Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will live up to the eye-patch and be awesome

9 52.94%
  • He will still be CC by the end of the arc (alive)

2 11.76%
  • Everybody is a dropoff after Shigekuni Yamamoto

1 5.88%
  • He will get defeated by Bach

2 11.76%
  • He will team up with Ukitake to face Bach

1 5.88%
  • He will face the professor SR again and win

1 5.88%
  • Other (Mention)

1 5.88%
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach How will Kyouraku fare as the Captain Commander?

With Yamamoto's death, who will you think be the most suitable candidate for his seat?

Sui-Feng - 2nd Division
    Rojuro Otoribashi - 3rd Division
    Retsu Unohana - 4th Division
    Shinji Hirako - 5th Division
    Sajin Komamura - 7th Division
    Shunsui Kyoraku - 8th Division
    Kensei Muguruma - 9th Division
    Toshiro Hitsugaya - 10th Division
    Kenpachi Zaraki - 11th Division
    Mayuri Kurotsuchi - 12th Division
    Jushiro Ukitake - 13th Division

And do you think, someone other than a captain be chosen for this seat? There are few names that comes to mind:

Urahara Kisuke
    Kurosaki Isshin
    Yoruichi Shihoin
    Kurosaki Ichigo

Or

Someone from, perhaps, Zero Division or an unknown character?
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; October 12, 2012 at 01:04 AM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the next Captain Commander?

Okay, so, first of all, the last four outsiders should have literally zero chance, as they are not even captains in SS.
    Secondly, currently, there is no real option to replace Captain-Commander. I don't think Royal Guards possess the strength he did, purely based on the fact that their role may have been nothing more than a ceremonial thing in the last thousand years or so, while Captain-Commander acted as the head of SS, as a soldier.
    So, let's assume that Ginrei Kuchiki, previous head of Kuchiki clan, did not die and was promoted to Zero Squad eventually. Could we assume that he was stronger than Captain-Commander? No, because he was already working under him. Based on this fact, it's tough to find a suitable replacement.

Let's continue with the current captains.
    The senior captains look like the best possible options. They know about how the things are being handled in SS, they possess the necessary experience, and, you know, although not at Captain-Commander's level, they are strong.
    It's tough to pick one out of those three, though. Unohana's calmness and her status as a senpai to Kyoraku and Ukitake makes her the most likely choice. But Ukitake would be a great choice, too. Although often dealing with sickness, apart from emergency cases like this war, a Captain-Commander probably doesn't need to fight for decades, or perhaps centuries. He's a wise man, and a level-headed captain, who will not behave like a boss to his captains.
    Kyoraku seems like the most unlikely option. He has undeniably immense strength, but he's not the type of captain that would be willing to organize the things. Then again, SS is in a total chaos, and if his name was thrown out, he wouldn't back away from the duty. Especially, he and Ukitake are now in a completely emotional state of mind with the loss of their sensei. It's not that they will try to avenge their master, but rather fight for and win what Captain-Commander gave his life for.

All of these are made of pure speculation, of course. I'm not really ambitious with my personal opinions on this matter.

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Hikifune. Was a captain, got promoted, is hella strong, for sure.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    With Yamamoto's death, who will you think be the most suitable candidate for his seat?

Sui-Feng 2nd Division
    Rojuro Ōtoribashi 3rd Division
    Retsu Unohana 4th Division
    Shinji Hirako 5th Division
    Sajin Komamura 7th Division
    Shunsui Kyoraku 8th Division
    Kensei Muguruma 9th Division
    Toshiro Hitsugaya 10th Division
    Kenpachi Zaraki 11th Division
    Mayuri Kurotsuchi 12th Division
    Jushiro Ukitake Captain 13th Division

And do you think, someone other than a captain be chosen for this seat? There are few names that comes to mind:

Urahara Kisuke
    Kurosaki Isshin
    Yoruichi Shihoin
    Kurosaki Ichigo

Or

Someone from, perhaps, Zero Division or an unknown character?
    I think Ichigo will end up being the new commander. He is the one person that posesses a small piece of every other captain, including the old commander.
    Also, While they might assign a temporary figurehead, the Actual title of Captian commander I think will not be awarded any time soon. I am hopeful that with the defeat of Bach by ichigo that he is given the honor of being commander.

tho- I also suspect that he will need to give up his life to defeat bach, and perhaps restore the balance of the spirit king that bach is trying to unravel -- in which case, he dies,, and goes to SS as a permanent resident and not a spirit visitor..

That is my speculation and humble hope for the direction of the manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

ROFL at komamura ahahahahahahaha

My guess is :
    Shunsui 40%
    unohana 35%
    urahara 20% (will probably be asked to be the CC, but most likely will refuse saying he is just a humble candy merchant )
    Someone else 5%
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i wont be surprised if captain commander survives this .anyone remember hiyori ?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

For now I believe SS will have to get a temporary acting leader and if we are choosing from those who are currently Captains, then the best choice is Shunsui. He is supposed to be the strongest power-wise among the current Captains and he is the second after Unohana in terms of experience (well, on par with Ukitake, but still) and he really is a person who is suted to be a leader. He isn't too strict, but he is also considerably responsible, when it is needed and he will obviously become way more serious after Yama's death. Now he can't be carefree and it's not a game already, where noone from Shinigami dies, so he has to become damn serious. He also has respect of everyone in SS currently.

I would rule out Ukitake. He can be the second in comand, but not the one to lead as he is too soft of a character comparing with the same Shunsui. And his health is his real problem, so I doubt he can be an actual leader, even temporary.

If we take in consideration other people, then it can be Kurosaki Isshin (supposedly the leader of the fallen Shiba Clan). He seems to be strong (and it seems that he is stronger than Isshin), experienced and has a leader's quality. When he is serious he is the most sutable person. I would actually give him more votes in the end, than Shunsui, but this purely depends among whom are we choosing.

Still, for now it should be one of the current Captains and the best option is Shunsui.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Isshin wouldn't leave his kids and go shut himself in SS... He abandoned the shinigami way long time ago, he just wants to be a human.
    Also I think unohana is more suited to be a leader than shunsui...But I think we need to see her fight first

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Remember that CC is the ultimate SS defence, He/She will have to be the strongest captain (at least the strongest bankai)
    Poor Ukitake is not a choice because he is sick 95% of the time
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member frontaLobotomy's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

During the war, it'll probably be Ichigo that will decide on the course of action. I wouldn't be suprised if Aizen was involved in some manner, even if the Gotei 13 would ratther not have anything to do with him. These 2 are the strongest of the remaining shinigami that we know of, and are confirmed wartime potentials by Juha Bach.

I'd be suprised if there was a new Captain Commander before the end of their conflict with the Vandenreich, their priority should be the next battle, finding a way to keep their bankai, and staying alive so that they can actually get promoted. After the war, it'd be nice if someone like Ukitake or Unohana took the reigns, they strike me as more balanced, and less closed off compared to other captains, and the late Yamamoto. Soul Society's politics are going to have to change a great deal, they may need the help of Arrancar and Quincy to win this war, so they'll need someone who'll change things based on this.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

A question, does the captain commander also has to be the first division's captain??

I'm sure that no one currently is qualified in the seat of CC right now, even if they are offered. All the captains currently will undergo a massive change both physically and mentally. We'll get too see this phrase: "He/she had finally surpassed Yamamoto". "surpassed" does not only mean strength, Yamamoto is the symbol/history of SS itself (stated by Aizen), the one of succeed him must surpass that in order to qualify for the job. This will leaves out Ichigo simply because he's a human and he does not present SS. Similarly, the junior captains are also ruled out. Vizard captains too, since they are not "pure" shinigami and can't present SS.

So, I've concluded that in order to qualify for the CC position, one must be able to represent SS as a whole, meaning everything about SS can be found within that person. To make it simple, the qualities needed are:

-Wise
    -Strong attachment to SS (age)
    -Pure shinigami
    -Excels in all area of combat
    -Knows SS's history (including information regarding the spirit King)
    -Knows the location of the royal key

Few people, including the senior captains are able to meet most of those criteria (maybe Isshin too), though I doubt they have much information about the spirit king, maybe they'll learn about it later on. Urahara/Aizen are the two that meet most of those criteria.
    Last edited by River_Capulet; October 11, 2012 at 09:50 AM.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

It's obvious that Urahara or Aizen can't be Captain Commander.
    1. Aizen is a traitor and he is still in the prison, so he obviously can't be a Captain Commander.
    2. Urahara isn't even a Captain now and he is also not suted in terms of power. I don't get from where people got an impression that he is strong. According to what he showed now he isn't stronger than Byakuya overall, so obviously he can't be Captain Commander. Also he lacks leadership skills in comparisson even with Byakuya, not even talking about Shunsui or Ukitake.
    3. Unohana won't become Captain Commander as she doesn't want to fight like at all.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

If only Aizen wasn't a traitor, he'd be a good CC. This way, he's as likely as Komamura

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    It's obvious that Urahara or Aizen can't be Captain Commander.
    1. Aizen is a traitor and he is still in the prison, so he obviously can't be a Captain Commander.
    2. Urahara isn't even a Captain now and he is also not suted in terms of power. I don't get from where people got an impression that he is strong. According to what he showed now he isn't stronger than Byakuya overall, so obviously he can't be Captain Commander. Also he lacks leadership skills in comparisson even with Byakuya, not even talking about Shunsui or Ukitake.
    3. Unohana won't become Captain Commander as she doesn't want to fight like at all.
    Even if Unohana doesn't like to fight, nobody likes to fight her. She'd be a good ultimate defense of SS... in a whole different way.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BrunoGF's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Avoiding unnecessary battles/bloodshed would be a huge quality for a Captain Commander. And we don't know how strong she is, as we haven't seen she fighting against the Quincy yet. She has my bet.
    Last edited by BrunoGF; October 11, 2012 at 10:59 AM.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

According to the Databook (I think the first one) Unohana was higher than Shinsui with overall stats, but if we go by actual battle oriented abilities he was just under Yama and Aizen... Also we should not forget Kubo's statement about Shunsui in Bankai being able to take down Aizen.
    So I do believe that Shunsui would be better choice, than Unohana, especially since she hardly would live her squad.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Shunsui seems so uncaring though. Hes like a Bleach Shikamaru. I believe Ukitake will be the boss after Shunsui respectfully declines. Further down the road it's gonna be Toshiro though 8)
    The case tht Shunsui would be a good CC can ofc be argued because he has controlled a division for so long.
    Meh

New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast