Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

Hmm, i can only have it like this :

Top tier:

Luffy
    Law
    Kidd

Mid tier :

Zoro
    Killer
    Hawkins
    Apoo

Low tier"

The rest

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say Luffy is the strongest, with Law/Kidd/Zoro coming second. As it has already been said, what was the point in training when going into the NW could have resulted in faster growth? Luffy was already one of the strongest pre-TS with many people who encountered Zoro mistaking him for the captain, so I'd assume after the TS they grew more than the other SNs.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

at this point i will go with kidd. since the others r unknown. this coming from the fact that before law/hawkins/apoo even discussed their alliance he could give big mam heavy enough losses for her to consider taking the money luffy offered even thou she wasnt all that happy about it. considering his men sucks except killer (as they have been taken out by apoo single handedly) he was the 1 who took down the ships.

about law every1 is awestruck cause of his recent antics but he was getting ready for this.and until i get confirmation he actually defeated (or can even defeat) vergo i dont care if he can manage to split redline in half. for the SH i say we have to w8 until they actually fight some1 worth fighting to say something. as it is a well known phrase 1 min. of the actual thing is better than hours of training. and lest any1 forget the aim of their training wasnt to be better than every1 in NW it was to make them compatible for survival. in NW they r not so much high lvl than when they first entered paradise is my opinion and the end game is still far ahead.(at that time every1 knows the standings anyway )

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is quite pointless, as we have only seen Luffy, Law and Zorro fighting since the timeskip. We lack neccesary information for a proper comparison. If we compare Luffy's , Zorro's and Law's post-timeskip strenght with the other Supernovae pre-timeskip, then its obvious that those three are the strongest.

However, each Supernovae has the potential to be as strong as them.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    as it is a well known phrase 1 min. of the actual thing is better than hours of training.
    agreed...that is what i think...other rookies had first hand experience of fights in NW while luffy was training in the jungle with predictable strong animals...but with other human beings many other factors come into the account
    Quote Quote:
    and lest any1 forget the aim of their training wasnt to be better than every1 in NW it was to make them compatible for survival. in NW they r not so much high lvl than when they first entered paradise is my opinion and the end game is still far ahead.(at that time every1 knows the standings anyway )
    yes that is what rayleigh said..."it takes years to learn haki...but i will pound basics of it in you within these 2 years"...

if we ignore hakis luffy's devil fruit is the simplest and weakest compared to other rookies (imo) like Law and Kid or even Appo...so it wont be surprising that he is weakest at the moment ...
    Last edited by dex; December 02, 2012 at 07:41 PM.

Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

simplest and weakest? i couldn't disagree more, luffy is immune to all but haki and blade attacks, he can take hundred time more beating than law and he is ten times faster and physically stronger than law and on top of that he is been shown much bigger haki level than either zoro or law he can fight equally from distance and from up close... strength is not just about attack power, its about defense and endurance where he is above law by a mile. i cant really compare him to other tough.
    Sorry for my Engrish...

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    simplest and weakest? i couldn't disagree more, luffy is immune to all but haki and blade attacks, he can take hundred time more beating than law and he is ten times faster and physically stronger than law and on top of that he is been shown much bigger haki level than either zoro or law he can fight equally from distance and from up close... strength is not just about attack power, its about defense and endurance where he is above law by a mile. i cant really compare him to other tough.
    I agree with you that Luffy is by no means the weakest of the Supernovae, there is very little chance that he is outside the top 3 at the very least. Luffy's DF is simple, but extremely effective with its simplicity. However, I think you're overestimating Luffy slightly, and underestimating Law significantly. I think it is difficult to suggest that Luffy's haki level is significantly superior to Law's. Luffy's haki has been shown against individuals with low ability for the most part, and Law's display against Vergo was rather impressive. Luffy's base speed might be higher, but Law's ability allows for what is essentially instantaneous teleportation. Luffy's DF offers him great increases in physical stats such as speed, defence, and endurance, but as you say strength is not about one aspect, or just physical attributes.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    if we ignore hakis luffy's devil fruit is the simplest and weakest compared to other rookies (imo) like Law and Kid or even Appo...so it wont be surprising that he is weakest at the moment ...
    I wouldnt say he is weakest or strongest. i will just say neither zoro nor luffy had a fight that could challenge them in terms of judging where they stand. we have no idea how accomplished zoro became with haki or the others. and haki will play the most part for the fights from now on.if we say so this the 3rd game on a trilogy and they just finished obligatory tutorial (F.I) and started with the 1st real mission. but until we have a real boss fight some1 on par like crocodile when they get in GL we cant decide what is and isnt.

there is also other issues to contemplate like what happened to bonney comes to mind 1st and foremost before we can say heads or tails.

Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    I agree with you that Luffy is by no means the weakest of the Supernovae, there is very little chance that he is outside the top 3 at the very least. Luffy's DF is simple, but extremely effective with its simplicity. However, I think you're overestimating Luffy slightly, and underestimating Law significantly. I think it is difficult to suggest that Luffy's haki level is significantly superior to Law's. Luffy's haki has been shown against individuals with low ability for the most part, and Law's display against Vergo was rather impressive. Luffy's base speed might be higher, but Law's ability allows for what is essentially instantaneous teleportation. Luffy's DF offers him great increases in physical stats such as speed, defence, and endurance, but as you say strength is not about one aspect, or just physical attributes.

ye i did overkill with comparison but it should be without a doubt that while law have hax ability and insane offence luffy is a far more capable fighter. nature of their powers is not comparable , luffy is natural born brawler, fighting genius made for front lines shaped by tons of fights whos working on animal like instincts. law is exactly opposite, cautious smart and strategist, working on entire different set of rules and principles which imho is why he is in disadvantage in head to head fight.
    Sorry for my Engrish...

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    Oda has acknowledged that Luffy's DF is weak, that in retrospect he wishes he could have given him a cooler power. Do not forget that for almost the entirety of East Blue, there were only two DF users: Luffy and Buggy. Neither had DF abilities designed with power levels in mind, Oda created them for visual effect only. By the time the Strawhats reached Reverse Mountain only two more DF users had been added: Alvida and Smoker. Alvida, like Buggy and Luffy, had a DF meant more for visual purposes and humor. Smoker would be the only character with a "leveled up" DF ability at the time the Strawhats entered the Grand Line. Even some of the early Grand Line characters (Mr. 3, Chopper), did not have DF abilities written for the purpose of power level, but for visual, plot, or humorous purposes. Judging Luffy based on DF ability would be wrong, and would impose conditions on the manga never intended by the author himself.

One Piece and Hunter x Hunter characters should be judged by accomplishments, not power levels or the nature of their abilities. The plot always determines who wins fights, fights never dictate the course of the plot.
    Last edited by Kaiten; December 03, 2012 at 10:28 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    ye i did overkill with comparison but it should be without a doubt that while law have hax ability and insane offence luffy is a far more capable fighter. nature of their powers is not comparable , luffy is natural born brawler, fighting genius made for front lines shaped by tons of fights whos working on animal like instincts. law is exactly opposite, cautious smart and strategist, working on entire different set of rules and principles which imho is why he is in disadvantage in head to head fight.
    whatever luffy is there are tons out there in new world better than him in everything...i guess one piece is not yet over and luffy will get stronger to the level of fighting 2 strongest devil fruits together...its very much logical that his current standing in the new world is not very high (when comparing to supernovas and other big guns)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Oda has acknowledged that Luffy's DF is weak, that in retrospect he wishes he could have given him a cooler power. Do not forget that for almost the entirety of East Blue, there were only two DF users: Luffy and Buggy. Neither had DF abilities designed with power levels in mind, Oda created them for visual effect only. By the time the Strawhats reached Reverse Mountain only two more DF users had been added: Alvida and Smoker. Alvida, like Buggy and Luffy, had a DF meant more for visual purposes and humor. Smoker would be the only character with a "leveled up" DF ability at the time the Strawhats entered the Grand Line. Even some of the early Grand Line characters (Mr. 3, Chopper), did not have DF abilities written for the purpose of power level, but for visual, plot, or humorous purposes. Judging Luffy based on DF ability would be wrong, and would impose conditions on the manga never intended by the author himself.

One Piece and Hunter x Hunter characters should be judged by accomplishments, not power levels or the nature of their abilities. The plot always determines who wins fights, fights never dictate the course of the plot.
    so you say we cannot judge people by DF ability...that means Ace vs BB fight there was no role for DF ability ? Kizaru beating SH's and almost killing zoro while SH didn't even land a hit there was no role for DF ability...WB was so overpowered just coz of haki ability ? Enel lost to luffy coz of DF rivalry...ace lost to akainu for the same reason...

introducing less DF users in the beginning of the story was to imply that they are rare except for grand line...remember in east blue people thought DF as legends ...some even thought they didn't exist...even in first part of grand line they were not so common...but now the latter part of grand line almost everyone is specialized in haki and so DF will make hell lot of difference...It's one thing to use your devil fruit to full extent (like luffy does) and other thing to be completely overpowered by another devil fruit user ...if your devil fruit lacks in ability with respect to someone else then your haki makes difference...

luffy's devil fruit is simpler and weaker compared to others out there...so this part of one piece will focus on his haki development so that he can overcome others superior devil fruit users with his haki ability...main example of this will be BB whose DF will cancel luffy's DF...so what will play major role in their fight...his Haki ofc...right now luffy is like a little above ordinary haki level (rayleigh said he will pound basics only in luffy)...but this whole new world saga and other upcoming arcs he will develop his all 3 shades of haki...that is the reason i say he is the weakest among all the supernovas...

hero doesn't have to be the strongest always...and oda is more focused on will than power...this part of one piece luffy will strengthen his will to the level that he wont loose to any devil fruit ability...
    Last edited by dex; December 03, 2012 at 10:58 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My list

High Tier: Luffy, Kidd, Law, Zoro, Apoo

Mid-High Tier: Capone, Hawkins, Drizzy Drake

Mid Tier: Killer

Shit Tier: Bonnie, Urouge

Any suggestions? This is just a little guess until Oda gives us facts.

I really really REALLY want to know what the hell happened to Kidd's arm. I hope an individual pirate/marine took it from him so we can see a rematch in next few arcs. It could have been Kaido, Big Mom, Blackbeard?, Kizaru(doubt it), Akainu, a Yonkou underling or someone we have yet to see.
    Last edited by GomuGomu_Getsuga; December 03, 2012 at 11:45 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't you think that the Guy who has an army inside him could be the strongest with Haki?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

my rank:

Law
    Luffy/Zoro
    Apo
    Kidd
    Drake

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I believe that for now the strongest is Luffy. He was and will be the strongest among so-called Supernovas.
    2. He will be followed by the likes of Law, Kid and X-Drake (I seriously can't understand why people are underrating him, because he easily managed to block with just his weapons two Supernovas and I do believe he would easily have a chance to at least tie against two of them even without his DF).
    3. Zoro, Apoo and Hawkins.
    4. Killer, Urouge, Capone.

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast