Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Which two will advance?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monkey D. Dragon

38 60.32%
  • Jozu

7 11.11%
  • Monkey D. Luffy

25 39.68%
  • Marshall D. Teach

40 63.49%
  • Benn Beckman

14 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Second Round: Battle Royale 5

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Second Round: Battle Royale 5

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBOTT View Post
    i swear, if luffy gets a pass because he teams up with dragon............ just vote for one of the two strongest. not the two who are most friendly with each other.
    But thats not the sense. In Battle Royale, everything is possible, tag teams too. Otherwise it would be the same as Round 1 with the groups.

In a Battle Royal, its not a given that the strongest win automatically. And in this scenario, I see them all team up against BB at first, and in the end, Luffy and his father will do it!.. Or Dragon and Beckman...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

So noone here thinks that Beckman has a shot here?
    According to Oda, he's the most intelligent character of the whole manga.

That gotta count for something, no?

And, even Kizaru (who is arguably as strong if not stronger than Akainu) didn't want to fight him!
    And Kizaru didn't even hesitate to fight Marco, which means that Beckman must be way stronger than him.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; December 02, 2012 at 09:34 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I've gone with Luffy and Beckman.

I've imagined the fight as a serious one, where everyone uses their abilities to the fullest without the shounen aspect of the manga/anime i.e.:
    - Battle starts
    - BB has his eyes on sucking in Dragon to prevent him using his fruit
    - Jozu storms to rush BB
    - Beckman haki one shots BB through his head (BB is proven to be slower than most high end fighters, lacking in soru and COO)
    - Jozu is shocked that BB is dead and instead smacks Dragon who is momentarily disabled via BB's absorption.
    - Luffy is pretty well all rounded, showing insane speed in every battle post TS (vs pacifista, vs ceasar - dodging those massive explosions) and good defense and observation. He will be all over the place going crazy.
    - Beckman will probably leave Luffy til last as he is the least threat to him, at least in his calculations.
    - Jozu vs Beckman ensues
    - Luffy vs Dragon is played out quite well. Dragon distrupts the whole battlefield with his DF (that much we know he can do) throwing everything into chaos. Luffy is a very versatile fighter, always adjusting to his surroundings (as shown ever since Don Kreig) and manages to fight through the storm and attach Dragon. Pound for pound Luffy is the stronger hitter imo. Though under Garp's upbringing, I'm sure Dragon can take a hit. Dragon who is dangerous for his position, army and will, but not so much for strength (assumed) loses to Luffy in the flat out brawl. Perhaps with additional shots from Beckman who's now pwned Jozu full of holes (yes haki shots can hurt Jozu if strong enough and can hurt Luffy too). But after Dragon is out... that leaves Luffy and Beckman standing winners.
    - Beckman smirks and Luffy is left wanting more.
    - What's that? *ding ding* I think I hear the bell.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    If I recall, Oda said that Beckman was the most intelligent character of the whole manga right?
    That would mean he's the Shikamaru (Naruto) of this manga.
    He said that during the few first arcs ( somewhere in the east blue if i recall correctly) and stated that he is the most intelligent character "so far".
    Since then, thousands of characters have been introduced, so i dont know where to put that statement exactly.

My vote is a straight polemic approach:
    Main antagonist (BB) and
    Main protagonist (Luffy... cmon we all know about sudden shonen main character powerups just because of some resolve... and all three kinds of haki is not something to mess with. Its something extremely rare)

I wonder why everyone ranks dragon so high... i know that hes PROBABLY damn powerful, but in the other battle royal threads, every 2nd member said something like "iam not going to give votes on speculation, since we havent seen him fighting so far". This is the case for me now. Despite that, it has been stated multiple times that bounty doesnt mean power. (But like i said, i do indeed believe that hes the strongest of this group, but aint got no proof so thats it for now)

Same applies to beckman. Having an admiral back up in front of him is indeed a good feat, but we can assume that not everyone has developed as much as the strawheads during the timeskip. Iam inclined to say that only the "weaker" ones improved (rookies and their okamana, marine soldiers with tier <Admiral or Vice admiral) since the whole timeskip would have served no purpose if that isnt the case.

Jozu on the other side is a wild card.. if we apply the laws of phisics, he could probably just turn himself to diamond and wait til everyone is exhausted/dead. But thats certainly not what kubo had in mind while designing him, or else he would be invinsible. So my guess is that armanent haki>diamond (or do you think a regular pirate with a diamond sword could cut vergos body in half? Doubt that, dofla was way to confident in vergos haki , ok bad example, yet haki is the only way to escape a situation where jozu > all, so it kinda "has" to be true that haki-> diamond)
    Last edited by Pigov; December 03, 2012 at 02:27 AM.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

three D's in a group

If I had to vote them based strength I'd say:
    1)Dragon
    2)Teach
    3)Benn Beckman
    4)Jozu
    5)Luffy

The first two are a step above Benn Beckman & Jozu, while both of them are a step above Luffy.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    So noone here thinks that Beckman has a shot here?
    According to Oda, he's the most intelligent character of the whole manga.
    NO!!! IIRC he is the most intelligent from East Blue with Captain Kuro coming second and Nami third (don't have the exact link but I read it as well)...The most intelligent in the manga has been said many times to be Vegapunk
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scott1uk View Post
    I've gone with Luffy and Beckman.

I've imagined the fight as a serious one, where everyone uses their abilities to the fullest without the shounen aspect of the manga/anime i.e.:
    - Battle starts
    - BB has his eyes on sucking in Dragon to prevent him using his fruit
    - Jozu storms to rush BB
    - Beckman haki one shots BB through his head (BB is proven to be slower than most high end fighters, lacking in soru and COO)
    - Jozu is shocked that BB is dead and instead smacks Dragon who is momentarily disabled via BB's absorption.
    - Luffy is pretty well all rounded, showing insane speed in every battle post TS (vs pacifista, vs ceasar - dodging those massive explosions) and good defense and observation. He will be all over the place going crazy.
    - Beckman will probably leave Luffy til last as he is the least threat to him, at least in his calculations.
    - Jozu vs Beckman ensues
    - Luffy vs Dragon is played out quite well. Dragon distrupts the whole battlefield with his DF (that much we know he can do) throwing everything into chaos. Luffy is a very versatile fighter, always adjusting to his surroundings (as shown ever since Don Kreig) and manages to fight through the storm and attach Dragon. Pound for pound Luffy is the stronger hitter imo. Though under Garp's upbringing, I'm sure Dragon can take a hit. Dragon who is dangerous for his position, army and will, but not so much for strength (assumed) loses to Luffy in the flat out brawl. Perhaps with additional shots from Beckman who's now pwned Jozu full of holes (yes haki shots can hurt Jozu if strong enough and can hurt Luffy too). But after Dragon is out... that leaves Luffy and Beckman standing winners.
    - Beckman smirks and Luffy is left wanting more.
    - What's that? *ding ding* I think I hear the bell.
    This is a possible scenario... with a great amount of imagination.

Especially the way you imagine BB dying is hilarious - if he was so easy to kill, he'd be dead by now. Haki infused weapons are so common in NW (it was implied how much NW level fighting involves haki, and I doubt NW fairly big shots would not use that if Kujas did) that BB would have to avoid being hit by any strong haki user.

And Luffy vs Dragon: I imagine Dragon's youth involved about the same level of craziness as Luffy's, so Dragon WILL NOT BE beaten by Luffy. And if we're talking about will, haki=will, and to be the Revolutionaries leader, your will to succeed must be godly, since you're going against the whole world.
    Your whole point that Dragon isn't as physically strong as Luffy is, as you yourself admit, assumed.

But aside from how you fodderized the most wanted man in the world and a Yonkou, the rest of your scenario is possible

Of course, if you're just trolling, then good job
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I was enjoying your response until the trolling prospect of my initial post... A troll, it was not.

My imagination (as is everyone's) is biased towards my personal views and desires. This tourney is a bit of fun and I have just tried to find a way to justify it working out that way. You have a point about BB probably being dead by now... But I don't know. I still see Beckman (lets say he's the Mihawk of Guns, and ignoring Yassop) as being able to put a bullet through anyone. BB hasn't been shown to evade much... In fact, just tank everything. But a bullet like that could be deadly. Just as one of Ace's fire spears to his brain would have killed him... but alas this is a shounen and no such thing was allowed to happen. BUT this is a tournament! And my imagination allows it!!

Perhaps part of my analogy of Luffy vs Dragon consisted of the emotional bond between the two being stronger for Dragon who longs for home, whereas Luffy doesn't really have the same sentiment for his Dad as he does for those who were actually around when he was growing up. This would inhibit Dragon's will to strike down everything and kinda end up like Garp vs Luffy in the war. That's how I see it... So yes, I know we are supposed to take it as full fighting abilities, but I can't help but take it into account in this situation.

Note: Jozu freaking lifted a glacier sized piece of ice out of the ground at a seriously tough position (mechanics wise) suggesting that his strength >>> Luffy who was ~ Ace. But then again Dofla's strings held him in check... But yes, his strength is no joke. He will do some crushing before he goes down.

I don't think Luffy can take BB, who is much stronger and can deal more damage to a larger area of effect, but in the end I don't see them both standing. And if someone is going to be standing, it's going to be Luffy. As BB was taken by surprise, unfortunately for him. If not for Beckman in this group, it would be a stale between the two imo.

Country
    Galactic Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Dragon and Beckman. I have no doubt that all these guys have Haki, and Dragon and Beckman's is most likely the strongest. Beckman and Dragon are also long range types that have the advantage on BB. BB can't stop a haki filled bullet to the head no matter how hard he tries, and I can't see either of his DF abilities having much effect on Dragon (I assume Dragon has a Weather controling Paramecia DF: the envy of every sailor on the Grand Line) Add to that Dragon and Beckman are most likely brilliant strategists with many years of experience in butt kicking, and the other guys don't stand an objective chance granting that Luffy doesn't pull out his MC card of incredible luck. So yeah, Dragon and Beckman. BB would be a close third, and Luffy is about even with Jozu.

P.S. BB isn't strong enough to be a Yonku. He is barely admiral level.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

teach getting more votes then dragon? i´m beginning to like u guys

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sachsenhesse View Post
    teach getting more votes then dragon? i´m beginning to like u guys
    Whatever. Beckman getting less votes than Luffy? Dafaq? Fandom was strong here... but didn't work nevertheless.

But I guess BB getting more votes than Dragon is understandable, since his power was shown much more than Dragon's
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2