Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

I thought that the one who wins all fights was by definition the stronger. Even if it's by mere luck, it's the strength of the luck that can do more than his brute strength.
    Let's say we have a guy who every time He hits his opponent, the opponent fades. We can both agree that it's a strong ability. Now we have a guy who can evade every hit of the first one. Who is the stronger?

And Luffy did not reached his limit on Hodi Jones Arc. Where you say it happens?
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Maybe. He doesn't needs to put his barrier. See the fight with Vergo.

And let me remember that there are objects outside the barrier that still work. Law's heart, Kinemon, etc.
    But those items were already affected by his powers. Once he puts a Marine's head on is ass he doesn't need his barrier for it to say like that. I've Actually seen a link in another thread where law breaks the supposed sea stone chains with is sword no split a straight break, so you can say it does function as a regular sword. I'm going to read that pretty decent chapter over and see if Law actually used his ability or his sword to cut Caesar's entire lab in half......The fact that he can split what he does with his sword inside his domain shows he has some type of sword prowness...When i actually think about he can beat luffy at the moment.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

well as we all know. luffy and zoro are always tie no matter what. they power level are always equal. but sometimes. zoro look more stronger then luffy. but luffy can take a hard beating and keep fighting cause hes devil fruit. but now no one care about devil fruit as long as you have haki.

well i cannot really tell who is the stronger now. by bounty is kid. and he look like he got alot of trouble in the new world.
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    But those items were already affected by his powers. Once he puts a Marine's head on is ass he doesn't need his barrier for it to say like that. I've Actually seen a link in another thread where law breaks the supposed sea stone chains with is sword no split a straight break, so you can say it does function as a regular sword. I'm going to read that pretty decent chapter over and see if Law actually used his ability or his sword to cut Caesar's entire lab in half......The fact that he can split what he does with his sword inside his domain shows he has some type of sword prowness...When i actually think about he can beat luffy at the moment.
    He can't be better swordsman than Zoro. Honestly, that's something reserved for bigger leagues. He used his ability. Honestly, He CUT THE ENTIRE LAB. He has shown a large range on his DF, so that is also his doing.
    And the chains of Jean Bart weren't Sea Stones.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought that the one who wins all fights was by definition the stronger. Even if it's by mere luck, it's the strength of the luck that can do more than his brute strength.
    Let's say we have a guy who every time He hits his opponent, the opponent fades. We can both agree that it's a strong ability. Now we have a guy who can evade every hit of the first one. Who is the stronger?

And Luffy did not reached his limit on Hodi Jones Arc. Where you say it happens?
    Luck is not strength. It's like saying that winning the lottery is an ability. It's an advantage, but definitely not strength.
    And winning a fight against your opponent doesn't mean you're stronger. Ussop and Perona are good examples of that.

And about Luffy reaching his limit, "Luffy stops and faints from blood loss thanks to the bite wound Hody gave him, falling to a lower section of the ship." http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Fishman_Island_Arc

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    Luck is not strength. It's like saying that winning the lottery is an ability. It's an advantage, but definitely not strength.
    And winning a fight against your opponent doesn't mean you're stronger. Ussop and Perona are good examples of that.

And about Luffy reaching his limit, "Luffy stops and faints from blood loss thanks to the bite wound Hody gave him, falling to a lower section of the ship." http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Fishman_Island_Arc
    If I can recall arnament haki can be used for defense and offense. Luffy clearly stated from a defensive standpoint he wasn't that flexible with his powers from a piercing perspective. Not to mention underwater he used about less than half of his normal strength to win. Like how people assume Sanji couldn't beat Vergo yet his body was damaged prior by Ceasar Clown when Nami was in his body. Unless in the best circumstances such things as winning and losing depend on the situation. Luffy is the "situation king". Luck as you will. You have to accept as a One Piece reader Luffy wins a majority of his fights especially those who seem stronger with his will power strength and luck. His training throughout his childhood lineage experience and don't forget he is a fighting genius. Not to mention his aura that captivates people to protect and help him. It's how he beat Crocodile Eneru Rob Lucci Moria and survived the Marineford war.

This is part two folks. We haven't the slightest clue how strong and how the crew and their tactics will go before they need to truly push their limits. Not Hodi Jones. That was not pushing his limits. You have "complete disadvantage for df users" confused with limit. Any of your powerful characters who're df users would have a rough time fighting someone like hodi jones and until I see someone doing otherwise he's the first. We barely know Law in comparison to Luffy so with these little moments I can see what to the regular reader it may seem that way. Our protagonist hasn't even begun to show his strength. Oda has a horrible tendency to make luffy seem weaker than he is alot as well to drag the story out for plot reasons so the ending of an arc feels more emotionally tied. Like with CC we all know if it was serious and luffy had a real reason besides kidnap him cuz I said so he'd of been defeated. Serious Luffy is different than comedy joking Luffy.

At the moment it's all speculation Luffy Zoro and Sanji as far as we know could actually be strong enough to fight a yonkou crew at their strongest we haven't been shown such things. Law has been shown to seemingly show his true strength but who knows. Take these things into account. But honestly saying Law is more powerful without proof besides a one panel one shot not to mention we don't know everything about how his ability works. I find them to be equals in all rights. Same with Kid. As time goes on we'll see a gap between powers.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you mean strength as "Strength" then Luffy will win as well. Or Maybe Urogue, who knows.
    Strength in One Piece is not determined by raw force, devil fruit, the weapon you use. It's all about will and circumstances. And in both, Luffy is a king.

We're quoting wikia? Damn, you'll make me quote my less favorite part on the manga:
    1) Here is Hodi being defeated (Well, announced)
    2) Here Luffy is in the sea, power being drained, punching Noah because it's mission is to stop it.
    3) Here Luffy fades away.
    4) It's pretty much obvious that he faded away by the effort made plus the bite. Page: here. Curious thing to notice that He continuously fight in the ocean.

Saying that He fade by the blood loss is a bit bastardizing the situation.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

None sense!It wasn't because of the bite that he fainted later on because even after that bite Luffy could still fight normally as you can see here.So it wasn't the injury itself who caused it but rather the effort he had to put to destroy the Noah.Here you can see Luffy using Elephant gun which forces his wound to open like the princess said.Then he kept on using it to break the boak into pieces so of course his wound will open badly.And it is because of this that you are saying Luffy reached his limit on fishman island and calling him weak! Wow

As stronger Law is now,he is surely not strong enough to defeat Mugiwara.
    1.How can he defeat an opponent that he can't keep up with.If he wants to slice Luffy,he will have reach him first which i doubt he would be able to do since Law didn't show in anyway that he could match,imitate nor keep up against the speed of a Rokushiki user which Luffy seems to have exceeded.
    2.In term of strenght Luffy definetely got the upper hand as well.I mean do you really think that Law can survive one Elephant gun!?I don't think so
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you mean strength as "Strength" then Luffy will win as well. Or Maybe Urogue, who knows.
    Strength in One Piece is not determined by raw force, devil fruit, the weapon you use. It's all about will and circumstances. And in both, Luffy is a king.

We're quoting wikia? Damn, you'll make me quote my less favorite part on the manga:
    1) Here is Hodi being defeated (Well, announced)
    2) Here Luffy is in the sea, power being drained, punching Noah because it's mission is to stop it.
    3) Here Luffy fades away.
    4) It's pretty much obvious that he faded away by the effort made plus the bite. Page: here. Curious thing to notice that He continuously fight in the ocean.

Saying that He fade by the blood loss is a bit bastardizing the situation.
    He wasn't fighting in water. Haven't you seen the bubble around him and the one that surrounds Noah? Try looking at those pictures again.
    Now what does reaching one's limit mean? It means being not able to go on any further. And that's exactly what happened to him after his fight with Hodi. I consider the falling Noah part of the fight since it was Hodi's desperate attempt to destroy the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    None sense!It wasn't because of the bite that he fainted later on because even after that bite Luffy could still fight normally as you can see here.So it wasn't the injury itself who caused it but rather the effort he had to put to destroy the Noah.Here you can see Luffy using Elephant gun which forces his wound to open like the princess said.Then he kept on using it to break the boak into pieces so of course his wound will open badly.And it is because of this that you are saying Luffy reached his limit on fishman island and calling him weak! Wow

As stronger Law is now,he is surely not strong enough to defeat Mugiwara.
    1.How can he defeat an opponent that he can't keep up with.If he wants to slice Luffy,he will have reach him first which i doubt he would be able to do since Law didn't show in anyway that he could match,imitate nor keep up against the speed of a Rokushiki user which Luffy seems to have exceeded.
    2.In term of strenght Luffy definetely got the upper hand as well.I mean do you really think that Law can survive one Elephant gun!?I don't think so
    I have already mentioned that I don't see speed as a factor inside Law's room. If he can stop bullets and cannon balls, he can definitely stop Luffy's gear second. And I don't think he needs to catch him in order to use shambles.
    Do you really think an elephant gun could hit Law in his room? I don't think so either. Law can avoid an attack that big by just teleporting himself behild Luffy.

You can say all the situations you can think of and based on the already stated infos on Law's ability, I still don't see Luffy having the upper hand. But I won't deny that Luffy can win a fight against Law. He is the king of luck when it comes to fights. What I don't agree is present Luffy being stronger than present Law.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I have already mentioned that I don't see speed as a factor inside Law's room.If he can stop bullets and cannon balls, he can definitely stop Luffy's gear second. And I don't think he needs to catch him in order to use shambles.
    Do you really think an elephant gun could hit Law in his room? I don't think so either. Law can avoid an attack that big by just teleporting himself behild Luffy.

You can say all the situations you can think of and based on the already stated infos on Law's ability, I still don't see Luffy having the upper hand. But I won't deny that Luffy can win a fight against Law. He is the king of luck when it comes to fights. What I don't agree is present Luffy being stronger than present Law.
    Stop creating situations out of no where so you make yourself be right while you are completely wrong.
    1.Once Law have succeded to retrieve his hearth from Vergo this one manage to take it back with an amazing speed that Law couldn't even see coming and they were still inside his room.Link 1 and link 2.So yes speed does matter.
    2.There is a big difference betwen stop bullets and canon balls and living things.Have you ever seen Law move a all body inside his room?...Exactly.The obvious answer is no because Law cannot move a all body inside is room,he needs to slice it first to be able move it at will.So from here since speed does matter i will it again how can he slice something that he cannot keep up with!?
    3.Shambles:well i have already answer this matter above but to make it more clear,in order for Law to use shambles he needs to slice his opponent his first so i don't really see based on what you are saying that he could randomly go shambles on Luffy out of the blue.Maybe if he is not moves at worst.If that was the case he would have done it before.
    4."Do you really think an elephant gun could hit Law in his room?".Why not!I am pretty sure if he use it like he did with ceasar to finish him off or like a "coup the grâce" as i like to say it

To be inside Law's room means nothing if he can't touch you.So it is like i said on my previous post
    Last edited by Rody naruto; December 12, 2012 at 04:56 AM.
    Check out my DeviantART

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    Stop creating situations out of no where so you make yourself be right while you are completely wrong.
    1.Once Law have succeded to retrieve his hearth from Vergo this one manage to take it back with an amazing speed that Law couldn't even see coming and they were still inside his room.Link 1 and link 2.So yes speed does matter.
    2.There is a big difference betwen stop bullets and canon balls and living things.Have you ever seen Law move a all body inside his room?...Exactly.The obvious answer is no because Law cannot move a all body inside is room,he needs to slice it first to be able move it at will.So from here since speed does matter i will it again how can he slice something that he cannot keep up with!?
    3.Shambles:well i have already answer this matter above but to make it more clear,in order for Law to use shambles he needs to slice his opponent his first so i don't really see based on what you are saying that he could randomly go shambles on Luffy out of the blue.Maybe if he is not moves at worst.If that was the case he would have done it before.
    4."Do you really think an elephant gun could hit Law in his room?".Why not!I am pretty sure if he use it like he did with ceasar to finish him off or like a "coup the grâce" as i like to say it

To be inside Law's room means nothing if he can't touch you.So it is like i said on my previous post
    You must have missed the panel where Vergo attacked Law when he was off guard because his focus was on his heart.
    And no, he doesn't have to touch someone to use his ability. Proof was when he took out SHs' hearts and switched them. And also when he sliced those marines in Sabaody.
    And also, I don't think his sword is connected with his ability unless it has DF like Spandam's.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

He wasn't fighting in water. Haven't you seen the bubble around him and the one that surrounds Noah? Try looking at those pictures again.
    Now what does reaching one's limit mean? It means being not able to go on any further. And that's exactly what happened to him after his fight with Hodi. I consider the falling Noah part of the fight since it was Hodi's desperate attempt to destroy the island.
    To cross a bubble to the other you have...the sea.
    And it's more like Van Decken doing...
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

You must have missed the panel where Vergo attacked Law when he was off guard because his focus was on his heart.
    And no, he doesn't have to touch someone to use his ability. Proof was when he took out SHs' hearts and switched them. And also when he sliced those marines in Sabaody.
    And also, I don't think his sword is connected with his ability unless it has DF like Spandam's.
    I don't think this can be applied on this matter,plus on a one on one fight it would be irrelevant that is why he didn't(couldn't) it on Smoker nor Vergo.

About his sword,sure it's not connected to his ability but it sure makes it more convenient.Do you really think he would have been able to slice Vergo otherwise?Of course not.
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You do realize the when luffy punching hody or attack him in that bubble, he have to stick his hand out to the ocean right? and what does that ocean do to him? hmmm, it's also one of the reason red hawk was not at full power in my opinion. Also don't forget in that little bubble luffy coildn;t even move around freely at all so letting hodi bite him in order to hit him is all luffy could have done, also noah was not hodi's doing it was decken so again luffy never reach his limit.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, let me rephrase it. Luffy reached his limit in Hodi Jones Arc.

As what I have already mentioned, what I like about One Piece is that one does not have to be stronger than the opponent to win. It's not just all about strength or power.

What we are talking about here is who's the strongest. Not who's gonna win if ever they fight.
    So Law is definitely stronger in more aspects than Luffy.
    But Oda is full of tricks. He can even make Buggy win a fight against Akainu if he wants to but that wouldn't mean Buggy is stronger than Akainu.
    Luffy's technically the strongest. Law hasn't shown that he can push a building away like Luffy did when he was stuck between the buildings after Lucci whacked him away. Maybe Law could beat Luffy, but you can't say he's stronger than Luffy, especially based on what we know so far.

But I agree that victory doesn't just depend on strenght or power alone, which is why Luffy was able to beat Crocodile.

He was fighting in water, whether or not he was surrounded in bubble. Where the hell do you think he was fighting? Certainly not on land. Luffy still had to swim in water and even couldn't use his elephant gun at full power because of the ocean weakening him. Anyone would reach their limit from bleeding so much. You can't say Luffy met his limit against Hody when he had a tougher fight against Crocodile and Moria. Luffy was at his limit during the war, until Ivankoff injected him with hormones for the last time.

The only reason why Hody was even able to do any kind of damage to Luffy was because of drugs, otherwise he would have been beaten or killed by Zoro with the sword slash. I don't see just how you can consider Luffy reaching his limit against Hody when he, like majority fo the characters would be, was affected by bleeding so much. Especially when Hody had to keep using drugs to even keep up. Especially when Luffy was fighting in the water, even if he was in a bubble.

New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast