Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: The best part of the chapter is...

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Introduction of Royal Realm

8 6.84%
  • Explanation of King's Key

11 9.40%
  • Humor during Healing Therapy

28 23.93%
  • Rukia Fan Service

30 25.64%
  • Soul King's Appearance

40 34.19%
New Reply
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 519 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Glassjaw003's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 519 Discussion / 520 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Never imagined I'd get a glimpse of the Spirit King on my birthday. Thanks for the present Kubo!

But in all seriousness this was a great chapter. I'm guessing the "ouken" Aizen was trying to create was Ichigo. Make's a lot of sense. Only took about a 100 chapters after Aizen's defeat to clear that up.

So far the Royal Realm is pretty damn cool. It's been a long time since Kubo let us explore a new world. The Spirit King's eyes are mad freaky.
    There is no indication that Ichigo was supposed to be the key, in fact there is contradictory evidence. If Aizen was so worried about getting a key, then he would have been worried about where Ichigo was at the time of his arrival to the real town, but he wasn't, he had left Ichigo behind. Maybe he would have just combined the souls into a single entity, which would makes sense since you need a high soul density to form enough power of single Zero Division Captain.

Also, it seems that Yama used to be part of the Zero Squad before being promoted to CC, which is why he had a key to enter the Kings realm.

Also, I can concur with Bach not being the antagonists as it seems the main problem with the show is the SS and how it needs to be. Also, do you see how sinister the Soul King looks? Looks almost Aizen-esk, like corrupted. This screams of people pulling Ichigo in every direction to have them on their side. You have Aizen, the Quinies, Fullbringers, and Shinigami all fighting for it. I have the feeling that Bach will end of being a good guy with the Shiba family and the fullbringers helping them.

Also, maybe the Shiba clan has a mix of Shinigami blood and Quincy blood which could account for them not being a Noble family anymore. Though Kaien was part of the SS.
    Last edited by Glassjaw003; December 05, 2012 at 07:05 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing chapter! I loved, mostly, appearance of the Soul King. He clearly resembles Aizen, which is even more wild considering how far Aizen evolved. Anybody else catch the SK's pupils and how they resembled the Soul Palace flag? I have many theories concerning this chapter.

1) Urahara is the culprit behind everything lol. His emission out of SS now seems more so related to his dealings in the Soul Palace. (Testing water from the springs and his knowledge surrounding the Soul King. In fact, his knowledge of the Soul King is just suspicious. Did the SK task Urahara with something?) Pure speculation.

2)The Zero Squadron Have the "IT" Factor I stated some chapters back that there was a distinction between the Captains and Squad Zero, well, this chapter proves that. The SK imbued the 'key' into their bones. I feel safe in saying they are also endowed with something more powerful too.

3)The Idea that Aizen is Purely Evil Will Change I find it highly suspicious that Aizen would aid SS in ANY manner unless it concerned him. i.e. the time shift with Buckbeard. The idea of what's considered good and evil comes into question, also. The Quincy more evil and sinister than Aizen? Buckbeard revealing Ichi's Blut Blood and possible alternate past brings this idea of what's good and bad into question. Ichi did a damn nice job of correcting SS wrong doings up until now. Yama having a questionable past also doesn't help. I'm sure the Soul Palace itself has some pretty nasty traditions in need of renewal.

4)The Zero Squadron is Stronger than You Think From obvious observations, the fact that Urahara manipulated the pool's healing process is interesting. While he was able to copy it, it was only to an extent. In fact, many of Urahara's contraptions and what nots seem to be carbon copies of something far greater. Aizen was attempting to create the "essence" of a Zero Squadron member brings the anatomy and physiology of the Zero Squadron into question.

Again, this is all speculation.
    Among thousands of comrades and ten thousand enemies, only you... only you made me forget my dream. I see it!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting theories from several of you.

Mine is: Is Bach also after the Hougyoku? Does he want to create something similar, something stronger? Does he even want to become the Spirit King, or just destroy it?
    Really wondering if the Hougyoku will play a bigger role in the plot. Surely Bach must know about such a powerful device.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering the Soul Kings appearance, and the fact that we now know Urahara was at some point present in the palace of souls analysing stuff am going to go ahead and theorize that Urahara developed the Hogyouku after analysing the Soul King...as a tool to take a normal Shinigami and turn him into a transcendent being such as the Soul King....If this is true, I wonder why he did it? Did he also at some point consider him a threat?
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You just all wait till Urahara take off his hat and slicks his hair back!

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

6. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

The pool healing method would have been so much sexier if it was Unohana who was doing it...her interaction with Ichigo is something I would have loved to see
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai Senkan Mora View Post
    Considering the Soul Kings appearance, and the fact that we now know Urahara was at some point present in the palace of souls analysing stuff am going to go ahead and theorize that Urahara developed the Hogyouku after analysing the Soul King...as a tool to take a normal Shinigami and turn him into a transcendent being such as the Soul King....If this is true, I wonder why he did it? Did he also at some point consider him a threat?
    I think you guys are all reading too far into the urahara thing - the Zero Squad captain was, at some point, a member of Soul Society. Remember - he taught Unohana (possibly even the ex-captain of 4th Division). So its possible, dare I say likely, that Urahara observed him while he was still in soul society.

Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zan2pacto View Post
    I think you guys are all reading too far into the urahara thing - the Zero Squad captain was, at some point, a member of Soul Society. Remember - he taught Unohana (possibly even the ex-captain of 4th Division). So its possible, dare I say likely, that Urahara observed him while he was still in soul society.
    While not explicitly stated that he analysed them from Kirinji's city in the soul palace, it is implied to be so...I doubt your idea is right, I mean even before Urahara was promoted to captain Unohana was still captain of the 4th squad, when Urahara made it to captain, it was revealed Kirio Hikifune had just been promoted to Royal Guard recently...There is no way Kirinji had been as well or Kyouraku and Ukitake would have mentioned that in their conversation...so it is impossible they interacted in soul society..it is also known that Urahara had indeed seen the Spirit King in the conversation with the defeated Aizen
    Last edited by Kyodai Senkan Mora; December 06, 2012 at 12:17 AM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zan2pacto View Post
    I think you guys are all reading too far into the urahara thing - the Zero Squad captain was, at some point, a member of Soul Society.
    400. hundred. years. ago. Urahara was 2nd squad 3rd seat 100 years ago. He isn't so old. When talking to Aizen he proved to us, that he SAW SK. So he saw SK and examined something in Royal Realm. It's safe to assume, he WAS in Soul Palace.

Aizen: "Why do you let yourself be controlled by that THING?!"
    Urahara: "That thing... so you saw it"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The soul king reminds me of bug with wings aizen. So far this guy is my favorite zero squad guy but that could change. I want to see how good these guys are in action.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    That is something which I had forgotten to comment on, I also noticed something strange there. If we consider the final conversation that urahara had with aizen then it seems evident urahara himself had seen and perhaps met the spirit king. I think it would all be related at this point. The more disturbing part is perhaps that the chapter says urahara examined the water in the spring repeatedly. The first logical and perhaps painfully obvious implication of this is that urahara had access to that water repeatedly. The issue would be how exactly urahara accomplished that. Did he go to the spirit palace a lot? Or did the royal guy get him the water by going to where urahara is? Why would urahara need to investigate the water if he was in some form communicating with the royal guard who apparently came up with this? If he is letting urahara investigate then he might as well reveal the secrets of the water. Honestly though, the whole thing is exceptionally strange. I wonder if it is possible urahara has his own royal key to begin with. With it as a captain he could potentially go in and out of the palace, he just needs something to shot him in and out of there.
    Maybe it has something to do with Yoruichi and her family. They did spend a lot of time together when they were younger perhaps she knew some secrets that only the royals are known to possess and passed that information on to Urahara. Urahara's stock seems to keep rising the deeper we get. Maybe the Soul King kept an eye on him for his extreme intelligence. Who knows but a lot of interesting things are happening right now. I'm glad the pace isn't deathly slow either, it's nice to get new information each chapter.
    Last edited by GOOMOONRYONG; December 06, 2012 at 01:49 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    400. hundred. years. ago. Urahara was 2nd squad 3rd seat 100 years ago. He isn't so old. When talking to Aizen he proved to us, that he SAW SK. So he saw SK and examined something in Royal Realm. It's safe to assume, he WAS in Soul Palace.

Aizen: "Why do you let yourself be controlled by that THING?!"
    Urahara: "That thing... so you saw it"
    Even if he's that old, he wasn't even a VC at the time of Hikifune's promotion. Why would another squad's captain bother to tell him such a secret?
    By assumption, he might be a lowly-seated officer at best when Kirinji was in SS, and he wasn't a healer-type, so, there was no need to tell him about that pool even if he showcased his genius back then.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope we get to see soon Kisuke Urahara fighting for real without being silly, i think people underestimated Kisuke Urahara, i think urahara is a a hell of a guy with his fighting skill and his brain and tactics, he is someone to be fear and if he turn evil, he will a big trouble even worst than aizen..

Isshin is being always in my head, he isn't an ordinary soul reaper or just a former captain of the gotei 13 for example, Isshin is some as the level of zero division with urahara..
    Last edited by EMS; December 06, 2012 at 03:10 AM.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, the Royal Key isn't their literal bones. It's their whole bodies. "It's our very bones" is said as in "our flesh and blood". It's not like the King gave them special bones: he modified their bodies in some way so that they have the power to grant access to the Palace.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    Guys, the Royal Key isn't their literal bones. It's their whole bodies. "It's our very bones" is said as in "our flesh and blood". It's not like the King gave them special bones: he modified their bodies in some way so that they have the power to grant access to the Palace.
    Like fusing with the hyogoku right?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Why would the soul king be the antagonist? Maybe he won't necessarily be a good guy however what of it? The manga has already made the point that one way or the other the soul king is an absolutely necessary existence for reality itself. The manga has already given us some details regarding who the bad guy is. A while back some shinigami made the point that the quincy were fighting for justice, THEIR justice. Shinigami were also fighting for THEIR justice and whatnot.

The quincy and shinigami are not enemies because they simply dislike each other, they are enemies because their views are incompatible to the point of them not being able to exist across multiple dimensions. The quincy are out to destroy the shinigami, the royal guard and ultimately the soul king because whatever the shinigami and co protect and belief is intrinsically wrong and must absolutely be destroyed(and the 20000 hollow souls which won't reincarnated along with the 28000 souls which had to be sacrificed to prevent the apocalypse and the potential billions who could be affected from the destruction of the balance of souls are acceptable casualties for the sake of their goal). The shinigami are out to get the quincy because whatever the quincy ambition might be it is something which must absolutely must not be allowed to come to fruition, because the balance of souls must be protected, because the king whether good or bad is intrinsically necessary for reality itself.
    That's what we've been told, but should we take it at face-value? Maybe there's another alternative for coexistance.

New Reply
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast