serious inscrutable God thing to omnipotent goofball.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Originally Posted by Schabrak
    He hasn't even said a single word yet and you already throw out possiblities, gave him a character? I would like it if he had a nice personality despite his "transcendental" appearance. Not everything alien has to be bad and why should he? If it wasn't for him, shinigami would likely not hunt hollows, freeing the earth dimension of those evils, balancing the dimension, allowing humans/hollows/spirits to stay "alive". To be honest, 99% of all shinigami/entities should be seen as fodder by someone as mighty as he is made out to be.
    So you disagreed, to agree later during your post?
    I said PROBABLY, iam well aware that this is only a guess, but its a legit one. Like i said... everything shown so far suggests that he doesnt care much about the life of a single shinigami.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pigov View Post
    everything shown so far suggests that he doesnt care much about the life of a single shinigami.
    And Shinigami in the Gotei13 do? Most really don't, as it's their job fighting and dying can be part of that too. Of course those near to those person will, the rest likely not so much. And to be honest, he seems to have different priorities than watching over every single soul in the universe.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleach fan 101 View Post
    Not really because he may not trust them and for all he knows one of them could be a spy, maybe they are being observed at the 5 RG cities to see whether they get to see the king
    The sole information that a spy could get out of Royal Dimension was perhaps about the keys being a Royal Guard's own body and they already told that to Ichigo in the first place.
    Besides, if they showed such a suspect, they wouldn't be allowed in. Royal Guard's duty is to protect the king. I can say they couldn't care less about Byakuya dying or anything so.

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

And Shinigami in the Gotei13 do? Most really don't, as it's their job fighting and dying can be part of that too. Of course those near to those person will, the rest likely not so much. And to be honest, he seems to have different priorities than watching over every single soul in the universe.
    Exactly, he has different priorities or else he wouldn't be watching SS getting trashed from his secluded dimension.
    That's why I'm saying he can't have a nice personality. If one has the authority, it's very unlikely for him to be literally nice.
    He can be as nice as Captain-Commander was, though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

There are multiple people who could be Kukaku's uncle and a relation to Ichigo, but here's what I think could be the two most likely candidates;
    • Ishinn could well be the uncle who would be angry at Ichigo going to see the Soul King. His emblem hasn't been revealed, and he's clearly Captain-level (as evidenced by his Haori worn on his shoulder, as well as the fact he knew advanced techniques such as FGT), which makes me wonder if he was a previous Royal Guard member who was replaced by Hikafune (this may explain what GF was talking about when he mentioned Ichigo's 'pure blood'; perhaps the Ouken also gives the Royal Guard enhanced strength, and this was passed onto Ichigo through his blood). Ishinn may have left the Royal Guard on bad terms, explaining why he doesn't reside within the Soul Society.
    • It's a long shot but also makes some sense if Aizen turns out to be the uncle. Aizen would be extremely upset at the idea of Ichigo visiting the Soul King, as Aizen wished to break into the Royal Dimension himself to steal the Soul King's throne. I'm not saying that the Shibas accept Aizen's actions, but they would still be concerned at him becoming angry (especially if he turns out to be the misunderstood vigalante that he's been hinted to be).
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I fail to see the point O____O . Wheres the relation? It doesnt matter if gotei 13 shinigamis are any different regarding that matter, since we are talking about the SK/RGs. Despite that, i never judged about the SKs reasoning, whether he does it out of sheer fun, not careing at all, or because of his priority to take care for himself or to balance the souls.
    So far, i havent heard a single word from you that justifies quoting me to disagree, if you actually do agree with the initiall point, but throw in unreleted "ifs" and "whats". :P No offense here, just saying
    Iam still looking forward to a legit explanation from the RGs/SK as to why they´ve taken these 3 with them, thats all i ever wanted to say. Not knowing anything about the SK,Gotei 13 not careing themselfs, SKs priorities... they dont answer this question and i´ve never doubted anything you said so far. This starts to feel like a "for the sake of disagreeing" discussion :/
    Especially your last point, since not watching about every soul is exactly the reason why iam asking myself why he allowed the RGs to take 3 "seemingly" unimportant (for the SK) shinigamis to the palace.
    Last edited by Pigov; December 11, 2012 at 05:04 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member joeyb's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if Isshin was a Royal guard or not I think him abandoning Soul society was due to his love for a certain female Quincy
    Probably thats the reason why he or left or was exiled.

New Reply
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast