Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Junior's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's The strongest among the Super Nova Rookies

I believe in my heart that Luffy is the strongest but Law is making me doubt my heart.

I'm not one of the people that believes Law to be some superhuman swordsman -- most of his extraordinary cutting feats happened in the realm of his power. Still, Law's power is just that: Law's power. It is an extension of himself and a true gauge of his strength cannot be done without taking the entirety of his powers into perspective..

I'm not even entirely sure how Law's fruit works.

I know that it works in a "fixed area". In this "fixed area" Law basically becomes God and he can project his will in many different ways by utilizing various gestures.

We have seen him pull off a Replacement no Jutsu, we have seen him switch bullets with snow flurries, we have seen him cut an entire ship in half, we have seen him cut mountains, we have seen him cut through bodies...and each time it seems so effortless.

It hurts to say this but I think that as it currently stands, with all the information we have/do not have...*Prepares for flame*....Law could probably take out the Supernovas in a 1-on-1 match.

I mean, we could learn more information in the next few chapters that blows a big hole in Law's powers but as of right now...

We haven't even seen Luffy, Zoro or Sanji go ALL out yet as far as I'm concerned but until I'm shown some definitive proof along with actual APPLICATION? I'm..yeah..
    2013 MH Resolution: Ignore the fanboys.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say it's between Luffy, Law, and Kidd.

I'd almost say Kidd is the strongest, since him being able to manipulate metal makes him the natural enemy of anyone who uses bladed weapons, or even guns and bullets. Luffy seems to be the only Supernova who would put up a good fight, but he's vulnerable to blades, which Kidd can make a huge fist out of. The other Supernovas seem to use swords, guns, or other things with metal in them (possibly Apoo's instruments also) to some extent.

But even without their best weapons, some of the Supernovas can probably still put up a fight, so who knows how it would turn out.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kuza's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Law is definetly strong, but we haven't seen other guys in action. And btw Buggy might be able to beat Law due to his fruit ability

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kuza View Post
    Law is definetly strong, but we haven't seen other guys in action. And btw Buggy might be able to beat Law due to his fruit ability
    That's like saying Buggy might beat Mihawk because of his ability, Law has more than one technique to deal with Buggy, his Ope Ope no Mi doesn't just allow cutting things and switching their places only

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well luffy is hands down the strongest after his training with rayliegh
    but kidd, law, madmonk and hawkins and drake all seem formidable

i dont think any of the others even deserve mentioning

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy , then Law and then Kidd i would say .

Even though we saw Law is really amazing , i still don't think he can compare with Luffy , as for Kidd i don't know i'm still a little unsure whether he is stronger than Law , maybe they are on the same lvl ?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that at the beginning of the NW, so the next 2-3 arcs, the strength of Law, Kidd and Luffy will be approx equal since the former 2 have been introduced as rivals of Luffy. The others probably can not keep up with these three.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

hey guys think of zoro too, the guy is in another level of he own.
    just look at law comment of zoro. ahh i dont like to be that man enemy,
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by enmymiguel View Post
    That were the marines speaking, not Law

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BlackLeggedDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy could very well be the strongest SN right now. Kid and Drake also have insane hype though because they've already survived two years in the New World and have already begun to mess with Yonkos. Due to blatant favoritism and because he is our protagonist, I'll rank the top three rookies as Luffy, Kid, and Drake.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

The top 3 rookies (in alphabetical order) for me are Luffy, Zoro, Law. I'm taking into account that Kidd is mostly hype, while Luffy and Zoro have serious feats and Law also has some impressive ones.

Quote Originally Posted by enmymiguel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    That were the marines speaking, not Law
    And that was because they also continued on with the pun, saying "Although I'm already his enemy!".
    Last edited by 0Xellos; January 01, 2013 at 03:12 PM.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    The top 3 rookies (in alphabetical order) for me are Luffy, Zoro, Law. I'm taking into account that Kidd is mostly hype, while Luffy and Zoro have serious feats and Law also has some impressive ones.

And that was because they also continued on with the pun, saying "Although I'm already his enemy!".
    The translation is rather "I´d hate for him to be our enemy, although he already is", referring to Zoro.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    The translation is rather "I´d hate for him to be our enemy, although he already is", referring to Zoro.
    I know they're referring to Zoro. And depends on which translation (I paraphrased the mangapanda one, http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/694/11), but we both mean the same thing.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ankit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy was one of the strongest, if not the strongest before time-skip. Now I feel that he is easily the strongest. He has some of the best Haki control that we have seen son far (second to Rayleigh, Marco, Vergo[that could be debatable]) and with his immense fighting abilities and stamina(I feel people forget this a lot, and it's the biggest reason why he's won all of his fights so far imo). Plus he has the Haoshokou (sp?) Haki, which only a select few people in the world have, which makes him a huge threat to anybody due to the amount of people who can take out in one go(Fishman Island - takes out 50k people).

Law has shown significant strength in his battle with Vergo, and with his newfound bounty and Schichibukai position, he's obviously very strong. But I feel that his DF won't be enough to cut through Luffy. Doflamingo says that some time in the past, Law was on the wrong side of an asskicking with Vergo. If Law's DF was a "I can cut everything no matter a person's haki and stuff" fruit, then Vergo would not have made it to this point. So this implies that a person's Haki can prevent that slash.

Kidd is definitely very powerful, but we can't realistically judge his power because he hasn't been shown completely yet. Although I'd have to say, he is quite intelligent in regards to his actions. He knows the limits of his strengths (worried about Kuma, forms alliance with Hawkins/Apoo) as well as knows how to get ahead tactically (destroying of 2 of Big Mam's ships).

New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7