Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is Ganju a Fullbringer?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ganjou is actually a fullbringer.

For a person to become a Fullbringer he needs to be a human. And while he is a human, his mother should have been attacked by Hollows and via his mother the person would have a transfer of a Hollows power and this will lead to a possibility of him awakening Fullbring in the future.
    Ganju can't be a Fullbringer, because he was born in SS from an actual Shinigami. So he can't have any human related powers. His sand manipulation is just Kido. Nothing more.
    And well, he is training with Fullbringers, because he has to get stronger and they are quite good teachers as they are strong themselves. Especially Ginjou and Tsukishima.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

why would a spirit become a fullbringer ? it is undeveloped hollowfication...when someone in spirit form gets infected by a hollow then what happened to ichigo happens to them... that is why FB is solely associated with human where a person could not retain much of hollow powers coz of human forms...but in spirit form they can access full hollowfication benefits ...so imo FB when turn to spirit forms can now advance their FB powers towards full hollowfication powers (like ichigo)...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    For a person to become a Fullbringer he needs to be a human. And while he is a human, his mother should have been attacked by Hollows and via his mother the person would have a transfer of a Hollows power and this will lead to a possibility of him awakening Fullbring in the future.
    Ganju can't be a Fullbringer, because he was born in SS from an actual Shinigami. So he can't have any human related powers. His sand manipulation is just Kido. Nothing more.
    And well, he is training with Fullbringers, because he has to get stronger and they are quite good teachers as they are strong themselves. Especially Ginjou and Tsukishima.
    iT was not stated that only those born in the human world can become fullbringers.
    And if people are born in SS- and people from SS go on adventures and whatnot- then Ganjus mom could have been in a group that was attacked by a hollow- especially if Isshin is related to the family- Ganju could very well have been in womb when Isshin had his misadventure and relocated from his role in SS or division zero or wherever it was his backstory had him at the time. heck for all we know- ganjous mother could have been involeved in teh whole thing.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    why would a spirit become a fullbringer ? it is undeveloped hollowfication...when someone in spirit form gets infected by a hollow then what happened to ichigo happens to them... that is why FB is solely associated with human where a person could not retain much of hollow powers coz of human forms...but in spirit form they can access full hollowfication benefits ...so imo FB when turn to spirit forms can now advance their FB powers towards full hollowfication powers (like ichigo)...
    It is not underdeveloped hollowfication- It is the ability to manipulate an objects spirit and its core is hollow based. It has little to do with the more traditional hollowfication- like the mask.

Also, I dont understand your second sentence, .. how does that relate to fullbring?

It was not stated that you have to be human - as a condition for the fullbring ability. simply you are in womb, and your mumm gets attacked, and through that attack some residue of hollow influence goes into the fetus. thereby allowing the possibility of fullbring.

Fullbring is not hollowfication- its the ability to manipulate an objects spirit... none of the hollowfied shinigami that trained ichigo have fullbring... even tho they have masks.... the powers are separate and distinct....

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

as to the special point of chad and orihime- the reason they have fullbring ish type powers and were not in the womb and attacked-
    How can they have these powers if one of the requirements was not met- simple... the Hyogyoku. must have bridged that gap for them... they had the hollow residue, but were adults already... I would be willing to speculate that in the case of these two- the Hyogyoku did for them what the womb would normally have done and somehow take that residue and allow it to be manifestable.

In the case of all the other fullbringers,,, the womb + hollow attack was the key
    Last edited by DarkBankai; December 14, 2012 at 04:46 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member deadsuit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ichigos mom was pregnant when she was killed by a hollow?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    It is not underdeveloped hollowfication- It is the ability to manipulate an objects spirit and its core is hollow based. It has little to do with the more traditional hollowfication- like the mask.
    remember what ginjo said...fullbring powers are related to hollow ones...he then says ichigo knows how inner hollow torments a person coz he has hollow in him too...during fight with ichigo ginjo mentions that he also has a hollow inside him....so its a hollow power for sure...but its not hollofication...now FB is definitely less powerful than holowfication...so you can call it undeveloped hollowfication in human which does reach to the potential it can reach in spirits...read FB arc carefully ...you can all device it from there...it pretty clear

Quote Quote:
    also, I dont understand your second sentence, .. how does that relate to fullbring?
    like i said FB is hollow in human and hollowfication is in spirits....no human can be affected by hollowfication ...only spirits...ichigo got hollowfied when he was in spirit form...

Quote Quote:
    It was not stated that you have to be human - as a condition for the fullbring ability. simply you are in womb, and your mumm gets attacked, and through that attack some residue of hollow influence goes into the fetus. thereby allowing the possibility of fullbring.
    you can believe if you want that...but the hollow powers in human and spirits are clearly demarcated...

Quote Quote:
    Fullbring is not hollowfication- its the ability to manipulate an objects spirit... none of the hollowfied shinigami that trained ichigo have fullbring... even tho they have masks.... the powers are separate and distinct....
    my point hollowfication and FB are hollow powers but for separate entities...

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by deadsuit View Post
    ichigos mom was pregnant when she was killed by a hollow?
    nope ichigo was already born then and he was with his mother...its still unclear that how his mom died...so that cannot be considered as a solid proof to form any conclusion...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member deadsuit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    nope ichigo was already born then and he was with his mother...its still unclear that how his mom died...so that cannot be considered as a solid proof to form any conclusion...
    i meant like maybe ichigo's mother was pregnant with ganju inside, or ginjo's mom was maybe killed while pregnant with ganju. He might have hollow powers/FB powers then even though he was "born" in SS. Idk i was just thinking about what DarkBankai posted above my other post.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because ichigos mom was killed by the grand fischer- has nothing to do with the unrelated time BEFORE he was born and was in the womb- She could have been attacked but survived and ichigo got his Fullbring from then.

Also- Another point- I was rereading the fullbring arc- and while ginjou is explaining that the fullbringers are human-- He NEVER says that only humans can become fullbringers- nor does he exclude those born in SS.

And when ishdas father is telling ichigo about who attacked ishda, he said it was a group of humans similar to chad orihime and ishda- vs somthing related more to shinigami.- paraphrasing but still.

I get why some ppl are against ganjou being a fullbringer- but I just dont see any solid reasons why it couldnt be or links posted that support the reasons why not.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

@DarkBankai

There are two reasons as for why I see this as an impossibility, however, I like the idea, yet, I don't see it happen, due to two very strict reasons.
    • Ganju is from a (fallen) Noble family, he's therefore almost 99,999% to be born in SS (Seems that this is already agreed upon in this thread, however second one is the real buster below)
    • All souls in SS have some sort of "seal" within their souls, keeping all hollowfication at bay once the soul is send to SS through the soul burial, and by the looks of it, all souls born in SS inherit their parents seal. Except for Ginjou and Ichigo, who had a human parent, and humans don't have such a seal until before they are send to SS with a shinigami's soul burial.

Ganju having access to fullbring would mean illegal scientific methods, such as the houghyoku* or similar stuff.
    How else would he be able to remove such a seal? Which probably was placed by the spirit king once upon a time long, long, long back to make a safe heaven from hollows and hollowfication.
    Why would Ganju even do it? What purpose does it serve for the story?

I realize that there are no straight up facts on such a seal, neither was it ever said that the spirit king is behind the seal, however the seals existence was hinted from many corners of the manga.
    • Ichigo never got a soul burial, thus access to hollow/fullbring, perhaps also Quincy.
    • Aizen talked about the barrier(sort of like a seal) between hollow and shinigami.
    • Indeed as Aizen said, souls in SS never become hollows.
    • Humans don't have such a seal in the human world (They risk becoming hollows).
    • and more..

Theory section - Speculating on the seal / spirit realms.
    Also if Kubo is designed his story to be semi-realistic, then Soul Society and the King's realm probably didn't always exist, but everything evolved, and humans died and became either hollows or shinigami.
    Thus somehow the spirit king might have been born/evolved out of all this, and created the realms of hollows to reduce the amount of hollows in the human world, and a safe heaven for souls and shinigami's in SS.

Why do I think this is the case? That the God of Bleach isn't a creator of everything, but only a God who prevents Chaos, and nothing more?
    If more, then why does the Spirit King needs protection if he's really all that powerful to be able to create everything from nothing?

The linchpin that Urahara talks about that the spirit king upholds, according to Urahara's words, is only important to keep Soul Society, and possibly other spirit realms, together.
    In all likelihood, it would not affect the human world or spirits themselves who are not in a spirit realm while and if the spirit king died, however it'd probably cause major chaos in the human world when souls strife around, never getting re-born, becoming hollows or shinigami's etc.
    Theory based on source: http://www.mangareader.net/94-57630-...apter-421.html

It seems likely that the Spirit King designed this seal to keep peace and order in Soul Society.
    And the only way to create a realm, was to create another realm to balance it out (Assumption: The human world isn't affected directly if the balance is destroyed, only the spirit realms).

In all likelihood, some of the assumptions I maid in the theory part of this post probably isn't correct, however, I very much doubt that Ganju, and everyone else in Soul Society, doesn't have a seal to stop hollowfication/fullbring, this I don't see as an assumption.

Who knows, maybe it's a special ability the Shiba clan has? Maybe a special technique, maybe due to a special bloodline? In the latter case, Ichigo is in for yet another bunch of possible abilities through his blood, this time his noble heritage (Shock).
    But to be fair, it'd normally make sense to think that Ganju's sand manipulation is fullbring, however it just doesn't seem possible.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like
    very interesting points-

you bring up a good point about the seal-
    However we do not know if ganjus mother was outside of SS when she was attacked, this may have been "outside" the Seal that protects SS.
    or- If the Seal is on the person and not the place, then she could have been attacked and the seal could have been broken, I suspect that because she could have died giving birth to ganju.

on the point of sand manipulation- I dont think that is his fullbring, I think if anything his fullbring might have somthing to do with the fireworks, not the sand magic kidu stuff.
    And if he does have fullbring, it may be that he did not know he could use it until ginjou arrived and taught him about it.

as for the point of it within the story, It could be cool to see ganjou and team go with ichigo into the qunicy shadow realm, just like he joined ichigo in the rescue arc.
    Ichigo is badass but he wont be storming the shadow realm alone.

----

ok ok - Ganju

lol
    Last edited by DarkBankai; December 14, 2012 at 04:47 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobles... since when did this turn into Noblesse discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    I can already tell that this teaming up of Ganju and Ginjo is going to lead to lots of confusion concerning their names.
    Looking at this thread's title: indeed
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

From the title, I thought it was going to be about Ginjou, hahaha.

---

Anyway, I don't think he's a Fullbringer because he's not human, he's a spirit. But who knows? Kubo could do anything if he wants to. I wouldn't be opposed to him being a Fullbringer somehow, through some weird, as-yet-unexplained way... simply because it would make the Fullbringer arc actually matter to the story in some way!

Regardless, I hope there's something interesting that happens with Ganju, I had totally forgotten he even existed as a character.

It would be nice to see the crappier characters in Bleach actually prove their worth!!

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Ganju a Fullbringer?

well at least a moderator had mercy on this thread and corrected the title spelling- Thanks!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner themincookie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

He would have had to be a human before he died or else he wouldn't have made it to soul society. I was a bit confused with that chapter though and I wonder about what role they'll play in the arc other than help (well before they tried to take it for themselves) Ichigo regain his powers.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

If all the fullbringers that all dead do indeed have their fullbring powers they will cause caos. Ginjo will have the extremely overwhelming powers of Ichigo as well as bankai. Giriko will be a living hell to the enemy due to having the haxxx time ability. Tsukishima will have the hax book of the end ability.
    But this time they are shinigami thus they are now a natural tank (not bound by the human durability anymore).

As for Ganju being a fullbringer. I don't think it's possible. He is a spiritual being born into the spiritual realm.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just assume the sand ability is a clan ability similiar to Yoruichi having the ability to transform into a cat. I'm inclined to believe it's a special kidou developed by the Shiba Clan, but Ganju is the only one to be shown using it. I'm sure we'll see more of that ability, but Ganju will definitely need something more to be able to fight a SR. I look forward to what Kubo has in store for Ganju. Ganju may be able to learn Fullbring, it would make enough sense if Kubo went that way. It hasn't been said how either Chad or Orihime's parents died, but both were attacked by Hollows at the beginning of the story. That may have been what gave them the potential to learn Fullbring that the Hogyoku unlocked. No idea what Ganju would use as a personal Fullbring though.
    Last edited by exacta; January 01, 2013 at 11:09 PM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3