Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shokugeki no Soma 86 Discussions/87 Predictions

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Shokugeki no Soma 86 Discussions/87 Predictions

Discuss Souma spoiler here.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by Leoat12; September 14, 2014 at 09:07 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Eru13's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shokugeki no Soma 86 Spoiler Thread

Early Jump, early raws, early spoiler, as usual, I try not to spoil the funny parts
    Spoiler show

3. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the summary.

This chapter is pretty much the same as before, I don't have too much interested in it. Now, Subaru will probably bring the same thing as Souma out next chapter? I hope not. Have enough with that, really XD.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Thanks for the summary.

This chapter is pretty much the same as before, I don't have too much interested in it. Now, Subaru will probably bring the same thing as Souma out next chapter? I hope not. Have enough with that, really XD.
    Looking at your comment, it's like you didn't read the summary XD
    They're bringing out completely different things...

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

So in summary:
    Smoked Bacon, Mesquite tree
    Subaru peeked at Mitsu's computer to spy
    Souma is cooking tons of different meat now

Ehhh, I do agree with the above post. I kinda wish this battle would speed up.

Eru, how is everyone's reaction to the meat/cooler or is that the cliffhanger and we will have to wait till next week?
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Eru13. What kind of roller coaster is it? With Soma, I bet it's one with a lot of loops.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eru13 View Post
    Looking at your comment, it's like you didn't read the summary XD
    They're bringing out completely different things...
    Well, it’s the same as in Souma bring up the leg. Subaru also bring it out and try to surpass it by using spices shown. Souma bring up new stuff. Unless Subaru doesn’t bring this new stuff up as well next chapter, it’s nothing new. That’s what I meant. It doesn't seem like the judging begin yet from what I've read in the summary, so Subaru can always do the same thing Souma do right now.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

The cliffhanger is the whole "amusement park" thing
    And the preview mentions the tasting begins next chapter

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I didn’t know the tasting starts next week. I was afraid but the chances that Subaru will just copy this idea of Souma againXD. I've seen enough of it. I’m glad that’s it for the cooking then.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Gabon
    Post Thanks / Like

One chapter to taste Subara's and another chapter to taste Soma's and maybe Gin will let slip that Soma is Jouichiro's son
    Last edited by Yureka; September 11, 2014 at 04:05 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that came early, but it is much better actually. So I would begin my prototype review for the summary
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Chingaruna517; September 11, 2014 at 09:35 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zerofm's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I didn’t know the tasting starts next week. I was afraid but the chances that Subaru will just copy this idea of Souma againXD. I've seen enough of it. I’m glad that’s it for the cooking then.
    BTW, Eru also mentioned this
    "After some confusion from our new judges, the waifus, and Subaru"
    Why would he get surprised when he (As you thought) will just easily copy his idea? The only possible explanation is that Subaru didn't even know what will Souma do with all that Meats.

Even if he could somehow grasped Souma's idea, it's not as if he could just say "Hey, I can do that too, now let me prepare the meats, teehee~", they could only use the ingredients they've prepared before the match, Takumi could improve his dish because he used something he always bring with him. From what I've seen so far, Subaru seems more like someone who'd only think before the Match, because he always believed that winning is something absolute so long as he could predict his opponent's next move

And considering all the ingredients Mimasaka had brought so far to "surpass" Souma's beef stew (And according to Eru, how much he had worked on his dish), there's also the chance that Souma's Amusement Park theme would "conflict" with Subaru's, and that it's already impossible to improve it, kinda like what happened with Takumi.

Souma's winning flag is way too big for this Match, things like "Mimasaka will use Tail Meat too" will basically do nothing to change it, add to that the next chapter after this one will be the judging, with Subaru obviously showing his dish first, which basically just raised his losing chance

Well, you get the point
    Credits : .kαede [MF's Forum]

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerofm View Post
    BTW, Eru also mentioned this
    "After some confusion from our new judges, the waifus, and Subaru"
    Why would he get surprised when he (As you thought) will just easily copy his idea? The only possible explanation is that Subaru didn't even know what will Souma do with all that Meats.

Even if he could somehow grasped Souma's idea, it's not as if he could just say "Hey, I can do that too, now let me prepare the meats, teehee~", they could only use the ingredients they've prepared before the match, Takumi could improve his dish because he used something he always bring with him. From what I've seen so far, Subaru seems more like someone who'd only think before the Match, because he always believed that winning is something absolute so long as he could predict his opponent's next move

And considering all the ingredients Mimasaka had brought so far to "surpass" Souma's beef stew (And according to Eru, how much he had worked on his dish), there's also the chance that Souma's Amusement Park theme would "conflict" with Subaru's, and that it's already impossible to improve it, kinda like what happened with Takumi.

Souma's winning flag is way too big for this Match, things like "Mimasaka will use Tail Meat too" will basically do nothing to change it, add to that the next chapter after this one will be the judging, with Subaru obviously showing his dish first, which basically just raised his losing chance
    If Soma's idea somewhat did shock Subaru, then the battle is as good as interesting. Surely the chain meat, but now with Soma has another plan. Here is my theory about the unusual shock
    • The ox-tail and the vegetable are likely the base of the stew, and Subaru copied only the minor part of it.
    • The Ox-tail is not the main theme of the beef stew, so Subaru might screwed himself if he thought it otherwise.
    • To be honest, Bacon is most concentrated on pork rather than beef. I mean, Subaru can get out of theme whatever he wants, but it could foolish if think a pork related meat can synchronize with beef stew. For that reason, I think Subaru just screwed himself.
    • The Yukihira Style Recipe is infamous known for putting weirdest ingredients into the dish, which is practical even if it's not special. What Soma did put into the dish is all of beef related for his beef stew, while Subaru's "further upgrade" seemly impractical and it will give an awful tasteIf Subaru didn't catch that, then his phony Yukihira Style would be his personal doom, let alone to copy one (beware what are you copying, Stalker King!).

Well, it’s the same as in Souma bring up the leg. Subaru also bring it out and try to surpass it by using spices shown. Souma bring up new stuff. Unless Subaru doesn’t bring this new stuff up as well next chapter, it’s nothing new.
    Wait a minute, pal. Did you read that Soma would put tongue, cheeks or any weirdest beef he can think of for his stew? If Subaru follow on by putting more meat like a race, surely make the stew uneatable since you already have smoked bacon for the stew and putting more would make it distasteful. Also, you might have to wonder why he has such confidence to tell Taki that he will bring surrpise that nobody could imagine.

What you really should have wonder is Subaru "smart" enough to see that coming, since he got everyhing in his hands. If even Subaru was shock about (although we may not sure if he played possum like his match against Takumi), surely Soma has his idea to turn his tide to his favor. For the Yukihira Style cooking, it is not the classy cooking make them unique but a wise
    Last edited by Chingaruna517; September 11, 2014 at 03:07 PM.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chingaruna517 View Post
    If Soma's idea somewhat did shock Subaru, then the battle is as good as interesting. Surely the chain meat, but now with Soma has another plan. Here is my theory about the unusual shock
    • The ox-tail and the vegetable are likely the base of the stew, and Subaru copied only the minor part of it.
    • The Ox-tail is not the main theme of the beef stew, so Subaru might screwed himself if he thought it otherwise.
    • To be honest, Bacon is most concentrated on pork rather than beef. I mean, Subaru can get out of theme whatever he wants, but it could foolish if think a pork related meat can synchronize with beef stew. For that reason, I think Subaru just screwed himself.
    • The Yukihira Style Recipe is infamous known for putting weirdest ingredients into the dish, which is practical even if it's not special. What Soma did put into the dish is all of beef related for his beef stew, while Subaru's "further upgrade" seemly impractical and it will give an awful tasteIf Subaru didn't catch that, then his phony Yukihira Style would be his personal doom, let alone to copy one (beware what are you copying, Stalker King!).
    As I said, Erina mentioned that bacon is a common garnish for beef stews, so it should fit quite well

The whole point here (which some of you seem to have missed) is that Souma using meat other than tail actually surprised everyone, including Subaru, and you know, I come from a country where using all those meat parts in a single dish isn't all that weird so Souma's idea isn't all that far-fetched imo

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eru13 View Post
    As I said, Erina mentioned that bacon is a common garnish for beef stews, so it should fit quite well

The whole point here (which some of you seem to have missed) is that Souma using meat other than tail actually surprised everyone, including Subaru, and you know, I come from a country where using all those meat parts in a single dish isn't all that weird so Souma's idea isn't all that far-fetched imo
    I actually can't wait. Beef cheek is awesome. In my culture, people use lamb tongue and lamb shoulder in same meals for different textures and flavors.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast