Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: The best part of the chapter is...

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Introduction of Royal Realm

8 6.84%
  • Explanation of King's Key

11 9.40%
  • Humor during Healing Therapy

28 23.93%
  • Rukia Fan Service

30 25.64%
  • Soul King's Appearance

40 34.19%
New Reply
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 519 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 519 Discussion / 520 Predictions

When will the unknown Royal Guard have his role? First chapter they appear, I was like, yeah, it's fine. It's hard to spread the role to all 5. But 3 chapters later... Seriously?
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    uhm,unohana became captain of the 4th division 400 years ago,and her master had just been promoted to royal guards,probably. so how could urahara witness that and reproduce it??? was he already a great researcher 400 years ago? I don't think he is so old...
    That is something which I had forgotten to comment on, I also noticed something strange there. If we consider the final conversation that urahara had with aizen then it seems evident urahara himself had seen and perhaps met the spirit king. I think it would all be related at this point. The more disturbing part is perhaps that the chapter says urahara examined the water in the spring repeatedly. The first logical and perhaps painfully obvious implication of this is that urahara had access to that water repeatedly. The issue would be how exactly urahara accomplished that. Did he go to the spirit palace a lot? Or did the royal guy get him the water by going to where urahara is? Why would urahara need to investigate the water if he was in some form communicating with the royal guard who apparently came up with this? If he is letting urahara investigate then he might as well reveal the secrets of the water. Honestly though, the whole thing is exceptionally strange. I wonder if it is possible urahara has his own royal key to begin with. With it as a captain he could potentially go in and out of the palace, he just needs something to shot him in and out of there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    uhm,unohana became captain of the 4th division 400 years ago,and her master had just been promoted to royal guards,probably. so how could urahara witness that and reproduce it??? was he already a great researcher 400 years ago? I don't think he is so old...
    Urahara is said to have seen SK... So he must have been to Royal Palace. Also, I think that RG healer wasn't her mster, but a friend specialized in healing. She lost someone close to her and chose not to ever fight again. Thus, she became healer.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Urahara is said to have seen SK... So he must have been to Royal Palace. Also, I think that RG healer wasn't her mster, but a friend specialized in healing. She lost someone close to her and chose not to ever fight again. Thus, she became healer.
    I'm guessing she used to be one of Yama's death squad members, and slaughtered a lot of people, only to have guilt get to her eventually. It's also possible that her true self is similar to kenpachi and she's worried that if she fights she'll be overcome by blood lust and go berserk again.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i know that this chapter revealed alot of interesting facts like the whole hot spring healing abilities, and the key being made of the bones of the zero unit

but all i can think about is rukias butt!!!!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Another thing which we should consider, what exactly is the purpose of the royal guard in all of this? Perhaps more importantly, what exactly in the purpose of the cities the royals guard? Seeing the chapter I got the impression that each royal has to guard a city because each city actually has some sort of important function. Perhaps the 5 cities are were souls are processed before/after the cycle of souls to be revived?

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i know that this chapter revealed alot of interesting facts like the whole hot spring healing abilities, and the key being made of the bones of the zero unit

but all i can think about is rukias butt!!!!
    I would advise getting peaches today.... lots and lots of peaches

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ichigoaizenkiller's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Green Grin Re: Bleach 519 Discussion / 520 Predictions

Awesome chapter i love Ichigo and Kirinji little interaction it rather nostalgic but i guess it was supposed too seeing how Kisuke copied the damn thing. my big question is what did Aizen mean by that THING when referring tho the soul king i mean it looks pretty normal to me besides his eyes. It could be that thats not its real form maybe its like some big blob or something so ugly and revolting that it has to take on form of a regular being. Ahhhhh i dont know so many questions to all the answers we got this chapter.
    "admiration is the emotion furthest from
    understanding."

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a question for those who know the lore well...is Seireitei a purely militaristic compound? Or those it have civilians(mind you not Rukongai)...cuz I'm thinking that a royal environment should have nobility, so maybe the nobility has it's HQ there...Shihouin, Kuchiki, etc...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter. I like that Kubo's bringing some humour back into Bleach, though I doubt that'll last when the bloodshed resumes. After last week's chapter I was hoping we'd see the Soul King, but as I was reading this week's I was getting the impression that we wouldn't. And then at the end of the chapter, I got a nice surprise (even if it was only a glimpse). So, Soul King is an "it" according to Aizen and Urahara, but evidently "it" takes the form of a man. Those creepy eyes and lack of eyebrows reminded me of Butterflaizen, actually. I hope we see all of him next week.

So when the Royal Guard say Aizen was trying to "create life" by "recreating one of us (them)", what do they mean exactly? Are they saying the Ouken would take the form of a living being? I would assume that they simply meant he would create an Ouken within himself or one of his subordinates, but their exact wording confuses me a little. But anyway, I wonder if that process of infusing an individual with 'Ouken' has anything to do with the change in Hikifune's appearance that Shinji alluded to. It could also be why Shutara's got six giant arms, too.

I like the whole layout of the Royal Realm. Each guard gets a city. That got me thinking, though, presumably those cities are there for a reason. So assuming that those cities have always been there, who was guarding Hikifune's city before she got promoted? What happened to her predecessor? It could well be something as simple as retirement, but who knows?

Also, Glasses Guy was conspicuously absent again. Maybe he's the one who'll be overseeing the rebuilding of Soul Society, or maybe he's on some other mission right now. Scouting out the Vandenreich, perhaps? It's strange that we haven't even seen him since the RG made their entrance.

So Hairdo's got a name now - Kirinji. He's a cool character. I like how he was just manhandling everybody, was funny how he just picked Byakuya up and tossed him into the blood pool, haha. But it's interesting - he's behind the technology that Urahara based the healing hotspring on, after having analysed the 'Bone Hell' and 'Blood Hell' ponds. That, coupled with the fact that he's seen the Soul King would suggest that he's been to Royal Realm once before. if that's true, I wonder why?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

the chapter was ight,but it didnt answer much for me, i mean now we have even more questions about Urahara and his knowledge.....and what was the circumstance of him meeting or finding out about the soul king

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

the king looks anoying already...i'm starting to see what Aizen was talking about just with a simple glance at him lol, he klinda looks like an entitled brat, the kind of person that will need a smacking from Ichigo

which would be great if he didnt look like if he blinks you die...lol

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So.....the King of Souls pretty much looks like a modern day weirdo with colorful contacts...how splendid I was honestly expecting a little more.....perhaps flashy.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I seriously doubt Urahara is going to be an antagonist.

It'd be worth it, however, just because I would witness every single Bleach forum implode out of sheer butthurt

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stzake View Post
    And here is the big one,
    How Aizen knew what Soul King looks like if he is not been there?
    Because Aizen has already seen him/it. Now when and where that took place is the question.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    Just...Wow!!!...

So, we've found out what the Ouken actually is, and we've seen a glimpse of the Spirit King (who, might I say, looks very transcentendalesque)!!! If Aizen saw the Spirit King, it's no wonder he decided to merge himself with the Hougyoko!

IMO, after reading this chapter, it seems as though Aizen and/or the Vandenreich are eventually going to be successful in infiltrating the Royal Dimension. However, I have changed my belief that Aizen is going to be the final Antagonist; I think it's going to actually be the Soul King (who'll bitch-slap a revived Butterflaizen into oblivion).

As for the similarities between Aizen and the Soul King; I think there's a simple explaination for these similarities. The first thing we know is that both Aizen and Urahara have more-than-likely seen the Soul King. From this chapter, we also know that Urahara seems to have taken ideas of technology from the Royal Dimension (the hot spring) and recreated them. We also know that both Aizen and Urahara each developed their own Hougyoko. Putting 2+2 together, I think that they both got the idea of developing the Hougyoku from an existing example in the Royal Dimension, and I think that the Hougyoko in the Royal Dimension is fused with the Soul King.

This would make sense, as we know the Hougyoko essentially guides a being to acheive its absolute potential; it could also be described as a tool that shapes beings into an optimal form. That's what caused Aizen to undergo his evolutionary changes, and what has probably also shaped all of the Shinigami (albeit at a simpler level) and the Soul King himself...
    Yeah, what if the King is like the Hougyoku but three times as stronger or something? Creating life, ruling over souls...maybe it's the origin of all reiatsu, like a big mix of all kinds of reiatsu.

Perhaps Aizen was tired of being restrained by the King's rules, and wanted to transcend all these separate classes it was creating. A lot like hating the government for separating society into different classes, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Also, Glasses Guy was conspicuously absent again. Maybe he's the one who'll be overseeing the rebuilding of Soul Society, or maybe he's on some other mission right now. Scouting out the Vandenreich, perhaps? It's strange that we haven't even seen him since the RG made their entrance.

So Hairdo's got a name now - Kirinji. He's a cool character. I like how he was just manhandling everybody, was funny how he just picked Byakuya up and tossed him into the blood pool, haha. But it's interesting - he's behind the technology that Urahara based the healing hotspring on, after having analysed the 'Bone Hell' and 'Blood Hell' ponds. That, coupled with the fact that he's seen the Soul King would suggest that he's been to Royal Realm once before. if that's true, I wonder why?
    Yeah it is strange. Maybe he has a special role.

And that's a good question -- why on earth was Urahara in the Royal Dimension? Was he nominated to be a Royal Guard or their helper? His Zanpakuto Benihime actually means "Crimson Princess", so could there be a connection?

And how the heck did Aizen see the King? I kinda doubt he sent in one of his surveillance bugs...
    Last edited by Notak; December 05, 2012 at 03:04 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The antagonist has to be the Soul King. Nobody else but the Central 46 fit that role, but they are just a court that is not hard to destroy.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

New Reply
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast