Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 104

Thread: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

  1. #61
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

    Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    When and where was it mentioned that Law can't use his sword as a normal sword?
    Did you ever saw it aside his ability? I mean, as Swordsman.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  2. #62
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Did you ever saw it aside his ability? I mean, as Swordsman.
    Oh come on Uriel, it's a sword, you don't need to be a swordsman to pierce a heart, even a child can do it
    llydnarz isn't talking about Law being a swordsman (having mastership over swords like Zoro), but just using his sword in a regular way, to stab, to slash etc

  3. #63
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Oh come on Uriel, it's a sword, you don't need to be a swordsman to pierce a heart, even a child can do it
    llydnarz isn't talking about Law being a swordsman (having mastership over swords like Zoro), but just using his sword in a regular way, to stab, to slash etc
    Well, Luffy always stretches. Law could always split. Is a Paramecia after all.
    And since everyone is jumping to the bandwagon that Law can definitely cut Luffy, I'm allowed to think that Law is forced always to divide due his fruit. There is no evidence for the first or the second anyway.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  4. #64
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

    Sorry to say it boys, but.... do you know what is strenght in One Piece? Because if you don't, then your post could be wrong. Here the definition:

    Spoiler show


    So, well understood, the thread is not about phisical power, neither about DF power. It's about will power...


    So the answer is, for what he has shown until now, one and only one:

    Spoiler show
    Last edited by ukimix; December 10, 2012 at 04:54 PM.

  5. #65
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Well, Luffy always stretches. Law could always split. Is a Paramecia after all.
    And since everyone is jumping to the bandwagon that Law can definitely cut Luffy, I'm allowed to think that Law is forced always to divide due his fruit. There is no evidence for the first or the second anyway.
    I have to say this is a bit ignorant. Law is able to split Ppl once he puts up that Barrier and he uses his sword for this that's why they don't die due to his power, he can control from there what he splits. Outside of his barrier His sword is a sword it cuts and doesn't split because that's his power and his power isn't his sword.....Can Law naturally cut luffy to make him Bleed YES. Can he beat Luffy like This I highly doubt it but he would be able to cut him, but it ust not how he fights he uses his ability to split things when he slashes them.

  6. #66
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

    Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    I have to say this is a bit ignorant. Law is able to split Ppl once he puts up that Barrier and he uses his sword for this that's why they don't die due to his power, he can control from there what he splits. Outside of his barrier His sword is a sword it cuts and doesn't split because that's his power and his power isn't his sword.....Can Law naturally cut luffy to make him Bleed YES. Can he beat Luffy like This I highly doubt it but he would be able to cut him, but it ust not how he fights he uses his ability to split things when he slashes them.
    Maybe. He doesn't needs to put his barrier. See the fight with Vergo.

    And let me remember that there are objects outside the barrier that still work. Law's heart, Kinemon, etc.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  7. #67
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Well, Luffy always stretches. Law could always split. Is a Paramecia after all.
    And since everyone is jumping to the bandwagon that Law can definitely cut Luffy, I'm allowed to think that Law is forced always to divide due his fruit. There is no evidence for the first or the second anyway.
    So you're saying they don't have control over their powers? If that is true, then every metal close to Kidd should always stick to him. Everything Whitebeard touches should break. But that doesn't happen. Meaning they have total control over their ability.
    And I consider Law as one character who have very high mastery of his DF. It would be dumb if he can't activate and deactivate it at his will.

  8. #68
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

    Not really. Every fruit acts differently. I don't see Luffy avoiding his rubber body effect, or Buggy not using his ability all the time. They can't, aside of their experience. It's not allowed by their own fruits. Like swimming on the ocean.
    In Kidd or Whitebeard case, I'm not honestly sure. Could be. Could be not.

    I'm just tossing things around. I still don't believe Law is stronger than Luffy. Neither I've read any argument that convinces me.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #69
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

    Maybe it's because you're looking at it as a Luffy or a Strawhats fan. Try looking at it in a logical way.
    Law's DF is definitely stronger than Luffy's. Law's intellect is no doubt higher than Luffy.
    Luffy's advantage is his physical strength and his haki. The first is I would say useless inside Law's room. And his haki, I don't think his mastery to it is greater than Vergo.

    Their DF mastery is about the same.

    Now if you would say Luffy is still stronger because he trained for 2 years, what do you think had Law been doing in those 2 years? Even Vergo was surprised by Law's current strength.
    Plus the fact that he is already planning on taking down DD means he is more than what we have already seen. Unlike Luffy who reached his limit in fighting Hodi.

    Law is very smart and cautious. He won't anger DD like that if he knows he doesn't have a chance.

  11. #70
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

    I'm seeing it from the logical point of view that Luffy is the main character. I think that the others point of view are "fanboy" and "Illogical" since the first phrase pretty much summarize every reason I need to believe Luffy is the stronger currently. Oda may not be a traditional writer, but no one yet has made a story about the guy who wants to be the strongest and It's unable to defeat the guys who are said to be their equals.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  12. #71
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

    So your only basis is because he is the main character, he should be stronger than anybody?

    One of the things I like about One Piece is the way the author shows us that his characters doesn't have to be stronger than the opponent in order to win. Just like what happened with Crocodile.
    But the way you see this manga contradicts that style.

    And I don't think Luffy wants to be the strongest. He just want to be strong enough to protect his friends.
    He dreams to be Pirate King not to be the strongest but because he believes that being the PK means having the most freedom in the world. An ambition that was influenced by Shanks. Because he always see Shanks and his crew having fun and doing whatever they want.

  13. #72
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

    Yup. Plot shield. He's the strongest of his peers. By the way you see it, Zoro should be the one leading, btw. And a curious thing: You could be not stronger than your enemies, but you must be stronger than your "equals".

    And yes, He does. Being the Pirate King involves so. I mean: I understand what you say and how you see the manga. After all the mangas I've read I realized that Oda doesn't escape from many stereotypes in manga which in a way are good for the story. This is the case, as well.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #73
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,022
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

    Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    Maybe it's because you're looking at it as a Luffy or a Strawhats fan. Try looking at it in a logical way.
    Law's DF is definitely stronger than Luffy's. Law's intellect is no doubt higher than Luffy.
    Luffy's advantage is his physical strength and his haki. The first is I would say useless inside Law's room. And his haki, I don't think his mastery to it is greater than Vergo.

    Their DF mastery is about the same.

    Now if you would say Luffy is still stronger because he trained for 2 years, what do you think had Law been doing in those 2 years? Even Vergo was surprised by Law's current strength.
    Plus the fact that he is already planning on taking down DD means he is more than what we have already seen. Unlike Luffy who reached his limit in fighting Hodi.

    Law is very smart and cautious. He won't anger DD like that if he knows he doesn't have a chance.

    Wait Wait Wait, you said luffy reached his limit agains hodi? when did that happen? in the anime? oh please luffy only have trouble in the water, on the boat he k.o hodi with one punch, so we have yet to see luffy reached his limit yet. I still think luffy is holding back, he probably have a gear 4 hidding somewhere, but I have to admit from what I have seen from luffy so far than I would said law can beat him, but like I said before I still think luffy is hidding some of his real strength.

  16. #74
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

    Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    Maybe it's because you're looking at it as a Luffy or a Strawhats fan. Try looking at it in a logical way.
    Law's DF is definitely stronger than Luffy's. Law's intellect is no doubt higher than Luffy.
    Luffy's advantage is his physical strength and his haki. The first is I would say useless inside Law's room. And his haki, I don't think his mastery to it is greater than Vergo.

    Their DF mastery is about the same.

    Now if you would say Luffy is still stronger because he trained for 2 years, what do you think had Law been doing in those 2 years? Even Vergo was surprised by Law's current strength.
    Plus the fact that he is already planning on taking down DD means he is more than what we have already seen. Unlike Luffy who reached his limit in fighting Hodi.

    Law is very smart and cautious. He won't anger DD like that if he knows he doesn't have a chance.
    Where did Luffy meet his limit against Hodi? We never saw his limit, at all.

    And if you wanna put it the logical way, then Luffy should have lost to Crocodile, Moria, and even died at Akainu's hand while they were running but he still survived. He still beat the shichibukai and even Lucci. Luffy can still be considered as or more powerful than Law.

  17. #75
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

    Ok, let me rephrase it. Luffy reached his limit in Hodi Jones Arc.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Where did Luffy meet his limit against Hodi? We never saw his limit, at all.

    And if you wanna put it the logical way, then Luffy should have lost to Crocodile, Moria, and even died at Akainu's hand while they were running but he still survived. He still beat the shichibukai and even Lucci. Luffy can still be considered as or more powerful than Law.
    As what I have already mentioned, what I like about One Piece is that one does not have to be stronger than the opponent to win. It's not just all about strength or power.

    What we are talking about here is who's the strongest. Not who's gonna win if ever they fight.
    So Law is definitely stronger in more aspects than Luffy.
    But Oda is full of tricks. He can even make Buggy win a fight against Akainu if he wants to but that wouldn't mean Buggy is stronger than Akainu.
    Last edited by llydnarz; December 11, 2012 at 08:56 PM.

New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts