Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply

Thread: What If? - Soul Society Invasion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mauricio Raphael's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What If? - Soul Society Invasion

I want to pose a scenario:
    What if Aizen had invaded Soul Society like Bach instead of what happened in Fake Karakura Town?
    Do you think Aizen could have caused the same amount of damage as Bach did?

Of course, there would be no Bankai stealing devices but with Gin, Tousen, the Espadas and their Fracciones, would Soul Society be in ruins like now?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What If? - Soul Society Invasion

I think the scenario would at large have been the same here. There were many things which allowed for the physical destruction of SS recently and perhaps the more important one of them was that the quincy appeared past the barrier which is supposed to be around sereitei and the stern rittern were scattered all through sereitei. The physical destruction of sereitei is not in itself an impressive thing nor does it actually show how powerful either side was. The stern rittern started out scattered around SS meaning that whoever was to fight them needed time to get to were they were. We know for a fact that the vast mayority of the power held by the gotei 13 is heavily concentrated in the 13 captains, the rest of the squad members are insignificant in comparison. In this regard the war started in an scenario where the captains had to actually get to where the stern rittern were which in turn allowed them to rampage and kill worthless shinigami. Then when the captains were busy fighting more stern rittern the quincy called their militia which was more than able to cause more damage. I would think that if the ten espada along with tousen and gin appear randomly around sereitei they would do basically the same amount of damage until the captains can stop their rampage. Same could be said if things were the other way around and the captains invaded HM or the frozen palace. A couple thousand would die until someone gets physically there to stop them.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Aizen and crew could have caused that kind of destruction, but I don't think they had the incentive to do so. The quincys have an old score to settle with the shinigamis. Aizen just had ambitions of standing at the top and you can't stand on top of a mountain that you crush on the way up, right?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know
    I always thought that Aizen, if he played his cards right, could've won... He screwed up on so many levels :

1- Lost many Espadas with some unique abilities back in HM... Imagine if he personally went to deal with Mayuri/Byakuya (especially Mayuri), then Zommari and Sszayel would still be alive, and these two have some nasty abilities that would be deadly if used in teamwork, also it would've meant Ichigo and all the others stuck in HM since Mayuri was the one who opened the Garganta

2- Teamwork between the Espadas : Barragan for example, could've been used for support rather than fighting directly, imagine if Ulquiorra came, then you got something like Ulquiorra vs Hitsugaya/Harribel vs Soi Fong/Starkk vs Shunsui, and then Barragan using his Respira to kill the captains whenever they drop their guards, if used correctly and with good teamwork, his ability would've caused many many damage

3- Using Wonderweiss, he would seal RJ ---> Yamamoto pretty much useless in front of Aizen, could take him down with Kyoka Suigetsu then, Vizards would still get pwned, none have what it takes to beat Aizen alone...

4- Aizen and his gang vs Isshin/Urahara/Yoruichi, and the result would be obvious too...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    I think that Aizen and crew could have caused that kind of destruction, but I don't think they had the incentive to do so. The quincys have an old score to settle with the shinigamis. Aizen just had ambitions of standing at the top and you can't stand on top of a mountain that you crush on the way up, right?
    Agreed, I don't think Aizen wanted that type of destruction. There's a nice quote from Sun Tzu..."In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemy's country whole and intact; to shatter and destroy it is not so good. So, too, it is better to recapture an army entire than to destroy it, to capture a regiment, a detachment or a company entire than to destroy them."

But I'm not sure that he could have caused that type of destruction with just the Espada, Gin and Tousen. I'm thinking he would need the Menos, and Exequias too but hey who knows, we did see Gin take out a couple buildings in FKKT with what we thought was originally his Bankai.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be.
    Just imagine Komamura fighting that giant Fraccion in SS. That fight alone would destroy a good number of buildings.
    Destructive force behind Espada attacks didn't look like any weaker than SR to me, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I don't know
    I always thought that Aizen, if he played his cards right, could've won... He screwed up on so many levels :

1- Lost many Espadas with some unique abilities back in HM... Imagine if he personally went to deal with Mayuri/Byakuya (especially Mayuri), then Zommari and Sszayel would still be alive, and these two have some nasty abilities that would be deadly if used in teamwork, also it would've meant Ichigo and all the others stuck in HM since Mayuri was the one who opened the Garganta

2- Teamwork between the Espadas : Barragan for example, could've been used for support rather than fighting directly, imagine if Ulquiorra came, then you got something like Ulquiorra vs Hitsugaya/Harribel vs Soi Fong/Starkk vs Shunsui, and then Barragan using his Respira to kill the captains whenever they drop their guards, if used correctly and with good teamwork, his ability would've caused many many damage

3- Using Wonderweiss, he would seal RJ ---> Yamamoto pretty much useless in front of Aizen, could take him down with Kyoka Suigetsu then, Vizards would still get pwned, none have what it takes to beat Aizen alone...

4- Aizen and his gang vs Isshin/Urahara/Yoruichi, and the result would be obvious too...
    He screwed up truly on a single moment and it was underestimating Urahara Kisuke. Other than that, he split SS forces quite well. Got rid of dealing with four more captains, got rid of RJ' flames and defeated Isshin/Urahara/Yoruichi trio on his own without any help.
    But he never thought Urahara might have a trick up in his sleeve to counter his near-invincible level of power.
    Well, technically speaking, he screwed up against Gin, too, but that turned out to be a let off.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yeah...I always forget about Komamura.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    It would be.
    Just imagine Komamura fighting that giant Fraccion in SS. That fight alone would destroy a good number of buildings.
    Destructive force behind Espada attacks didn't look like any weaker than SR to me, either.

He screwed up truly on a single moment and it was underestimating Urahara Kisuke. Other than that, he split SS forces quite well. Got rid of dealing with four more captains, got rid of RJ' flames and defeated Isshin/Urahara/Yoruichi trio on his own without any help.
    But he never thought Urahara might have a trick up in his sleeve to counter his near-invincible level of power.
    Well, technically speaking, he screwed up against Gin, too, but that turned out to be a let off.
    He could've reduced SS forces even more effeciently, as I pointed out in my post, if he just killed Mayuri, just Mayuri alone, Ichigo would be stuck in HM... Then anything else doesn't matter

Also, now that I think about it... I think he did destroy the Kototsu to give Ichigo a chance to improve, remember when Ichigo appeared in KT after his training, Aizen said " You have failed to grasp the final chance I bestowed upon you ", I always found that sentence weird, as I thought that Aizen destroying the Kototsu was just to test his powers... But it may not be the case

In the end, it was Aizen's arrogance that caused his defeat

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the Numeros are each as powerful as the higher ranking Shinigami. They're not all created equal of course, but on average, Aizen's Arrancar were probably in the range of 4th seat to VC-class in terms of power. There are about 70 Numeros, more than enough to annihilate the rank-and-file of the Gotei 13 I should think.

Where it gets more complicated is Captains vs. Espada. If they pair up differently to how they did in FKT and Las Noches, things could go very differently. Zommari would probably curbstomp Kenpachi for instance, but we all saw how he performed against Senbonzakura Kageyoshi. But if we assume the pairings stay the same, the results should be similar. Szayel Aporro could beat Mayuri if he hasn't had time to replace his organs, and Aaroniero might well have posessed some powers capable of bringing down a Captain (provided they attacked at night time or something), but otherwise, I don't think the individual battles would have played out any differently. Although, had Aizen bothered briefing his subordinates on the powers of their enemies, the Espada might have been able to use their abilities more effectively. Whether or not the Vaizard would show up in SS would also be a factor.

So yes, Team Las Noches could have done some major damage, but whether or not they would win depends.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In a sneak attack there would a lot destruction. But funny they warned SS and still came and kicked their asses. They only difference I guess is that SS would win in the end. Also it's really hard to team up with Barragon, the nature of his abilities makes its tricky. You have to be ranged I guess...

New Reply