Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

7 6.36%
  • 2] Average

11 10.00%
  • 3] Good

37 33.64%
  • 4] Great

40 36.36%
  • 5] Epic

15 13.64%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

0 0%
New Reply
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 691 Discussion

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 691 Discussion / 692 Predictions

CC's megalomania reached Moria level, he is so comparable to Moria now, growing bigger, getting the fat face, it seems this will be his true end though. I doubt he will recover from this and evolve again. But in terms of him being a villain, at least Oda is trying to show that it is kind of harder to defeat him than Hody. That is what I am getting at with CC's endurance.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobop View Post
    Fuck Mangapanda, the best part of the chapter was taken out.

Look at this awesome colorspread (freaking huge):
    http://imageshack.us/a/img145/2906/coldr.jpg

LOL, Hina and Smoker in their cadet time... They're all there... Vergo, Drake, too. Oda didn't even forget about Pudding Pudding who died back in Arlong Arc!

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this what annoys me about this manga....law cutting vergo in half last week was epic but the fact that vego isnt dead and law is not going to finish bim off is bs. all that talk telling Joker about losimg his right hand man is garbage. NO ONE EVER DIES IN THIS MANGA. never any sense of danger because everyone survives. fodder doesnt count. watch...i bet monet and even the yeti cool brothers will still be alive. no danger ever. law just leaves vergo alive...lol. pure bs. also CC losoks just like moriah from tje thriller bark arc. thats a recycled concept just ready for this arc to be over with. only thing about this chapter that saved it was usopp showing some stones

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Re: One Piece 691 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kg21tmac1 View Post
    From the sound of things, why does it seem like that Law will be the one fighting joker? Maybe, Big mom is saved for Luffy?
    yes i agree law fights joker i believe oda is going to give each supernova screen time since they are important to the story.

i am interested in joker's past as said by vergo. i think cesar was kept alive for his subordinates to know about his evil ways. Also oda wanted luffy to show a little bit of his new power. loool BANG GOES CC.
    ussop is going to beat up the subordinates looool soo coool as first we run away now he stands his ground

oda is a little teaser not showing us the last page of luffy destroying cesar

i would prefer law to fight joker so that it looks like doflamingo is destroyed by his own subordinate and we can know more about the history of both of them

the chapter was great lesss talk more action - oda - fast pace

does anyone notice that vergo's head spilt into two in the same way monet's body split into two. Did law use a fear kill intent?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh even Vergo is in that doublespread ? When the hell did he join the Marines anyway ? Well well, Tsuru looks pretty beautiful there, and Garp looks a lot like Dragon when he was young rather than Luffy.... Sentomaru, and T-Bone is there too, and Fullbody too, and Nezumi... and Pandaman hahaha

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... One seems to be missing on the spread.
    Spoiler show

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter had it's moments. But the scene jump after cutting up Vergo from last week to this week was a bit... unfulfilling, considering that is what we were left with. No response from Zoro about the cut, but his entry with Tashigi was still just awesome... poor Sanji, haha. I think next week's chapter will be better. We really just want CC to be ko'd already. Luffy's little run, with Ussop's voice over was quite dramatic. I think it would play out epicly in the anime. Especially if it was a full scene including the smash.

That double spread is amazing. Their outfits are just the best. The hell is with Nami's skirt?? Chopper and his sword looks so unthreatening. Zorro could be captain with that pose. But yeah, all the guys costumes are great. The characters are still all recognisable by their youthful faces, and what a scale of drawing.. amazing, just amazing Oda.

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Well... One seems to be missing on the spread.
    Spoiler show
    Damnit, just came back to edit my post and comment on the same thing!!!
    Last edited by scott1uk; December 05, 2012 at 10:10 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 691 Spoiler Discussion

good chapter. oh man why didn't Law finish off Vergo?! you know he'll come back to bite you.

Vergo still has his haki while chopped to pieces.. hmm..
    Last edited by kulugo; December 05, 2012 at 10:14 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 691 Spoiler Discussion

Well...For this it was worth seeing CC still surviving. But please, please Oda...Don't make it survive again!
    Quote Originally Posted by trunterzx View Post
    So Caesar is covered with Shinokuni... Then wouldn't Luffy's hands also solidify when they land on Caesar? Just like how he was poisoned when he punched Magellan
    Probably, but Haki magic will avoid it.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobop View Post
    Fuck Mangapanda, the best part of the chapter was taken out.

Look at this awesome colorspread (freaking huge):
    http://imageshack.us/a/img145/2906/coldr.jpg
    that's a lot of marines... heart shaped head, water drop head, fish looking guy, chopper copy cat, robot guys, animal guys, serious looking guys.
    i hope they're all new world top caliber marines! why is mr. 1 there? who's that Ace/Luffy with scar looking a top Aokiji?

Franky would be jealous of that long hair with cap in the middle marine! he looks badass!

how can Oda keep track of all this characters...
    Last edited by kulugo; December 05, 2012 at 10:30 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shisu's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kulugo View Post
    that's a lot of marines... heart shaped head, water drop head, fish looking guy, chopper copy cat, robot guys, animal guys, serious looking guys.
    i hope they're all new world top caliber marines! why is mr. 1 there? who's that Ace/Luffy with scar looking a top Aokiji?

Franky would be jealous of that long hair with cap in the middle marine! he looks badass!

It's Garp. He sure looks cool.
    Look at the gap bewteen Frankys arm and body. There's pandaman!

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kulugo View Post

That's not Mr. 1, it's a young Smoker.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    this what annoys me about this manga....law cutting vergo in half last week was epic but the fact that vego isnt dead and law is not going to finish bim off is bs. all that talk telling Joker about losimg his right hand man is garbage. NO ONE EVER DIES IN THIS MANGA. never any sense of danger because everyone survives. fodder doesnt count. watch...i bet monet and even the yeti cool brothers will still be alive. no danger ever. law just leaves vergo alive...lol. pure bs. also CC losoks just like moriah from tje thriller bark arc. thats a recycled concept just ready for this arc to be over with. only thing about this chapter that saved it was usopp showing some stones
    why would vergo die? he was in law's room and you cant die in it

young garp in that color spread looks a whole lot like luffy and ace. also, that guy on the left of zoro, x drake?

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scott1uk View Post
    Chapter had it's moments. But the scene jump after cutting up Vergo from last week to this week was a bit... unfulfilling, considering that is what we were left with. No response from Zoro about the cut, but his entry with Tashigi was still just awesome... poor Sanji, haha. I think next week's chapter will be better. We really just want CC to be ko'd already. Luffy's little run, with Ussop's voice over was quite dramatic. I think it would play out epicly in the anime. Especially if it was a full scene including the smash.

That double spread is amazing. Their outfits are just the best. The hell is with Nami's skirt?? Chopper and his sword looks so unthreatening. Zorro could be captain with that pose. But yeah, all the guys costumes are great. The characters are still all recognisable by their youthful faces, and what a scale of drawing.. amazing, just amazing Oda.

Damnit, just came back to edit my post and comment on the same thing!!!
    About that, if it was just a little bit higher..........oops did i think that out loud

Those sketching is truly a work of art. Oda once again has gone beyond expectations. Question though, who is the chick in between garp and saul? And Vergo looks like Kohza from alabasta arc hahahaha Sorry i mixed vergo up with the dude next to bellemere my bad people

On another side note: you know that we are all true one piece fans where we can name most of these guys...... is something wrong with that? LOL
    Last edited by kg21tmac1; December 05, 2012 at 11:35 AM.

22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scott1uk View Post
    That double spread is amazing. Their outfits are just the best. The hell is with Nami's skirt??
    Well, apparently she grew back from this:
    Spoiler: concept art for Movie Z show

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast