Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

7 6.36%
  • 2] Average

11 10.00%
  • 3] Good

37 33.64%
  • 4] Great

40 36.36%
  • 5] Epic

15 13.64%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

0 0%
New Reply
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 691 Discussion

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 691 Discussion / 692 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    It's a cartoon so you shouldn't take this so seriously.It fits the plot well and it serves him well to die there.I would mind if he starts moving his body while he is caught by the flame though
    if we follow that way,we shouldn't even discuss or predict chapters. sure it's a manga and we can't really believe anything,but I doubt oda won't count that kinemon could move,and that's why he make law cut him at all,to prevent him from moving. Vergo won't die,noone ever die. I think buffalo and baby 5 will adjust his body as sanji did to kinemon...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    if we follow that way,we shouldn't even discuss or predict chapters. sure it's a manga and we can't really believe anything,but I doubt oda won't count that kinemon could move,and that's why he make law cut him at all,to prevent him from moving. Vergo won't die,noone ever die. I think buffalo and baby 5 will adjust his body as sanji did to kinemon...
    Sorry to break this to you but predict a scenario as nothing to do with what is real but mostly with what scenario is the most suited to for plot.I mean think about it.How is it possible for someone like Ceasar who is so weaker then Vergo to endure punches which seem to be imbued with a far more advanced CoA then the one Law used to defeat Vergo?The answer is simple;it serves the plot better for Luffy to be the last one fighting since he is the main caracter.

The same way i don't see any purpose for Vergo to survive this arc since he is already defeated enless Oda wishes to recycle him into a nice guy which i doubt he would.He is done for it.He already played his part which was to give us an idea of how strong Doflamingo is by showing us his own strenght.As far as i am consern to make him do more than he have already done would just be irrelevant.

And about the "none ever die"thing!?Seriously!?I mean were have you been for the past decaaade i hate to break this up to you but Oda broke his vow of "kill nobody" to join the team of "murder everyone".You should take a look at the marineford arc for some recap...Ain't nobody safe no moore!
    Last edited by Rody naruto; December 08, 2012 at 02:16 AM.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You can look at this arc, all those G-5 and henchmen of Caesar are dying in dozens.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I will believe they are dead only when they leave the island without them. I would see it as a bad writing if the death of 2 characters for plot purpose was an excuse to start make people die easily in One Piece. I remember you that Caribou's men have not died when they surely should have given what happened to them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well you got to admit that Oda's writing went a bit darker since the marinford arc.As far as i am consern i don't see why anyone would want to save them after what they did to these kids,the G-5 soldiers and Brownbeard's men.At least Law and Smoker didn't show intention of saving Vergo's life.At worst maybe Monet could pull this off but Vergo i doubt it.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course you can keep the option of them still being alive under the "ash", but wouldn't that turn Caesar's deadly weapon futile? A whole country "dead", but ressurectable sounds weird. But I could see Chopper using something on Luffy, Buffed CC uses his gas on him.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I was talking about the main characters. fodders like g5,whose names are even unknown,can easily die. oda kills important characters only in the flashbacks,although ace and WB are a different issue,dunno whether odr junior died too,but moria didn't,i bet it. I don't see any reason to let vergo die like this,shouldn't smoker be eager to bring him in front of justice? imo,buffalo and baby 5 are gonna rescue him.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    You can look at this arc, all those G-5 and henchmen of Caesar are dying in dozens.
    That's fodder. Fodder has been dying at least since the Alabasta arc. Remember Luffy saying to Vivi that she can't save everyone and that there will be people dying. That was, as far as I can remember, the first implication that the "fodder" is in fact dying sometimes. In the current Arc it is just shown more directly, but nothing has really changed aside from that.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    Well you got to admit that Oda's writing went a bit darker since the marinford arc.
    Not particularly. In what way has it been darker ? Racism issue is not worse than the slave trading from shabondy. In this arc we have mass weapon destruction but we also had one in Enies lobby.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Mangarule's version out:

http://mangarule.altervista.org/blog...ece-ch-691-hq/

As for the death character discussion, if g-5 marines, blackbeard pirates monet and vergo die in Punk Hazard, at least that would be pretty consistent with the whole development of the arc. Now, as for the whole manga, maybe that could be also an improvement. After all, .... this is the New World.
    Last edited by ukimix; December 08, 2012 at 09:36 AM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm ok either way honestly . I like how Oda is choosing to do everything . And it's not like he's not killing characters , i mean he even killed Ace and many other characters . He just likes to surprise us like in Ace's case but that i don't think it's a bad thing . I love unpredictable mangaka and that's how Oda is

In this arc i don't think the people that were poisned by Shinokuni will die . I just have this feeling , mainly 'cause some were good guys and the others just stupid guinea pigs . They deserve a 2nd chance i guess As for Vergo i hope he remains like that forever . It would be the worst ending for such a guy

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh please. Get back on topic. How this manga kills or doesn't kill is irrelevant to this particular chapter.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that Ussop can do would be to close the vents. But what would be the purpose of that action? in the plot? .... Oh no... more punches from Luffy on Caesar face! Another ugly prediction.
    ... maybe Oda wants Baby and Buffalo make their numbers in Punk Hazard?!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zoro-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Law has become much stronger in 2 years, but for sure so has Vergo. I think(hope) we will see some bad ass fights in the next chapter. It seems too easy that both Law vs Vergo and Luffy vs Ceasar's battle is over so fast. This is the new world, these villains got some bad cards up their sleeves.
    http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z137/DreamsInMotion/Luffy.png

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is for discussion of the current chapter and short term predictions only. Not interested? One Piece has a forum to itself, start a new thread if needed. At least have the common courtesy to allow those interested in discussing this weeks chapter to do so, without having to sift through pages of unrelated posts. The lack of death in One Piece has nothing to do with chapter 691. Posts regarding this subject will be deleted on sight, and further disciplinary action taken if needed. Anyone who wants to continue the discussion in an appropriate place, please start a thread on the main board.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast