Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: The best part of the chapter is...

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Introduction of Royal Realm

8 6.84%
  • Explanation of King's Key

11 9.40%
  • Humor during Healing Therapy

28 23.93%
  • Rukia Fan Service

30 25.64%
  • Soul King's Appearance

40 34.19%
New Reply
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 519 Discussion

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 519 Discussion / 520 Predictions

I had a feeling we just might be seeing the soul king this chapter.

Anyways, this definitely was an informative chapter even though not much actually went on.

It really does seem like a royal was missing. Perhaps his actual ability is to go unnoticed by others? I wonder what he could have possibly been sent to SS to do.... I guess if he stayed behind he can be actually on the lookout for a potential captain commander of the 13 squads or perhaps he is the one actually responsible for rebuilding.

The pool thing was a tad interesting. It does seem like reiatsu is everything when it comes to healing though. Seeing the chapter it would seem like the reason for which unohana could not heal byakuya was because the quincy reiatsu contaminating his body. Kinda reminds me of the wounds ichigo took from ulquiorra and the fact that orihime took a while to actually get rid of that reiatsu. Its like if foreign reiatsu can be made to act as poison for the target. I wonder if whatever was happening to byakuya is related to a quincy's ability to actually obliterate a soul. Do shinigami go back to the cycle of souls if they are killed by quincy for that matter? As for kenpachi, I wonder if the reason for him to not be taken to the soul palace is the strength of his reiatsu. If we trust the yankee guy the issue those 4 shinigami had was the reiatsu poluting their bodies. Perhaps they deemed kenpachi would be able to recover on his own due to the sheer strength of his reiatsu. His reiatsu alone would eventually be enough to fight of the quincy reiatsu in him and make and actual full recovery. Of course it could have also been because keeping that guy along with people as strong as the royals is an invitation to disaster.

Anyways, another interesting point is actually seeing the king, even if just a glimpse of him. What is the deal here? Honestly, I didn't expected him to be asian doctor manhattan or something.... To be honest I actually thought he would look human. I actually had a crackpot theory that he would be basically a kid (like ukitake's zampakuto in the filler arc) or something. It is also interesting that the royal guy confirmed the king to be an actual divine or godlike creature of sorts. At least we know for a fact now (rather than just having a huge degree of certainty) that by taking over the seat of the soul king you become basically the god of the world. I would question to what extent the king could potentially be evil though. How can he be evil if he is the one making the rules?

The more disturbing part here is that vandenreich seems to be more "evil" than aizen according to the royals. What could they possibly mean? Aizen was already on his way to try and kill the king to take his place. What could possibly be worst? Aizen already raized arms against god, he is already the ultimate sinner, with what we know it shouldn't actually be possible for a greater offense to be there. Perhaps it has something to do with the whole apocalypse thing the quincy seem to be rather hellbent on. Aizen was a lonely arrogant ass who thought god had his rightful seat, perhaps the quincy want to go farther and actually destroy god along with everything else? I doubt random arbitrary absolute destruction is a good motif for the quincy though.... For a while I have been of the idea that more than making juhabach into god they want to change the entire system of the afterlife. The shinigami represent eastern afterlife, the quincy seem to represent western afterlife to some extent. Perhaps their goal is to take over the seat of god, destroy the balance of souls and start over a new world with afterlife being how they see fit. It seems the soul king can actually create life so it is not that weird an idea that he could actually reset the world.

Anyways, for me the more interesting part of the chapter is that it would appear the soul palace is actually rather heavily populated. There are 5 cities in there along with the people who serve the king. Not sure what to make of this, somehow it makes less sense than the royals and royal family being alone in the soul palace.

Thinking about it, what exactly is the point of the war right now? As far as we know the quincy can't actually get to where the king is. The issue would be them making a royal key however if they could or wanted to do that it would make more sense for them to make it before invading SS. Perhaps they already have one? It would be interesting if they actually had the bones of a former royal. Kirio took the place of a royal a while back, I wonder if vandenreich could use that body to get to the soul palace.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

we saw 5 diferents cities for each member of the zero division while there is the king palace's reiou greater palace and reioukyuu/reioukyuu omotensando the entrance to the palace and where there is a minni village unders those floating building..
    we saw a servant of the spirit king so i'm assuming that there are more residents in those cities but if we usually see the human's that dies go to SS, whom are the residents of those cities where the spirit king is?...dead shinigamis? or what are the conditions to be a resident in the spirit kingdom?...
    for what i saw, the look that the spirit king is just an entity of reiatsu and all the energy around it....

rukia got nices chicks, i would love to see inoue next
    good looking peach!!
    Last edited by EMS; December 05, 2012 at 11:21 AM.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Re: Bleach 519 Discussion / 520 Predictions

If Yama was the only person to know where the soul key was then why did they tell ichigo that they were the soul key.
    Do you think they are setting up for him to become the Head Captain.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revolation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, the Soul King dimension is analogous to everything I thought it would be. Floating terrain, floating passageways to a from said floating terrain(although we didn't see this in action this chapter), a main structure for the king in the middle, and even an "onsen". Although I imagined said floating terrain to be more planetary in form and didn't think the onsen would be for healing. If the five cities are related to the noble clans then that would be another analogous relation.

What I don't get is, is it just up high in the sky or what? All we saw was the transport pillar fly up. We didn't see it teleport or anything like that once it got up in the sky back in SS.

Also, when they arrived in the royal dimension, there were lots of other pillars alongside their landing zone. What was that all about?
    Last edited by Revolation; December 05, 2012 at 11:41 AM.
    Bleach 354-356 spoiler and chapter discussions. Most hilarious ones ever. How hueco mundo and The Lust arc killed "ichihime"
    Spoiler: What happened with Nel and Kenpachi after Ichigo went to Ulqiorra(vol 39 sketches) show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see that humor is back in Bleach for more than just a half chapter. I really hope Kubo keeps that up vor a while now.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

uhm,this week mangastream is worse than mangapanda. by the way,it's strange how we haven't been seeing unohana's power in 500 chapters,and now we see everything about her stronger master who taught her,and who just appeared 2 chapters ago...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Junior's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

When I first saw the Soul King my gut feeling is that this guy is "evil".

Someone brought up the moral quandary: How can the Soul King be evil if he's the one that makes the rules?

By logic if he's making all the rules and has people in place to enforce those rules then everyone who opposes those rules are essentially evil. Evil in the sense that they're trying to undermine an established doctrine...

..but what if the whole truth isn't being told? What if there's a lingering, dark secret that was so haunting that it caused Aizen to break rank? What if in the end..Aizen is actually the "Good Guy" and this Soul King is the true evil?

For this to be right the "truth" that is being hidden must be honesty horrifying. Aizen's comment toward the Soul King as "that thing" as if characterizing the Soul King as a monster.

Too much to think about but I believe Ichigo is in grave danger.
    2013 MH Resolution: Ignore the fanboys.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

he shouldn't be much strong,but urahara somehow managed to see him,as did aizen through the hougyoku. btw,it's cool that we finally saw him. I'm still focused on aizen's statement: "that thing" ,so he isn't actually a shinigami,but kinda an entity.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the spirit king looks kind of the way the aizen look after aizen absorbed the Hōgyoku.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple of other things to comment on...

Firstly, the Ouken. It seems as though there are actually 5 Ouken; one belonging to each Royal Guard. I also have theory regarding the Ouken's creation; remember we were told that an Ouken can be forged using 100,000 souls within a plot of land with a radius of half a spirit-mile? Well, I think it's more than a coincidence that each Royal Guard has a city assigned to them!!! Perhaps the plot of land, along with the souls inhabiting it, are simply transported to the Royal Dimension when an Ouken is created?

Secondly, I might be looking into it too much, but doesn't the Quincy symbol perhaps have some greater relevance? I'm thinking the '5' Royal Guards and the '5' pointed Quincy cross may have some connected meaning; perhaps the Quincies used to have some association with the Royal Guards and the Royal Dimension?
    Predictions
    • Quincies become latent Shinigami when they die, meaning Yhwach is the progenitor of the Shinigami too.
    • The star and name "Quincy" refers to the 5 Royal Guards and the Soul King; this originates in Yhwach wanting to overthrow him.
    • The final battle within the Seireitei will be between Zaraki and Haschwalth.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member espadaboyzz's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter and fun too. I think the resident of the royal palace is the noble family or higher class of spirit entity. But the palace look so 'empty' and quiet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    Secondly, I might be looking into it too much, but doesn't the Quincy symbol perhaps have some greater relevance? I'm thinking the '5' Royal Guards and the '5' pointed Quincy cross may have some connected meaning; perhaps the Quincies used to have some association with the Royal Guards and the Royal Dimension?
    I think you are looking into it too much. Hikifune was promoted just a century before, and I doubt it was because of 1 RG dying/leaving (how would that be, if they don't come out of the palace and there was no serious shit going on in SS?), while the Quincy cross seems to be older than that.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    When I first saw the Soul King my gut feeling is that this guy is "evil".

Someone brought up the moral quandary: How can the Soul King be evil if he's the one that makes the rules?

By logic if he's making all the rules and has people in place to enforce those rules then everyone who opposes those rules are essentially evil. Evil in the sense that they're trying to undermine an established doctrine...

..but what if the whole truth isn't being told? What if there's a lingering, dark secret that was so haunting that it caused Aizen to break rank? What if in the end..Aizen is actually the "Good Guy" and this Soul King is the true evil?

For this to be right the "truth" that is being hidden must be honesty horrifying. Aizen's comment toward the Soul King as "that thing" as if characterizing the Soul King as a monster.

Too much to think about but I believe Ichigo is in grave danger.
    In this regard the issue would be what exactly makes something good or bad. The old platonic question to some extent:"Is what is morally good commanded by God because it is morally good, or is it morally good because it is commanded by God?"

In a extreme scenario the whole thing goes far beyond simple doctrine. The king is not just making simple rules, the king as an actual god would be making non subjective rules by which bleachverse folk have to abide. More than a doctrine what the king would be doing is establishing objectiveness if that makes any sense.

Is the king really god? Is the king the actual origin of good and evil? To some extent it would seem the king is not quite omnipotent as it seems it is actually plausible for lower beings to take his place by usurping the throne. Depending on to what extent the king is actually "god" it wouldn't even matter if there is some dark secret or anything of the sort here because the king is god damned god. Or is good something which exists independently from the king and the king is by all intents and purposes subject to it? If what makes things good or bad is above the king then the king can indeed be evil however if what makes something good or bad is the actual will of the king then the scenario is that in bleachverse if the king orders soup made out of living boiled babies it would be morally wrong and a full blown sin to deny him. I guess there is also a more nihilistic approach to the whole thing and the king is simply a being with more power than others (and according to urahara more responsibility) and there is not actually objective good or evil.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

I wonder if the king actually makes any rules. Urahara called him the "lynchpin" holding the SS together. I can't help myself but compare this to Russia after the revolution and Tzar's death...
    Also, the SK doesn't seem to interfere with the rest of SS. Maybe he's just lying around in front of TV
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

uhm,unohana became captain of the 4th division 400 years ago,and her master had just been promoted to royal guards,probably. so how could urahara witness that and reproduce it??? was he already a great researcher 400 years ago? I don't think he is so old...

New Reply
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast