Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 6, 16 or 26?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

6, 16 or 26?

I noticed that there're still people saying there're 26 SR, and others correcting them that it's 16, while I think the only number that was given about SR is 6 (fortunately, nobody tries to covince me it's minus 4 ), and it's not the number of SR in total, but of those known to be able to fight evenly with captains.

The reasons, as far as I know, are:
    - 26 - letters of english alphabet
    - 16 - http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/499/5
    - 6 - http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/499/5
    If there are any other reasons (based on canon info, not opinion), please say it.

Hold on, the same page? One must be a mistranslation!
    I don't have any reasons to discard 16 or 26, but I simply don't think Kubo would give us the exact number of SR. Simply because ppl would start counting how many enemies are left. Bearing this in mind, mangastream's translation makes perfect sense (it does most of the time) - 6 SR (the 4 who stole bankais, the German postman dude and Nanana) were fighting captains, so those are mentioned to be at least captain level.

I think this should be cleared, since a minor detail like this could make someone say Bleach is inconsistent if it's revealed that there are, like, 21 SR.

So, what are your opinions?
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 6, 16 or 26?

http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...13-page-9.html

The page says at least 6. At least, meaning there could be more. And we've seen more than 6. So......that's that.

So....16 or 26?
    I say there will be 26 total. (27, actually - the Lloyd Brothers).

My reasoning:

1. They're fashioned on the letters of the English alphabet. Of which there are 26. We've already seen about half of the Sternritters (12 or 13), though some of those are still unnamed (a couple we haven't seen their face, either).

2. They're expected to come back for a round 2. Perfect time for the other half to join in the fray. Especially since there are more people expected to join in (Ganju, the Fullbringers, Urahara, perhaps Yoruichi, Isshin, and the rest of the Visoreds)

26 makes the most sense. To me, anyway.

Never getting an actual number of Sternritter might be weird. If Kubo was never going to actually give a finite amount, he wouldn't have led us to believe there is one by assigning them letters of the alphabet.

Sternritter we've seen:
    http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Stern_Ritter

I'm bored at work, so I took the liberty:

1. Bambietta
    2. As Nodt
    3. Driscoll
    4. Berenice
    5. Jerome
    6. NaNaNa
    7. Loyd
    8. Royd
    9. Haschwald
    10. Shaz
    11. Buzzbee
    12. the mustached SR who fought Shunsui
    13. the one that fought Hitsugaya
    14. the one that stole Soifon's bankai
    16. the luchador SR that fought alongside As Nodt
    17. Quilge
    18. Whoever Rukia was fighting

Since there are at least 18, I'm inclined to think there are 8 more.
    Last edited by Exodi; November 29, 2012 at 04:38 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

As Nodt, Shaz Domino, Bambietta Basterbine, NaNaNa Najahkoop, Buzzbee, Lloyd Llyod, Royd Llyod, Haschwald, Berenice Gabrielli, Jerome Guizbatt, Driscoll Berci, Old Man SR, Masked SR, Wolverine SR, Wrestler SR and the one who Ukitake fought against, but wasn't shown (Didn't count Quilge here)

It seems that there's 9 (definitely Haschwald, Buzzbee, As Nodt, Bambietta, NaNaNa, Old Man SR, Masked SR, Wolverine SR, the one who fought against Ukitake) who are truly powerful, those who stole Bankai + Haschwald, Old Man and Buzzbee and NaNaNa and the one who fought against Ukitake

Actually SR being 26 makes sense, but I recall Kubo saying that the enemy won't be outnumbering the heroes, but rather it would be few people that will increase with time

Anyway, 16 pillar of condensed reishi were shown = 16 SR that invaded SS

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if Kubo is really following the english alphabet, then I guess that 26 ST is a fair number.
    After all you said everything that had to be said about this matter, so I agree with you.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    As Nodt, Shaz Domino, Bambietta Basterbine, NaNaNa Najahkoop, Buzzbee, Lloyd Llyod, Royd Llyod, Haschwald, Berenice Gabrielli, Jerome Guizbatt, Driscoll Berci, Old Man SR, Masked SR, Wolverine SR, Wrestler SR and the one who Ukitake fought against, but wasn't shown (Didn't count Quilge here)

It seems that there's 9 (definitely Haschwald, Buzzbee, As Nodt, Bambietta, NaNaNa, Old Man SR, Masked SR, Wolverine SR, the one who fought against Ukitake) who are truly powerful, those who stole Bankai + Haschwald, Old Man and Buzzbee and NaNaNa and the one who fought against Ukitake

Actually SR being 26 makes sense, but I recall Kubo saying that the enemy won't be outnumbering the heroes, but rather it would be few people that will increase with time

Anyway, 16 pillar of condensed reishi were shown = 16 SR that invaded SS
    One attacking and controlling Jidanbou. With clown-like legs.

http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...4-page-17.html

So we have 19 SR's now. 7 more to go, I guess.
    Last edited by Duniak; December 01, 2012 at 08:41 AM.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    One attacking and controlling Jidanbou. With clown-like legs.

http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...4-page-17.html

So we have 19 SR's now. 7 more to go, I guess.
    Could be Shaz Domino, I don't recall seeing his legs... And he was the one who attacked Akon, guess he went after the scientific team

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be Shaz Domino, I don't recall seeing his legs... And he was the one who attacked Akon, guess he went after the scientific team
    Different ability, not so fat.

http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...26-page-6.html

Different legs, different boots. :P

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Different ability, not so fat.

http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...26-page-6.html

Different legs, different boots. :P
    Just when he was about to say what's his ability is, Ichigo pwned him... So ?
    Different legs and different boots ? Where that ? I see nothing, too far away to say wether he's or he isn't the same person...

So other than that ?

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Different legs and different boots ? Where that ? I see nothing, too far away to say wether he's or he isn't the same person...

So other than that ?
    Agreed. That's nothing to prove it's not Shaz.
    And he was attacking the RDI - where could that puppeteer have gone?
    I'm still kinda torn about this, though. The upper half of Shaz's body didn't fit with the boots. Maybe he has an awful fashion sense
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

So other than that ?
    Baggy trousers and HUGE boots. We can see, that Shaz clothing isn't so... outstanding. His ability had something to do with those daggers he was throwing. Everyone was killed with them. He wouldn't have bothered throwing daggers if he could control anyone. And why was Akon able to open Garganta? Somehow he couldn't be controlled?

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Baggy trousers and HUGE boots. We can see, that Shaz clothing isn't so... outstanding. His ability had something to do with those daggers he was throwing. Everyone was killed with them. He wouldn't have bothered throwing daggers if he could control anyone. And why was Akon able to open Garganta? Somehow he couldn't be controlled?
    Seems outstanding enough to me, having a Cheetah's pattern on his face and part of his clothing, sounds funky enough and more outstanding than Haschwald and others SR

Look, there's just not enough proofs to say wether he is Shaz Domino, or another SR, but so far, I'd stick with the number Kubo gave us : 16 SR, and as I mentioned earlier, 26 SR makes sense considering the alphabet, but who knows what Kubo has on mind, I mean 26 captain level individuals, sounds a bit too much (considering they have also 5 Bankai too)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems outstanding enough to me, having a Cheetah's pattern on his face and part of his clothing, sounds funky enough and more outstanding than Haschwald and others SR

Look, there's just not enough proofs to say wether he is Shaz Domino, or another SR, but so far, I'd stick with the number Kubo gave us : 16 SR, and as I mentioned earlier, 26 SR makes sense considering the alphabet, but who knows what Kubo has on mind, I mean 26 captain level individuals, sounds a bit too much (considering they have also 5 Bankai too)
    Which is probably why he made some of them complete fodder. Shaz, for example. Not to mention the 3 Kenpachi killed on his own.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am hoping he uses the added letters in the German Alphabet meaning there would be like 29 in the end.
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think all of SR are captain-level. Maybe half of them are VC-level. Some VCs still not show their abilities such as Nanao, Nemu, Isane, Yachiru, Iba...and maybe former VCs who are retired like: Omadea Marenoshin (2nd), Iba Chikane (3rd), Yamada Seinosuke (4th), Shirogane Ginjiro (6th, before Renji), Kotsubaki Jinemon (7th)....
    I hope Kubo will let them fight.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, why people think they use English alphabet? They actually use Latin alphabet.
    Well, it also depends if he only wants to use a normal alpabet or will he use such things as Ö, Ä, Ü and ß. Though they aren't actual letters from alphabet, but they are used to show the diftongs or whatever it is called in English. So it's up to Kubo to decide, what he wants. But it seems that there will be at least 26 SR.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast