Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: Second Round: Battle Royale 7

  1. #1
    Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    大秦
    Country
    Bavaria
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Second Round: Battle Royale 7





  2. #2
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Austria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Second Round: Battle Royale 7

    Rayleigh is number 1 without a doubt. Even if the other 4 team up, they still dont have a chance. He would own them in less than 3 minutes.

    Now for the second place:
    In terms of strength, Brook and Perona are out. Even though Perona has a crazy ability, I doubt it would work on such strong pirates like Drake or Lucky Roo.. So its a battle betwen them for 2nd place.

    And here I wanna say: We let Yasopp pass because he had weak opponents and of course, of his fame. But this time, only because Lucky Roo is in Shanks crew, cant count as an argument to win automatically. To let him win against Drake would be ridiculous.

    The only thing we saw from Roo was, when he shot a bandit. Nothing more! Drake is a former Marine officer and has a really powerful and ancient DF. Furthermore, he started a fight with one of the yonkous, Kaidou, in the new world and was one of the strongest Supernovas on Sabaody Archipel.

    So this time, only because Lucky Roo is in Shanks Crew, doesnt make him 2nd place automatically. Give my votes to Rayleigh and Drake, he earned it!

  3. #3
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    America
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Second Round: Battle Royale 7

    Even though I think Rayleigh is the top here, the other 4 probably could take him down if they worked together. Lucky Roo is probably strong enough to hold his own against Rayleigh, at least for a while. Long enough for Perona to use her Negative ghosts against Rayleigh, anyway. If she was smart, she'd take them both out at the same time.

  4. #4
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Second Round: Battle Royale 7

    Rayleigh and Lucky Roo. Even in his old age we saw that Rayleigh can hold his own against an admiral so no questions here. About Lucky Roo, i know that many people will say that we didn't see anything from him so there is no proof that he is strong and stuff like that but then why even include him in the tournament. We didn't see him fight, we don't know how strong he is so he should be out in the first round or not even be in the tournament. But since he is here i will vote for him based on his position and the strength of the people that hold similar positions. Same as Yasopp he is a top member of Shanks crew and i have no doubt that in the future we will see that he is very strong and definitively stronger that Drake, Brook and Perona.

  5. #5
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Chile
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    879
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Second Round: Battle Royale 7

    Ray and Drake are my options... if you guess that Roo has Haki, it means i can say that Drake has the very power to oppose against a Yonko, and Roo is an underling of one.

  6. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Second Round: Battle Royale 7

    rayleigh and perona ^^

    perona not working on drake? it did work on sanji,zoro,luffy already :P

  7. #7
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Second Round: Battle Royale 7

    Rayleigh for no. 1

    I would think that unless you had a solid armament haki to deflect Perona's ghosts, it's safe to say that once they negate you, you will feel worthless, even for a moment. But a hesitation at the high end of the spectrum, is enough to cost you the fight, as was the case of Marco getting cuffed.

    Roo was shown to be fast... anyone got the facts on him being the fastest guy in the world or was that fan speculation? Either way, from those earlier chapters, anyone with soru could appear to be lightning. I think Perona's ghosts could be dodged. They would never touch Rayleigh. He would either cut them down before they touched him or just evade before attacking Perona directly.

    Drake has guts and is a rising star of the new generation. Roo maybe confident, but he doesn't seem to have drive. Commitment to the crew, yes, but his own goals? He probably has to eat a lot to support his metabolism. Otherwise he can thin out rapidly! (Hmm, i'll make this a prediction!). Roo has shown little more than speed and a pistol. Drake is tough like dinosaur skin, skilled and smart. He wouldn't challenge Kaido as recklessly as Luffy to Big Mum. I am going to go with him. He has a bigger mouth than Roo and could eat him up! j/k... But yeah, I do think he could do it. Rayleigh will be throwing stuff around too and we know he likes to eliminate the biggest threats first or can at least assess them. He will lend his hand.. or sword to cutting him up.

  8. #8
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,066
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Second Round: Battle Royale 7

    I'm going to go for Rayleigh and Roo on this one. It's a matter of status and reputation. We haven't seen much from Roo, but we haven't seen much from Drake either, and as mentioned Brook and Perona are probably not operating on the same level.

  9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #9
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Second Round: Battle Royale 7

    Voted Rayleigh & Lucky Roo. Drake who should be around Luffy/Law/Zoro's level should be able to give Roo a really close fight, but I doubt he can beat Roo just yet.

  11. #10
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Second Round: Battle Royale 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonsagara View Post
    Even though I think Rayleigh is the top here, the other 4 probably could take him down if they worked together. Lucky Roo is probably strong enough to hold his own against Rayleigh, at least for a while. Long enough for Perona to use her Negative ghosts against Rayleigh, anyway. If she was smart, she'd take them both out at the same time.
    lucky roo is not shanks' vicecaptain,hence he should be weaker than him. rayleigh is the strongest of the group,whereas perona and brook are the weakest. drake should be stronger than hawkins and apoo now,but I doubt he can defeat lucky roo. anyway,I vote rake and ray because I hope drake is gonna appear...

  12. #11
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Austria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Second Round: Battle Royale 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    I'm going to go for Rayleigh and Roo on this one. It's a matter of status and reputation. We haven't seen much from Roo, but we haven't seen much from Drake either, and as mentioned Brook and Perona are probably not operating on the same level.
    Repuation and status cant win a whole tournament. Thats such a stupid argument!
    What we did see from Roo was, that he eats a lot and can use a pistol.
    What we did see from Drake was a fight against a pacifister, stopping the fight between Uruoge and Killer, transforming into a T-Rex with his DF and starting a fight with Kaidous men - and since then, two years has passed!
    I give Drake also a bounty over 400mio, and in this fight, I give him 2nd place, because we saw much more from him, than from Roo, and I am sure he also will have a important role in future.

  13. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    754
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Second Round: Battle Royale 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Amigo View Post
    Repuation and status cant win a whole tournament. Thats such a stupid argument!
    What we did see from Roo was, that he eats a lot and can use a pistol.
    What we did see from Drake was a fight against a pacifister, stopping the fight between Uruoge and Killer, transforming into a T-Rex with his DF and starting a fight with Kaidous men - and since then, two years has passed!
    I give Drake also a bounty over 400mio, and in this fight, I give him 2nd place, because we saw much more from him, than from Roo, and I am sure he also will have a important role in future.
    we saw even more from Brook, and he won several out of them. yet you won't vote him. why is that? isn't it because of "Repuation and status"? someone else thinking different thoughts than yours is not stupid. if the tournament is all about "shown ability", then Luffy would have already won this tournament. there is no denying that he has shown the most. yet, we didn't choose him over others, others, who didn't shown anything of their power. why is that you may ask. "shown ability" is not the only factor. reputation and status plays even more important role.

  14. #13
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,066
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Second Round: Battle Royale 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Amigo View Post
    Repuation and status cant win a whole tournament. Thats such a stupid argument!
    What we did see from Roo was, that he eats a lot and can use a pistol.
    What we did see from Drake was a fight against a pacifister, stopping the fight between Uruoge and Killer, transforming into a T-Rex with his DF and starting a fight with Kaidous men - and since then, two years has passed!
    I give Drake also a bounty over 400mio, and in this fight, I give him 2nd place, because we saw much more from him, than from Roo, and I am sure he also will have a important role in future.
    Reputation and status can be used effectively when there is sufficient enough of a perceived gap between two individuals. Drake's feats don't register against the competition. The pacifista's were powerful foes prior to the time skip, but as we've seen, they would be unlikely to even register as threatening foes in the NW. Everything else that you've spouted about Drake requires assumptions about what he faced, based on reputation. The only thing we saw was Drake threaten some guy in the NW, without any knowledge of that guy's rank. Drake hasn't shown much by NW standards, that's just a fact. Your 'projections' about his bounty, and potential role in the future, is far less relevant as an indicator of combat ability than the reputation of one of Shanks' primary crewmembers. And I don't see your strong support being thrown behind Brook, someone we've seen far more from, so your argument seems to be based far more on your personal preference for the character than an analytical approach to the fight. It's completely acceptable to back the characters you prefer, but don't attempt to criticise and chastise others on merits from behind such thinly veiled favouritism.
    Last edited by Impossibility; December 08, 2012 at 12:34 PM.

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    North Pole
    Posts
    676
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Second Round: Battle Royale 7

    We haven't seen anything very impressive from X Drake so far, not enough for me to put him above Lucky Roo. Maybe next time we see X Drake, he will be closer in strength to the likes of Rayleigh and Lucky Roo. But we haven't seen that yet! Not even close.

    I say Rayleigh and Lucky Roo win this.

  17. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Second Round: Battle Royale 7

    Damn! Drake, I want to vote for you because Roo didn't show anything, but then, that's a Yonkou's crew member, and a relatively important one at that, so I gotta go with him.

    But I really wonder if Ray is strong enough to beat all of them.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts