Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Ganju a Fullbringer?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ganjou is actually a fullbringer.

There's just no hints if Ganju's mother went to HM or no, we don't even know who their parents are to begin way, I won't say it's impossible, but it's unlikely for me IMO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Ganju as far as I remember lived in SS for at least a century, so I highly doubt that he could have something to do with the FB.
    But hey, this is Kubo we're talking about; he could do something unexpected. LOL

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, he just rubs a surface with his hand until it turns into sand. It seemed that the harder the surface the longer it took to transform. It's not THAT different from transformation type abilities like Riruka or Giriko's. But it was never explained what it was exactly, so Kubo could just say it was a basic form of Fullbring later on.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    That is an interesting point- The other fullbringers learning kidu or demon magic to use with their fullbrings.

I agree- Fullbring by itself is relatively low level without tons of training. Chad has been getting slowly stronger throughout the series and STILL does not have a full suit of the devil... just the arms.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

this is likely why they were not shown during the invasion- What were they doing? training?

we might get a flashback after ganjou reveals that he is a fullbringer-- i hope.
    for FB the path to get stronger is to move towards spirit powers side not human imo... im expecting them to use their FB with their spirit bodies and powers now...they wont be needing stamina but reiatsu to use their abilities now that they are in spirit form...they must be training hard to get used to their new form and improve their powers...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobles can breed too, and if their mother was a Shinigami at some point then she could have been attacked by a Hollow. It's the only explanation of why he has an ability nobody else has.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

I could be wrong but wasn't fullbring a human ability? I mean I would understand the bringers retaining it in some form as spirits but as part of the Shiba clan, ganju was never human to begin with, so even if he fulfills the mother-getting-attacked-by-a-hollow part of the requirements he still should not have one. I personally think that the sand thing Ganju did was part of his own custom kido such as the kido his sister uses to launch her cannon
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt ganju is a fullbringer. Ganju is someone born in SS, he is not a shinigami in title but in terms of species he is exactly the same as kaien, byakuya or shunsui. I don't think he is anymore fullbringer than what kaien was.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

can somone post a link that says only those born in the human world can have fullbring powers-
    as far as I remember the only condition was that you be in the womb and your mother gets attacked by a hollow- and that somehow effects the fetus and thereby allows the potential for fullbring to get developed-

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    can somone post a link that says only those born in the human world can have fullbring powers-
    as far as I remember the only condition was that you be in the womb and your mother gets attacked by a hollow- and that somehow effects the fetus and thereby allows the potential for fullbring to get developed-
    Not necessarily being attacked by a Hollow while you're still in your mother's womb, as Ichigo/Inoue/Chad awakened their Fullbrings without that happening to them, it seems the condition is to have traces of Hollow left on you (Hollow reiryoku to be precise)

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Not necessarily being attacked by a Hollow while you're still in your mother's womb, as Ichigo/Inoue/Chad awakened their Fullbrings without that happening to them, it seems the condition is to have traces of Hollow left on you (Hollow reiryoku to be precise)
    Inoue, Chad- Hogyoku
    Ichigo- Masaki being Quincy, spiritual aware human, could have been attacked by Hollow. She was fighting them...

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Inoue, Chad- Hogyoku
    Ichigo- Masaki being Quincy, spiritual aware human, could have been attacked by Hollow. She was fighting them...
    Hmmm that's wrong
    You see for Chad and Inoue, what the Hogyoku did was to awaken their powers, not " create them ", simply awaken it, because their desire back then was to be strong to protect

As for Ichigo, we just don't have enough data to confirm this...

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Hmmm that's wrong
    You see for Chad and Inoue, what the Hogyoku did was to awaken their powers, not " create them ", simply awaken it, because their desire back then was to be strong to protect
    Any proof, that Hogyoku didn't create but awakened their powers? Any idea what was origin of those powers? Any proof on that origin?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Any proof, that Hogyoku didn't create but awakened their powers? Any idea what was origin of those powers? Any proof on that origin?
    Well if Hougyoku actually created their powers, then the explanation about fullbring is moch more severely WRONG.
    Aside from that, Occam's razor: the explanation that their powers come from surviving an encounter with a hollow, fueled by Hougyoku, is simpler / needs less assumptions.
    And just why is it that in the first chapters, Inoue and Chad were attacked by hollows?
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Well if Hougyoku actually created their powers, then the explanation about fullbring is moch more severely WRONG.
    And just why is it that in the first chapters, Inoue and Chad were attacked by hollows?
    1. No, it is not. We don't know about Ginjo and other fullbringers. Saying Inoue and Chad ARE fullbringers is what made this explanation wrong. If they aren't, then we can't disprove that explanation.
    2. Ichigo was attacked as well. Many other people were attacked. What makes you think, that it is relevant to this discussion? Hollows were main villains of the Bleach's beggining. It doesn't matter if they were attacked, because to become a fullbringer you have to attacked in mother's womb.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember that a Shinigami is just a plus with spirit powers that has received special training. Rukia, Renji, Ichimaru, Matsumoto and Hitsugaya weren't Shinigami by the time they were at Rukongai; they became Shinigami.

I guess Ganju is halfway there. he's got reiatsu and can chant Kido, but doesn't have a Zanpakuto and shihakusho because he never attended Yamamoto's academy.

Always remember that Bleach's races aren't truly "races". They're just ghosts or humans that can see ghosts. That's the essence of it, and that's why people can belong to any cathegory or just have special powers without being anything special. Like Don Kanonji.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Aizen himself stated that the Hogyoku just guides a soul towards the path that it has to follow in order to achieve something. It doesn't affect souls that don't have the potential to become something in the first place.

I mean, the Hogyoku wouldn't give Keigo Asano a Fullbring of his own no matter how hard he wished for it, because his mother probably wasn't attacked by a Hollow. That's how the Hogyoku works.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast