Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Toriko 214 Discussion Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 214 Discussion Thread

Hmm interesting chapter. It was pretty obvious Komatsu would do terrible with swimming, but damn he looks fail in front of the whole world watching.

Tengu seems really strong with his full course being such a high level I can easily see him winning the whole thing. Also don't see him forming a combo with any HK. Its still unkown if he even has one yet.

Agreeing with the idea the Komatsu and Tengu will arrive at the beach at roughly the same time. Komatsu just barley winning or losing (I think winning) and choosing his ingredients. Tengu may decide to help komatsu in picking something. But because they are both unusual chefs they will make it to the top 50.

This foreshadowing to some dark event with 100% of the worlds population is killing me. I know at some point the competition is going to get interrupted but when!?
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think we are being misled about Komatsu's strength. He's always been a bad swimmer, maybe even doesn't know how to swim. Apart from the few we know are super strong (Setsuno, Zaus, Juda etc.) Wabutora and sea cooking guy are obviously not but it's their specialized abilities that allow them to excel. Swimming shouldn't be a measure of strength, but even like this Komatsu's cooking skills will have even greater impact.

Introduction of Tengu guy came as a surprise. The way he was introduced he is bound to have a major role in the arc and possibly long-term.

And the event that 100% of people will watch... that's some tension there

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    Chapter is out. I noticed that some chef's full course are made up of ingredients with very low capture level.
    And Tengu's are made up of really high level ingredients. I wonder where he gets those. Does he get them by himself? Or does he have a really strong combo?
    I think Capture Lvl=/= Taste. Even Toriko has the Fruit of the Rainbow and it's level 9 if I remember correctly. Being able to fight stronger creatures = more variety of ingredients = better tasting stuff though. Maybe it just shows Burachi likes weird food made from tough animals?

The captures levels of most of the food from Coco and Sunny's Full Course are around 15-30's level so im just assuming most Bishokuya and Combos are able to get stuff like that easy. The Chef's do have some insane skills though, Setsuno is insanely strong, and it seems like Mami, Zaus and Wabutora have superhuman speed. The 4 Heavenly Kings and Gourmet World Veterans are just A LOT stronger than most people.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this chapter made things clear that Komatsu has to grow stronger physically if he wants to survive and make it as a top Chef. Just look at the ranking the top three are insanely strong and their skills are on a whole other level. I am hoping that after this Komatsu will grow physically stronger, at least strong enough to take care of himself.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

He could be strong ya know. Maybe he just dont know how to swim lol =P flailing under water wont get you speed. Btw i wonder if toriko can walk on water like that. The pres did 'taught' him how to lol

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was really funny.
    After this chapter Matsu obviously needs to become stronger. No matter how you look at it, but Top Chefs are on a totally different level both in terms of cooking skills and fighting skills and raw power. In most of the situations Komatsu actually looks close to useless as well as quite dumb... So he really needs Gourmet Cells. Otherwise, there won't be any logical way for him to go to Gourmet World, cause even in those places in Human World, where he went to with Toriko he barely managed to survive even with special protective suites, masks and Toriko's and other Heavenly Kings' help.
    I believe the current chapter finally finished the conversation about whether Setsuno has Gourmet Cells or not.) She is just a monster.) Performing such a tech so casually in her age.

And well, I really like this new Chef. He really looks badass and seems to be a good rival for Komatsu. Seems they will be the ones among Chefs who will leed the new generation the same way Heavenly Kings will leed the new generation among Bishokuya.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

All top chefs seem to have Gourmet Cells... You guys should be more impressed by the fact that his talent even astonished some well known chefs, without even having Gourmet Cells and stuff, and that's what makes him unique in my eyes, if he gets Gourmet Cells, he'd be just another regular chef for me, imagine him using the revitalization kitchen knife without having any Gourmet Cells ? Now that would be sweet

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The majority of top 100 chefs don't have gourmet cells. It is something only one in ten thousand can actually do. Even so a normal person can still gain great benefits from top quality foods. Komatsu has bulked up a few times.

Just once i want to see someone really strong swing his melek knife.
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

top chef like setsuno is equivalent to bishokuya like president or midora or jirou (atleast they were b4) ....toriko is still an ant compared to president so its no wonder komatsu is an ant compared to setsuno...there is a long way for them to go b4 they reach topmost level...that will happen by the end of manga maybe...

and komatsu is performing so lame coz he does not know swimming...even toriko mentions it...i guess he will find some resolve now after he told zebrura to remove sound jacket and perform better...most likely the last 2 to swim across the ocean will be komatsu and chef rank 3 guy...

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2